Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.2%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.4%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 60 22.9%

• Total voters

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Biestro Results:

People have asked me to characterize any results from my use of Estrogel or Biestro. I struggle to do this because I am on many different treatments and meds but here is the best example. In the first two pics, I had gone off DIY HRT more or less and was barely using any Biestro on my scalp anymore. The next two are from when I decided to DIY again while I waited for a spot in the HRT program at a local hospital. My hair actually got worse for a while after HRT with just low-dose Premarin but I don't want to confuse matters. I do think that topical estrogens work but I also think that they get absorbed like the dickens and I have the fairly large breasts to prove it. Everyone must proceed at his or her or their own risk but topical estrogen works. We just don't know if it works both locally and systemically. Regardless, I was using loads of the Amazon med. Goddess Bless.

1612218496750.png
1612218522918.png
1612218543855.png
1612218561627.png

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today pics:

Attachments

• IMG_2105.JPG
    IMG_2105.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2107.JPG
    IMG_2107.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2108.JPG
    IMG_2108.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 233

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can even tell by the shine of your hair that the estrogen not only helped with regrowth but the actual quality of the hair. Something that a lot of the popular drugs usually don't do a good job of.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can even tell by the shine of your hair that the estrogen not only helped with regrowth but the actual quality of the hair. Something that a lot of the popular drugs usually don't do a good job of.
Thank you. That's been a hope and point of focus in the forum that the goal is attractive hair and being attractive in general and not just coverage in the abstract.

Lol, I am still not exactly sure what the Castor Oil is supposed to do but I have continued with that once daily.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. That's been a hope and point of focus in the forum that the goal is attractive hair and being attractive in general and not just coverage in the abstract.

Lol, I am still not exactly sure what the Castor Oil is supposed to do but I have continued with that once daily.

I think castor oil is definitely worth it, im thinking of lowering my dosage of oral min to 5mg and keeping oral castor oil at 10ml in the morning because it is so effective, im going to be taking oral min for the rest of my life so the lower the dosage the better healthwise, even though i have had my heart checked a few times since i started using oral min and nothing bad came back.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
breasts are a solvable problem. Dead follicles are not
We share the same view on enlarged breasts. As much as I fear it they're definitely more solvable than alopecia. A routine surgery could take care of them and to my understanding, even prevent them from recurrence. Hair on the other hand, especially the hairline is a massive pain to retain, let alone restore.
my contribution will be significant, because we have practically no examples of using the 50mg bicalutamide scheme for cis guys
All the way tuned in for your progress. Like Janey said take a ton of pics if you can and keep us posted.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think castor oil is definitely worth it, im thinking of lowering my dosage of oral min to 5mg and keeping oral castor oil at 10ml in the morning because it is so effective, im going to be taking oral min for the rest of my life so the lower the dosage the better healthwise, even though i have had my heart checked a few times since i started using oral min and nothing bad came back.
Is the castor oil supposed to increase growth rate? I have been a bit frustrated in general in terms of meds not being clear regarding whether they are "growth agents" or "regrowth agents", meaning we all would probably prefer to have faster growing hair but this is a bit different from increasing anagen which differs from creating new regrowth. Minoxidil/oral minoxidil is a bit like this too. It's doing something good or great for my hair but it's unclear if that means faster strand growth. I think that it does do that as well as regrowh hair.

Things are going really well for me on this protocol so no complaints.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We share the same view on enlarged breasts. As much as I fear it they're definitely more solvable than alopecia. A routine surgery could take care of them and to my understanding, even prevent them from recurrence. Hair on the other hand, especially the hairline is a massive pain to retain, let alone restore.

All the way tuned in for your progress. Like Janey said take a ton of pics if you can and keep us posted.
Lol. The only issue is that you might start to like them, as happened to @bridgeburn and he was really, really frank about that. I was wary and hesitant about the breast growth but it's hard to complain, to me, about something that so many MtF's would want with all of their hearts. I have posted transgender breast growth pics in the past to show just how small average is for an MtF so that people can decide if hair is worth some level of breast growth which is usually minimal in the MtF context.

Notwithstanding all of that, I am a walking billboard for the fact that some MtF's do experience breast growth similar to cis-females and we don't really know why but it seems to be based both upon genetics and the speed at which estrogen is introduced into the system. Slow is worse for hair growth in my experience but favors breast development. That's why it is very difficult to dip a toe in the hormonal waters for cis-males. The breasts are stage one and hair improvement takes a long time. Depending upon how one measures, I am at the 7 year mark. It's a marathon as they say, not a sprint.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the castor oil supposed to increase growth rate?
Yet to dig into actual studies but from what little anecdotal feedback we have, it seems like a relatively potent growth stimulant to me. At the very least people have claimed it speeds up the growth rate of existing hairs which I'll take since my hair grows extremely slowly by nature to begin with. Started it today but won't expect much from it.
The only issue is that you might start to like them, as happened to @bridgeburn and he was really, really frank about that.
And that's yet another fear I have regarding even the sparsest extent of HRT. And this'll sound silly but: Accidentally having whatever treatment I'm on polarize my self-perception to where I lose track of how far I'm in or whether I've "tipped over" to a point where I no longer crave baseline. As much sense as any of that just made.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yet to dig into actual studies but from what little anecdotal feedback we have, it seems like a relatively potent growth stimulant to me. At the very least people have claimed it speeds up the growth rate of existing hairs which I'll take since my hair grows extremely slowly by nature to begin with. Started it today but won't expect much from it.

And that's yet another fear I have regarding even the sparsest extent of HRT. And this'll sound silly but: Accidentally having whatever treatment I'm on polarize my self-perception to where I lose track of how far I'm in or whether I've "tipped over" to a point where I no longer crave baseline. As much sense as any of that just made.
Thanks for the first bit of info.

On your second concern, I mean, I could probably write a book about that. I wonder if prostate cancer patients self-stigmatize because they are receiving "female hormones". It's one reason I believe why so many might be willing to use AA's but not estrogen even though AA's might be more feminizing than estrogen in many senses.

I had my point where my hair goals were still far off but I could tell that the breasts were about to sprout big time and I had to make a decision so I went for it since my hair has been my windmill that I have tilted at since I was 20 years old. I think this is a fascinating point of discussion. I am clearly chemically female but does that make me trans? No, although I am non-binary transgender. I also use MtF and trans folks do as well, for an indication of the direction one is going in terms of hormone therapy. Believe it or not, on the MtF fora, many cis-guys do want breasts but no other changes and scenarios like that which require Serms. This is the Brave New World.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Toppik Review:

The Toppik review has been canceled since I could not get the top off the can without breaking it. I thought it might be fun to see what it could do in terms of thickening and hopeful for the prediction of where I land hair-wise in the future.

Oh and no, it wasn't that I was too weak to remove the cap. It was more so that it just wouldn't come off until it did along with a broken nozzle that was pouring brown crap all over the place. I want Hair in a Spray Can again; loved that product.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor Oil as a Topical
I think that I am going to test out castor oil as a leave-in topical but only on my hairline in front because otherwise it is too messy. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm. Well. I have gone back to my wig. I just am able to present so much more androgynously that way. I think that I am doing this part pretty well. I just screwed up the marriage part, sigh. The irony is going to be that even with restoration, I might look better in my wig.<curtsies>

So I will have spent 37 years chasing a head of hair and then I might not use it. Ah, irony.

Oh, I have been and will continue to post my Jane pics because they are relevant to other MtF's. I also believe that they are relevant to cis-readers in the sense of "Careful!" Many older MtF's even with incredible hair growth end up staying in a wig so I hope to inspire any potential MtF's thinking about this. I am not recruiting, lol. We have plenty of members already but i hope people can get something from my joy.

Goddess bless

Attachments

• IMG_2122.JPG
    IMG_2122.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_2146.JPG
    IMG_2146.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cis-Guys: Goddess, Estrogen, HRT and Head Space

I wonder some times how many cis-guys would take the HRT route if it were not for the fear of being captured by the experience. See, I thought that maybe I could stick one toe in and maintain my identity as a male but alas, no. Only Goddess knows how far you are willing to go to get your hair back. Until you give in to Goddess, you just don't have the proper head space for full restoration.

I will only rub it on my hairline, I thought. I can handle it even though every sane man on the planet knows not to ever touch or handle estrogen. That was my downfall. I broke the guy rule and I wasn't even trans, not really. If you touch estrogen, any form, even once, it's too late for you.

Once I saw any improvement in my hair at all, out went my proper titrating self onto an estrogen run where I would just use huge amounts for days! And I loved it. My weight went all the way up to 180 pounds and I was voluptuous and getting more so and then kerplunk! My wife dumped me and then i began six years of adventures that everyone keeps telling me would make a great novel. I am a prolific writer and can write hundreds of pages in no time which is a blessing and a curse. I have a story to tell and I am trying to figure out what media is appropriate.

But I wouldn't trade being Jane for anything. Her alter-ego was exhausted with life and had pretty much given up. Then Janey arrives and she is all full of this energy.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I won't know because I haven't yet acquired everything I need to push the envelope past or near my tolerance point.

I'm presently using a bi-est topical and it's "ok", but I'm still waiting on my proper estrogel and now I'm fairly certain I'm going to try biclutamide. My doctor is being annoying and trying me on something else before they put me on metformin, which I'm going to insist to be on next month.

I am at a point where I have to push things farther if I'm going to get better results, and I'm already doing ok, it's just not enough yet.

I'm at an extremely annoying impasse where I need to increase my estrogen levels to offset my reduction in testosterone.

I am not even halfway close to the tipping point where my masculinity can be called into question, and I won't know how far I need to go until I have the necessary drugs and hormones to do so.

Also, I learned very quickly not to use estrogen anywhere other than my scalp, as I did put some on my face to reduce fine lines, a small amount and it caused too much skin laxity that I did not like it. Overall just from using estriol and now bi-est on my scalp my fine lines have been reduced, where my forehead had two or three lines I did not appreciate being there, they've been reduced a lot in prominence.

The key to estrogen application is that it does not need to be applied directly to anywhere other than where you really really want it to have an effect, such as your scalp.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor Oil as a Topical
I think that I am going to test out castor oil as a leave-in topical but only on my hairline in front because otherwise it is too messy. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Use it at night, don't use it during the day, your hair will look like a f*****g mess.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I won't know because I haven't yet acquired everything I need to push the envelope past or near my tolerance point.

I'm presently using a bi-est topical and it's "ok", but I'm still waiting on my proper estrogel and now I'm fairly certain I'm going to try biclutamide. My doctor is being annoying and trying me on something else before they put me on metformin, which I'm going to insist to be on next month.

I am at a point where I have to push things farther if I'm going to get better results, and I'm already doing ok, it's just not enough yet.

I'm at an extremely annoying impasse where I need to increase my estrogen levels to offset my reduction in testosterone.

I am not even halfway close to the tipping point where my masculinity can be called into question, and I won't know how far I need to go until I have the necessary drugs and hormones to do so.

Also, I learned very quickly not to use estrogen anywhere other than my scalp, as I did put some on my face to reduce fine lines, a small amount and it caused too much skin laxity that I did not like it. Overall just from using estriol and now bi-est on my scalp my fine lines have been reduced, where my forehead had two or three lines I did not appreciate being there, they've been reduced a lot in prominence.

The key to estrogen application is that it does not need to be applied directly to anywhere other than where you really really want it to have an effect, such as your scalp.
You have contributed a lot on here. Remember, I was more sanguine at the beginning when I first posted but it just worked out differently and while @bridegburn did something amazing, it had very little relevance to cis-guys. I remember Marky being disappointed with him not taking an overt cis path. My goal was to help cis-guys avoid feminzation and my breasts are still growing so I am a terrible poster girl for "don't worry about breast growth, MtF's never get much".

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Refer to pictures of yourself from your past, that's what I do. I visualize that's where I want to be and that's where I'm heading, that's my baseline, recovery of density on par with where I was when I was 30. Similar skin quality and hydration, it's not that difficult, I'm acutely aware of the hazards of hormone therapy, but I'm also 40 years old, I'm not 17 with a developing body.

The level of harm I can do to myself is constrained by my innate understanding of how my body feels and looks versus what I do and don't want. At this point I am frustratingly not even close to a level of "harm" I can do with hormones much less antiandrogens. I have a high level of confidence in myself that I know what my limits are and how far I need to go to get what I need.

I think most people if they search themselves will realize they know the same, I'm not interested in looking like a girl, I'd look really silly, I just want lock myself in at a certain physiological age range for as long as I can.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Refer to pictures of yourself from your past, that's what I do. I visualize that's where I want to be and that's where I'm heading, that's my baseline, recovery of density on par with where I was when I was 30. Similar skin quality and hydration, it's not that difficult, I'm acutely aware of the hazards of hormone therapy, but I'm also 40 years old, I'm not 17 with a developing body.
That was my precept. I was a petite very attractive adolescent up to 18 or so. I guess I am talking about the MtF part here but I was pretty sure that I could pull this off consistent with my own high standards.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for Cis Guys:

If you could be a version of your female self now, with hair consistent with that, would you do it? Or how about looks? My choice was either to become milquetoast as a male or to try to be at least semi-attractive as a female so if I made the deal with the devil then no regrets at all. I have an inner thirst to be the best Jane I can be and I think that I have just had a knack and some blessing from Above, not to flatter myself but my self-esteem was zero before Jane took over. It is a bit like dual personalities but that's what being non-binary means some times. Transfeminine is one description and as a male, I guess bottom. The concept of homosexuality is sort of beyond me now as I navigate all of this but this is now part of my art. My life is what I am creating with Sheryl Crow in the background "if it makes your happy...."