end of baldness.they figured it out all.

K

karankaran

This is where you and everyone else needs to be REALLY FVCKING PISSED OFF:

If the findings of the Chinese researchers mean a theoretical working duplication of the DP cells that retain their properties really means we can clone follicles at will, they will be created TODAY and be functioning TODAY as desired.

So why the fvck should any of us wait TEN YEARS? What the hell do they have to do for the next ten years when their method is already working?

LOL...chill out , hellouser... I was just extrapolating from what i have observed ... it is not like i am WISHING that we have to wait 10 years , my balding has accelerated recently , and i am on my way to be as bald as my father was in his late 20s... i would wish that this thing turns out as it is promised.... and i am glad you guys are making efforts towards this goal...

Having said that, i feel that incremental improvements will be the order of the future ... like improvements made by solving various pieces of male pattern baldness puzzle which provide some benefit.... yes i know hair multiplication is a parallel approach and do not necessarily rely completely on understanding every piece of male pattern baldness puzzle but it has challenges of its own , which are as tall as those of other approaches like wounding and regeneration...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Oh, is it time for this thread again?

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you think about contacting the Chinese scientists? We could ask them how close they think they are to transplanting the hairs, where they'll do the trials and all those questions we have.
Why haven't you tried it yourself? Do you want aproval or do you want us to hold your hand?

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think tracking down and communicating with Chinese scientists will be easy? The Chinese have an internet filter so I don't know if they can correspond with foreigners without permission and approval. They work at a medical hospital which is also a university so if they're anything like western universities they'll have contact information on the site, but in Chinese, I want their email address, and for that I'll need a chinese speaker who can navigate their site. I don't think my computer could even display Chinese characters.

This will be very difficult, but there's no other way we can get answers to our questions. Is there?

Well all modern browsers support UTF-8 encoding, which includes Chinese glyphs. Then google translates the page if you want.

Anyways, I did not try to sound like an a**h** but if they're in a university setting, then we need to find a clever way to get in undetected. Most likely tell a few fibs now and then and act as an authority site like cell.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I like your healthy scepticism but this time it's different. This is the real deal, and I wouldn't say that if it wasn't the case.
Even if that were the case, how long before this is on the market and affordable? IDK, history has repeated itself too many times to think otherwise. I hate to be so skeptical because my only wish in life is to get my hair back. It's because I want it so bad that I can't let myself fall for it again. Had my heart broken way too many times and you should know I'm a fragile man. although I would admit, if this was available for my 45th birthday then that would be one hell of a midlife crisis gift to myself!

K

karankaran

Unfortunately, if we know the ramifications of clinical trials: 8 to 10 years before it's available for the public, if they choose to do anything at all with this discovery (it is truly a cure for baldness).

If it does come to fruition with in that time-frame, I would be 34 years old, and I find this too late, but you know, I'm 24 so my judgement might lack perspective.

But I don't lose hope, I'll most likely get a FUE in a few years (if not this year) to prevent myself from looking like a 50 years old man at 25.

Like someone said in another thread, we have only one youth, and I will try to live it as well as I can thanks to the tools at my disposition.

I think if we get to have a cure even in our 30s , that would still be cool. But my biggest worry is - what if they take 10 years to perfect this cure and another 10 years before the cure is commerically available, then it will be toooooooooo late.

Vitor Diniz

Reaction score
I think if we get to have a cure even in our 30s , that would still be cool. But my biggest worry is - what if they take 10 years to perfect this cure and another 10 years before the cure is commerically available, then it will be toooooooooo late.

that is why we need to move and do everything possible to advance this process fast.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Twenty years may seem like a life time or so for most of us and it is, but I'll take it anyhow. If this means the next generation(s) won't have to experience what the last countless generations have endured and agonized over again I will feel somewhat vindicated. Besides I guarantee, when the cure is ironed out and becomes publicly accessible, there will be no short supply or influx of middle agers in line whom like us will be scheduling this long awaited finale. If we have another twenty years for this reality to reach full fruition there ought to be no reasons not to have our finances completely in order by then. Look just because our spirit's have been battered by many varying causes including hair loss our dreams do not die with our youth. Get financially prepared today and you will be thankful you did later on.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Anyways, I did not try to sound like an a**h** but if they're in a university setting, then we need to find a clever way to get in undetected. Most likely tell a few fibs now and then and act as an authority site like cell.

..you're certifiably insane...seek help dude...either pony up $20K for FUE, or accept whatever happens...

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Be careful Python that some Hollywood/Bollywood screenwriter aspirant doesn't steal off with your plot. I think you may have something cinematically special there.:)
..you're certifiably insane...seek help dude...either pony up $20K for FUE, or accept whatever happens...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

We don't need 'another' ten years to perfect it. We already know how to implant hairs perfectly in recipient areas. All we need to do is grow follicles outside of the scalp and they'll be ready to use. Cocohot's findings even suggest they've already been able to do that. Actually, I believe Tsuji Labs has already done it as well, as they cloned follicles with existing DP cells but successfully duplicated epithelial cells which grew a follicle AND grew hair. So.... it's already been done.

Now that the Chinese can duplicate DP cells as well, theoretically, we are FINISHED. Now we just need to put the findings into practice.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I don't really care who puts it all together. The Chinese will not rest on their laurels. They are superior taskmasters. Couple this characteristic with their supreme intellect, not to mention their unyielding determination. I am confident we will see them bearing the torch of great accomplishment at the finish line.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really care who puts it all together. The Chinese will not rest on their laurels. They are superior taskmasters. Couple this characteristic with their supreme intellect, not to mention their unyielding determination. I am confident we will see them bearing the torch of great accomplishment at the finish line.

What are the health regulations there like? Would cloned follicles be permitted for use for hair transplants? So much god damn red tape everywhere, THIS is the problem. We need to find a nation that will just allow it.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score

It only sounds crazy until it works. Besides, you're one of those people that thinks the mind can go into the past and change things; which it might but you're coo-coo for cocoa puffs to others.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Even though this portion of an article is outdated(2010) I believe it is an overall decent snapshot of the scientific research regulatory climate and progressive thinking of the scientific community in present day China. I hope you find it helpful.
Guidelines governing Chinese research are liberal but common to other countries as well. Chinese regulations prohibit reproductive cloning, the use of human embryos past 14 days post-fertilization, the fusion of human and non-human gametes (cells that fuse during fertilization), or the implantation of research embryos into human or animal uterus. Researchers are required to obtain informed consent from subjects and institutes must have an ethics review board to approve research involving human embryonic stem cells. Chinese fertility clinics serve as a source of discarded embryonic stem cells for some research, and cord blood banks may serve as a source of stem cells for clinical applications. Therapeutic cloning is allowed, as is the use of surplus embryos or discarded fetal cells from abortions as well as embryos created with artificial help.
"What sets China apart from most of the rest of the world is that these regulations do not prohibit the fusion of human genetic material with nonhuman oocytes (cells from which an egg or ovum develops)," the MRC authors say.
As well, the rules for embryonic stem cell research in China are criticized internationally as having limited authority over researchers because they are not legally binding. Adherence is enforced only for those who receive government funding, which applies to most researchers, but financially independent researchers or hospitals must simply answer to their own institution's ethical review board.
MRC authors say that while there is no indication embryonic stem cell research rules are being broken, greater regulatory oversight would help ease international concerns.
Interviewees agreed that regulation enforcement is a key concern. According to one, a lack of inspection capacity cast doubt on regulatory implementation.
Huge Chinese investment in RM

Chinese data show the country now generates 400,000 graduates in science and medicine each year and recruits many high caliber scientists from abroad.
China’s gross domestic expenditure on R&D in science and technology has grown from USD5.9 billion in 1996 to USD44 billion today. Stem cell research, tissue engineering and gene therapy are key areas receiving priority funding, largely centralized in the universities, hospitals and research institutes of China's main urban centers, especially Beijing and Shanghai.
Approximately 78% of China's R&D funding in RM is reserved for product development, with an additional 16.8% for applied research. And China has developed large primate colonies for preclinical testing, and begun clinical trials for a number of therapies. According to the MRC, China's push for clinical applications, which has allowed it to produce new scientific knowledge quickly, has come at the expense of basic research aimed at, for example, overcoming technical challenges such as controlling how stem cells behave and differentiate.
Only 5.2% of China's budget for research and development is allocated to basic research, compared with 13 to 19% in Japan, Korea and the USA. Even the funds allocated for basic research favor 'strategic basic research' designed to encourage application.
China's recruitment policy a model for other developing countries

"China has catapulted itself into the field of regenerative medicine in a relatively short time," says Dr. Thorsteinsdóttir. "The government's policy of attracting highly educated Chinese nationals back to China has contributed significantly to the country's success in the field."
"I was amazed that almost all the top Chinese researchers the regenerative medicine field had been educated in the US and the UK and gained extensive working experience there in cutting edge research," she adds. "This is a policy other countries lacking relevant human resources should consider."
"New regulations may in time help restore international confidence in Chinese stem cell innovations, but it will take time to evaluate their impact," says Dr. Daar. "The creation of new RM therapies needs a clear regulatory path. There should also be a closer connection between applied research and those providing therapy."
"China is an important player in regenerative medicine," says Ms. McMahon, "Despite the media's focus on stem cell tourism, the international community needs to recognize that Chinese researchers are making important contributions to the science of this field, and China should be included in international discourses on standards and regulations."
"Regenerative medicine research in China is a source of national pride," she adds. "The Chinese rightly feel their research discoveries can achieve solutions to many global health problems. If China continues to build on its strengths and overcomes its challenges, successful, internationally acclaimed regenerative medicine treatments and therapies are more than likely."
The McLaughlin-Rotman Centre for Global Health, is based at the University Health Network and the University of Toronto. Working at the nexus of science, entrepreneurship, and the developing world, the Centre conducts translational research on malaria, on ethics and on commercialization in global health to help researchers and companies get life sciences technologies (such as diagnostics, drugs, and vaccines) to those who need them in developing countries.

B8010418.28;sz=1x1;pc=[TPAS_ID];ord=2110233684

Last edited:

Sparky4444

Reaction score
It only sounds crazy until it works. Besides, you're one of those people that thinks the mind can go into the past and change things; which it might but you're coo-coo for cocoa puffs to others.

OK Mr. 25 posts rookie...you're nuts...and you're partially criminal talking or planning about subversive actions to infiltrate a facility...

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is a nice thread on the other forum about funding Dr Xu. I have been talking about things like that for years.
I am not sure why the "truth" forum doesn't let me access the website (I am registered but with 0 posts) but I would like to weigh on this Helhouser.

I think the best approach is to create a foundation like this we have more bargaining power and more legitimacy. But I know organizing here is crazy, so a kickstarter account is easy but has the legitimacy issues unless Dr Xu himself opens it and manages it (or his people/lab) which is unlikely due to constraints.

There are a lot of people willing to donate BIG money and many peolpe willing to contribute time (see other forum). I have experience with startups and finance. I could help with that/advise. Seriously, it is not that difficult. Once you set up the legal entity you receive donations. Once we have accumulated our first million we can engage with labs and ask them to submit THEIR proposals, we study it and decide...

make change happen...

- - - Updated - - -

again if people are opposed to foundation then let's do it as a one time help to Dr Xu. But note that his bacground is in oncology, and I am not sure he is ahead of COlumbia folks nor Japan...

I think the BEST approach would be to have a fund and say this fund would go to finance research for the first one who grows a "cloned" hair generating follicle on a human bald scalp (they can have someone from their office volunteer I don't think that needs an FDA if one of them volunteers, scientists have done this all the time)....
Bottom line is you want the money to be conditional...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a nice thread on the other forum about funding Dr Xu. I have been talking about things like that for years.
I am not sure why the "truth" forum doesn't let me access the website (I am registered but with 0 posts) but I would like to weigh on this Helhouser.

I think the best approach is to create a foundation like this we have more bargaining power and more legitimacy. But I know organizing here is crazy, so a kickstarter account is easy but has the legitimacy issues unless Dr Xu himself opens it and manages it (or his people/lab) which is unlikely due to constraints.

There are a lot of people willing to donate BIG money and many peolpe willing to contribute time (see other forum). I have experience with startups and finance. I could help with that/advise. Seriously, it is not that difficult. Once you set up the legal entity you receive donations. Once we have accumulated our first million we can engage with labs and ask them to submit THEIR proposals, we study it and decide...

make change happen...

- - - Updated - - -

again if people are opposed to foundation then let's do it as a one time help to Dr Xu. But note that his bacground is in oncology, and I am not sure he is ahead of COlumbia folks nor Japan...

I think the BEST approach would be to have a fund and say this fund would go to finance research for the first one who grows a "cloned" hair generating follicle on a human bald scalp (they can have someone from their office volunteer I don't think that needs an FDA if one of them volunteers, scientists have done this all the time)....
Bottom line is you want the money to be conditional...

I'm creating a list of assigned roles to for team members of such a project to commence. I still think we're ahead of ourselves in regards to the crowdfunding campaign. Why? Because we're not sure who's been able to create follicles from stem cells alone and IF they've been able to do it. I'd much rather like to get a solid idea if these guys have really cracked it or not before starting a crowdfunding campaign and raising money only to shoot in the dark when we dont know FOR SURE if theyve done it or not. Theoretically, they should have no problems. But I'd like confirmation.

However, that's not to say we can't get a head start and begin planning things like who's going to be in charge of web development, creative (design), public relations, answering emails, social media, finances, etc. One person cannot run the whole show, there are simply too many tasks so we need a team of about 10 people AT LEAST.

I've mentioned this before but we'd need to start off with a name, logo, brand, visual look and feel, etc. Axel and I already have an AWESOME name and logo to work with but our efforts never came to fruition, maybe now with some more certainty we could move forward and give a more serious attempt to getting our lives back on track with a full head of hair... I'm sure all of you are tired of being disrespected by society because of this disease.

thinin

Reaction score
I'm creating a list of assigned roles to for team members of such a project to commence. I still think we're ahead of ourselves in regards to the crowdfunding campaign. Why? Because we're not sure who's been able to create follicles from stem cells alone and IF they've been able to do it. I'd much rather like to get a solid idea if these guys have really cracked it or not before starting a crowdfunding campaign and raising money only to shoot in the dark when we dont know FOR SURE if theyve done it or not. Theoretically, they should have no problems. But I'd like confirmation.

However, that's not to say we can't get a head start and begin planning things like who's going to be in charge of web development, creative (design), public relations, answering emails, social media, finances, etc. One person cannot run the whole show, there are simply too many tasks so we need a team of about 10 people AT LEAST.

I've mentioned this before but we'd need to start off with a name, logo, brand, visual look and feel, etc. Axel and I already have an AWESOME name and logo to work with but our efforts never came to fruition, maybe now with some more certainty we could move forward and give a more serious attempt to getting our lives back on track with a full head of hair... I'm sure all of you are tired of being disrespected by society because of this disease.

Amazing how all this could be sorted out and reach the masses quicker if that Spencer Kobren guy got even slightly interested in helping.

He runs a successful radio show
Has the right contacts
Can hire people to do the work
Can use his name/brand awareness

Maybe its worth pitching this idea to him? **** even he could contact the Dr and get him on the show. The building blocks are their.
Why cant this spencer guy realise this? Or is he happy just sitting on his arse now that he's old? Or will it effect his hairtrasplant business?