hmm what do you think...?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Old Baldy,

That is so funny, I just got back from back to back trips to your neck of the woods. I first had a business trip to Detroit, to one of the suburban areas and found the drive from the airport to my hotel area, through downtown Detroit, to be depressing. But, the suburban areas I drove through were downright beautiful, despite the gloomy weather. Big old homes with fantastic neo-colonial architecture, lots of trees and well-manicured lawns, in a nutshell really nice neighborhoods.

The very following week, last week, for Thanksgiving, I visited family in Northern Ohio. I flew into Detroit airport and drove down. Had a fantastic time, and this liberal Californian made future plans and cannot wait to head back in a month to do some hunting. Would love to get that 12-point albino buck, but I'd settle for a great day in the outdoors with the guys, telling stories and catching up on stuff even if I don't bag anything.

That is the thing I love most about America, I love California for what it is, love the Northwest/Great Lakes regions for what it is, and all other regions as well for the particular spin they have on the American experience. Variety is the spice of life, and an extended weekend up in your home turf was fabulous.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Glad you guys took my statements as good natured ribbing. Michigan's a decent place to live. If only we got MORE sun.

California, beautiful state! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

It is kind of sad though what happened to alot of people when the heavy goods manufacturing companies moved out and left them in limbo. Many of them moved to the new locations, many others fell into alcohol and drug addiction. VERY sad.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Temples said:
Yes Petchsky, that is very interesting.

I once watched a TV special on Discovery Times Channel called "Children of Terror". The focus was mainly on Pakistan and Afghanistan. They explained how poor, starving children in these countries find solace in mosques. They teach them to read and write, give them food, clothing, shelter, and even money. And in the process turn them into raging Europe-and-Western-hating fanatics.

It's a great program.

To which program are you referring? The mosques, or the tv special?

Bismarck

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Temples said:
Yes Petchsky, that is very interesting.

I once watched a TV special on Discovery Times Channel called "Children of Terror". The focus was mainly on Pakistan and Afghanistan. They explained how poor, starving children in these countries find solace in mosques. They teach them to read and write, give them food, clothing, shelter, and even money. And in the process turn them into raging Europe-and-Western-hating fanatics.

It's a great program.

The Gardener is back!

Bismarck

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Petchsky and Bismarck: Like I said, in Michigan we are men and aren't afraid to post our location on this forum. We aren't scared little sheep that don't let people know our location like, for instance, you two are.

Btw, the wife and I have done very well money wise. We don't have to get our food from garbage cans. We could probably buy Petchsky and Bismarck out without even putting a dent in our finances.

Old Baldy,
dont't get so upset about some stupid jokes of some stupid european pussies. We never doubt that you are men in Michigan. And please don't buy us even if your wife has requested for some young attractive men.

bis

Bismarck

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Hallo Bismarck, gut sie wieder zu treffen

Hey, what is your status? I remember you having quite good results with the minoxidil/spironolactone combo.

bis

The Gardener

Reaction score
Status is good, Bis. Very slow but consistent regrowth, seems to be a follicle-by-follicle thing. Nothing dramatic though, I still have bald temples but the upper corners of them have 'rounded off' rather nicely.

Biggest improvement is in the condition of my existing, but previously thinning hair. My center-front-forehead area between my balding temples, which used to be thin, limp, and unstylable is now very thick! Very noticeable and excellent cosmetic improvement!

How about you, Bis?

Bismarck

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Status is good, Bis. Very slow but consistent regrowth, seems to be a follicle-by-follicle thing. Nothing dramatic though, I still have bald temples but the upper corners of them have 'rounded off' rather nicely.

Biggest improvement is in the condition of my existing, but previously thinning hair. My center-front-forehead area between my balding temples, which used to be thin, limp, and unstylable is now very thick! Very noticeable and excellent cosmetic improvement!

How about you, Bis?

Good to hear.
I'm using finasteride for about 6 months and all I can say is that there's no noticeable change. This is particulary good since my primary goal is maintaning what I have (Norwood 2). I'm still having huge reserves of minoxidil to fight any kind of worsening in the future. :wink:

bis

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:

The mosques.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Oh, yeaah! How I missed the banter here, the double entendres, sharp witticisms, sound medical advice, and homoerotic lockertalk. Nothing better than good ol' HairLossTalk.com dot com.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Bismarck: So that's why the wife watches all those shows with young men?!

Wait until you get a little older and see how the young women like you more than they ever did when you were young. :wink:

I don't care if they yell "Yes Daddy"!

Cassin

Reaction score
The Gardener said:

How about you, Bis?

Eaxct same here. Odd how that worked out at the beginning. I had such a massive quick burst of growth I was walking on clouds for a few months. It has now gone to slow but for sure steady growth . Hey thats cool. Better than nothing and I will take it.

For me I can now tell what my hairline will look like when my growth stops. It's hard to explain but I have some very tiny dark hairs just sitting there that have formed a hairline. One by one the grow into regular hairs.

If it holds, I will go from a horrible thin Norwood 3 to a nice Norwood 2. I couldn't expect more.

I am not touching my regimen. It is so intagrated into my life style It is no longer cumbersome and it is affordable.