All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggie99

Reaction score
smitysmity said:
@big3nme

Don't worry, I am shedding as well just like you. It's ridiculous. I shower and about 75 to 100 hairs falls out versus what they previously were (10 to 25). It's consistent as well and only happens when I just applied Bimatoprost and then wash off my hair.

Hello,

I have not started my bimatoprost yet, but wanted to contribute my experience using latisse for my eyelashes(I am a woman).

The first month or so I shed a lot of eyelashes, than eventually shed none. Then went through periods of shedding more. My eyelashes did get longer, even though they were long to begin with. I had the image of super thick, luscious lashes if I was going to lose my super thick, luscious hair. Never really turned out to make a dramatic difference to me-but did get a couple compliments on them, but that may have been because of my starting point. I did however stop worrying about lashes that fell out. I know this is much harder to do concerning hair on your head.

Best of luck.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
debris said:
shed is a good sign. most ppl who have great regrowth first experience huge shed

Well this is really only for minoxidil sheds, no one really knows much about Bimatoprost and shedding. I think my main concern is we really don't even know if we are using Bimatoprost.

smitysmity said:
Don't worry, I am shedding as well just like you. It's ridiculous. I shower and about 75 to 100 hairs falls out versus what they previously were (10 to 25). It's consistent as well and only happens when I just applied Bimatoprost and then wash off my hair.

Agreed, mine seems worse when applying Bim but it's still pretty bad when applying my RU later in the day. I never had any sheds like this before starting Bim though. Lets hope it's a good thing..

magster said:
Hello,

I have not started my bimatoprost yet, but wanted to contribute my experience using latisse for my eyelashes(I am a woman).

The first month or so I shed a lot of eyelashes, than eventually shed none. Then went through periods of shedding more. My eyelashes did get longer, even though they were long to begin with. I had the image of super thick, luscious lashes if I was going to lose my super thick, luscious hair. Never really turned out to make a dramatic difference to me-but did get a couple compliments on them, but that may have been because of my starting point. I did however stop worrying about lashes that fell out. I know this is much harder to do concerning hair on your head.

Best of luck.

This is promising that you shed eyelashes on latisse. Thanks for sharing.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
Sheds are hard to go thru but in time hair regrowth becomes less and less synchronized, making shedding, a natural part of the hair growth cycle, less obvious.

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
The kind you are looking at right now is 0.03% and for the eyes. It's been proven you need at least 0.05% for the hair. 0.03% likely won't do anything.

Would you mind giving me proof of this statement please. Also where do you find .05% solution? i've spent the last hour trying to find a solution above .03%. I live in the UK by the way.

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Ted Stryker said:
Ken if you check the first posts on this thread you'll find a study involving a 0.05% solution.

The only commercially available products are 0.03%. Anything above that (for now) is home made.

Ken1983 said:
Would you mind giving me proof of this statement please. Also where do you find .05% solution? i've spent the last hour trying to find a solution above .03%. I live in the UK by the way.
Sorry i did'nt have time to read through the whole thread. Does it explain how to make the stronger solution and where to buy the chemicals?

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Ken1983 said:
smitysmity said:
The kind you are looking at right now is 0.03% and for the eyes. It's been proven you need at least 0.05% for the hair. 0.03% likely won't do anything.

Just read this thread. It's mentioned in here multiple times.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
I just mixed my second batch. For storage and mixing convenience, I have been using an old 125 ml Xandrox bottle. Fully filled, its about 150 ml. Thus, by my calculations, a 0.08% solution.

My vehicle is Ethyl Rubbing Alcohol (70%) mixed 10-1 with glycerin.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I am on about week 3 or 4 of Bimatoprost, and the shedding is still there but decreasing. Nothing unusual so far to report.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
As I said above, I had a major shed after about a month on bimatoprost but it has stopped.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JohnNYC said:
I just mixed my second batch. For storage and mixing convenience, I have been using an old 125 ml Xandrox bottle. Fully filled, its about 150 ml. Thus, by my calculations, a 0.08% solution.

Did you make a new order JohnNYC, is this still the left over powder from the first order?

Plus how many ml per day are you using?

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
JohnNYC said:

Did you make a new order JohnNYC, is this still the left over powder from the first order?

Plus how many ml per day are you using?

I had a quick double order.

I apply the solution AM and PM as Bimatoprost has a short half life.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
What's the going price on a gram again? I'm getting a price quote from a new supplier.

How is the testing source going? I will chip in either product or $$$. Would love to know that at least some of the stuff from any source is real...

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just ordered some 0.03% of this stuff, i'm too impatient to wait around for anything higher. I've heard some sucess storys on this dose.

What are you guy experiencing? any regrowth?

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Ken1983 said:
I've just ordered some 0.03% of this stuff, i'm too impatient to wait around for anything higher. I've heard some sucess storys on this dose.

You probably wasted your money.

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
Ken1983 said:

Who else agrees with this statement? Forum veterans please answer.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ken1983 said:
smitysmity said:
Ken1983 said:

Who else agrees with this statement? Forum veterans please answer.

One of the Allergan reps is already using Latisse 0.03% on some of his patients scalps. He said he was noticing the same sort of results as Rogaine 5% and nothing more.

Will 0.03% do something...maybe. But is it going to be better than just your standard minox5% at that dose...no.

so I agree with smity, your best bet if you want to try for the best regrowth would be to use higher doses. But it can get expensive. I think even 1% may be worth a try. That would get quite expensive. But we really dont know what the maximum for this drug is. Every drug eventually will have diminishing returns, so upping the strength will no longer be beneficial. But that is what Allegan are testing now. We also dont know what risks are involved in using REALLY high doses like 0.5-1% even.

All you can do is try. You bought them, so test it out for yourself. But people have got *some* sort of results from 0.03% as I said. Just nothing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.