Atcc Pta 6475, The Cure We Aren't Talking About?

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well.. thank you for your dedication :D
I'm already on finasteride , my dude. How could I recognize which one is working (if at least one of them works in the first place lol )?

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
but surely then, the fact that I was on heavy antibiotics about 8 months ago that killed off all my bacterial flora, that should have caused massive hairloss right? how come i didn't notice any difference and nobody noticies heavy male pattern baldness when they take antibiotics?

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried making yogurt from this a few months ago which was an epic failure. Incubated twice and the end result was an extremely foul smelling curdled mixture.

The main problem with the tablets is the inclusion of the other strain in there, which has different effects and makes it hard to culture. I believe the other strain has the competitive advantage.

igamblesowhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok why not just drink kefir then?

Whatever kefir you get, it won't have the correct strain of bacteria in it unless you made it yourself with the L. Reuteri 6475 strain.

I took spirulina (nutrex brand powder) 3g day for months I did not see anything positive for my hairs. But I liked the taste though(in yoghourt) :

It doesn't contain the strain from the study. Different strains of different bacteria have very different effects.

Here is a link from the Dr. in the OP who is one of the main people online promoting the use of LR6475 and it should help clarify about different strains of the same probiotic and how they differ: (new, I can't post links: blog. dot undoctored.com/what-a-difference-strain-can-make/

Is your yogurt tasty?

The batches I made are. They have varied in quality however which is something I came to expect based on prior reading. It seems the more you make it, the better it grows. Just made batch #3 and it is thick and creamy where as batch #1 was half separated whey! (Batch 2 was creamy, but stringy and thin).

(new, I can't post links) supherb.co.il/en/it-works-naturally/probiotics-series/bio-55-lr-intense-probiotics/

here we have 5 billion of L.Rotary , but also more bacterias (i dont know if its good or not).
What do you think, friends?

This supplement does say it contains 5 billion L. Reuteri, but the critical problem here is that it does not say which strain. There are probably thousands of different strains of L. Reuteri.

With regard to ATCC PTA 6475, I think BioGaia actually owns a patent on it. If that is in fact true, it is unlikely you will find it elsewhere at this time.

Good news is, it's easy to buy a box of this stuff, use 10 tablets to make your own yogurt, and culture new batches with a bit of the old yogurt for free. Using perhaps 1 crushed tablet every few batches to insure that both strains in the BioGaia supplement are proliferating in your homemade yogurt. Using the tabs this way would make them last a really long time if you're making say a half gallon or more at a time (I make it by the gallon) and eating a 1/2 cup a day or so as a supplement.

but surely then, the fact that I was on heavy antibiotics about 8 months ago that killed off all my bacterial flora, that should have caused massive hairloss right? how come i didn't notice any difference and nobody noticies heavy male pattern baldness when they take antibiotics?

I read that L. Reuteri is quite susceptible to a) being out competed by other strains in the gut if it exists in low quantities and b) being wiped out by anti-biotics because it has little immunity to them unlike other

I tried making yogurt from this a few months ago which was an epic failure. Incubated twice and the end result was an extremely foul smelling curdled mixture.

The main problem with the tablets is the inclusion of the other strain in there, which has different effects and makes it hard to culture. I believe the other strain has the competitive advantage.

It's really not so hard. Use the prior posted recipe... that's what I did.

The first batch was half whey (used it in my daily health shake), the yogurt was clumpy, but tasty.
The second batch had no separation of whey, few clumps, and was best described as stringy... but tasty.
The third batch was thick, creamy, and tasty!

igamblesowhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
FWIW, I found this thread approximately 3 weeks ago. I was intrigued by the possibility of raising T, elevating oxytocin (mood), firming skin, and getting that youthful glow that probiotics can sometimes bestow (new, I can't post links but you can search for Probiotic Bacteria Induce a 'Glow of Health' - NCBI - NIH)

^^ Hey, if you can't have a full head of hair... compensate!

Thus, I decided to order the probiotic tablets and commenced to making a gallon of yogurt in my InstaPot.

PRO TIPS:
  • add some heavy cream to the milk before boiling to yield thicker yogurt
  • incubate it for a good 24-36 hours if using an instapot ~110F
  • add a few tablespoons of inulin in the mix before starting the incubation
  • add a little scoop of inulin when you eat your yogurt to help feed your internal bacteria (also it tastes quite sweet and delicious)
  • save a small amount of the finished product for reseeding future batches in a separate dish

RESULTS:
I have been eating this stuff for about 3 weeks now and the oxytocin effect seems real to me. My general happiness has improved noticeably.
Too early to tell with regard to hair and to be honest, I'm on too much new sh*t anyway to scientifically approach whether this will help with that or not but figured it's worth a shot with all the other possible health improvements given it's accessible and cheap to reproduce.

igamblesowhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would the bacteria survive if I order it to India? Would it have any problems with the shipping, regarding temperature?

Ordering it once, making yogurt to multiply bacteria and using some of the current yogurt to make a new batch sounds doable.

The package says to keep the temperature below 77F/25C. If temp goes higher I suspect the probiotics destabilize and start to die off. Perhaps order during winter if you live in an extraordinarily hot location?

I think they would still arrive with some bacteria alive in them and once you culture them properly, you'll have perhaps a trillion of them instead of the 100 million per tablet. So even if 2/3rds of them die off in shipment, so long as some live and you can manage to culture them you'll end up with an unlimited supply.

There is some cause for concern I suppose as there are two strains in this product (no way I've found to get 6475 alone) and one of them might survive better than the other temperature wise. It could affect the ratio of what you grow later on but really, I wouldn't concern myself with it. I'd just do it and hope for the best :)

ATCCPTA6475

My Regimen
Reaction score
anymore updates to this experiment ? like perhaps from someone who has been on it for 6 months at least ? the fact minoxidil and finesteride both take many months alone to show any kind of results i would assume LR6475 to do the same

igamblesowhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
anymore updates to this experiment ? like perhaps from someone who has been on it for 6 months at least ? the fact minoxidil and finesteride both take many months alone to show any kind of results i would assume LR6475 to do the same

I'm still taking it. Still enjoying it as a food source.
I have gotten another person onto the yogurt method of administration as well and they claim to feel better in general (it's a person ~60 years of age). Could of course be placebo, but feelings of well-being were reported by other users on other websites and I would assume it is due to the oxytocin.

At the very least, increasing endogenous oxytocin production will probably make you feel better about your hair loss... so there's that! :)

I'd like to reiterate that if you buy the pills and make your own yogurt, say a gallon at a time, it's very cheap to do and probably worth it for overall health, regardless of how it affects one's hair.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

No results to the hair. Do feel good. Sperm count still increased despite taking saw palmetto. Which reduced it first.

dietcoke1987

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guess condensing everything I learned from all the research on the topic and passing it on isn't good enough for some people. Don't know why I waste my time trying to save other peoples time.

Last edited:

igamblesowhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fairlife lactose free milk, in whole, 1%, 2% whatever is in stock

Been making it with this brand and dextrose for the last three batches. I still like the taste. However, I have had other people try it and I've gotten feedback that it tastes not like yogurt (though who knows what their skewed perspective on store bought sweet yogurt really is) but more like "cottage cheese" or "sour cream".

Anyway, I'm still enjoying this immensely. Other people I know have been on it and one in particular, who has been on it for a few months now has seen massive improvements in thyroid function (blood work and real world observations on a thyroid that has been messed up for 20+ years), better skin (very noticeable quality improvements, less oily, etc), weight loss (minus 7% of body weight) and notable energy increases.

On a personal note my hair is continuing to improve, but I've taken a kitchen sink approach so I can not say one way or another whether or not making yogurt from the 6475 strain has helped.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HI-

Just discovered this product, then after searching, found the thread. Wondering if any new input, Ive ordered the correct strain plane to make soon.

A few q's for previous posters-
The original wheat belly Dr didn't seem to indicate lactose free anything was an issue. How do we know that lactose is not doable in the milk used? The Dr seems to indicate his patients are reporting good results with regular organic milk or half and half..?

Not doubting just wondering.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
Been making this with my instant pot the past 3 months, with cans of coconut milk. Certainly is true that it only really gets thick and creamy on the 3rd or 4th batch. Perhaps this is truly when it has an effect on things.

No hair response (at least yet) - im on a multitude of things and nothing really seems to be helping (judging from the presence of the itch) but it really has helped my digestion. I notice the days I dont take it as my stomach is far from happy, and I get IBS symptoms.

Love the fact that you only have to buy the probiotics once and then you can just keep using the batch.

I've just received Innéov Duology which has the Lactobacillus ST11 strain (first probiotic for Seb derm sufferers). I'm a little concerned that the zinc and other ingredients might mess up the fermentation process, but will try and make a yogurt with it. Will do it separately from the L reuteri as that one needs over 30hrs and I'm pretty sure this one wont need half as long.