Do bald guys need to have more balls than guys with hair?

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Hammer87 said:
Being 'puny' is a choice, you could work out.

Not really if you're 5'6" naturally slim and only about 130lbs you'd struggle to put on even 25lbs of decent muscle. Unless of course you want to use roids and dedicate your entire lifestyle to bodybuilding.

Because you're short doesn't mean you can't put on muscle - You high protein diet like most people do to bulk up. I'm 6ft, vegetarin and have a high metabolism so need protein shakes to put any muscle on. Having long arms and legs also means the muscles more stretched so harder to increase in size. I'm about as hard a person to bulk up as you'll get and I still manage it. And Protein shakes are nothing like steroids.

As for dedicating your lifestyle. Anyone who wants to bulk up has to, to some extent - Attending gym, eating the right foods etc.

barcafan

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Hammer87 said:

Not really if you're 5'6" naturally slim and only about 130lbs you'd struggle to put on even 25lbs of decent muscle. Unless of course you want to use roids and dedicate your entire lifestyle to bodybuilding.

Now you're just talking out of your ***, bro. You can always put on weight regardless of your height/bodytype. Sure it might be harder for some but its extremely doable without any drugs if you're educated.

You're really really negative you know that? Why? you're only hurting yourself

Petchsky

Reaction score
I went through a phase of body building, and it took a while but i figured it out. 70% nutrition/ 30% exercise...for me anyway as i'm an ectomorph and could not put weight on, so for me, making sure i ate a certain amount of calories, and then exercise, resulted in 3/4 pounds every week.

If you load the body with calories everyday you cannot fail to put weight on, it's hard to eat alot at first but as time passes your appetite increases and it becomes easier to eat more, then you increase your calories again, add more weight. Pure science. Pretty expensive too :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
barcafan said:
s.a.f said:
Hammer87 said:

Now you're just talking out of your ***, bro. You can always put on weight regardless of your height/bodytype. Sure it might be harder for some but its extremely doable without any drugs if you're educated.

You're really really negative you know that? Why? you're only hurting yourself

I know what I'm talking about, I've been working out since I was 18 (I'm 34). When I started I was 130lbs @ 5'9".
Now after about 3 years working out 3 x per week I'm got to 155lbs and have stayed that weight ever since. I eat a high protein diet. I'm just naturally very slim my waist is 28" my wrists are 7" my chest is 40" and my biceps just over 14.5".
I suppose I could get slightly bigger but only at the expense of less definition. I stay at this weight as I feel its my optimum size for sports ect but for me to get to 190+lbs and still be in shape is not possible.

Meanwhile I've seen guys who are naturally bigger (thick arms and legs) pack on 30lbs of muscle in under a year. Genetics play a huge role.

I've seen Balddaves pics and he is not a 'stocky/built' guy for him to get big would require some serious dedication and take a few years. Its simply not a very pheasable situation for him.
I'm not being negative just realistic.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Just to be bald and ride the bus or go grocery shopping or better yet going for a night out, takes guts. Suddenly when everyone is starring at you (and the kinds of winces and grimaces) and you naturally begin to get self-conscious and realize that it is not an easy thing to go out in the world looking this way.

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Just to be bald and ride the bus or go grocery shopping or better yet going for a night out, takes guts. Suddenly when everyone is starring at you (and the kinds of winces and grimaces) and you naturally begin to get self-conscious and realize that it is not an easy thing to go out in the world looking this way.

Hmm, dont know about that :whistle: . But certainly meeting new people or people who last saw you with hair or being the only baldy in the room can be pretty uncomfortable.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Saf, do you ever have nightmares that you went back to pre hair transplant hair? Your transplants grant you an amount of social acceptability, and you must feel comfort in that fact.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

Maybe for you, but not for most people.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Hmm, dont know about that :whistle: . But certainly meeting new people or people who last saw you with hair or being the only baldy in the room can be pretty uncomfortable.

Meeting new people is pretty uncomfortable. But seeing people who last saw you with hair is pretty brutal. And even worse, friends who you keep in contact with (via phone or what not) but haven't seen u since u had hair. Or if you have been hiding it.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Meeting people you last saw with a full head of hair is tough. Best way I find is to straight away make a joke 'I've got a bit less hair than the last time I saw you!' - Often they'll reply with 'Yeh me too!' (Unless your friend is David Schwimmer). If you say nothing and act like nothing's changed, you'll just be dreading the second they mention it. - Or get paranoid about the way they're looking at you and your head.

If they're too polite to say anything they'll assume you don't have much self awareness or even worse that you don't realise you're bald which they will think is strange in their head.

Much better to be lighthearted about it, show it doesn't bother you and move on.

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Saf, do you ever have nightmares that you went back to pre hair transplant hair?
No but since I started having hair transplant's I've often dreamt of myself with a perfect full head of hair.

uncomfortable man said:
Your transplants grant you an amount of social acceptability, and you must feel comfort in that fact.

Yes definatley its been a new lease of life to a certain extent, but the fact that I'm also dependant on concealers means theres always a slight worry.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Meeting new people is pretty uncomfortable. But seeing people who last saw you with hair is pretty brutal. And even worse, friends who you keep in contact with (via phone or what not) but haven't seen u since u had hair. Or if you have been hiding it.

Hey, what about meeting people who remember you as bald then seeing you with hair. :freaked: It's happened to me. :crazy:

Petchsky

Reaction score
What did you say to avert the question?

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:

Has anyone ever heard of a drug called Cyproheptadine? It's an antihistamine but apparently is sometimes prescribed for cases of anorexia.

I hear it increases appetite big time - might be something to research for the "hard gainers".

s.a.f

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
What did you say to avert the question?
It was a guy I had'nt seen for about 2yrs. I could'nt remember what my hair was like then. I think it was just after my crappy UK hair transplant's.
Anyway we were in the most crowded bar in town with about 30 of my work colleagues.
I avoided him in there but when we left to go somewhere else I bumped into him outside and he just looked at me and said "s.a.f you've got hair!!" :woot:
Luckily there was only one other person with us at the time, I just said "Hi, how've you been?" and to his credit I think he realised the situation (dont mention the hair) and he never said anything else about it.
He probably thinks I'm wearing a bad rug or something. :blush: :crazy:
It could have been a different situation though if the guy was an a**h**.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
uncomfortable man said:

Because most people are not as bald as me.

nerdwood

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Hammer87 said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":26fmgpqm]Just to be bald and ride the bus or go grocery shopping or better yet going for a night out, takes guts. Suddenly when everyone is starring at you (and the kinds of winces and grimaces) and you naturally begin to get self-conscious and realize that it is not an easy thing to go out in the world looking this way.

Because most people are not as bald as me.[/quote:26fmgpqm]

Here we go again...

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Hammer87 said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":d5d59d8y]Just to be bald and ride the bus or go grocery shopping or better yet going for a night out, takes guts. Suddenly when everyone is starring at you (and the kinds of winces and grimaces) and you naturally begin to get self-conscious and realize that it is not an easy thing to go out in the world looking this way.

Because most people are not as bald as me.[/quote:d5d59d8y]

I know many people far more bald from you (Or they appear to be). Two guys I know deal with a young crowd everyday, as they are both bar managers - Doesn't faze them in the slightest.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
I know many people far more bald from you (Or they appear to be). Two guys I know deal with a young crowd everyday, as they are both bar managers - Doesn't faze them in the slightest.

I don't think you get it. Not everyone looks the same. I'm sorry but they don't.

I am more bald than UMan and probably as much as or more than anyone here.

Ok I know that they are many people who have killed themselves too due to baldness. Should people look to them? For every "good" bald story there is a bad one.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
Meeting people you last saw with a full head of hair is tough. Best way I find is to straight away make a joke 'I've got a bit less hair than the last time I saw you!' - Often they'll reply with 'Yeh me too!' (Unless your friend is David Schwimmer). If you say nothing and act like nothing's changed, you'll just be dreading the second they mention it. - Or get paranoid about the way they're looking at you and your head.

If they're too polite to say anything they'll assume you don't have much self awareness or even worse that you don't realise you're bald which they will think is strange in their head.

Much better to be lighthearted about it, show it doesn't bother you and move on.

How would you know? You are not bald? See this is what I refer to constantly. You are acting like you can relate. Having less hair is one thing. Having none when they saw you with all of it looks like you have a disease.