Finasteride losing effectiveness after 17 months, building up tolerance or what? (Blood Tests)

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
Just to ask. Why wouldn't you try oral now that nothing is working? Are you scare of side effects?
I can’t get it easily. Needs the prescription. And yeah, I am kinda scared the side effects, but I wouldn’t say no to try. So, only tretinoin can help a bit for boost.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Adri23
Trichotest results (to confirm the accuracy of the test, I was done it while I was into the treatments for 2+years. Everything correlates perfectly)

PGD2: Mildly Elevated
SULT1A1: Response to Minoxidil: Positive
5AR1: Activity Normal
5AR2: Mildly Elevated
Aromatase Activity: Mildly Reduced
IGF-1 Activity: Mildly Reduced
ACE Acitivity: Mildly Elevated (More Vasoconstriction-Vasodilation Needed: Arginine, Carnitine, etc.)
CRABP2: Mildly Reduced (Vitamin A not properly absorbed into the cells. Noteworthy: Vitamin A was in the low-end levels when I checked it before the test.)
PTGFR-1,-2,-3: 1,3: Mildly Reduced->Latanoprost can act-2: Negative Response to Latanoprost. So, here it's a bit of a mix.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I

I can’t get it easily. Needs the prescription. And yeah, I am kinda scared the side effects, but I wouldn’t say no to try. So, only tretinoin can help a bit for boost.
Yeah you can try to add tretinoin. I use oral minoxidil and I didnt have any side effect in a dosages from 2.5-4 mg a day, but if go up it to 5mg I start to get tachicardia. I'll try to up it to 5mg again to see what happens.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Adri23
Trichotest results (to confirm the accuracy of the test, I was done it while I was into the treatments for 2+years. Everything correlates perfectly)

ACE Acitivity: Mildly Elevated (More Vasoconstriction-Vasodilation Needed: Arginine, Carnitine, etc.)
CRABP2: Mildly Reduced (Vitamin A not properly absorbed into the cells. Noteworthy: Vitamin A was in the low-end levels when I checked it before the test.)
PTGFR-1,-2,-3: 1,3: Mildly Reduced->Latanoprost can act-2: Negative Response to Latanoprost. So, here it's a bit of a mix.
Your aromatase is not that bad, you should do fine with 0.05% 17a estradiol, maybe you don't need to up it.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Adri23

I start to think ACE is what gives me scalp aches. I got it on red color and it is a vasoconstrictor, so my scalp aches could be due to low blood flow maybe? It gets kinda better when I massage my scalp for 5-10 min.

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you use corticosteroids for a whole year? I know my hair loss is due to androgenetic alopecia so corticosteroids are only gonna help with scalp aches, so I don't know if 1 year would be necessary.
I ve used them for longer than that as a precaution.Sometimes i was getting some folliculitis,but that's it. The interesting part is that that i grew more hair than i ve had at baseline(pre-alopecia areata) but sadly i went back to baseline after a few months.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ve used them for longer than that as a precaution.Sometimes i was getting some folliculitis,but that's it. The interesting part is that that i grew more hair than i ve had at baseline(pre-alopecia areata) but sadly i went back to baseline after a few months.
That's unfortunate...... What will you do to treat it? Are you gonna start clobetasol again?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's unfortunate...... What will you do to treat it? Are you gonna start clobetasol again?
No,i am fine now.I meant that clobetasol will give you more hair than you ever had.Thankfully i had AA only once,some people get it again and again

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
No,i am fine now.I meant that clobetasol will give you more hair than you ever had.Thankfully i had AA only once,some people get it again and again
But I do not have Alopecia Areata, so I don't think it will regrow any hair to be honest. I've used it in the past for my seborrheic dermatitis.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Adri23 @Mr. Slap Head @losingbattle88 @DoctorHouse

Well, I got most of my results back from the blood tests (different lab this time). DHT, 3a-Diol-G, and PSA levels are not ready yet. I'm waiting for them. I want to say, guys, that my blood tests are not good. I was shocked by the results. Especially from my CBC and my Bilirubin levels, both total, direct and indirect. I can see why my hair is taking a hit, too, despite the classic male pattern baldness-DUPA that I have already. Not to mention my hormones. I will be laughing my *** off if DHT comes back normal/normal-high or even the 3a-Diol-G with these hormones. No surprise here. We saw plenty of these cases here. I made a lot of sacrifices just to live, and what? To have some hair on my head for a sixteen years old boy! Nothing abnormal! My mental health declined. My body is now deteriorating. Who knows what I have now. I've always feared the most gyno and my liver function from the side effects. Screw the libido and such! I said it before here, and I will say it again. I hate these ANDROGENS AND MY f*****g GENES, which destroyed me so early in my life. Which destroyed my mental health and my psychology as a person. Giving away my sexual function/libido was the easiest side effect I could trade it off. I said it here. I just wanted to feel good with myself, my family, and my friends, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. I feel so exhausted from this non-stop battle. It's already six years, and two years, I am seeking and reading everything for this. All my soul sucked from this curse! I could tell so much more, but I won't. That's all for now. The aftermath, I don't know it, like all of us.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Adri23 @Mr. Slap Head @losingbattle88 @DoctorHouse

Well, I got most of my results back from the blood tests (different lab this time). DHT, 3a-Diol-G, and PSA levels are not ready yet. I'm waiting for them. I want to say, guys, that my blood tests are not good. I was shocked by the results. Especially from my CBC and my Bilirubin levels, both total, direct and indirect. I can see why my hair is taking a hit, too, despite the classic male pattern baldness-DUPA that I have already. Not to mention my hormones. I will be laughing my *** off if DHT comes back normal/normal-high or even the 3a-Diol-G with these hormones. No surprise here. We saw plenty of these cases here. I made a lot of sacrifices just to live, and what? To have some hair on my head for a sixteen years old boy! Nothing abnormal! My mental health declined. My body is now deteriorating. Who knows what I have now. I've always feared the most gyno and my liver function from the side effects. Screw the libido and such! I said it before here, and I will say it again. I hate these ANDROGENS AND MY f*****g GENES, which destroyed me so early in my life. Which destroyed my mental health and my psychology as a person. Giving away my sexual function/libido was the easiest side effect I could trade it off. I said it here. I just wanted to feel good with myself, my family, and my friends, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. I feel so exhausted from this non-stop battle. It's already six years, and two years, I am seeking and reading everything for this. All my soul sucked from this curse! I could tell so much more, but I won't. That's all for now. The aftermath, I don't know it, like all of us.
I feel you... Everyone that fights this sh*t, risk its health in order to maintain the mental health. We end up with a deteriorated physical health, psychological issues and a f*****g disgusting hair.... I hope this sh*t works and I don't have to worry about this in a long time, but at this point, I've no hope anymore. Hope you get better bro!

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel you... Everyone that fights this sh*t, risk its health in order to maintain the mental health. We end up with a deteriorated physical health, psychological issues and a f*****g disgusting hair.... I hope this sh*t works and I don't have to worry about this in a long time, but at this point, I've no hope anymore. Hope you get better bro!
Massages bro massages. Lol