Davesmith420 Story - 22 M

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
so dave , you are still using liquid minoxidil on your temple ? not on crown?

Just on my temples, forelock, and a little on my crown (although to be honest my crown probably isn't even thinning)

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been on Finasteride for close to a year now, I think I have totally had some overall thickening;

https://imgur.com/a/BhS5b

I'm debating adding in RU for some extra protection. I was thinking about using 50 mg of RU per 2 mLs on my hair line, forelock, and crown (aka where I normally apply my minoxidil).

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, I also see some thickening. Is it possible, that you have less smaller (= miniaturized) hairs who don´t go back when you pull your hair?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, I also see some thickening. Is it possible, that you have less smaller (= miniaturized) hairs who don´t go back when you pull your hair?

I'm not 100% what you're asking, but I do have some smaller/miniaturized hairs at my hair line. I don't think that they're new, you can totally see them in the "before" picture I posted.

Where do you apply your RU? Do you feel like it has helped you? I'm debating using RU in liquid minoxidil and applying 50 mg of RU a night.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not 100% what you're asking, but I do have some smaller/miniaturized hairs at my hair line. I don't think that they're new, you can totally see them in the "before" picture I posted.

Where do you apply your RU? Do you feel like it has helped you? I'm debating using RU in liquid minoxidil and applying 50 mg of RU a night.
I didn´t mean these were new hairs, but rather that on the second picture there some to be less of these smaller/miniaturized hairs, which means that your hair indeed has become thicker.
I apply most of the RU that my frontal area including my hairline and my temple points. Some of it also on my crown. Basically the places where I am thinning most. I have got absolutly no idea, whether it is helping, since I have started most of my treatments close together. Since I have added the RU, I have less shedding and itching, but I assume it is mostly the Finasteride which starts working.
I say, if you can afford it, it is definetly worth a try.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn´t mean these were new hairs, but rather that on the second picture there some to be less of these smaller/miniaturized hairs, which means that your hair indeed has become thicker.
I apply most of the RU that my frontal area including my hairline and my temple points. Some of it also on my crown. Basically the places where I am thinning most. I have got absolutly no idea, whether it is helping, since I have started most of my treatments close together. Since I have added the RU, I have less shedding and itching, but I assume it is mostly the Finasteride which starts working.
I say, if you can afford it, it is definetly worth a try.

Oh I understand now, yeah I would say that some of the hairs that were starting to miniaturized are thicker and healthy because of Finasteride. I like to think if I didn't start Finasteride when I did that sh*t would have hit the fan really quick lol.

With RU I would probably just buy 5 grams and try it from there (see if I get sides or whatever). I know that the standard dose is 50 mg per 1 mL (5%) but I'm thinking that since I'm on Finasteride I could get away with less.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh I understand now, yeah I would say that some of the hairs that were starting to miniaturized are thicker and healthy because of Finasteride. I like to think if I didn't start Finasteride when I did that sh*t would have hit the fan really quick lol.

With RU I would probably just buy 5 grams and try it from there (see if I get sides or whatever). I know that the standard dose is 50 mg per 1 mL (5%) but I'm thinking that since I'm on Finasteride I could get away with less.
Ok, thought it was my fault, since I am not a native speaker and didn´t know whether I got it right ;)

Yeah, you could definetly use less. Imo, it is mostly wasted if you are using it at the crown, where you are not even thinning. Maybe you can make an extra solution for the RU and apply it only at the hairline.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, thought it was my fault, since I am not a native speaker and didn´t know whether I got it right ;)

Yeah, you could definetly use less. Imo, it is mostly wasted if you are using it at the crown, where you are not even thinning. Maybe you can make an extra solution for the RU and apply it only at the hairline.

Hahah it's all good man!

If I did my math right; I would probably use a 3% solution (so 1.5 grams of RU in 50 mL of minoxidil). That would make 30 mg of RU per 1 mL I think? I can buy 5 grams of RU for a little over $70 from this source I had, meaning I would have a little over 6 months worth of RU. 6 months should give me more than enough time to see if RU is even worth it for me. That isn't too pricey at all (guys spend more on Finasteride and dutasteride online) so I may jump on it very soon.

My only problem is that I live with my parents again (moved home for grad school). They would probably be freaked out seeing random white powder in our freezer, so I would probably make all my minoxidil + RU solutions in advance and just keep them in the fridge.

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
DaveSmith, you want to deppress some guys here with your pictures, they hate themselves already now they are in a suicidal mood.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro propecia alone might have been enough for you if you were a good responder . ( i was almost like you when i started but not enough for me unfortunately).
I saw you want to add duta , but be safe bro , don't f*** yourself with gyno or ED for hair greed . Your hair look great

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro propecia alone might have been enough for you if you were a good responder . ( i was almost like you when i started but not enough for me unfortunately).
I saw you want to add duta , but be safe bro , don't f*** yourself with gyno or ED for hair greed . Your hair look great

Hey man, I changed my mind on dutasteride, but I think I might add RU.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes man today i regret my choice of having tried 5 mg fina .
i am 24 days off propecia and this is hard , i want to start it asap . But i let the puffy nipples disapear first .
don't ruin your current hair with hair greed .

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes man today i regret my choice of having tried 5 mg fina .
i am 24 days off propecia and this is hard , i want to start it asap . But i let the puffy nipples disapear first .
don't ruin your current hair with hair greed .

I hope your nipples turn back to normal man. I'm def more of a "girly" guy (patchy facial hair, gain weight in my legs, etc) so dutasteride probably isn't a good choice for me

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
check your dht level if you really want to start it . mine were too low on propecia .
i am afraid that even 1 mg caused me puffy nipples . normal oestrogen but really low dht .
and the worst thing is that despite that low dht it wasnt enough for my hair

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_1279.JPG
IMG_1229.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_1226.JPG
IMG_1222.JPG

I'm getting paranoid that I'm starting to diffuse thin a little? Hair is wet and slicked back under my bathroom light. Top hair still feels thicker than my sides so idk

All those little hairs in the top photo are freaking me out (temple is red from dermarolling). I'm not sure if it's miniturization or the start of minoxidil regrowth.

Last edited:

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
View attachment 45736 View attachment 45730 View attachment 45728 View attachment 45729 View attachment 45726

I'm getting paranoid that I'm starting to diffuse thin a little? Hair is wet and slicked back under my bathroom light. Top hair still feels thicker than my sides so idk

All those little hairs in the top photo are freaking me out (temple is red from dermarolling). I'm not sure if it's miniturization or the start of minoxidil regrowth.

Does dermarolling have any benefits for you (hair growth) and how much do you do it, by the way you look like Jon Snow

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does dermarolling have any benefits for you (hair growth) and how much do you do it, by the way you look like Jon Snow

I'm not too sure as I started minoxidil and dermarolling at the same time. I just do it once a week; I dermaroll my temples until they start to bleed a little bit.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread but I guess I'll post this here too;

"Hey guys,

I've been on Finasteride and Nizoral shampoo for a year and Minoxidil and dermarolling for 4 months. So far I have totally maintained my hair with a little bit of overall thickening. My hair loss was very minor from the start and I caught it at a great time. However I still have a little bit of thinning going on at the front of my scalp. I wanted to add either RU in nightly or dutasteride a couple times of week (like 2-3 times) to attempt to thicken it up.

dutasteride:

Pros - Cheaper than RU, actually has a lot of prove behind it working
Cons - I'm kind of a "girly" guy (patchy facial hair, gain weight in my hips, aka low DHT) so I'm worried about getting sides. Although I haven't gotten any sides on finasteride.

RU:

Pros - Using it nightly may have more of an impact that dutasteride a couple times a week. Attacking the problem of hair loss from another angle. """""""No sides"""""""
Cons - Have to make my own batches (moved back home with my parents for grad school so they'll probably be freaked out seeing me mixing up chemicals), pricey, might not even really work, no true studies on the possible side effects.

Thoughts? Attached are pictures of my hair wet, slicked back, under harsh light."