Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought you wasn’t going to use min. So you could see what bica could do alone. It wasn’t you liking your results?

I got impatient and i had a date with this girl who likes me, so the stupid in me came out and decided minoxidil would make my temples thicker.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
Yeah price can be an issue. However regardless of price, for example for daro as the latest one, it does not cross blood-brain barrier so it seems to have much fewer CNS side effects, also it does not increase test unlike other NSAAs, it has much higher affinity with much fewer risk of some sort of resistance due to its effect on mutant ARs particularily cancer wise though.
Well daro does not increase test unlike bica, so do you know why it is not considered as an option for monotherapy unlike bica??!!
I think further studies found it to be crossing BBB.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't do it if you love your long hairs that took years to grow, i was only applying it on temples and it cause my whole head to shed my beautiful hair that i spent 1 year growing.
Damn man, I'm sorry. Did you recently resume dutasteride as well? Maybe given yourself double shedding with that and minoxidil. Not sure if it's better to just power through the shedding and keep using minoxidil and wait for the regrowth or quit cold turkey to protect what you have. I will be curious to know your levels when you get your blood checked next week.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Бриджберн, должность: 1830073, участник: 130663"] он сам активирует рецепторы эстрогена. прочитайте что я выложил ранее [/ QUOTE]
The minoxidil dread shed is the stuff of nightmares. A years worth of long hair growth, just gone lmao

View attachment 127392
did minoxidil do it?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn man, I'm sorry. Did you recently resume dutasteride as well? Maybe given yourself double shedding with that and minoxidil. Not sure if it's better to just power through the shedding and keep using minoxidil and wait for the regrowth or quit cold turkey to protect what you have. I will be curious to know your levels when you get your blood checked next week.

Yeah i started dutasteride 2.5 weeks ago i think, but i wasn't shedding like this till i started the minoxidil. I think i will just drop minoxidil and stay away and be patient, minoxidil always fucked with my heart and my vision anyways, and last time i used it the shed lasted 12 months.

I should have just never touched it, cause i soent 1 whole year growing that hair.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Бриджберн, должность: 1830073, участник: 130663"] он сам активирует рецепторы эстрогена. прочитайте что я выложил ранее [/ QUOTE]

did minoxidil do it?
Yes

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
screen-shot-2019-08-30-at-9-32-37-pm-png.png

this is my goal hair density
keep in mind, natural density can depend on race. Asians have thicker individual hairs but less number of hairs, it's more spread out.. maybe thats why hairline tends to be lower? Though I'm not sure what category Persian would fall into

race-differences-in-hair-types.jpg

NW3.141592

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you noticed increased shedding since switching from CPA to bica? Obviously the science behind bica is beyond favorable, but anecdotally we have seen results on varying hrt methods here. I think Bridgeburn's initial regimen of CPA and estradiol is largely responsible for his regrowth.

Yeah, this question haunts me too. What is better to start with: spironolactone+cpa or bica alone? Or it doesn't matter and I can continue with bica calmly.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, this question haunts me too. What is better to start with: spironolactone+cpa or bica alone? Or it doesn't matter and I can continue with bica calmly.
Well the science seems to favor bica. But there's no shortage of regrowth stories on this forum from the other methods. Dhtcell (lindsay freeman) has impressive growth off bica and dutasteride, though I'm not sure his loss was ever severe.

KamKar

My Regimen
Reaction score
not sure If I can buy these from anywhere but China (which I'd rather not do)
I am not sure about Apa and Daro, but i think Enza is available on couple of websites esp indians.
But you have a notable history being on HRT. Considering this, isn't it possible to convince a doctor to prescribe you these agents as safer alternatives for your prior regimen?!

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure about Apa and Daro, but i think Enza is available on couple of websites esp indians.
But you have a notable history being on HRT. Considering this, isn't it possible to convince a doctor to prescribe you these agents as safer alternatives for your prior regimen?!
The medical field moves pretty slow when it comes to adapting new treatments especially for off label applications. You might be able to get an endo to prescribe them for gender issues if you can show them beneficial studies vs what they would typically prescribe. But good luck getting a new AA from a Doctor for hair loss.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Persians grow hair everywhere, me being on this regimen, I grow facial hair and scalp hair easily, really have hair nowhere else on body/arms/legs now.
View attachment 127405
Do you have a comparison of body hair before? 3 months seems crazy fast to have all your body hair vanish unless it was minimal to begin with. It's taken me about a year of HRT to get to that point.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you noticed increased shedding since switching from CPA to bica? Obviously the science behind bica is beyond favorable, but anecdotally we have seen results on varying hrt methods here. I think Bridgeburn's initial regimen of CPA and estradiol is largely responsible for his regrowth.
the only few advantages I can see from starting with Cypro is that my T was tanked for a long time before switching to Bica. It probably would have more difficulty or take some time to elevate my T levels (if I were using it alone)

and also, in case of upregulation or something.. cypro is still really powerful yet gives room to up to something more powerful; Bica, if results were to stall.