Dating Advice For An Ugly Friend Of Mine

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thing that makes life unfair is the delusion that it should be fair.

Just be the second guy and you're good.

I would mind to be 1st guy he is a bit above average and seems hyper NT

girl in blue is ugly as f***...

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sunscreen is for sissies :)

I thought the same before I burnt my hands and legs to the blood with sun while was driving a moto in Asia.

After this – only sunscreen.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Sunscreen is for sissies :)

If you're a fan of premature aging and increased risk of skin cancer I guess you could ditch the suncreen. No... I wear an SPF of at least 30 (going to bump up to 50 once my current bottle runs out) every single day, and I have a feeling I'll be glad that I did when I'm older. It's so much easier to prevent wrinkles and age spots from when you're young and your skin is still in good condition, than it is to reverse the damage once it's done. Skincare FTW!

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're a fan of premature aging and increased risk of skin cancer I guess you could ditch the suncreen. No... I wear an SPF of at least 30 (going to bump up to 50 once my current bottle runs out) every single day, and I have a feeling I'll be glad that I did when I'm older. It's so much easier to prevent wrinkles and age spots from when you're young and your skin is still in good condition, than it is to reverse the damage once it's done. Skincare FTW!
I thought the comment would appear as an obvious joke.

I'm in the UK where we often suffer from vitamin D deficiency so I would be silly to use sunscreen unless it was a very hot day (of which we get around 15 of a year in England).

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm in the UK where we often suffer from vitamin D deficiency so I would be silly to use sunscreen unless it was a very hot day (of which we get around 15 of a year in England).

Yet us in the UK and Ireland have some of the worst rates for skin cancer and are famous for getting burnt. The problem with no sun all year round is that on that one sunny day you're not used to the sun, nor used to putting on sunscreen. So you will see on the fist sunny day a load of people going around with big red faces/arms/back. I used to get a yearly sun burn and only learn to put on sun screen after that first burn.

Now I'm very careful. I already have more wrinkles than I should for my age, although nothing to bad.

I take vitamin D supplements, although I believe it's still not fully understood how beneficial this is. I noticed no difference.

EvilLocks

Reaction score

I got that, but joke or not I just felt like putting it out there - I'm very passionate about skincare, you see :)

Anyway, wearing sunscreen daily doesn't have anything to do with vitamin D deficiency, as explained in this article: http://www.skincancer.org/healthy-lifestyle/vitamin-d/damage
"Studies have never found that everyday sunscreen use leads to vitamin D insufficiency. In fact, people who use sunscreen daily can maintain their vitamin D levels."

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually use a sunbed for 6 mins per week because I barely see the sun for days at a time. It doesn't make me tanned but it stops me from being as white as a sheet.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I like wrinkles as they add character. I've probably got the same amount as Michael Fassbender.

upload_2017-2-24_10-55-54.png

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even when it is not a sunny day, UVA keep damaging your skin. Even through windows! Wear SPF 30 (at least) every day! Put it 20 min after vit C serum and eyelift ;)
Also sunglasses and hat required every day during summer (for the real passionate of skin care @EvilLocks ) ;)

We are very far north. Surprisingly so to many. Look at Dublin in the map below.

Overlay-of-Euro-cities-onto-NA.jpg

I think daily sunscreen is overkill here during the winter months. UV index is so low.

But yeah I should use it more often, clouds give a false impression that it's ok.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone think David Beckham is prematurely aged at 40?

upload_2017-2-24_11-21-53.png

Still very handsome. I personally think that wrinkles do not detract from male beauty and its hair loss and teeth yellowing that are the biggest factors.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone think David Beckham is prematurely aged at 40?

View attachment 49320

Still very handsome. I personally think that wrinkles do not detract from male beauty and its hair loss and teeth yellowing that are the biggest factors.

Possibly one of those things that's ok on attractive people but makes average/below average people look worse.

If you're attractive it adds character, if you're ugly it shows that you can't look after yourself.

Or maybe not, just musing.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen it as a face with lots of character - I like the artistic portraits.

upload_2017-2-24_11-31-22.png

upload_2017-2-24_11-32-4.png

upload_2017-2-24_11-32-24.png

Note: I'm not saying wrinkles make you attractive but I do think they add character.