A strange dillema with women caused by going bald

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really can't comprehend what ppl see in plastic surgery. For me the only acceptable form of plastic surgery is restorative work, i.e. if someone's been in an accident of some kind. Most of the time plastic surgery makes ppl faces look like lifeless pieces of plastic, I mean that dude right there f*****g scares me. And oh yeah, what about the girls who get shitloads of botox in their lips... never understood the fascination to fat lips either.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think in many cases and especialy in Wayne Newtons case its just the vain refusal to grow old. "Hey I'm rich and famous I should'nt have to get old".
As for the lips its probably that some women see big lips the same way CCS sees a NW1 they feel inadequate because they dont have it.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I think in many cases and especialy in Wayne Newtons case its just the vain refusal to grow old. "Hey I'm rich and famous I should'nt have to get old".
As for the lips its probably that some women see big lips the same way CCS sees a NW1 they feel inadequate because they dont have it.

Who the hell is Wayne Newton anyways? :dunno: He looks like jack in the box now... that one Canadian comedian whose name escapes me now (Martin Short maybe) said it best: the old ppl who get plastic surgery think they look 25 again, when infact they look like 50 yr olds with butchered faces.

Botox lips (aka fish lips) look pretty disgusting IMO.

CCS

Reaction score
ghg said:
I really can't comprehend what ppl see in plastic surgery. For me the only acceptable form of plastic surgery is restorative work, i.e. if someone's been in an accident of some kind. Most of the time plastic surgery makes ppl faces look like lifeless pieces of plastic, I mean that dude right there f****ing scares me. And oh yeah, what about the girls who get shitloads of botox in their lips... never understood the fascination to fat lips either.

They get collagen, not botox, in their lips. Botox is for the forehead, and just relaxes the muscles do you don't squint all the time. You can still squint if you want, just not when you are not thinking about it. I had it. Got lots of compliments.

Yeah, many women overdo the whole lip injections, or did not need them. The only women who might benefit are 60 year olds with old thin lips, but even they don't benefit since the rest of their face doesn't exactly look 20 either. It is as dumb as a 70 year old NW5 getting hair transplant. He should save his money and pain.

I'll never go under the knife. hair transplant was my only time, and my last time. Just FUE from now on.

CCS

Reaction score
Wayne Newton looks scary, but would look a lot better if he got a faded buzz hair cut and lowered his hairline 2/3 inch with a front partial. He'd still look ugly, but closer to normal. I bet he could look more normal if he lost weight. From that pic I bet he has gyno. Looks kinda feminim, but in an ugly way.

s.a.f

Reaction score
CCS said:
I'll never go under the knife. hair transplant was my only time, and my last time. Just FUE from now on.

I find that hard to believe, only last week you were talking about penis emlargment surgery. Once the effects of ageing really start to happen you're the type of guy who'll be having it all eye lifts, facelifts ect. Otherwise how are you going to look 35 aged 60?

ali777

Reaction score
Sometimes I find it difficult to understand why people have a problem with aging...

I never had a problem with my age, I mean the number doesn't bother me. I think the maturity and the experience is something I really like, at one point the way I view the world changed, and I like it....

Sure, we want to stay fit forever, and live long but life is about making the right decisions and being content. If we can be content with out lives, I'm sure even being 60 is not going to be a great deal.

My point: get on with your life, and live it to the full... There is no turning back, and make sure you are happy with yourself....

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think alot of people on here have other issues that they manifest into worrying about their looks, and we live in a society where beauty and youth are praised.
With me If I'm being honest I think it was the fact that I lost my hair in my 20's, and until then I'd always looked much younger than I was, in your teens you always want to look older (more grown up).
So I never really had a time when I felt in my 'prime' I went from looking like a kid to being bald and missed whats inbetween.
You can tell that CCS has similar issues.

If you've led a full and purposeful existance then grown old is probably much easier to deal with. I dont think there are alot of guys on here who are happily married with kids.

CCS

Reaction score
That is true. If you had a prime, and a full life, you don't mind aging gracefully. It is guys like me who skipped our youth because of sever acne and balding that took place early, who now look old, who are not happy about just moving on with the aging process. If you got a partner and the two of you enjoyed your 20's together, those memories will last a lifetime. If you never had that, and now are 35 and trying to decide if you want to settle down with someone you are not attracted to or fight the aging process, it can be hard.

ali777

Reaction score
I understand what you mean, and I can relate to a certain extent. I admit to having issues. If I was 100% happy with myself, I wouldn't care about going bald.

However, I know what my issues are and I'm trying to deal with "the real" issues. Some of them are out of my control, but I am trying to get back on track with my life. The second half of my 20s was nothing but wasted "prime"... The day I turned 30 was one of the worst days of my life. I had two really bad news on that day... What a way to enter 30... Then it hit me, I was aging, my hair was thinning, my life was crap, etc....

Mentally I have moved on since then, and I don't really regret my 20s much anymore. I'm very philosophical about it and I see it as a life lesson. I don't want to make the same mistakes again. I don't want to go through life feeling regrets or sense of deprivation. So, my life right now is all about being at peace with myself and being content with life. If I can achieve half my goals I'll be a happy person.

CCS refuses to acknowledge most of his problems, and he thinks the path leading him to being content goes through his image. CCS needs to love himself first of all. If he can't love himself, no one else will...

Most of the time we talk about confidence and arrogance to attract the opposite sex, but in reality it is being at peace with ourselves that attracts the ladies.

As I said, I'm very philosophical about aging.... I've come to realise that life has humbled me and that experience counts more than the best education money can buy... Being 30+ is not that bad, I'm happier now than I was a few years ago....

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
to be honest i dont think anyone could truthfully say they are 100% happy with their life. Human nature to always want more.

i think people who have missed out on things are the ones that find age hard. Im 23 for example and i have been partying , living the student lifestyle of drink parties and women for 5 years and im ready to leave it now and move into the more mature scene of cocktail bars, restaurants and dinner parties with friends. Whereas some guys are 30 and crave the clubbing days still as they missed out on it.

Its important to recognise how special and short life is and to value it but at the same time one must not think about it too deeply and like its a game of chess, planning things and coming up with theories....CCS :whistle:

lol the hardest thing in life to do is to think bout NOTHING and forget worries and problems. I started meditation about a year ago( here come the jokes :gay: ) as a way to unwind and let me tell you...clearing your mind and thinking of nothing is ridicously hard to do. When you do it you realise how many thoughts bounce around your head. You are concentrating on your breathing and it only and while your trying to find your brain peace along comes a thought. If ya get it tohugh its great. Wouldnt call it enlightment but it destresses well. :hump:

ali777

Reaction score
I was reading some random info on Norwood scales last night....

I thought NW2 was supposed to be the early stages of male pattern baldness... Apparently I was wrong.

The info I was reading said that 98% of the male population are NW2 post-puberty. So, the likes of Christiano Ronaldo, who still have NW1 hairline are very rare.... We can also conclude that he's still a kid :)

I wouldn't say I'm stressed about my hairloss, but I'm constantly aware of it and it is playing in my mind sometimes.... Anyway, the 98% thing made me feel much better about myself.

There are some other stats like 50% of all men being at least NW3 at 40, etc... I'm in the wrong side of that 50%, but 50% is still a rather huge number.

I'm just trying to make you feel better about yourself.... Balding is normal...

PS: Those post-puberty kids on this forum that think of themselves as balding should read this and wake up.... NW2 is NORMAL for almost everyone.. Some call it mature hairline.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what Norwood are you ali?

you are right when you talking about a thick nw2 with no thinning However a nw2 who is losing alot of hair everyday and thinning is a different thing and needs treated.

ali777

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
what Norwood are you ali?

Good question... I don't know the answer :dunno:

When I first started looking into hairloss, I tried to put myself on the scale but I couldn't make up my mind.

I've seen both optimistic and pessimistic grading out there. I'm probably NW3.... My understanding is that the difference between NW2 and NW3 is in the thinning. The hairline is almost the same in both NW2 and NW3 but NW3 is slightly more receded and the thinner version of it....

I had the V shape for 10 years now, it never bothered me. That was my NW2 stage. Now I have receded a bit more and I have frontal and crown thinning. The first inch of my hairline and my crown are very weak... So, I guess that puts me at a solid NW3...

I was just trying to make a point that most of us are actually balding within the "expected" norm... I know uncomfortableman and hatprisoner hate people like us, they don't view us as balding, maybe they have a point.... Cassin was saying that he managed to get back to a "healthy" looking NW3 now as opposed to having lifeless hair... I think I'll be happy to stay within that "healthy" looking NW3 range until I'm 40, but you never know with those things.... It's a shame finasteride didn't work for me :sobbing:, my body didn't like it at all...

Petchsky

Reaction score
Don't see why you don't get on spironolactone Ali, you do have a regimen, might as well put something in there to block DHT.

CCS

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
Its important to recognise how special and short life is and to value it but at the same time one must not think about it too deeply and like its a game of chess, planning things and coming up with theories....CCS :whistle:

lol the hardest thing in life to do is to think bout NOTHING and forget worries and problems. I started meditation about a year ago

Yeah, just forget about women and go meditate instead. I feel happy already. :jump:

CCS

Reaction score
ali777 said:
I There are some other stats like 50% of all men being at least NW3 at 40, etc... I'm in the wrong side of that 50%, but 50% is still a rather huge number.

NW2 is about 1/2 inch above NW1. A mature hairline is about 1/4 inch higher.

And yeah, balding is normal, just as it is normal that women only have to be in shape to look good, whereas men have to be tall, muscular, big penis, full head of hair, not too much body hair. Basically, for every perfect guy, there are 5 perfect women, and they would rather fight over the perfect guy and treat the other guys like servants than just pair up with a guy in their same percentile. That is why you hear women complain that there are just not enough attractive guys out there. And I hate it when I hit on an average looking womam and instead of her being happy because she likes me, she is happy because she thinks she will get to lead me on and use me like her prettier friends do. I can recognise the facial expression and just walk away when I see it.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
CCS said:
ali777 said:
I There are some other stats like 50% of all men being at least NW3 at 40, etc... I'm in the wrong side of that 50%, but 50% is still a rather huge number.

NW2 is about 1/2 inch above NW1. A mature hairline is about 1/4 inch higher.

And yeah, balding is normal, just as it is normal that women only have to be in shape to look good, whereas men have to be tall, muscular, big penis, full head of hair, not too much body hair. Basically, for every perfect guy, there are 5 perfect women, and they would rather fight over the perfect guy and treat the other guys like servants than just pair up with a guy in their same percentile. That is why you hear women complain that there are just not enough attractive guys out there. And I hate it when I hit on an average looking womam and instead of her being happy because she likes me, she is happy because she thinks she will get to lead me on and use me like her prettier friends do. I can recognise the facial expression and just walk away when I see it.

you know some men considered the sexiest ever had lots of body hair - eg. Sean Connery. I've heard women say that chest hair, leg hair etc is attractive

ali777

Reaction score
CCS said:

You either have very selective vision or we have a very different opinion of what "average" man and woman is..... It is a known fact that men in general rate themselves rather high, but women tend to rate themselves low. In other words, most men think of themselves as above average and most women see themselves as below average.....

I'm saying your vision is selective because you think the ratio is 5/1 in women's advantage. Do you seriously believe there are that many hot women out there? If your answer is yes, I'm moving to Texas....

I also think women are much more likely to be self conscious than men. Most men don't care about their appearance, but women do. That's probably something to do with the confidence levels, ie low for women and high for men. So, it's more acceptable for a man not to make an effort with his appearance.

I have to agree with you that in our generation there are lots of "independent" women who are only interested in Brad Pitt look alikes... It is those women that complain that there aren't enough good men out there. They think they deserve nothing less than a knight in shining armor on a white horse. However, those women are still in the minority...