Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has be close to identical otherwise how would SAAs bind to ARs?
SAA's act as very weak molecular androgens that bind to the androgen receptor and activate it with a lot less androgenicity therefore effect on AR signaling than something such as endogenous testosterone or DHT would be doing.

So basically SAA's are androgens but just weak ones, therefore they act as antiandrogens BUT can also possess androgenic properties especially in an androgen depleted environment. This has been demonstrated in prostate cancer.
One would f*** himself up really hard if he tries to block all AR signaling ... More so while not taking estrogen. Our bodies aren't supposed to be without AR signaling, right?
AR signaling is only present in breast tissue, prostate, skin, hair follicles, and testicles (but testicles only require 5-10% of average male levels of ar signaling for spermatogenesis). So having low AR signaling is considered a good genetic trait if anything. The only downside to low AR signaling is gyno.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically SAA's are androgens but just weak ones, therefore they act as antiandrogens BUT can also possess androgenic properties especially in an androgen depleted environment. This has been demonstrated in prostate cancer

Yeah, owing to structural similarities that is obviously possible. That's why I said in my previous msg that one should try to decrease their T and DHT to 0 or negligible. It's ARs sensitivity to them that is causing hair loss not T and DHT by themselves; if that was the case the guys who showed negligible DHT on fina/duta should not losing hair.
It's one of the reasons why SAAs such as Spironolactone and Cypro have worked so well for lots of people. But some people diminish DHT to such a level that ARs now become sensitive to even SAAs, and as such they complain about SAAs not working for them.

AR signaling is only present in breast tissue, prostate, skin, hair follicles, and testicles (but testicles only require 5-10% of average male levels of ar signaling for spermatogenesis). So having low AR signaling is considered a good genetic trait if anything. The only downside to low AR signaling is gyno.

I agree. But wouldn't abysmally low amt of them make one weaker?

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who knows about other androgens besides testosterone and DHT?

Attachments

• DC542DD3-0BB3-4F0D-86B6-75064ED7DF4E.jpeg
    DC542DD3-0BB3-4F0D-86B6-75064ED7DF4E.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 137

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, do you still think that I am not balding?

Attachments

• 87CE7FEC-F860-4858-B8D8-CBF4B2452BAC.jpeg
    87CE7FEC-F860-4858-B8D8-CBF4B2452BAC.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 278
  • 931E2755-D3EB-44D6-A91B-ACA1683A2575.jpeg
    931E2755-D3EB-44D6-A91B-ACA1683A2575.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 283

NW3.141592

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! Long time lurk here.
Thanks to all of you. This thread should be nominated for PhD degree!

I decided to start my HRT journey without any doubts and I saw some signs of regrowth finally.

So one question made me join this thread after reading few last pages is about taking bica along with other AAs like cpa.
I've noticed that each of you take either e.g. 100mg spironolactone+ 25mg cpa or 50mg bica. None of you mixed them in one regimen.
I've read what DHTcel told about SAA's and NSAA's.

But is there any strong 'No' becides that for not taking bica along with the spironolactone and cypro? Why not taking them all if overall effect may become stronger?

Last edited:

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed one thing. when I stopped taking estradiol for about five days, I immediately began to lose 100 hair per day. as soon as he resumed taking estradiol, the hair stopped falling out.

Reactions: Yar

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
and muscle, bone and brain
those parts of the body rely on ar activation, not ar signaling

thats why I haven't lost any muscle mass on bica, and the drug actually increases bone mineral density
Hi, everyone! Long time lurk here.
Thanks to all of you. This thread should be nominated for PhD degree!

I decided to start my HRT journey without any doubts and I saw some signs of regrowth finally.

So one question made me join this thread after reading few last pages is about taking bica along with other AAs like cpa.
I've noticed that each of you take either e.g. 100mg spironolactone+ 25mg cpa or 50mg bica. None of you mixed them in one regimen.
I've read what DHTcel told about SAA's and NSAA's.

But is there any strong 'No' becides that for not taking bica along with the spironolactone and cypro? Will overall effect become stronger?
you can take saa's with nasa's, I'm just saying there will always be a degree of AR signaling with SAA's.

Last edited:

NW3.141592

My Regimen
Reaction score
not true, those parts of the body rely on ar activation.

thats why I haven't lost any muscle mass on bica, and the drug actually increases bone mineral density

you can take saa's with nasa's, I'm just saying there will always be a degree of AR signaling with SAA's.

Thanks for reply. Now I understand your message about SAA's completely.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. Now I understand your message about SAA's completely.
um with your regimen your T levels are likely in female range. 50mg of bica is well overkill for that since the oncologist ive talked to and all the studies support the idea that bica blocks 10ng/dl of T per 1mg. You could drop your dose to 10mg bica per day and you would get the same hair benefits.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, do you still think that I am not balding?

Not really.

I'm sorry because maybe you're being honest and you really think it's obvious, but it's not. Maybe you're balding but your pictures are fine.
If I had you hair I would be so happy, I would leave this forum.

NW3.141592

My Regimen
Reaction score
um with your regimen your T levels are likely in female range. 50mg of bica is well overkill for that since the oncologist ive talked to and all the studies support the idea that bica blocks 10ng/dl of T per 1mg. You could drop your dose to 10mg bica per day and you would get the same hair benefits.
I'll defenitely try that. Thanks again.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll defenitely try that. Thanks again.
yeah I can link the studies that showed that women lowered their flutamide (same thing as bicalutamide) to the equivalent of 4mg of bicalutamide per day and they still had the same hair benefits as the higher doses of bicalutamide.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
why do you need such large doses, transexuals make the transition for several years at a dose of spironolactone 50 morning 50 evening + 1 ml of estradiol + progesterone 100ml. The hair is restored in a year. And you probably a few months. The dose is not important here, but how long you take with minimally effective doses. I will give you a transgender video.