Baldness Confirmed Disfigurement: Wikipedia Article Matches Our Situation

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Being the only bald guy out of 1000 as a 20 year old, or being a bald 50 year together with half the other 50 year olds. Yeah, I would definitely choose the latter :rolleyes:

Can't believe this is even up for discussion tbh

And I think you're a young man who doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't feel any sorrier for you over your hair loss than I do for myself, and I care more about myself than I care about you.

I've been both young and getting-older. And in my view it's worse to be older with hair loss because older people with hair loss started losing their hair when they were young (or at least I did) and have seen our youth go by while losing our hair and now we have to worry that we will never see another day when we have our hair.

If there was a breakthrough treatment for hair loss but there was only enough for one person I would use it on myself without giving any consideration that some younger person also wants it. My life is just as important to me as his is to him.

How many 48 year old bald guys in the dermatologists office (for a hair loss consult) do you think are focused on the 20-somethings guys who also want their hair back? Answer: none. We're in the doctor's office because we want OUR hair back, the same as you 20-somethings are in the doctor's office because you want your hair back.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
For being so alpha I didn't know you listen to such throwaway teenage horse sh*t Shook ;)

(Don't mind me I just think Jesse Lacey is an overrated hack)
I grew up on this music.

I absolutely love the scene emp punk, and alternative rock music era.

EDM, and the throw backs Emo scene music is all I listen to.

I used to be huge in the alternative, rock, metal and edge scene.

I practically ran the hxc scene in toronto, we had a huge member base in Toronto. I always attended local shows, gigs and parties.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I grew up on this music.

I absolutely love the scene emp punk, and alternative rock music era.

EDM, and the throw backs Emo scene music is all I listen to.

I used to be huge in the alternative, rock, metal and edge scene.

I practically ran the hxc scene in toronto, we had a huge member base in Toronto. I always attended local shows, gigs and parties.

Dance Gavin Dance is very good. They are going on tour with 2 very good instrumental acts this spring; Chon and Vasudeva.

I am more into the "old school" emo stuff like Mike Kinsella's projects (American Football and Cap'n Jazz) and The Appleseed Cast.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I think you're a young man who doesn't know what he's talking about because he hasn't been both young and older yet. I don't feel any sorrier for you over your hair loss than I do for myself and I care more about myself than I do about you.

I've been both young and getting older. And in my view it's worse to be older with hair loss because older people with hair loss started losing their hair when they were young (or at least I did) and have seen our youth go by while losing our hair and now we have to worry that we will never see another day when we have our hair.

If there was a breakthrough treatment for hair loss but there was only enough for one person I would use it on myself without giving any consideration that some younger person also wants it.

How many 48 year old bald guys in the dermatologists office (for a hair loss consult) do you think are focused on the 20-somethings guys who also want their hair back? Answer: none. We're in the doctor's office because we want OUR hair back, the same as you 20-somethings are in the doctor's office because you want your hair back.
You have missed my point completely. Let me put it this way. Imagine if you lost your hair young, then you would not been able to sleep with 2000 almost virgins. And you don't have a youth worth reminiscing about. On top of that you'd still be bald now, you would just have never experienced youth to begin with.

Now you're an 'old' man, and like many of your peers you're bald. Is that really that bad?

Of course any older man or woman would love to have hair, but the importance of hair as an old person is not even close to the importance of hair to young one. Even if it's still important.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
You have missed my point completely. Let me put it this way. Imagine if you lost your hair young, then you would not been able to sleep with 2000 almost virgins. And you don't have a youth worth reminiscing about. On top of that you'd still be bald now, you would just have never experienced youth to begin with.

Now you're an 'old' man, and like many of your peers you're bald. Is that really that bad?

Of course any older man or woman would love to have hair, but the importance of hair as an old person is not even close to the importance of hair to young one. Even if it's still important.

I started losing hair in my very early 20s. But it did not fly off my head. It progressed slowly. By the time I was 24 there was considerable damage and the good life stopped. Now it's more than 20 years later and I do not feel any better. I don't care that there are more people in my age group who are balding than there are in you're age group. That means nothing to me. What matters to me is that my life was damaged and my life continues to be damaged.

You need to understand that this world does not center around you. You get what you can get and that is all you get. If Pilofocus causes quality donor regeneration I'll schedule an immediate appointment for me in New York to get the treatment. It's your job to get treatment for yourself.

Last edited:

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

i haven't even started my life as an adult but facing the harsh reality.

when you are old and bald people are not going to mock at you, they will show some respect.
but if u r a young bald guy, i know how life goes around and it's definitely not the life u want to live.

I started losing hair in my very early 20s. But it did not fly off my head. It progresses slowly. By the time I was 24 there was considerable damage and the good life stopped. Now it's more than 20 years later and I do not feel any better. I don't care that there are more people in my age group who are balding than there are in you're age group. That means nothing to me. What matters to me is that my life was damaged and my life continues to be damaged.

You need to understand that this world does not center around you. You get what you can get and that is all you get. If Pilofocus causes quality donor regeneration I'll schedule an immediate appointment for me in New York to get the treatment w/o giving any thought to whether or not you can afford the treatment.

well then that sucks totally, i wish that it doesn't happen to me in the future when so many treatments are going to be available.
the problem with baldness is u can't predict the condition of hair loss well in advance and rest assured.
it's really devastating if u suffered for 20 years.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started losing hair in my very early 20s. But it did not fly off my head. It progresses slowly. By the time I was 24 there was considerable damage and the good life stopped. Now it's more than 20 years later and I do not feel any better. I don't care that there are more people in my age group who are balding than there are in you're age group. That means nothing to me. What matters to me is that my life was damaged and my life continues to be damaged.

You need to understand that this world does not center around you. You get what you can get and that is all you get. If Pilofocus causes quality donor regeneration I'll schedule an immediate appointment for me in New York to get the treatment w/o giving any thought to whether or not you get the treatment.
There really is no point having a discussion with you. You have no empathy whatsoever, you're a liar, you ignore my points and to top it all of you dislike anyone who posts something you disagree with. Out of all of my dislikes 1 isn't from you.
Funny that you say that the world doesn't 'center' around me, look at your own posts it's all you talking about yourself. (Which I didn't do).
You're 48 years old and you are acting like the biggest kid on this forum.
Give it some thought.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
There really is no point having a discussion with you. You have no empathy whatsoever, you're a liar, you ignore my points and to top it all of you dislike anyone who posts something you disagree with. Out of all of my dislikes 1 isn't from you.
Funny that you say that the world doesn't 'center' around me, look at your own posts it's all you talking about yourself. (Which I didn't do).
Give it some thought.

Yea, you're right, there is no point in having a discussion with me if by discussion you mean trying to get me to say that you deserve your hair more than I do. Forget it.

And you're the one who whined that young people (people like yourself) deserve their hair more than older people, and then you say i have no empathy because I don't agree with you. FU dude. You're a selfish guy and I'm not buying into your selfish bs that you deserve a cure more than I do.

Why are you any better than me? Why shouldn't you have to go through hair loss in you 20s? I had to.

Last edited:

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're the one who whined that young people (people like yourself) deserve their hair more than older people, and then you say i have no empathy because I don't feel special sympathy for young bald people, such as yourself. FU dude. You're a selfish guy and I'm not buying into your selfish bs that you deserve a cure more than I do, which is exactly the sh!t you're trying to sell.
I never said I deserve a cure more than anyone. Don't put words in my mouth.
Are you even reading my posts? You seem to miss everything I say. I will try to explain my original statement as simple as possible so you can understand.

Being bald at a young age is worse than at a old age. Because it is more rare, looked down upon, and seen as a very ugly trait, where as at an old age it's very normal.

I am not saying older people don't deserve a cure and that their looks and feeling good about themselves don't matter.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I never said I deserve a cure more than anyone. Don't put words in my mouth.
Are you even reading my posts? You seem to miss everything I say. I will try to explain my original statement as simple as possible so you can understand.

Being bald at a young age is worse than at a old age. Because it is more rare, looked down upon, and seen as a very ugly trait, where as at an old age it's very normal.

I am not saying older people don't deserve a cure and that their looks and feeling good about themselves don't matter.

And I disagree with you. Do you think chicks are going to forgive my baldness because I'm older? Old or young, baldness = ugly and chicks don't like ugly.

It doesn't matter to me that there are more people in my age group that are bald than there are in you're age group. It doesn't mean a damn thing. We bald 40-somethings aren't all hanging out with each other and having a good time. I only hang out with a few people so I'm sure you're no more reclusive than I am. We bald 40-somethings aren't some big fun social club.

It's not that I don't read the stuff you say. It's that I disagree with you and IMO the stuff you're saying is irrelevant. The point is that we both have equally crummy lives. That's what matters to me.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
Give it some thought.
Mate, he starting balding by the time he was twenty.

He's on the extreme spectrum, and has every right to feel the way he does.

He never experienced 3/4 life crisis at mid fourties where he has a little bit of temple loss. He's been progressively balding since his early twenties like the rest of us.

IN fact, his lift is worst off....... We have a higher probability to finding a cure or having a successful transplant nowadays. Nameless had plugs, and unknown snake oils back in the day.

During his prime everyone had long hair, not like nowadays where short hair, and buzz cuts are in style. Having a balding head was a shining beacon for genetic trash. Segregation at it's finest

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I disagree with you. Do you think that the chicks are going to forgive the fact that my baldness makes me ugly because I'm older? They don't care what the reason is for me to be ugly. They just care that I'm ugly so they don't like me. It doesn't matter to me that there are more people in my age group that are balder than you're age group. It doesn't mean a damn thing. The point is that both of our lives suck. That's what matters to me.

It's not that I don't read the stuff you say. It's that I disagree with you and IMO the stuff you are saying is irrelevant. The point is that we both have equally crummy lives. That's what matters to me.

So what if less people in your age group are missing a bunch of hair? That is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I'm as reclusive as you are. I only hang out with a few people so I'm sure you're no more reclusive than I am.
It's not irrelevant, half of the men in your age bracket are bald/balding, it's completely normal.
Yes, it sucks for you that you're no longer looking like a model and girls throw themselves at you.
Meanwhile I just want to be f*****g normal.
You have to be Stevie Wonder in order to miss this difference.
1096310.gif

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
It's not irrelevant, half of the men in your age bracket are bald/balding, it's completely normal.
Yes, it sucks for you that you're no longer looking like a model and can girls throw themselves at you.
Meanwhile I just want to be f*****g normal.
You have to be Stevie Wonder in order to miss this difference.
1096310.gif

Just because Stevie Wonder doesn't mind being bald doesn't mean all men in my age group don't. Dermatologists offices are full of guys in my age group who want their hair back.

And I've met balding guys in their 20s who aren't complaining but YOU are.

When it comes to balding there are two different kinds of people in this world: those who don't like losing their hair and those that are OK with losing their hair. You and I are the kind of people who don't like losing our hair and the only real difference between you and I is that I've had to dislike it a lot longer than you have.

And you will look normal if you hang out with guys who are balding. That's what I do. I hang out with a couple of bald guys.

Last edited:

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just because bald Stevie Wonder doesn't mind being bald doesn't mean I don't. I've met balding guys in their 20s who aren't complaining but YOU are. You and I are both people who dislike it and the only difference between you and I is that I've been disliking it a lot longer than you have.

Your life is no worse than mine. The only real difference between you and I is that I've been dealing with my bald crummy life FOR A LOT LONGER. And you will look normal if you hang out with guys who are balding. That's what I do. I hang out with a couple of balding guys.
Here you go again. I'm not arguing who of us has the worst life as I'm not 5 years old.
This is the last post from me with this subject, as it is pointless discussing it with you.
It is worse GOING bald at a young age, than GOING bald at an old age.
Not my life is worse than @nameless 's life.
Can we atleast agree on this?

And f*****g lol at hunting out the other balding guys in my age group and hang out with them. (If I can even find someone. There is literally none in my class of 100+ students. There is an older guy though, he's like 35 and has a better hairline than me, maybe I should hang out with him.)
Great solution reminds me of the classic "just pretend you have hair".

Last edited:

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate, he starting balding by the time he was twenty.

He's on the extreme spectrum, and has every right to feel the way he does.

He never experienced 3/4 life crisis at mid fourties where he has a little bit of temple loss. He's been progressively balding since his early twenties like the rest of us.

IN fact, his lift is worst off....... We have a higher probability to finding a cure or having a successful transplant nowadays. Nameless had plugs, and unknown snake oils back in the day.

During his prime everyone had long hair, not like nowadays where short hair, and buzz cuts are in style. Having a balding head was a shining beacon for genetic trash. Segregation at it's finest

I feel like us balding brahs are beta. We cannot be alpha without hair. I feel like even if I land a average/cute girl, within a matter of time chad aka shook will come along and cuck me and piledrive my girl on our marital bed.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, it's much worse to have any disfigurement when you are young and in your prime.

Just want to point out this^ was in my initial post. There's no need to wage some war over this. Clearly it's worse to bald in your youth, when health and vitality should be taken for granted. I was just pushing back at the idea that us olds are supposed to be ok with having a "disfigurement" because, well, we're old. Nobody wants to be disfigured.

nameless does make a good point about the promising treatments for young people though. There's a Gen X generation of men who are going to be like the men who just aged out of the sexual revolution and will only be able to look at the youngsters with envy. At least from my lips to Tsuji's ears I hope that's the case.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a difference to being 40 and starting to go bald and being f*****g 22. I agree that for all ages it is a disfigurement but when you're way past your prime you can at least cope with it..

starting to go bald at 22 is priveleged

many of us started at 15-16

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, but I'm not convinced - I haven't been laid in years, been rejected by so many girls I've lost count (some of them even dealt me the ultimate bald-barb: 'I only like guys with hair') and yeah, just generally suck socially. I'm a shut-in like @Baldhurts . There's also a huge, slick bald spot on the back of my head about the size of a small coaster or saucer. That 'bit of hairline' is the only hair I've got left (brb Zidane genes lol).

P.s. And those rejections also factor in my status as a dude with a well-paid job in finance, gymcel bod and a good dress sense. Even with all these going for me, I still don't make the grade.

I see almost everyone here has a decent job.

blackg

Reaction score
And I think you're a young man who doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't feel any sorrier for you over your hair loss than I do for myself, and I care more about myself than I care about you.

I've been both young and getting-older. And in my view it's worse to be older with hair loss because older people with hair loss started losing their hair when they were young (or at least I did) and have seen our youth go by while losing our hair and now we have to worry that we will never see another day when we have our hair.

If there was a breakthrough treatment for hair loss but there was only enough for one person I would use it on myself without giving any consideration that some younger person also wants it. My life is just as important to me as his is to him.

Well put, nameless.

blackg

Reaction score
I feel like even if I land a average/cute girl, within a matter of time chad aka shook will come along and cuck me and piledrive my girl on our marital bed.
I wouldn't go that far.