Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a useful question for all the lurkers. Can we talk about weight gain on the stronger AAs? I was always thin, but when I dropped flut, my face, butt, belly, upper arms, thighs and chest melted off in like a few weeks. Now granted I had a t level of like 1700ng/dl and DHT 990 when I came off Flutamide so my abs burst through my stomach too with zero effort at the gym. Was a traumatising experience dropping it over night but weaning off would have made no difference since the partial receptor blockage was pretty useless. This rapid weight loss was the only bit I appreciated. I am currently only on Finasteride as a detox and not thrilled about the never ending shed, but I am still recovering from the Flutamide withdrawal, considering Avodart, and CPA.
Also - I would be real grateful if someone could DM re: Avodart experiences. I am scared it’ll exacerbate my situation but on paper it seems so brilliant?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a useful question for all the lurkers. Can we talk about weight gain on the stronger AAs? I was always thin, but when I dropped flut, my face, butt, belly, upper arms, thighs and chest melted off in like a few weeks. Now granted I had a t level of like 1700ng/dl and DHT 990 when I came off Flutamide so my abs burst through my stomach too with zero effort at the gym. Was a traumatising experience dropping it over night but weaning off would have made no difference since the partial receptor blockage was pretty useless. This rapid weight loss was the only bit I appreciated. I am currently only on Finasteride as a detox and not thrilled about the never ending shed, but I am still recovering from the Flutamide withdrawal, considering Avodart, and CPA.
Also - I would be real grateful if someone could DM re: Avodart experiences. I am scared it’ll exacerbate my situation but on paper it seems so brilliant?

I have 'weight gain' to some extent, although it mainly appears like feminisation. I have a larger butt, along with larger thighs.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While she doesn't look hideous being bald...She'd look better with hair.
Even a low buzzcut would work wonders for framing her face.

Slick Bald never helps anyone look better. At best, you'll look the same, or worse.
Thanks man. What I like here in this thread is that people here aren't coping - they're taking the plunge in their hand, espousing the sides and enjoying their life the way they want to without cribbing about how hair loss make them suicidal while even afraid to take Finasteride.

itsyaboi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why can't you use it?? the sooner the better

Because I wanna time it so that I start taking both the estradiol and bicalutamide at the same time for stock consistency reasons and because they both have a synergetic effect. I’m not sure if duta and estradiol alone would do much haha.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're taking anything over 50mg spironolactone, you will have great hair in just upcoming 6 months. Bicalutamide, duta and spironolactone and you have all the major bases covered.
why are you so sure of spironolactone?

Reactions: KSA

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why are you so sure of spironolactone?
You can see my reply to Reis some 4-5 pages ago wherein I've written with proofs how it acts on aspects other than DHT and T. Moreover, I've not seen anyone (male, tried 200mg+, for at least 9 months) on this site who has not gotten results.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I wanna time it so that I start taking both the estradiol and bicalutamide at the same time for stock consistency reasons and because they both have a synergetic effect. I’m not sure if duta and estradiol alone would do much haha.
Estradiol will still lower T on it's own and duta will obviously protect against DHT. Even without bica this is a more powerful combo than most guys would ever consider attempting to fight hairloss.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride is better than finasteride specially at a higher dose. Telling from my personal experience. I managed my hair on dutasteride for more than 7 years.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're taking anything over 50mg spironolactone, you will have great hair in just upcoming 6 months. Bicalutamide, duta and spironolactone and you have all the major bases covered.
I have have seen many cases where spironolactone didn't work.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anytime you block T your metabolism will get affected and thus it'll be easier to gain weight. Granted it's very much on an individual basis. In my experience I put on weight a little easier, though I'm still skinny. Not to mention if you get things like gyno you will put on weight even if your face, etc still appears the same weight. Depending on the AA you take, your ability to retain musculature will be the biggest difference in frame size.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't know. 20 euros per box, but I see you live in US, that's not wise to send it there, it could be sized and I don't sure you want to pay for nothing.

It's fine it won't be seized, I'll take all the avodart you have. I've bought a lot of drugs from over seas and it's currently where i get my meds from.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anytime you block T your metabolism will get affected and thus it'll be easier to gain weight. Granted it's very much on an individual basis. In my experience I put on weight a little easier, though I'm still skinny. Not to mention if you get things like gyno you will put on weight even if your face, etc still appears the same weight. Depending on the AA you take, your ability to retain musculature will be the biggest difference in frame size.
Yeas. That’s why I’m considering cpa - it lowers both t and e.

jenny-death

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought I'd post an update because my last post seemed a tad grim. It's now pretty obvious how much the HRT is working, although no regrowth noticed yet. Weirdly, it was almost like an overnight shift from not feeling anything to almost immediately noticing the effects.

My skin is hardly oil at all anymore, I used to wake up almost drenched in oil across my face and scalp. Even my nose is much less oily, which I never thought would happen. I can go at least two days without needing to wash my hair, maybe three or four.

My libido, however, is also completely gone, I can still do stuff though. It's just rather difficult to get into the swing of things. I'm still on 12.5mg of Cypro, but I've upped the E to 4mg. I'll post pictures if I notice any regrowth, I'll also try and get a blood test to see where my levels are at.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have have seen many cases where spironolactone didn't work.
Note - the patient should be male, should have tried it at 200mg or more, and must have given at least 9 months. If yes, then you might want to post some links to corroborate what you are claiming.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes but because of my slower metabolism, I don't feel like I'm starving all the time or eat as much as I did
Ooh well I still eat a sh*t ton haha. I just used to be underweight the last couple years.. Friends/family comment saying I look healthier now and ask what I'm doing differently and I'm just like "hmm, I dunno. Can't quite place my finger on it."