Finasteride losing effectiveness after 17 months, building up tolerance or what? (Blood Tests)

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That doesnt look right.... We both got some underlying problem other than dht. But to find the cause is tricky. Im gonna try some diet stuff and go easy on the shampoo I dont think having a dry scalp and hair is good for hair growth, also gonna use my laser helmet again and make smoothies out of vegtables. Even my side hair grows slow af man. Have you tried aswaganda?
I am having cortisol included too in my next blood tests.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you just have very aggressive male pattern baldness. If you are losing hair all over your body, I would say alopecia aerata.
Of course, I know my miserable fate… I can’t deny that… I am losing some hairs in my other parts of my body but not something out of the ordinary loss. Most of them ofc they are in the telogen phase like my shedded hair from my head.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This kind of alopecia looks weird to me. Have you tried any topical AA? If that doesn't work, you should def check your case with a trichologist.
Like I said, I will wait for my blood tests as well. I am hoping for some hints from them. It definitely looks weird.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you just have very aggressive male pattern baldness. If you are losing hair all over your body, I would say alopecia aerata.
Alopecia areata can also be defuse.I ve had it in 2017 and i lost my hair above my ears within 2 weeks.I also had it on the top but it was defuse.(Dermatologist diagnosis)It was horrible.I recovered within a year.It looked similar to his.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alopecia areata can also be defuse.I ve had it in 2017 and i lost my hair above my ears within 2 weeks.I also had it on the top but it was defuse.(Dermatologist diagnosis)It was horrible.I recovered within a year.It looked similar to his.
For me, it seems it got triggered suddenly somehow. That’s was not my hair quality when Finasteride was working the best for me. All my hairs across my scalp were thicker.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me, it seems it got triggered suddenly somehow. That’s was not my hair quality when Finasteride was working the best for me. All my hairs across my scalp were thicker.
Yes it happens suddenly,especially after severe emotional distress-in my case-.Clobetasol propionate is a must for you now.But first get a diagnosis asap.If you have that,be calm, you will recover your hair

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man there is something weird with your hair loss. Do you also have itching, aches or something? In my case I have itchiness, oily hair and skin, suddently acne on some parts of the scalp and face and terrible scalp aches(I can't even touch my scalp, it hurts like hell sometimes).

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it happens suddenly,especially after severe emotional distress-in my case-.Clobetasol propionate is a must for you now.But first get a diagnosis asap.
How long did you use it? I am considering to use it topically because I have terrible scalp aches...

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it happens suddenly,especially after severe emotional distress-in my case-.Clobetasol propionate is a must for you now.But first get a diagnosis asap.
I thought about autoimmune too. I don’t know. I hope blood tests shed some light.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man there is something weird with your hair loss. Do you also have itching, aches or something? In my case I have itchiness, oily hair and skin, suddently acne on some parts of the scalp and face and terrible scalp aches(I can't even touch my scalp, it hurts like hell sometimes).
Some itchiness in my donor. Rarely, though. Fortunately, I am not experiencing oily hair, skin, and acne.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some itchiness in my donor. Rarely, though. Fortunately, I am not experiencing oily hair, skin, and acne.
It might not be only Androgenic Alopecia then. My case is 100% Androgenic alopecia because I look disgusting. I also have to take shower at the end of the day cause I smell kind of bad at nights and I don't even work out...... I have to take shower daily no matter what I do. My hormones are not only f*****g up my hair, but my whole appareance.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score

I will try everything that I can. I can’t go back to this curse… I hate to see these pictures.

@Adri23 Well, you say so! Check above.. 17/18 years old.
Holy sh*t man, that looks so bad... If you really want to improve that, you should try topica AA after your blood tests and find another causes if there is any. Do you also use oral minoxidil?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you use it? I am considering to use it topically because I have terrible scalp aches...
For me it started on 7/4/2017.I ve lost all my hair above my ears and defuse thinning on top.I looked like a dog.People at work thought i was dying.I used it for a year.I recovered after 11 months.I ve had itchiness before my hair started falling.Calcipotriene cream is useful as well.Dont wait,time is of the essence here.Blood tests will tell you nothing for that

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t man, that looks so bad... If you really want to improve that, you should try topica AA after your blood tests and find another causes if there is any. Do you also use oral minoxidil?
My treatment of topical minoxidil+Topical finasteride+ Oral finasteride was working so well. I said it here. A miracle. I got a miracle. I know that it won’t last long, but I wasn’t expecting so fast. Without any treatments, ended. I am 100% glad that I took the treatments, and I will ever be.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me it started on 7/4/2017.I ve lost all my hair above my ears and defuse thinning on top.I looked like a dog.People at work thought i was dying.I used it for a year.I recovered after 11 months.I ve had itchiness before my hair started falling.Calcipotriene cream is useful as well.Dont wait,time is of the essence here
Can you use corticosteroids for a whole year? I know my hair loss is due to androgenetic alopecia so corticosteroids are only gonna help with scalp aches, so I don't know if 1 year would be necessary.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
My treatment of topical minoxidil+Topical finasteride+ Oral finasteride was working so well. I said it here. A miracle. I got a miracle. I know that it won’t last long, but I wasn’t expecting so fast. Without any treatments, ended. I am 100% glad that I took the treatments, and I will ever be.
Maybe try oral minoxidil? All the regrowth I got was from oral minoxidil.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe try oral minoxidil? All the regrowth I got was from oral minoxidil.
I will try to enhance my topical with tretinoin. I was so lucky and I responded pretty good to topical (trichotest confirmed that too). However, at the 9 month mark I was difussing again rapidly. Then, I started topical Finasteride+ Finasteride, and I was able to recover a lot of ground.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will try to enhance my topical with tretinoin. I was so lucky and I responded pretty good to topical (trichotest confirmed that too). However, at the 9 month mark I was difussing again rapidly. Then, I started topical Finasteride+ Finasteride, and I was able to recover a lot of ground.
Just to know. Why wouldn't you try oral now that nothing is working? Are you scare of side effects?