A study on pgd2 and androgens relationship

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

5. Conclusions
PGD2 directly stimulates the expression of androgen target genes, AKT and its downstream substrates are involved in mediating these effects. Thus, our data in this study provide that the activity of AR could be regulated not only DHT but also various signal changes by PGD2 in hDPCs.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We next examined whether a DP2 antagonist affects AR expression. hDPCs were pretreated with TM30089 (DP2 antagonist) at 20 μM for 1 h and then treated with 100 nM DHT for 5 h. Stimulation with TM30089 inhibited the upregulation of AR and DP2 (Figure 1F,G). Additionally, immunocytochemistry data showed that DHT-stimulated AR and DP2 expression was detected in the nucleus, and the expression of AR and DP2 in the TM30089-treated group was weaker than that in the DHT-treated group (Figure S1A,B).

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prostaglandin D2 receptor (DP2) antagonist (TM30089) decreases dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-induced androgen receptor (AR) and prostaglandin expression in human dermal papilla cells (hDPCs). The mRNA expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX2), prostaglandin D2 synthase (PTGDS) and DP2 was examined in hDPCs treated with DHT for 24 h. The mRNA expression of COX2 (A), PTGDS (B) and DP2 (C) was induced by 100 nM DHT. DP2 protein expression was strongly induced by 100 nM DHT at 5 h (D). hDPCs were cultured for 24 h with DHT, as indicated. The level of PGD2 receptor in the supernatant was evaluated in three independent experiments (E). The relative mRNA levels were normalized to that of GAPDH. hDPCs were pretreated with 20 µM TM30089 for 1 h and then treated with 100 nM DHT for 5 h. The protein level of AR (F) and DP2 (G) was measured by western blot. TM30089 decreased the DHT-induced AR and DP2 expression. β-actin served as a loading control for protein normalization. The results are expressed as the mean  ±  SD of three independent experiments: CTL; control. * p < 0.05 compared with the control (0 nM DHT). # p < 0.05 compared with the DHT 100 nM.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Putting in an order for TM30089 today, gonna need to find a place to get it tested before I take it orally.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Putting in an order for TM30089 today, gonna need to find a place to get it tested before I take it orally.
Be careful, TM is very powerful, caused sleep problems in every guys who tried it in the past. It lowers pgd2 activity too much, messing with sleep.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be careful, TM is very powerful, caused sleep problems in every guys who tried it in the past. It lowers pgd2 activity too much, messing with sleep.

Seems some have been able to offset that with melatonin or other supplements.

Obviously, won't know my tolerability until I try it, but I'll take that side effect over anything that messes with testosterone/dht or 5ar, personally.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, I just want to replicate westonci's results. And while he said that he felt PGE2+Microneedling were the heavy hitters, the inhibition of PGD2 more than likely allows growth agonists such as PGE2, microneedling, etc. to be that much more effective.

I think for any progress to be made, it's going to comedown to inhibition of androgens or the prostaglandins they upregulate. I know the answer for me isn't inhibiting DHT because I simply can't tolerate that route, so it's either this route or nothing.

Want to see what TM+PGE2+PGF2a does for me, and maybe eventually add SW033291 as pegasus seems pretty big on it.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your opinion about setipiprant failing trial for hairloss?

And sucks fevi was also not good enough against astma.
Seti is just too weak in my opinion, and so f*****g pricey. Cetirizine would be a better alternative for pgd2, it's cheap and reduces pgd2 by around 50%

If your going for a full prostaglandins protocol like myself, i suggest high dose asprin / oral castor oil / niacin combo

I am currently trying this protocol

Last edited:

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, I just want to replicate westonci's results. And while he said that he felt PGE2+Microneedling were the heavy hitters, the inhibition of PGD2 more than likely allows growth agonists such as PGE2, microneedling, etc. to be that much more effective.

I think for any progress to be made, it's going to comedown to inhibition of androgens or the prostaglandins they upregulate. I know the answer for me isn't inhibiting DHT because I simply can't tolerate that route, so it's either this route or nothing.

Want to see what TM+PGE2+PGF2a does for me, and maybe eventually add SW033291 as pegasus seems pretty big on it.
He tried the prostaglandins protocol with the worst pgd2 inhibitor we have.

Yes i think keeping pge2 activity high is very important too, but if pgd2 activity is not reduced, you will continue to lose your hair over time. This is what the guys who only use minoxidil experience. They increase pge2 without decreasing pgd2 which is attacking the follicules.

Microneedling is very powerful, but sadly i have Diffuse thinning all over my scalp (DUPA), so it's impossible for me to entirely cover it

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seti is just too weak in my opinion, and so f*****g pricey. Cetirizine would be a better alternative for pgd2, it's cheap and reduces pgd2 by around 50%

If your going for a full prostaglandins protocol like myself, i suggest high dose asprin / oral castor oil / niacin combo

Do you know how much pgd2 is reduced by niacin?
So in theory if i add niacin to my regimen may be things like minoxidil can act better?

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

5. Conclusions
PGD2 directly stimulates the expression of androgen target genes, AKT and its downstream substrates are involved in mediating these effects. Thus, our data in this study provide that the activity of AR could be regulated not only DHT but also various signal changes by PGD2 in hDPCs.
This is huge

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am using cetirzine before i was balding . And here i am here . Also tried it topical version which i made based on the research post and got 0 result. I think the pgd2 path was over many tried it never deliver anything.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using cetirzine before i was balding . And here i am here . Also tried it topical version which i made based on the research post and got 0 result. I think the pgd2 path was over many tried it never deliver anyt
I am using cetirzine before i was balding . And here i am here . Also tried it topical version which i made based on the research post and got 0 result. I think the pgd2 path was over many tried it never deliver anything.
I think part of it is finding what works for you. Same thing with finasteride, dutasteride, etc. sometimes you need more. I’m doing castor+niacin. Which seems to work for me