Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHEA and other adrenal androgens have a 15-30x lower binding affinity than DHT does for the Androgen Receptor.
Testosterone has a 2-3x lower affinity than DHT so its just as bad considering its 10-15x more abundant as an androgen.
DHEA is both an androgen and an estrogen, and supposedly a better agonist of ERb(good for hair) than ERalpha(responsible for gyno). still it might be problematic cause it can metabolize into DHT locally.

Wikipedia:
Though it was found to be a partial agonist of the ERα with a maximal efficacy of 30–70%, the concentrations required for this degree of activation make it unlikely that the activity of DHEA at this receptor is physiologically meaningful. Remarkably however, DHEA acts as a full agonist of the ERβ with a maximal response similar to or actually slightly greater than that of estradiol, and its levels in circulation and local tissues in the human body are high enough to activate the receptor to the same degree as that seen with circulating estradiol levels at somewhat higher than their maximal, non-ovulatory concentrations; indeed, when combined with estradiol with both at levels equivalent to those of their physiological concentrations, overall activation of the ERβ was doubled. As such, it has been proposed that DHEA may be an important and potentially major endogenous estrogen in the body.[10][19]

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHEA is both an androgen and an estrogen, and supposedly a better agonist of ERb(good for hair) than ERalpha(responsible for gyno). still it might be problematic cause it can metabolize into DHT locally.

Wikipedia:
Though it was found to be a partial agonist of the ERα with a maximal efficacy of 30–70%, the concentrations required for this degree of activation make it unlikely that the activity of DHEA at this receptor is physiologically meaningful. Remarkably however, DHEA acts as a full agonist of the ERβ with a maximal response similar to or actually slightly greater than that of estradiol, and its levels in circulation and local tissues in the human body are high enough to activate the receptor to the same degree as that seen with circulating estradiol levels at somewhat higher than their maximal, non-ovulatory concentrations; indeed, when combined with estradiol with both at levels equivalent to those of their physiological concentrations, overall activation of the ERβ was doubled. As such, it has been proposed that DHEA may be an important and potentially major endogenous estrogen in the body.[10][19]
correct, great find, I doubt DHEA can cause hair loss, its just T and DHT

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wikipedia:

I noticed that @likemike had a DHEA supplement listed as a part of his regimen, so perhaps that's the reason?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL I should see if i still have a photo of me when i was having a mental breakdown in 2017, i shaved off all of my hair, eyebrows etc for like 3 months.

F5144D85-3042-4248-90C8-4BC1B3484A59.jpeg

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lolol okay @bridgeburn, here it is lmfao, the time when i was having mental breakdown in 2017. I legit looked like a cancer patient going through chemo and radiation. My friend sent it to me cause i didn't have it in my phone.

View attachment 124946
bwahhahaahaa, it's more shocking than I expected! o_O

its pretty sad actually :( f*** hairloss, I'm glad you're here

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
me and OP tried the "natural path " before, i used to drink gooseberry juice and smear nettle root and curry every morning but nothing happened plus i would smell like sh*t for few days

I was CONVINCED I had telogen effluvium for months and months... I had this weird mindset of ‘I’m not like others guys, it will grow back :cool:‘ and it never did lmao

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bwahhahaahaa, it's more shocking than I expected! o_O

its pretty sad actually :( f*** hairloss, I'm glad you're here

Tbh i am lucky to be here, i was drinking entire bottles of codeine caugh syrup / nyquill dxm and taking all kinds of excessive amounts of anything that would get me high, to escape my growing insanity, but i am much better today, i am lucky to have survived my suicidal drug abuse phase, f*** hair loss to infiniti and beyond.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh i am lucky to be here, i was drinking entire bottles of codeine caugh syrup / nyquill dxm and taking all kinds of excessive amounts of anything that would get me high, to escape my growing insanity, but i am much better today, i am lucky to have survived my suicidal drug abuse phase, f*** hair loss to infiniti and beyond.
:`( god that is depressing.
The world needs to open its eyes to the seriousness of hair loss

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
:`( god that is depressing.
The world needs to open its eyes to the seriousness of hair loss
yeah, i resent all the doctors who act like it is no big deal and brush hair loss off as if it is not important, i couldn't even get a dutasteride prescription after asking 4 doctors and spending $200 on each visit just to ask them lol, and one even told me finasteride and dutasteride are the same and there wouldn't be a difference in results, hmmm lousy doctors here in the U.S.

Hair loss, to me, is equal to that of having cancer, in sense of doom at least, and for those who feel like i did it wouldn't matter if it were hair loss or cancer, sure cancer is fatal and hair loss is not, but it might as well be if the person killed their self over it.

researchers need to put real effort into stopping hair loss and stop beating around the bush, if follicle cloning becomes a thing that would be great. and if HRT is a forever treatment for me that works, then that will be just as great lol. okay rant over.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
" concentrations of PRL, total T, A, DHEA, or DHEA-S. No difference was observed, however, in the induction of these endocrine changes between the Diane and Androcur groups"

So ditto for CPA.
but this is comparing diane and androcur which both have cypro

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if HRT is a forever treatment for me that works, then that will be just as great lol. okay rant over.

I've wasted so much of my life to hairloss. And every social situation, no matter how much I laughed and smiled, I'd secretly hated because I'd feel that at any moment my hat could get pulled off.

Luckily finesteride helped regain a decent amount of hair and initially some confidence. But when that stopped working everything seemed doomed. Then I stumbled upon this thread a little over a year ago and read the entire thing over night and it was life changing.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've wasted so much of my life to hairloss. And every social situation, no matter how much I laughed and smiled, I'd secretly hated because I'd feel that at any moment my hat could get pulled off.

Exactly, years were lost to stress and worry, relationships were never built, joy was non-existent, and anxiety was present always.

i found this thread like 4 months ago i think and my life flipped from upside-down to right-side up and i read the whole 200 pages in like, 6 hours lol. I'm happy we are all here.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's funny how emo and dark this looks, lol. I used to take so many stupid weird pictures of myself years ago and I was so serious >.<
but now I look back and think I was a big grumpy dork

View attachment 124956 View attachment 124957 View attachment 124958 (fake blood, don't ask >.< Lol)

I had a lot of different kinds of pictures, I'm a photographer so i would take all kinds of creative photos from dark gloomy photos, to fantasy type photos (using photoshop)

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn, some examples, (sorry if im spamming lol) quality is reduced so they will upload.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190726-023402_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190726-023402_Instagram.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_20190726-023319_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190726-023319_Instagram.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 225
  • Screenshot_20190726-023334_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190726-023334_Instagram.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot_20190726-023254_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190726-023254_Instagram.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 236
  • Screenshot_20190726-023236_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190726-023236_Instagram.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot_20190726-023537_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190726-023537_Instagram.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_20190726-023443_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190726-023443_Instagram.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Screenshot_20190726-023505_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190726-023505_Instagram.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot_20190726-023516_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190726-023516_Instagram.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 228
  • Screenshot_20190726-023425_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190726-023425_Instagram.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 250

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2017, hello muscles, acne, bye bye hairline
Snapchat-1763381853.jpg
I looked alot older, and sex was all in my mind, partying drugs and steroid ruined me, my health was deteriorating, and I used muscles to hide my inner weakness and denial

2019 bye bye muscles, hello hair and clear skinDSC_4158.JPG
I look younger and healthier, and finally happy, no more dysphoria and no more hiding