JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
fa0ec4b451f228118016c641985cb7af.gif

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** im desperate, now all I have left to try is no fap and lathering my scalp in coconut and castor oil every other night. maybe I'll start Zinc and Biotin aswell. Its the only options ive got left.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never thought I would fall for a scam... f***. I just assumed if it was bullshit the university would have disavowed them by now. I guess they just dont know this exists. Does any one here remember a hairloss scam being even half as elaborate as this?

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man with paypal we will get our money back anyway dont worry, im just disappointed as i was a tiny bit hopeful about hair improvements, just shows how desperate we are that it clouds our judgement, id like 7th senses opinion on this.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man with paypal we will get our money back anyway dont worry, im just disappointed as i was a tiny bit hopeful about hair improvements, just shows how desperate we are that it clouds our judgement, id like 7th senses opinion on this.

But how? on pay pals website is says they can only cancel a payment that hasn't been completed. Once completed it says you have to contact the seller directly to get a refund which i've done but will obviously almost definately be ignored.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
paypal can reverse the charge, you will have to ring them to explain but they should do it for you, tell tehm you contacted the seller but they wont respond.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm not surprised at all.
clinical studies and peer reviewed papers are falsified all the time, for decades. and in 99.9% of all cases they get away with it.
it's often just impossible to prove it's a scam, and even if it is, nobody is going to waste time, energy, and money to debunk a scam.
it's sad, but that's the world we live in.
and hairloss research is probably the field with the easiest possible scams. the two biggest scams currently in the making are kerastem and histogen.

another example, dr. gho's donor regeneration claims were already debunked years ago, but nothing happened to him, because nobody is willing to spend time and money on years of lawsuits. so he just can continue his scammy business.
the same will be with kerastem and histogen. they will make millions for many years without getting sued or anything.

same with hairmax lasercomb and theradome laserhelmet, made from ex-NASA scientist hamim tamid. theradome got caught many times changing their specs of the helmet dramatically because the math they advertised didn't make sense and customers started asking questions about it. few years later, theradome is still selling like hot cakes, because every year there is a new generation of baldies with no previous experience, who see their ad or find it by google and decide to give it a try.

or TRX2 lol... or reboost... or the pilox hairregen device...

hundrets of hairloss scams are out there, and nobody can stop em.

only a real cure can kick all those asses out of business.

Man I really wish I knew it was this bad. I thought it would be quick and easy to prove a scam and the police would deal quickly with it. Cant the police just ask for the contact information of the people in the trials to see if they exist and actually got results?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
So in less than 24 hours this stuff has gone from being hailed as minoxidil 2.0 to glorified biotin tablets? :D

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this is confirmed as a scam? This is strictly on the basis of the fact that they apparently used recycled photos in their "study"? Should I attempt to get my credit card company to void the payment if possible?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** i'm never getting my money back. I havent been on here for weeks, then i come on this morning get exited sign up and its a scam 12 hours later. f***.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this is confirmed as a scam? This is strictly on the basis of the fact that they apparently used recycled photos in their "study"? Should I attempt to get my credit card company to void the payment if possible?

yes if this is possible.

DVXYZ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What we know for sure is the photos used in the "study" aren't the result of this Applemets. So it's looking like it is indeed a scam. A group of people over on IESON are receiving a 90 day free trial from the university who have asked them to send them photos as well as upload them to the IESON forum, so we'll see how that goes. In the mean time I'm most likely going to try to cancel my order and since I just put it in several hours ago it shouldn't be an issue.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I told you guys, this scam was so obvious. The problem with the hairloss community is that nearly the whole membership of a hairloss forum changes every 5 years because the most people lose all their hair in these 5 years or they could stop their loss. So every 5 years we have 95% new people in these forums and they are easy to scam because they don't know sh*t. The companys know how to make money out of this.

DVXYZ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's definitely a bummer, I have an appointment with my doctor in a few weeks so I'm probably just going to jump on finasteride for a year or so until Shiseido or Brotzu becomes available. Hopefully this is one of the final scams before something legit comes along.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well luckily for me I Just discovered 120 bucks in my dresser a couple of days ago so I guess it all evens out man. I'm going to try to be Zen about this. This was a learning experience which has made me wiser and all things considered thats not too bad of an outcome. Now I'm going to try to make the rest of my day awesome and not dwell on this.

Godspeed Fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.