Hair is actually an overrated trait

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a visibly receding hairline and temple points and I wish I didn't. I'm coping by applying minoxidil/RU/stemox and hoping for the best with Brotzu/Fidia. You should all do whatever you reasonably can to keep your hair.

But your life isn't over if you're bald. The majority of happy people out there are themselves imperfect. Very few people are perfect ... to be perfect you have to be above average in dozens and dozens of independent categories, which is extremely are.

I know lots and lots of bald people living happy lives. The wisest man I know is bald, he's a great scientist and has a loving family and great friends. The most beautiful woman I know married a bald guy and just had his kid. My current boss is balding, he's around NW4. One of my favourite people, a few years older than me, is bald, he owns two businesses (in music instruction and healthy eating) and has three healthy and beautiful kids. My late father was bald. And on and on.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I won't pretend to know what it is like to be in someone else's shoes, but neither should you when it comes to my case. All i have to say is i see a lot of negativity and self pity in these forums, and while i am sure it is cathartic to some degree, i don't think it solves any actual problems which is why i rather hover on the more action-oriented/positive side of these forums. You should also not dismiss my comments on the basis of my looks since my comments are not meant to offend but rather to shift some of you out of this same negativity. We are all going through this curse together, i think we should focus our energy trying to solve it and help each other rather than wasting time cursing society and society's standards.

OK, it's cool that you just clarified yourself with that quote. The other quote could be construed as extremely egotistical, so that is why I commented on it. I just don't see how talking about how extremely great-looking you were before you started losing your hair could somehow shift us out of our negativity. It's true that we are all going through this curse together, but like everything in life, there are degrees and magnitudes to suffering. An NW2 with minimal thinning (who no one will consider as being bald) will barely look any different whereas an NW5 or an NW6 (who is full on bald) will often look like a completely different person, so that is why I say that all of the positivity posts will come from the people with the least hair loss. Sure, we can all give examples of other guys who are bald and supposedly living great lives. "My friend Tommy is an NW6, yet he has a hot wife and has always dated beautiful women." Yet unfortunately the people who say such things are not able to come to terms with their own hair loss, hence why they have virtually all of their hair yet are still posting on a hair loss forum. I have a friend who promised to shave his own head with me if I did, and he even showed me photos of people he knew who shaved their heads and supposedly got great-looking women. However when push came to shove, did he ever shave his head (even for a day)? Of course not.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@F2005, have you considered a hair transplant?

I'm likely to consider it my regimen doesn't work out.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will recommend you try running or other form of exercises as well. I went through divorce 3 years ago. It caused immense mental trauma and destroyed me mentally. I was basically walking around with unbearable emotional pain all the time unable to eat, sleep or work. I plunged into deep depression. After 5-6 months when I was somewhat mentally better, I started running 20 - 30 minutes . After each run I will walk for half an hour to an hour. It really helped me feel better, especially while I was walking. It would calm me down a bit and I will be able to think clearly. It can be very therapeutic. I don't guarantee that it will have the same effect on you, but there is no harm in trying.
Sorry to hear this.
But it seems you reacted in the end in a good manner. Good for you!

blackg

Reaction score
if you keep being on this forum no antidepressants will help you, surfing this section of the forum is like swallowing depression pills.
Its funny... There seems to be two types of reactions from people who visit this section.
Those that find it depressing and those that find it a release and comforting.
I find this section very cathartic.
I can be myself on this forum.

There's enough bullshit to deal with on the outside world everyday.
So, to come on here and hear some honesty (sure, it may be a bit dark) is something that I really appreciate.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you guys had a skull like this you wouldn't cry about "hair".

453674360-actors-dominic-purcell-and-girlfriend-gettyimages.jpg
TBH this guy's skull is OK but look at the ears. Protruding and asymmetrical. He really is not that handsome (deleted: ugly) to me.
Of course if you have a wonderful woman at your side your brain will immediately go "wow there must be something extraordinary to this man"
(Add some envy ;) too)

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its funny... There seems to be two types of reactions from people who visit this section.
Those that find it depressing and those that find it a release and comforting.
I find this section very cathartic.
I can be myself on this forum.

There's enough bullshit to deal with on the outside world everyday.
So, to come on here and hear some honesty (sure, it may be a bit dark) is something that I really appreciate.

I like this. It happens to me too: reading other people's negative experiences puts mine in perspective. That may be a bit parasitic ;)

But I am afraid I have always been a bit of pessimistic / realistic it has been many years.

Read, if you will, this story that opened my eyes and showed some truth at an early age.

When I was a kid, in Tuscany everyone was convinced that, if you are cool and have some PUA skills (+money), every girl will fall at your feet. This has been shown in some movies of the 60s, mainly by Dino Risi's "Il sorpasso".

Then something happened that opened my eyes about what women really want :)

When I was in high school, I was part of a closely knit group of three friends. We studied together and played rock together (those were the years I started drums).

During senior year, a new girl came to our class. She was the hottest we had ever seen. Beautiful, uninhibited, experienced, fun, you name it.

One of us three, the funniest of us, started to be friends with her. In a month, they were studying together every afternoon. I was a bit shier, as I was starting to lose hair and was worried by my appearance.

The third one of us three friends was even more distant from her. He was incredibly shy and never exchanged a word with her. Or with anyone else, for that matter.

At about half year, this wonderful girl stopped one of us three on the way to the bathroom and kissed him. They became an inseparable couple.

Who was the lucky one? Not the funny "cool" guy who has courted her for months. It was the incredibly shy friend whom she had never spoken with.

So the friend who had been hitting on her asked what had driven her to that friend. And she said: "oh but I liked him from day one, I could not help myself with someone with that handsome face and long, thick hair".

PS: I know this story means nothing. There are cases in which the girl chooses the cool guy who tries, not the handsome one who does not try.

But it is important to understand weird things can happen.

Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your sexual market value is fixed: face, build, bone structure, height, hair. The rest is irrelevant.

I don't agree completely.

Here in Spain, the way you dress is very important for the women who want to "land a good party".
Carreer-oriented women will have sex with handsome drop-outs, but for a medium-term relationship they need someone who can keep up with the environment they target (in addition to being cool).

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't have to explain anything, you are the one making the crazy claim that if a person tries for one month, in the way that you suggest, and can't get a woman, "it's over, time to forget about women and move on". So, if you are not joking, explain how it can be true. (In a sense I am joking, because obviously it is horrible advice on your part, and there's no possible justification for it. There is nothing in the world you can say that makes that true, or good advice. But I want to see you try... or admit that it's a joke.)

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
Fred, I was reading about divorce rates and Belgium has the highest at 71%. That's incredible, do you have any ideas why it's happening? Is divorcing really easy or what?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Regardless of your hairline, you should stay fit.

The standard medical recommendation is ~3 hours a week of intense exercise, which excludes jogging or golf. This is completely independent of your hair follicles' androgen sensitivity.

It's a silly article you're linking to (not sure why), it offers no specific advice, and we wouldn't tell bald people to become employed and maintain good hygiene because they're bald ... being employed and clean are basic life skills that are necessary regardless of your hairline.

From the article:
"How does a bald man get into shape?"
How does a bald man get a job, brush his teeth, take a shower, drive a car, or read a book?
Same as any other man.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Let's make it 6 months then. If no womn respond positively to your attempts, why the hell would it ever become better?

I get a date every other day on average, and it's just constant. It does not get better, and it does not get worse. I won't turn into a slayer who have more dates that he can handle all of a sudden.

My results will never improve.

With all due respect there are a ton of problems here.

- You are a Tinder addict. As are many people. But it's not for everyone... you prescribe your very narrow Fred methods of meeting people (Tinder and "go to events"), and if they don't work, you suggest giving up on women forever. Absurd. I've dated a ton but never used Tinder, nor did I go to "events" to meet girls.

- You have one month to find someone before you should "give up on women and try something else". (Uh, like what?) No... you have six months before you should give up. Ha... just arbitrary times. Yet you are not joking. So... you want someone to take it seriously? Six months is six times as long as one month. Is that your final answer?

- Essentially, this is what you write. "I'm very successful with women, and this will never change. Why would it? You are unsuccessful with women, and it will never change. Why would it?"

You don't see a problem with this? "I am rich and enjoy making a lot of money. This will continue, obviously. You are poor and have failed at making money, and this will continue, obviously". Real pleasant... you qualify it by saying this: "I won't turn into a slayer who have more dates that he can handle all of a sudden. My results will never improve.". As if getting a date every other day is not successful. You're not a "slayer", you'll never improve it. Come on... there was another member here who posted that he hooked up a little more than that, like every day, and he was mocked for the impossibility of it. How much could you really improve? What's a "slayer"?

Anyway, I just don't think it's kind to say - you've tried to hook up, you failed, you'll always fail. On the other hand I hook up constantly. Not sure whats going on with that "advice". I centainly have known people who tried and faIled for years to date and eventually did date, marry, and have happy lives. You need more experience and years before you start dictating to everyone what is and is not possible for them. In fact really you can never do it. But at least with more years and experience I think you'd be more on the right track. You're a young guy who is enjoying dating, Tinder, and has never been married. Your perspective is going to be different, and much wiser, in 20 years, as you see some people who you were "sure" would never find someone get married, etc.

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score
I have a friend who promised to shave his own head with me if I did, and he even showed me photos of people he knew who shaved their heads and supposedly got great-looking women. However when push came to shove, did he ever shave his head (even for a day)? Of course not.
I appreciated most of your post, but this bit confused me.
You cant just shave your head "even for a day."

The visual effects of a shaved head last a bit longer then a day.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a silly article you're linking to (not sure why)

Isn't it obvious David? Why look like this...

cMC1RDW.jpg

When you can look like this!!!

ZWL86F0.jpg

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't it obvious David?

The first guy looks disgusting and meek independently of his hair. Hair would help him, but only a little bit. With hair he'd still look like a dweeb, like he just got out of the hospital. He might get heart disease really young, regardless of whether or not he gets a hair transplant.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people in here act as if all NW1:s are good looking. Many people are unattractive regardless of their hair status. And there have been many occasions over the years (I am a clean shaven NW7, 28 years old), where chicks have choosen me instead of my full head of hair-friends.

The only sure thing is that if you feel uncomfortable with how you look you will fail no matter what. And I fully respect those who need their hair back in order to like what they see in the mirror.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
.The only sure thing is that if you feel uncomfortable with how you look you will fail no matter what.

Exactly. It's all about confidence.