Dating Advice For An Ugly Friend Of Mine

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see some haze around bright lights since I had PRK.

Nothing too bothersome.

Yes this.

But is so minor...

All my childhood I've been going to the f*****g clinics with a stupid outdated treatments which took a lot of time with temporary results.

LASIK, in its turn, is a 5 minutes surgery :D:D:D

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Jon-Kortajarena-Hugo-Boss-Eyewear-05.jpg

jon-kortajarena-hugo-boss-photos-002.jpg

holy sh*t, glasses is everything
That guy could pull off a garbage bag -.-

EvilLocks

Reaction score
In fact it's ruining my life and it's become an obbesion where I can't go 5 minutes without looking at my hair which in turn makes me depressed.

I know that feel. In the beginning stages of my hair loss I wouldn't go 5 minutes without checking my hair in the mirror, even brought a portable mirror with me everywhere so I could check under different lights and spots in my house (lol). I took pictures of my hair under every possible lighting condition and angle, to see if my hair had become better or worse (always worse). After a while it came to the point where my hair loss had progressed enough to where I could no longer face myself in the mirror (it would leave me disgusted), so I just started avoiding mirrors altogether. Even started looking in a different direction than the mirror while brushing my teeth, and always using dim lights in my bathroom. I stopped taking pics of my hair and deleted all the old ones, as they would only remind me of how 'good' my hair looked in the beginning stages. Ah, hair loss can truly make you go crazy...

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like alcohol from the Czech republic actually.

Budvar, called Czechvar in the USA, is a fabulous beer, really excellent.

Slivovica, which is like vodka but made from prines, is kind of fun. I like it, it's not elite among liquors but it's good.

Czechvar-Original.jpg

slivovic_3.jpg

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I want to get drunk, I usually rely to vodka and cheap wines. So I don't feel bad whenever I end up vomiting.

I've never vomited from alcohol, because I have the curse of an infinite stomach. 10, 15 drinks, with a huge amount of food to go with it, after having eaten all day, and it would stay down just fine. That's why I used to be fine, I don't experience satiety except possibly at much higher levels than I'm willing to try (e.g. 7,500 calorie meals).

I do however get drunk from alcohol, I'm average at holding my liquor. I no longer get drunk as it can lead to embarassing behaviour.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
2. I feel guilty for spending my time on that matter : hair. Surely my soul is better than that... Is it though ...

Society wants us to believe that being sad about hair loss is vain, but I don't see how it's vain just wanting to look normal and live a fulfilling life. A life with good relations (friends, starting a family etc), success in your professional life and simply not being defined by your (lack of) hair. You shouldn't feel bad for feeling bad about this sh*t, or believe it when people (fullheads) say it's a second class issue. Wanting to have a normal shot at being happy is not vain.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Society wants us to believe that being sad about hair loss is vain, but I don't see how it's vain just wanting to look normal and live a fulfilling life. A life with good relations (friends, starting a family etc), success in your professional life and simply not being defined by your (lack of) hair. You shouldn't feel bad for feeling bad about this sh*t, or believe it when people (fullheads) say it's a second class issue. Wanting to have a normal shot at being happy is not vain.

People who say worrying about hair loss or looking ugly is vain are a bunch of idiots with little awareness of reality.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I know that feel. In the beginning stages of my hair loss I wouldn't go 5 minutes without checking my hair in the mirror, even brought a portable mirror with me everywhere so I could check under different lights and spots in my house (lol). I took pictures of my hair under every possible lighting condition and angle, to see if my hair had become better or worse (always worse). After a while it came to the point where my hair loss had progressed enough to where I could no longer face myself in the mirror (it would leave me disgusted), so I just started avoiding mirrors altogether. Even started looking in a different direction than the mirror while brushing my teeth, and always using dim lights in my bathroom. I stopped taking pics of my hair and deleted all the old ones, as they would only remind me of how 'good' my hair looked in the beginning stages. Ah, hair loss can truly make you go crazy...

It's seriously a problem for me. I take AT LEAST 100 pictures a day. My hair doesn't even look at that bad from the front I have a combover type thing going, but I'm constantly looking at the top of my head. In certain lights I can see scalp through a lot of it. Sad part is when I'm nw7 I'll probly miss this hair. Honestly it would be decent hair if I was 50 but not at my age

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's seriously a problem for me. I take AT LEAST 100 pictures a day. My hair doesn't even look at that bad from the front I have a combover type thing going, but I'm constantly looking at the top of my head. In certain lights I can see scalp through a lot of it. Sad part is when I'm nw7 I'll probly miss this hair. Honestly it would be decent hair if I was 50 but not at my age

why?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
So you still have hair at the front?

You can do a combover?!

And you're talking about a NW7?! Even I am not NW7 despite having had an incredibly aggressive hair loss at a very young age. You probably won't become NW7 any time soon.

In the bag with the other privileged.

Why is it always the people who are below NW4 that sound the most dramatic?

Perhaps because imagining what it will be like to be bald is more psychologically distressing than being bald itself?

Where is @CaptainForehead by the way?

He is only 18, at his age most people have a full head of hair (you should know). He is probably worried about the future - and rightfully so. I was at my most dramatic in the initial stages too, nowadays I've more or less given up and resigned to my destiny lol. I remember being completely obsessed back when I first discovered I was losing hair.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score

You can do a combover?!

And you're talking about a NW7?! Even I am not NW7 despite having had an incredibly aggressive hair loss at a very young age. You probably won't become NW7 any time soon.

Perhaps because imagining what it will be like to be bald is more psychologically distressing than being bald itself?

As I've explained, the fear of being bald is worse, way worse than being bald itself.

While I'm calling him privileged for his hair loss not having any consequences elsewhere than in his own head, I can totally understand his anxiety and borderline psychosis.

Fun fact: the whole time I was in psychiatry, I was not even bald.

The time I spent being actually slick bald was far happier than the time I spent caring about what it would be like to be bald.
I behaved like this in the early stages of baldness.

When I was between a nw2-3 I would take pictures most days. Now I'm a NW4 I've stopped doing it - I know I look balding and I don't need to see pictures of it.

Baldingat188

Reaction score

You can do a combover?!

As I've explained, the fear of being bald is worse, way worse than being bald itself.

While I'm calling him privileged for his hair loss not having any consequences elsewhere than in his own head, I can totally understand his anxiety and borderline psychosis.

Fun fact: the whole time I was in psychiatry, I was not even bald.

The time I spent being actually slick bald was far happier than the time I spent caring about what it would be like to be bald.

Well I have a strong family history of premature nw7. That and the fact that I have diffuse thinning before 20 years old

Yes I am being pessimistic and dramatic. It's hard not to be sometimes :/