GOOD NEWS FROM INTERCYTEX (MARCH 26 2009)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Wait, I'm getting a vision.........oh, lost it.

Re75

Reaction score
Cool, just one thing that annoys me and that I've discussed some time in the past was..I believe after phase III there is an obscene amount of waiting time where these regulators have to approve of the procedure before moving ahead.

sundayhd

Reaction score
This is great !!! :)

Im sure that in 2013 we will see more then 1 "cure" for hair loss :punk:

and in 2015 more then 4 :woot:

sundayhd

Reaction score
I found something in thier web site:

"Intercytex is exploring partnering opportunities to continue the next clinical phase of development of ICX-TRC. "

It means that if they will not find any partner they will fall :( :innocent: :shakehead:

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sundayhd said:

Really?
What would those be, exactly?

sundayhd

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
sundayhd said:

Really?

Follica, Histrogen, Intercytex, maybe new something with StemCells...

:) :)

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sundayhd said:
ClayShaw said:
sundayhd said:

Really?

Follica, Histrogen, Intercytex, maybe new something with StemCells...

:) :)

Nope. Work on acceptance. For some, that works.
For others (like me) that means significantly altering life plans. Conceding defeat with the opposite sex. Canceling back to school plans. Working jobs that you hate. I speak for myself. Others look good bald, or can deal with. I don't, and cannot.
Don't get your hopes up with Follica, Histogen, ICX, etc.
Follica: Even Cotsarellis says "decades".
Histogen: "2015, if everything is perfect." Well... things don't go perfectly.
ICX: Dead. Looking for investors but not publishing photos. Dead.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vagina.

Homer123

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
For others (like me) that means significantly altering life plans. Conceding defeat with the opposite sex. Canceling back to school plans. Working jobs that you hate. I speak for myself. Others look good bald, or can deal with. I don't, and cannot.

MAKE WAY FOR MR. HAPPY!!!

HE BRINGS JOY AND CHEER TO EVERYONE!!!

Seriously dude, chill. Most people here are in the same boat, if you want to be miserable, that's cause you choose to be. Even if we don't get a cure, there will continue to be advancements made until we do, and honestly, I don't think were that far off.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Homer123 said:
ClayShaw said:

MAKE WAY FOR MR. HAPPY!!!

HE BRINGS JOY AND CHEER TO EVERYONE!!!

Seriously dude, chill.
I'm calm. Calmer than you are.
Most people here are in the same boat
definitely true.
if you want to be miserable, that's cause you choose to be.
Nope. Who would choose to be miserable?
Even if we don't get a cure, there will continue to be advancements made until we do, and honestly, I don't think were that far off.
There hasn't been any advancement of any kind since 1998.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I Read somewhere that Intercytex is up for sale, which doesn't look like a good sign, a number of their trials failed.

sundayhd

Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
I Read somewhere that Intercytex is up for sale, which doesn't look like a good sign, a number of their trials failed.

can you please post your source?

Whoop

Established Member
Reaction score
Clayshaw,

You should really, REALLY, work on your way of living life man.

You said you do not chose to be miserable, but basically you do. You have no trust in any kind of upcoming product, you do not think there will be any scientific breakthroughs, you do not think you can live your old life without your hair, etc etc....

Cheer up man! I'd get miserable and desperate if I'd think that way. Who wouldn't?! You are taking for granted your life isn't as good as it used to be and you blame it on your hairloss and not being capable of handling it...

You are wasting your life acting being pessimistic, that's something that will not be cured by science, you'll have to fix that yourself.

Just my 2 cents though, take it how you want it.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Whoop said:
Clayshaw,

You should really, REALLY, work on your way of living life man.

You said you do not chose to be miserable, but basically you do. You have no trust in any kind of upcoming product, you do not think there will be any scientific breakthroughs, you do not think you can live your old life without your hair, etc etc....

Cheer up man! I'd get miserable and desperate if I'd think that way. Who wouldn't?! You are taking for granted your life isn't as good as it used to be and you blame it on your hairloss and not being capable of handling it...

You are wasting your life acting being pessimistic, that's something that will not be cured by science, you'll have to fix that yourself.

Just my 2 cents though, take it how you want it.

Nah... It's cool man.
I've always been really insecure, so this is sort of the final nail in the coffin.
I still don't think anyone chooses to be miserable though. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
In the other thread you did say that nothing is happening in 10 years, so I'm not the only one that doesn't believe that science is here to save the day...
Oh, and in my above post, I was kind of messing around, quoting Walter...

Whoop

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe I said that I think that nothing is happening in the next 10 years, but I don't really mean nothing is happening. I do not think there will be a perfect cure (NW7 > NW0)available in the next ten years, but I do think there will be scientific breakthroughs that will open doors for us :).

About your life, well, if you can live with it then I can, but I really think you (and lots of others that have the same problem) can cheer up your (or, their) life bigtime by working on yourself. I fukked up 1 year by thinking WAY too much about my hair, will never let that happen again!

HrZ

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
I think the press release said that some of the hair was 30 microns thick or something, but I read somewhere that average hair is 60-90 microns thick...

The press release said hairs over 30 microns thick.

100% (9/9) of the treated sites in the stimulated group responded to the treatment by increasing numbers of hairs over 30 micron in diameter

Dr Bessam Farjo, the Principal Investigator for this study, said “We have learned a lot from this trial, including the different ways in which these cells can be delivered and that it is possible to do one thousand of these injections in a relatively short period of time and at little discomfort to the patient. I am very encouraged by this data both in the increase in the total number of hairs in the treated site but more importantly by the increase in thicker hairs, those over 30 micron.â€￾

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
dimitar_berbagod said:
http://www.businessweekly.co.uk/2009032634729/life-sciences/intercytex-in-sale-talks.html

interesting...... I wonder what this really means. Seems disappointing or at least it's just a bump in the road with this horrid economy?

I had no idea that intercytex was a public company (ok my stupidity). I just looked it all up this morning and i'm wondering..... what's the difference between Intercytex Group PLC (ICX) that is worth $4.50 and Intercytex Group PLC (ICYXF) that is worth $0.10? They both seem to have the same profile. I don't get it.

Any money/market geniuses know what the story is?