2020, Hairloss Cures Or Just New Treatments?

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to have a benchmark.. a good benchmark would be another treatment option that is currently marketed. In this case, it was clinically superior to isotretinoin. So the question is rather, Why shouldn’t this be marketed just like isotretinoin when it is arguably more superior.

You’re suggestion that 10% is not amazing is a fair one, but that’s your expectation. Considering this has met statistical significance means that there’s a high likelihood that this works and is better than doing nothing at all. (That’s all the FDA look for.. is it 1- safe 2-effective. You could imagine how uncertain drug companies would feel if FDA was mandated to not approve a drug because they “feel” it’s not that great.

Another thing to note is that this is meant to reduce sebum by competing with the androgen receptors. This is my educated guess here, so don’t quote me but I think this would be better at preventing further lesion formation rather than reduction in current lesions by reducing sebum production. Acne which was already formed prior to treatment probably did so because of the excess sebum, any reduction in sebum might not do much anymore as the bacteria has already infected the area.

Last edited:

justlol@you

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know of any chronic disease that has ever been "cured". Treated, yes. Cured, no. Part of that is by design of course, its better to have someone using your product forever than a thousand times once.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know of any chronic disease that has ever been "cured". Treated, yes. Cured, no. Part of that is by design of course, its better to have someone using your product forever than a thousand times once.

Yes, I see what you mean. However to me, it feels like these treatments won’t work indefinitely & will lose their effect overtime. If you told me I can maintain my hair forever with one of these up and coming treatments then I’d use it forever.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
cure = maintenance for those just started to bald ? no ?
Sure if it can maintain long term for 10-20+ years without being too expensive. The thing is we all assume that it’ll maintain when we don’t know the full results yet. I rlly hope this isn’t like prp though, where you need to pay thousands every few months for another injection.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure if it can maintain long term for 10-20+ years without being too expensive. The thing is we all assume that it’ll maintain when we don’t know the full results yet. I rlly hope this isn’t like prp though, where you need to pay thousands every few months for another injection.

First, does PRP work ? I saw people call it scam, scrap, etc.

According to phase 1 data, it seems that the maintenance last at least 2 years.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really doubt that RCH-01 will be that effective in maintaining, if stem cells are not used.
Sorry!

Can you elaborate a bit more ? So you mean RCH-01 is kinda useless ?

Btw, isnt RCH process is to take the healthy DSCC, multiply them and then inject back to the balding scalp ? What is stem cells treatment anyway, if I may ask since I presume RCH is a stem cell treatment. Thanks.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

From what i’ve seen prp does work, but you need another treatment practically every 2-3 months just to maintain results + it costs a bit over a grand each time.

& is the Maintenance for 2 years confirmed/100% accurate? We’re still waiting for the new studys which were said to be released in the 2nd half of 2018. That’s a red flag imo. I feel if rch was all they hyped it up to be, then it’d be out already.

Anyways we’ll just have to wait and see. The phase 1 data looks promising. Phase 2 data should be even better since they’ll be testing for efficacy rather than safety. Expecting a 20-25% density increase + maintenance if it works.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really doubt that RCH-01 will be that effective in maintaining, if stem cells are not used.
Sorry!

From my understanding RCH-01 is a type of stem cell therapy. Correct me if I’m wrong please,
but rch-01works by taking out hair follicle cells which are then replicated and re-injected in the scalp to bind with other hair follicles or potentially even create new hair follicles w the hair cell.
(I doubt the 2nd thing will work as they intend).

Anyways I believe stem cells work similarly by dividing then getting implanted/injected. They’re then used to repair organs/tissue & in this case hair follicles.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I actually just came across something interesting & wanted to tell yall abt it

Stem cells have a life span of 5 months to 3 years.

In most cases it ranges from as little as 6 months to 2 years. This means rch which is a type of stem cell therapy would have the same life span aswell as other future stem cell treatments.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score

In most cases it ranges from as little as 6 months to 2 years. This means rch which is a type of stem cell therapy would have the same life span aswell as other future stem cell treatments.

Well, 6 months seems too short, imo. Hope it can last much longer somehow maybe be the improved culturing process ?

Another thing, are we sure that the "replicated" DSCC would function as well as the "original" cells ?

And, if RCH fails, that would imply that Replicel has been bullshitting all along since phase 1 data.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate a bit more ? So you mean RCH-01 is kinda useless ?

Btw, isnt RCH process is to take the healthy DSCC, multiply them and then inject back to the balding scalp ? What is stem cells treatment anyway, if I may ask since I presume RCH is a stem cell treatment. Thanks.
If it is, then it's going to be effective.
But with a timeframe, 'cause stem cells don't live for ever.
(Well, they can, if they preserve their inductivity, but when they are overmultiplied, they lose it.)

Last edited:

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, 6 months seems too short, imo. Hope it can last much longer somehow maybe be the improved culturing process ?

Another thing, are we sure that the "replicated" DSCC would function as well as the "original" cells ?

And, if RCH fails, that would imply that Replicel has been bullshitting all along since phase 1 data.

Can only assume the replicated cells would work as well as the original cells. I’m pretty sure It can’t hurt atleast since you’d be just adding on. If the Phase 1 data is true then we wouldn’t have to worry about this and replicel should be a success.

As for the duration of the cells, I agree 6 months does seem short. I don’t know what they could do to lengthen the lifespan though. It’d be a pretty huge breakthrough if they did.

Some of us will respond better and have a lengthier success period & some of us won’t/ may not get any results. It’ll all vary. Personally if I only have to get one injection per year to maintain and if that injection’s only around $1,000 then I’d be satisfied.

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

But they multiply into the specific cells they need to be in that time?
Those cells carry on multiplying etc. That's what I thought happened.

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But they multiply into the specific cells they need to be in that time?
Those cells carry on multiplying etc. That's what I thought happened.

Sorry I didn’t completely understand that. But from what I’ve heard or read, rch-01 works by taking out a hair follicle without removing the root. They then isolate take the DSCC (cells) out & multiply them in some “growth medium” to culture and grow the cells along w multiplying them. They then re inject these cells back into the scalp & when they bind to other follicles it can potentially cause other cells to multiply, yes. They then expect some of these cells to later take on roles, mimick & create new hair follicles. However, even from the phase 1 safety trials and studies, it seems like replicel will be more for maintenance and improving density/thickening what you have & even stimulating dormant follicles, rather than culturing new hair follicles. Don’t get me wrong, this is all amazing but it’s far from the cure that we originally hyped it up to be & will most likely require many injections to maintain results.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would give a testicle to get my hair back, but i don't see anything coming in the next couple years.