Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was born of bald parents and have been ridiculed to baldness ever since I was 14. My father literally duped my mother (he had a wig for marriage). Sometimes when my mother falls sick she kinda tells me 'the truth'. She told me she wanted to marry a guy with good hair and wanted a daughter so that offspring doesnt have baldness(a common theme, guy gets mom hair and girl gets father hair). She thought my father had the best hair among the marriage candidates and was devastated when she found out its a wig.

Though she is glad I am male otherwise being a female I would have been devastated. Ironic kinda how I went to square one.

My parents seem to have a rare genetic occurance where T/DHT ratio is 2:1. I did a little bloodwork and found this a recurring ratio for me. Its nuclear for hair if you have regular male level T.
So what you’re saying is that your test levels are double your DHT levels? I totally get what you’re saying about how genetics screws You over. My dad is 57 and has hair, but it’s receded all I the way back to ear level and everywhere else his hair is wispy thin like an old old man. His eyebrows and eyelashes are the same. Lo and behold, that’s what my hairloss seems to be. I recently had a look at my part to see if there was much hair regrowth... literally all the hairs along my part are short and miniaturised refrowth, and if I pull on them very lightly they will just melt out. Probably why my hairloss is so fast... my miniturisation is like 80% of my hair. I hope alvodsrt works:( Have you found any treatments that help at all?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was born of bald parents and have been ridiculed to baldness ever since I was 14. My father literally duped my mother (he had a wig for marriage). Sometimes when my mother falls sick she kinda tells me 'the truth'. She told me she wanted to marry a guy with good hair and wanted a daughter so that offspring doesnt have baldness(a common theme, guy gets mom hair and girl gets father hair). She thought my father had the best hair among the marriage candidates and was devastated when she found out its a wig.

Though she is glad I am male otherwise being a female I would have been devastated. Ironic kinda how I went to square one.

My parents seem to have a rare genetic occurance where T/DHT ratio is 2:1. I did a little bloodwork and found this a recurring ratio for me. Its nuclear for hair if you have regular male level T.
This post is one of the saddest things I have ever read :(

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
:( Have you found any treatments that help at all?

Reducing T definitely helps for me. I am now experimenting with 1mg dutasteride. I actually stopped dutasteride for some time (like 3 months). I thought since I am taking heavy T blockers and huge amount of E, maybe I have no T to produce, well I was wrong. Going to see after 3 months if 1mg dutasteride works.

This post is one of the saddest things I have ever read :(
ikr, but looking at it in a good light, not having hair is what gave me my freedom. I could always blame my hairloss for anything 'not normal' thus I could do pretty much anything I wanted since I didn't need to comply with what 'normies' were doing.
Infact after growing what little I did from my regime, seeing my parents' reaction it pretty much confirms one thing, as long as I don't have hair I am FREE.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reducing T definitely helps for me. I am now experimenting with 1mg dutasteride. I actually stopped dutasteride for some time (like 3 months). I thought since I am taking heavy T blockers and huge amount of E, maybe I have no T to produce, well I was wrong. Going to see after 3 months if 1mg dutasteride works.

ikr, but looking at it in a good light, not having hair is what gave me my freedom. I could always blame my hairloss for anything 'not normal' thus I could do pretty much anything I wanted since I didn't need to comply with what 'normies' were doing.
Infact after growing what little I did from my regime, seeing my parents' reaction it pretty much confirms one thing, as long as I don't have hair I am FREE.
It’s kind of true. I shaved my hair off in 2016 and I did feel much freer.

@sisenegonan what is your current regimen?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dad is 57 and has hair, but it’s receded all I the way back to ear level and everywhere else his hair is wispy thin like an old old man. His eyebrows and eyelashes are the same.
I guess your right eyebrow/lashes can be associated with AA, at least in your family
Well when women go through menopause, a common complaint is thinning of lashes and brows as well as hair, because of the decline is estrogen. That said, it can also be linked to androgen deficiency, low sex hormones in general, which is why old men also get thinner facial and body hair over time too. All your sex hormones decline, your body hair overall thins. For me, I had menopausal level estrogen, but relatively higher testosterone and DHEAS levels, even though apparently those are low too. So the ratio of estrogen to androgens/testosterone left me vulnerable to genetic hairloss and dht sensitivity, and whereas other women with Androgenetic Alopecia will only have female pattern loss (for example women with PCOS) because they have high testosterone and regular to high levels of estrogen, I got the full lot - hairloss recession (estrogen protects the hairline), body and facial hair thinning, and now most prominently, the female pattern of loss is becoming apparent, but I have diffuse loss as well. It’s a wonderfully sh*t combination of issues. My theory is that avodart should somehow he really beneficial given that spironolactone wasn’t, but who bloody knows
my body hair is lessening, head hair regrowing, eyelashes are longer, upper parts of beard is thinning, all of beard grows slower, all of my chest hair fell out and got replaced with thinner hair. then I switched to oral minoxidil and body hair thickened temporarily

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess your right eyebrow/lashes can be associated with AA, at least in your family

my body hair is lessening, head hair regrowing, eyelashes are longer, upper parts of beard is thinning, all of beard grows slower, all of my chest hair fell out and got replaced with thinner hair. then I switched to oral minoxidil and body hair thickened temporarily
So maybe: estrogen = better lashes and brows but conversely, lower androgens/high
Estrogen = less beard and body hair.
I got the body hair growth on oral minoxidil too. It’s nice to know it works and all but it would be better if it worked on my f**cking head *eyeroll*

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
To me regrowing hair is freedom. without regrowth nothing about baldness is positive!

14 years old is extremely sad man, f*** anyone who made fun of you. that stuff
about your father pretending to have hair when your mother actually wanted someone with great hair is pretty depressing too.

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@sisenegonan what is your current regimen?

The same as you can see when you highlight 'My Regime' under my avatar. Just put 1mg dutasteride instead of 0.5mg mentioned.

To me regrowing hair is freedom. without regrowth nothing about baldness is positive!
14 years old is extremely sad man, f*** anyone who made fun of you. that stuff
about your father pretending to have hair when your mother actually wanted someone with great hair is pretty depressing too.

To each his own I guess. I'm rather sad our society doesn't meddle with hormones as a rule of trade. I've seen females suffering from PCOS who deliberately don't get treatment because of this. Had hormone manipulation been a trade rule I would definitely have been diagnosed with excess DHT and treated. Having that sh*t is not cool. 800 ng/dL of T with 400 ng/dL or 4000 ng/mL of DHT is NOT cool. Pretty sure this was the case during my pubery.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s nice to know it works and all but it would be better if it worked on my f**cking head *eyeroll*
amen
So maybe: estrogen = better lashes and brows but conversely, lower androgens/high
Estrogen = less beard and body hair.
I got the body hair growth on oral minoxidil too. It’s nice to know it works and all but it would be better if it worked on my f**cking head *eyeroll*
sounds about right. men with high test and E can get gyno and still have a hairy chest.

beard hair seems to depend on how long its been there.
Dhtpolice wrote he started experimenting with antiandrogen regimens like a year after puberty and lost like 70% of facial hair.
While Rupture wrote that he still has a full beard but he is over 50 years old.

and I started at 26 and seem to be in the middle ground of these 2 cases. with thinning at my side burns and a random patch on one side of my mustache but the bottom still looks thick to me. but who knows how much more beard i'll lose as time goes on. I dont think it will ever go away completely or maybe it will in 20 or 30 years lol.

in my case chest hair reacted the fastest to estrogen/antiandrogens and I think beard hair reacts the slowest.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
amen

sounds about right. men with high test and E can get gyno and still have a hairy chest.

beard hair seems to depend on how long its been there.
Dhtpolice wrote he started experimenting with antiandrogen regimens like a year after puberty and lost like 70% of facial hair.
While Rupture wrote that he still has a full beard but he is over 50 years old.

and I started at 26 and seem to be in the middle ground of these 2 cases. with thinning at my side burns and a random patch on one side of my mustache but the bottom still looks thick to me. but who knows how much more beard i'll lose as time goes on. I dont think it will ever go away completely or maybe it will in 20 or 30 years lol.

in my case chest hair reacted the fastest to estrogen/antiandrogens and I think beard hair reacts the slowest.
How do you feel about that? I suppose the thing is, beard hair is fine if it’s not there, scalp hair is much different. I know that estrogen directly affects brows and lashes because my mother has had the same brow and lash thinning after menopause, as well as massive scalp hair thinning, BUT she doesn’t have any sort of hurtsuitism and doesn’t have the “pattern” of female hairloss. Just thin as f*** hair every where. Same as me, but I got my dads awesome genetics too, therefore Androgenetic Alopecia. Actually, I found in the early days of my hairloss, I didn’t even have any tiny little normal facial hairs anymore either, and it was so smooth and hairless was where I used to recede. Estrogen man. It’s powerful sh*t, and when it drops it just rapes your hair.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
The same as you can see when you highlight 'My Regime' under my avatar. Just put 1mg dutasteride instead of 0.5mg mentioned.

Holy sh*t just had a look. 300mg of spironolactone alone would kill me! 200mg left me so skinny, tired, sunken and I had breathing problems. Is 300mg affected your health at all?! 6mg of E Is also.. wow. In fact, your entire regimen is really extreme! What are your results like?

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** dude, you're on 6mg of E?

yeah, why not? Infact I regret not doing it earlier.

Holy sh*t just had a look. 300mg of spironolactone alone would kill me! 200mg left me so skinny, tired, sunken and I had breathing problems. Is 300mg affected your health at all?! 6mg of E Is also.. wow. In fact, your entire regimen is really extreme! What are your results like?

Results not good enough. I've not had hair for too long. That said, if others' reactions are anything to go by its probably a sh*t load of hair, but I myself am not pleased with the results. After seeing HRT timelines on reddit I was tempted to go full course (6mg). Since I didn't grow boobs (only puffy nipples) I said hell why not. Now finally my body hair (on arms) is shedding massively, before there wasn't much shed at all.

In terms of 'energy' I've always been a lazy person so can't tell much. Only thing I can tell you, my life before my job involved me playing 16 hours of video games at a stretch. And I call still do that, so probably enough energy.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, why not? Infact I regret not doing it earlier.

Results not good enough. I've not had hair for too long. That said, if others' reactions are anything to go by its probably a sh*t load of hair, but I myself am not pleased with the results. After seeing HRT timelines on reddit I was tempted to go full course (6mg). Since I didn't grow boobs (only puffy nipples) I said hell why not. Now finally my body hair (on arms) is shedding massively, before there wasn't much shed at all.

In terms of 'energy' I've always been a lazy person so can't tell much. Only thing I can tell you, my life before my job involved me playing 16 hours of video games at a stretch. And I call still do that, so probably enough energy.
From what you've written before, with your body having a history of needing higher than normal doses of medicine to work, experiencing hairloss at 14 and having a genetic hyper androgen disorder. You probably do require much higher HRT doses than we do.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@sisenegonan how are you taking your 6mg of E? sublingual? buccal?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you feel about that?
for awhile I went through a beard stage, and I really did like my beard although part of it was a cope for my hairloss. I grew all of my beard out and I always wore this straw hat..
GOPR1126.JPG

the problem however was that as soon as I grew that beard people thought i looked older than I was and I really didnt like that. granted I was travelling in Asia at the time and Asians tend to look young and have less facial hair.
So then I went through a goatee phase so that I could have facial hair and look somewhat young at the same time lol.

now im just so happy about my scalp that it matters less and less anymore.
I care a million times more about the hair on top of my head.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If nothing works, I'll have to cultivate a beard. I look much younger than my age, which is terrible if you are losing your hair.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
If nothing works, I'll have to cultivate a beard. I look much younger than my age, which is terrible if you are losing your hair.
losing hair is always terrible. Ive always looked younger than my age until the hairloss became too aggressive and I grew facial hair

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@sisenegonan how are you taking your 6mg of E? sublingual? buccal?

Currently oral. I could likely have castrate level T and female levels of E if I did buccal (as several people suggested me) so might look forward to that maybe. I've always thought I'll go injections. Seems to be cheaper per month, but issue is administration.