Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
I find this thread very interesting, amount of knowledge here!
I wonder if it is a silly idea to combine finasteride with very low doses of spirolactone or another AA in order to prevent the rise in free testosterone caused by finasteride?

Peace

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if it is a silly idea to combine finasteride with very low doses of spirolactone or another AA in order to prevent the rise in free testosterone caused by finasteride?

That's what I am doing and it seems to be working. Currently on 1mg finasteride and 50-150mg spironolactone a day. + minoxidil

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Cyproterone Acetate inhibits the production of T by 98%, rather than only blocking the AR receptors, and DHT by 60-75% (same as finasteride), by adding finasteride or dutasteride you block whatever DHT is left and prevent DHEAS (dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate) from converting to T and DHT

DHEAS may regulate sebaceous gland activity through its conversion to testosterone and DHT within the sebaceous gland. The enzymes required to convert DHEAS to more potent androgens are present within sebaceous glands, using a topical anti-androgen like topical dutasteride or ketoconazole 2% to block the remaining androgens in the scalp in addition to Cyproterone Acetate and finasteride/dutasteride orally will yield much better results since "dutasteride 0.5 mg suppressed DHT concentrations in serum by 92% and in scalp by 51%, while finasteride 5 mg in serum by 73% and in scalp by 41%" - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4969473/

Without Cyproterone Acetate and without a topical anti-androgen, 50 - 60% of DHT still remains in the scalp, I'm unsure how much additional scalp DHT is suppressed by taking Cyproterone Acetate with 5-alpha reductase inhibitors but it's anywhere from an additional 30-50%

By doing this you will be on a complete androgen deprivation therapy and your hair will grow back.

Last edited:

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cyproterone Acetate inhibits the production of T by 98%, rather than only blocking the AR receptors, and DHT by 60-75% (same as finasteride), by adding finasteride or dutasteride you block whatever DHT is left and prevent DHEAS (dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate) from converting to T and DHT

DHEAS may regulate sebaceous gland activity through its conversion to testosterone and DHT within the sebaceous gland. The enzymes required to convert DHEAS to more potent androgens are present within sebaceous glands, using a topical anti-androgen like topical dutasteride or ketoconazole 2% to block the remaining androgens in the scalp in addition to Cyproterone Acetate and finasteride/dutasteride orally will yield much better results since "dutasteride 0.5 mg suppressed DHT concentrations in serum by 92% and in scalp by 51%, while finasteride 5 mg in serum by 73% and in scalp by 41%" - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4969473/

Without Cyproterone Acetate and without a topical anti-androgen, 50 - 60% of DHT still remains in the scalp, I'm unsure how much additional scalp DHT is suppressed by taking Cyproterone Acetate with 5-alpha reductase inhibitors but it's anywhere from an additional 30-50%

By doing this you will be on a complete androgen deprivation therapy and your hair will grow back.
I canceled Diana, I decided to sit on a natural scheme, but first 14 days of estradiol 5 zilchs of estro gel per day, I will apply on my hips and buttocks. I don’t know what levels this will give me. Perhaps not the highest for feminization.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score

I find this thread very interesting, amount of knowledge here.

Scalp DHT is not what really matters in male pattern baldness though. What matters most is the DHT within the dermal papillae of the hair follicles. This is the DHT that most needs to be inhibited. It is not known how much of the DHT within the dermal papillae is inhibited by topical finasteride by means of direct absorption through the skin rather than by the finasteride being absorbed into the bloodstream first and then making its way into the follicles.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think this is an interesting excerpt from that study which might help to account for the efficacy between duta vs finasteride...
"The virilization at puberty of pseudohermaphrodites without type 2 5-alpha reductase associates with increasing type 1 5-alpha reductase expression in skin, suggesting that DHT can have paracrine effects17. As a result, this suggests that the inhibition of both the type 1 and 2 5-alpha reductases may be needed to control DHT effectively."

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I canceled Diana, I decided to sit on a natural scheme, but first 14 days of estradiol 5 zilchs of estro gel per day, I will apply on my hips and buttocks. I don’t know what levels this will give me. Perhaps not the highest for feminization.

Yar it seems to me you want to become a woman so why dont you go on a trans forum instead? They will be able to answer all your gay tranny questions.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
since I reduced minoxidil to twice a week, leg hair is suddenly falling out like crazy

two different days:

View attachment 130591

View attachment 130592

So are you trans? Your hair is thick enough for you to stop taking all these drugs or go on a very small maintenance dose. Ive only taken drugs in 2 of the last 12 days. I frequently take time off and i'm doing fine. I have a full head of hair with minimal gyno (people who have seen me with my shirt off havent even noticed anything) and my dick works fine. I think you went too far unless you like having hairless skin and being feminine as possible. Are you that scared of losing a bit of hair again that you wont even consider a smaller dose?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my body hair is coming back after it had disappeared for a few months, for some reason i dont know why, I'm going to try diane 35

Who cares about body hair I thought this thread was supposed to be about the hair on your head. I never lost any body hair but grew all the hair back on my head so don't worry about it. Unless of course your a tranny. Whats your goal here? Are you trying to grow hair back on your scalp or become a girl?

Maybe its time to change the thread title to trans talk or something.

Last edited:

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who cares about body hair I thought this thread was supposed to be about the hair on your head. I never lost any body hair but grew all the hair back on my head so don't worry about it. Unless of course your a tranny. Whats your goal here? Are you trying to grow hair back on your scalp or become a girl?

Maybe its time to change the thread title to trans talk or something.
Not sure why you consider lack of body hair just a thing girls do.
But in regards to your other question to bridge, what was your starting point before treatments in comparison to his?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
So are you trans? Your hair is thick enough for you to stop taking all these drugs or go on a very small maintenance dose. Ive only taken drugs in 2 of the last 12 days. I frequently take time off and i'm doing fine. I have a full head of hair with minimal gyno (people who have seen me with my shirt off havent even noticed anything) and my dick works fine. I think you went too far unless you like having hairless skin and being feminine as possible. Are you that scared of losing a bit of hair again that you wont even consider a smaller dose?
I never want to stop or reduce, I'm an estrogen crackhead

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure why you consider lack of body hair just a thing girls do.
But in regards to your other question to bridge, what was your starting point before treatments in comparison to his?

Some guys shave their chest, hardly any remove hair from the entire body. You can see my before and after pics on page 191 of this thread. My hair loss level was pretty close to his though I didn't have the receding hairline I was a diffuse thinner.

Last edited:

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never want to stop or reduce, I'm an estrogen crackhead

I hope you don't end up regretting it. do you not care about having kids in the future? And considering how much you love estrogen do you consider yourself trans? Would you keep taking estrogen even if they invented a cure for baldness tomorrow?

Last edited:

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some guys shave their chest, hardly any remove hair from the entire body. You can see my before and after pics on page 191 of this thread. My hair loss level was pretty close to his though I didn't have the receding hairline I was a diffuse thinner.
Just checked it out, great regrowth. Did you drop any part of your regimen since, or just use more sparingly?

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yar it seems to me you want to become a woman so why dont you go on a trans forum instead? They will be able to answer all your gay tranny questions.
where did you get that you can expel us from a forum whose regimes are comparable to trans modes? I am not going to stop estradiol either, I’ll even add progesterone from day 14 of the cycle

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you don't end up regretting it. do you not care about having kids in the future? And considering how much you love estrogen do you consider yourself trans? Would you keep taking estrogen even if they invented a cure for baldness tomorrow?
the cure for baldness is estradiol, it is an antiandrogen and gives crazy hair growth!