Davesmith420 Story - 22 M

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was messing around with my hair and took this picture. Am I diffuse thinning or is it normal to see a little scalp like that with that hair parted to the side? IMG_3798.JPG

And how my hair "normally" looks IMG_3802.JPG

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
There seems to be thinning in the front (diffuse). The best way to tell is to look at it when it's wet.

Compare it with the thickness above your ear, or in the back of your head. If you were born with blond hair, it's
hard to tell. Because people born with blond hair have more follicles, but thinner ones, than other men.

Hey man, I have a picture in the first post with my hair wet and slicked back.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
attachment.php

Kind of hard to get the right angle, but left is baseline and right is today. I think it's safe to say my hair has stayed the same/has gotten thicker (?)

attachment.php
Left is from when I first noticed my hair loss in May and right is another from today

I've been on Finasteride for over 3 months now. Overall my hair feels a lot healthier (doesn't get as greasy anymore) and I would consider my daily shedding as just the "normal" 50-100 hairs a day.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 11.21.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 11.21.59 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 559
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 11.37.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 11.37.28 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 529

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, "Dave Smith",
I think you have very good hair and it's really difficult (for me) from these pictures to say if it is getting thin.

My dermatologist does like this to determine how you're doing: he examines some hair under the microscope and is able to tell (or at least he says so) how much hair is in the "anagen" phase, how much in the "telogen" and how much is in the middle. Based on the proportions of the phases, he can say if you're losing your hair or what.

I am not sure that my derm's method is 100% accurate; however, the count of how much hair you lose can be misleading because:
- you cannot tell how much hair falls when it doesn't fall on your pillow or shower... (of course)
- you cannot tell how much hair is replacing what you're losing.

I mean: if you lose 100+ single strands a day but 100+ new ones are born, you're not getting bald, your hair just has a "replacement" rate that is different from most people, possibly a bit faster.

HLTtdc4412

Reaction score
I had a very stressful point in my life,which a friend knew about and he is like 6,4 and I'm about 5,11 or 6..At bar 2 days ago he said "damn i see that bald spot, talking about my crown" Ive been for finasteride almost a week and have started wearing hats because I'm a insecure panzy.. Hats really don't do anything referring to hairloss and male pattern baldness right?

molybdenum

Reaction score
You look like a round hairy ball.

Cut it shorter all around, even shorter on the sides. Elongate your face.

Take care of your skin too. Your forehead wrinkles are very deep for your age.

tox

Reaction score
You look like a round hairy ball.

Cut it shorter all around, even shorter on the sides. Elongate your face.

Take care of your skin too. Your forehead wrinkles are very deep for your age.

How should you take care of your skin to avoid forehead wrinkles?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Little update: Going on 4 months now. Been taking 1.25 mg of finasteride daily and using keto (2% Nizoral, 1% Nizoral, and Regenepure Dr depending on the day). I wouldn't say that I have had any regrowth, however I must say that my hair feels very "attached" and healthy. Shedding I am experiencing seems like just the "normal" 50-100 hairs a day (I lose like 10 hairs in the shower max). As long I can keep up this maintenance I'll be happy.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey I've got questions
Do you apply another shampoo to your hair right after washing it with Regenepure DR? Knowing that DR sometimes weighs hair down easily, I usually apply Regenepure NT after that for more volumizing

You're still using the purple OGX Biotin/Collagen Thick Shampoo on your keto off day right? What do you think if I use that shampoo right after using the DR? Idk if its good since I wouldn't wanna dry out my scalp either..

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I usually do it in opposite orders. I usually use a basic clean shampoo ( http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Mitchell...&qid=1461421324&sr=1-6&keywords=paul+mitchell ) to wash my hair first, then rinse out most of it but leave a little in since I find that the DR is sometimes hard to massage into my scalp. I would personally put the keto shampoo on last so you can get the full effects of it during the day so to speak. And yes I am still using the purple OGX Biotin shampoo on keto off days.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I usually do it in opposite orders. I usually use a basic clean shampoo ( http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Mitchell...&qid=1461421324&sr=1-6&keywords=paul+mitchell ) to wash my hair first, then rinse out most of it but leave a little in since I find that the DR is sometimes hard to massage into my scalp. I would personally put the keto shampoo on last so you can get the full effects of it during the day so to speak. And yes I am still using the purple OGX Biotin shampoo on keto off days.

Oh true, yeah DR is sometimes hard to massage I agree. when I start doing in opposite orders today I notice DR still lathers well that I didn't notice, thanks man! So yeah you mean that putting the keto shampoo first would get least effect because the next shampoo applied would completely wash keto effect away is that it?

But what do you think if I apply the OGX Biotin Shampoo first before the DR? Would it be too much?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes if you put the keto shampoo on first then used another shampoo I feel that all of the benefits of the keto would just be completely washed out.

And using the Biotin shampoo then DR works too, I do that sometimes myself.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy had no hair loss?

I might not have really visible lost but I was shedding 150+ hairs a day pre finasteride. I was probably going to have very noticeable hair loss in a year or so.