Davesmith420 Story - 22 M

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Finasteride and Minoxidil

- - - Updated - - -

Yes if you put the keto shampoo on first then used another shampoo I feel that all of the benefits of the keto would just be completely washed out.

And using the Biotin shampoo then DR works too, I do that sometimes myself.

Hmm the way that directions said to use DR first and then NT last, I wonder if the company tries to make us run out of shampoos eventually by telling us to use the wrong orders so that we should buy another of their bottles so they can make money...

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 month update:

Shedding a little more than normal (like 15-20 hairs in the shower compared to 5-10 a few months ago) but still within normal limits I think. Don't know of this is a "seasonal shed" or whatever. My "weak" temple seems to be getting thicker. Starting to notice I'm not as horny anymore but otherwise all is good.

jh05002371

Reaction score
you have plenty of time to try out finasteride and see if it works well for you, I would not be too worried just yet!

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: Shedding pretty heavy (like 20-30 hairs in the shower compared to like 5-10 months before). Hair still looks good though. I've heard that it's normal to go through multiple sheds on Finasteride has anyone else heard of this?

I'm also considering starting minoxidil again once a day (at night) on my hairline and forelock. I have a whole bunch of foam I bought sitting around, so I'm thinking that I might as well use it. I'm just worried that if I start minoxidil early, that I might screw myself over for when **** really hits the fan. Thoughts?

marine608

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: Shedding pretty heavy (like 20-30 hairs in the shower compared to like 5-10 months before). Hair still looks good though. I've heard that it's normal to go through multiple sheds on Finasteride has anyone else heard of this?

I'm also considering starting minoxidil again once a day (at night) on my hairline and forelock. I have a whole bunch of foam I bought sitting around, so I'm thinking that I might as well use it. I'm just worried that if I start minoxidil early, that I might screw myself over for when **** really hits the fan. Thoughts?

I personally don't think you should do it man, your hair really isn't at that stage yet.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://imgur.com/a/BtTr0

Little update. Shedding is starting to slow down. Hair feels very healthy. I'm always paranoid that I'm diffusing; I don't know if some scalp is showing because my hair is wet and "stuck" together because I combed it foreword. Flash is on for all of these pics.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
7 month update. I think it's safe to say that my "bad" temple has had some regrowth.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Before

IMG_3233.JPG

After

Although my hair feels and looks above baseline I'm still shedding a bit. I'm losing like 20-30 hairs in the shower still which is a little concerning to me. I can't tell if my crown is starting to go or if that is just how my hair parts:

IMG_3443.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
8 month update: I have started to use minoxidil and dermarolling on my temple points in an attempt to thicken them up. I'm still shedding a bit and it's getting me worried.

Sometimes it looks like my crown is starting to go but sometimes it looks normal? Debating adding in minoxidil on my crown if that is the case

https://imgur.com/a/Q98HN

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
9 month update. My hair still feels/looks the same. Added dermarolling and minoxidil in.

This is just a cowlick + my part right? Making me paranoid.

Attachments

• IMG_2527.JPG
    IMG_2527.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 303

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** yes!

If you're just beginning to lose your hair, now is the best time. Minoxidil only works if there is some hair left, even if
there's diffuse hair.

Keep in mind, the hairline, in my own opinion, seems to have a much smaller time window (in my experience).

And don't skip dosages either. If you're in your twenties, you will definitely make more gains than a guy in his thirties. Especially
more than someone starting in their forties, who needs finasteride or something else to help.

Hey man thank you for your replies. I have been on finasteride for 9 months now, my hair honestly looks the same if not a little better since starting. I was looking to maintain so I'm happy with it. Got a little bit of hair greed and added in dermarolling and minoxidil for my temples.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, it has been a long time if you remember me.

I wanna ask how's your hair now? Are you still on Minoxidil? If so how is it? You apply it on dry or wet scalp? Because I plan on adding it to my regimen as well while still on Finasteride with good results. I went to see my dermatologist today and he remarks that my male pattern baldness is barely noticeable now, do you think its still worth to take Minoxidil if I want to grow more hair density?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, it has been a long time if you remember me.

I wanna ask how's your hair now? Are you still on Minoxidil? If so how is it? You apply it on dry or wet scalp? Because I plan on adding it to my regimen as well while still on Finasteride with good results. I went to see my dermatologist today and he remarks that my male pattern baldness is barely noticeable now, do you think its still worth to take Minoxidil if I want to grow more hair density?

Hey man, glad to hear that you are having success! If I remember correctly wasn't your hair loss very very minor to begin with? I wouldn't add minoxidil if I were you.

My hair looks the same as the last few pictures I posted. I added minoxidil and dermarolling in late August. I was using foam in the morning and liquid at night, however I'm debating just using like 1.5 - 2 ml of liquid at night and dropping the foam. I find that the foam kind of makes my hair not style well.

JollyJed

Reaction score
Hey man, whats the miniaturization like on your hairline? My hair is almost identical to yours although slightly deeper, im the same age also. Also have you noticed any sides on finasteride?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, whats the miniaturization like on your hairline? My hair is almost identical to yours although slightly deeper, im the same age also. Also have you noticed any sides on finasteride?

I see some "little" hairs sticking out at my hairline, however I have been told that it is normal to have some (like it might just be healthy hairs growing). I had no sides on Finasteride.

https://imgur.com/a/kutIc

This is a better picture that shows my regrowth; I posted it on another hair loss forum a few months back.