How do girls react to NW2's?

s.a.f

Reaction score
ghg said:
What would I do? How the hell should I know what I would do?
Well that sums it up. You keep on at him but can offer no answers other than stop caring about it.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
At least Smooth makes some sense, unlike those two other morons taking shots at Uman left and right. It's hilarious how people who aren't bald but are still on a hairloss website can say "grow some balls". Well it's not quite that easy. There are different levels of balls. I will stand up to any man and knock him out cold but being bald has ravaged me. I'll play sports , toughing it out through broken bones and torn ligament (and I have many times) but again, I am zero confidence and baldness has changed my life severely.

Lose all your hair (none of this whiny I am diffuse thinning or my hair is thing or receding) then come back and tell me about "growing balls."

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
ghg said:
What would I do? How the hell should I know what I would do?
Well that sums it up. You keep on at him but can offer no answers other than stop caring about it.

If he's looking for some solution, he's in the wrong place. No one can help him but himself so maybe he should f*** off this board? No seriously, I thought this was a place for discussion, no one here can give a give a pill to pop and solve his problems. I thought you were smarter than that.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing I dont get is what were guys like HatPrisoner91 and Uncomfortable Man doing while they werent fully bald but just losing their hair. Noone goes bald over night. Even for rapid diffuse thinners like myself it still takes a couple years to hit NW6. Right now since im not fully bald but balding, I'm taking steps everyday to accept my situation and get closer to being alright with it. Its not easy. But what the f*** were you guys doing while you were losing it? hiding in a closet?

Why didnt you take time to accept while you were losing it? When I'm NW6 like you guys I'm going to be at the point where it doesnt bother me so much. It might still always bug me but I can tell you one thing, I'm not gonna be in my mid 30s living with my parents and crying about it.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing I dont get is what were guys like HatPrisoner91 and Uncomfortable Man doing while they werent fully bald but just losing their hair. Noone goes bald over night. Even for rapid diffuse thinners like myself it still takes a couple years to hit NW6. Right now since im not fully bald but balding, I'm taking steps everyday to accept my situation and get closer to being alright with it. Its not easy. But what the f*ck were you guys doing while you were losing it? hiding in a closet?

Why didnt you take time to accept while you were losing it? When I'm NW6 like you guys I'm going to be at the point where it doesnt bother me so much. It might still always bug me but I can tell you one thing, I'm not gonna be in my mid 30s living with my parents and crying about it.

Right on mother fuckers :bravo:

barcafan

Reaction score
The problem is you guys are too obsessed with thinking whats wrong with you (And using it as an excuse for ......) rather than trying to improve yourself. And don't give me bullshit about not being able to improve yourself because of lack of hair. Go work out, not just for the physical benefits, but to take your mind off your baldness. Oh and to lower your depression/anxiety.

We're too obsessed with pathology.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yes barcafan, you're right. It's not like I sit around and mope all day. I'm doing well in school, just kicked *** on my midterms. Still hang out with friends, all that. I only seem like a basket case to some of you guys because this is where I come to vent, when I've had a bad experience and need to purge my emotions (that IS what this section is for anyway). And when I was just loosing my hair, I didn't really notice it. When it became more noticeable I thought about it a little but still just mostly had fun with my youth. Ever since it got really bad, my confidence has been severely damaged, by a combination of being self-critical and other peoples negative reactions to me. So in a nutshell, my problems with hair loss progressed with my hair loss. Does that make any sense?

s.a.f

Reaction score
elvis123 said:
emex4 said:
The thing I dont get is what were guys like HatPrisoner91 and Uncomfortable Man doing while they werent fully bald but just losing their hair. Noone goes bald over night. Even for rapid diffuse thinners like myself it still takes a couple years to hit NW6. Right now since im not fully bald but balding, I'm taking steps everyday to accept my situation and get closer to being alright with it. Its not easy. But what the f*ck were you guys doing while you were losing it? hiding in a closet?

Right on mother fuckers :bravo:

Allow me to answer this one:

Like Hprisoner and Ucman I am in my early 30's and have been totally bald NW6. I first started to notice I was losing my hair at 19 that was in the mid 90's before the broadband age when internet access was commonly available. It was also before treatments like finasteride/dutasteride were well known about (actually they're still not that well known about to the average balding man).
What I would'nt have given back then to have acess to a forum like this offering someone to talk who about this too and to be able to find a place offering good information on treatments.
But no, I had no such help all I could do was watch helplessly as my hair slowly dissapeared.
Yes I tried to forget about it, I tried to hope that I'd cling onto my hair until at least my 30's. But I work in a production enviroment alongside mostly the type of young males not exactly known for their sensitivity so hearing comments every day from my peers such as "man you're going bald" or "hey this time next year you'll look like kojak." Even old men saying "how come you've got less hair than me?".
All the while looking around at other guys my age and older with perfect NW1's.

I'll admit that I was never the most confident of guys this could stem back to me being bullied at school but I always imagined/planned that in my 20's I could get myself some self esteem and turn things around by earning good money getting a great car/ working out ect.
Well I did all that I earned the money I had a great car and I moulded my body to the best I could get it. But looking in the mirror and seeing a bald head belonging to an old man slowly appearing along with the daily jokes at my expense was sapping my confidence.
You try your best but despite the muscles despite the expensive designer clothes there's no denying the fact that the bald head did'nt look good. Iadmit that I'm more bothered about it than most men Why? I dont know but I'm one of the few maybe I'm just naturally vain or maybe I can see that to me it does matter and it does make a difference. If I did'nt have to deal with this I'm sure I'd have been more positive, more confident and achieved more in life.

So thats what I was doing when I was losing it, trying my best to compensate all the while facing up to the fact that I did'nt have something else that the vast majority took for granted, something that makes amassive difference to your physical appearance. While others took delight in my misfortune.
Wondering why me? What if anything can I do to change it?

Thats the reason I'm here and thats why I'm posting on 'the impact of hairloss' along with guys like Hprisoner, Dudemon and UCman guys who know what I've been through and feel the say way as me. In a way we're just making up for all the times when were were dealing with this sh*t on our own when we had no support or no one to confide in.
Yeah we're still here we have'nt killed ourselves and most of us are getting on with our lives as best we can, be we realise that the impact of hairloss has played a big role in our lives and we're doing our best to find our own solutions.

So emex4 whats your excuse why are you here? why are'nt you accepting it like I was supposed to?
Maybe before you start critcising you should put yourself in our position.

ghg said:
If he's looking for some solution, he's in the wrong place. No one can help him but himself so maybe he should f*ck off this board? No seriously, I thought this was a place for discussion, no one here can give a give a pill to pop and solve his problems. I thought you were smarter than that.

The same could be said of you, what are you looking for on this board? Sometimes I think that you diffusers dont like real bald guys being on here because it just highlights how insignificant your problem really is.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Good post s.a.f. Hopefully those with at least some maturity and intelligence will appreciate what you posted and understand what you are going thru daily. I am glad the admin wants this site to weed out certain posters who definitely like to bring this place down to an elementary school level. I enjoy intelligent conversations without ridicule.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
emex4 said:

I wasn't posting on hairloss forums, that's for sure. I remember that time well. My hairloss was rapid. Within a year I went from NW2 to NW6. I was just combing it different ways at first, then cutting it short. When it started to become bad, I used concealers. Then I injured myself playing sports and had to get an operation done. During that time (throgh much pain and rehab for it), the rest completely went and it's been gone since, obviously.

You sit here and preach but the fact is you are NOT bald and I have seen your earlier whining posts. I never posted once in my life until years of being a NW6.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
The problem is you guys are too obsessed with thinking whats wrong with you (And using it as an excuse for ......) rather than trying to improve yourself. And don't give me bullshit about not being able to improve yourself because of lack of hair. Go work out, not just for the physical benefits, but to take your mind off your baldness. Oh and to lower your depression/anxiety.

Aren't you a NW2 for christ's sake? How the heck would you even know what it feels like?

And FYI, I bet I have a better physique than 90 percent of the people here. Has nothign to do with that. I have been exercising in the gym and in sports for many years.

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok , i don't post very often, but the lack of confidence from some of the members of this forum is overwhelming. I just wanted to share
an example of an email that i found very interesting in one of David D's news letters.

Here goes:

***COMMENTS FROM YET ANOTHER WOMAN***

David,

As I was re-reading your "Challenging Woman"
newsletter, I had to say: "That's soooo me!" And
you make me want to share one of my fave C+F
memories of a man who gets what you talk about.
(Perhaps not one of the most thrilling examples of
C+F you've ever read, but this guy was just the
zen master of it, and just makes me appreciate
that which is male so much more! :D )

I met "M" on a datesite, and finally decided to
meet for lunch. Now, M. is not the kind of fella
that one would think as a chick magnet. At 5'6"
(and that's being generous) and a bit of a stocky
physique because of his short stature, he does not
strike one as handsome in the typical way most
people envision. But he had a lovely face, a
charming smile, and a gleam of sunny happiness
that just make me take notice of him at first
sight.

We sat down and got acquainted, and as I felt he
was comfortable with me, I started the female
version of Cocky and Funny: I call it "Feisty and
Sassy". And he clicked right in on my wavelength.
We kept this at a comfortable level, interjecting
personal info amongst good natured jabs. This guy
was fun and funny! So it got to the point were
he had made some statement that hinted he might
like me. And so I folded my arms and asked him in
my snottiest challenging smug voice, "So you admit
you like me then, eh?" He leaned back in his
chair, studied me for a moment, turned his head as
if to look out the window, flipped his hand
negligently at me, and sneered boredly, "Nah.
Don't like ya. Can't stant ya."And after a
pregnant pause of a few seconds, him still quietly
staring off to the side, he suddenly shot me a
mischievous glance with a cocked brow and a
naughty smirking grin. 'OOOOH!! Brat!! You
brat!! You complete brat!! Oh oh oh oh OH!!
(Think like a Sam Kinison scream!)' I didn't know
if I wanted to kiss him on the mouth or punch him
in the arm! Or both!! I was exasperated and
delighted at the same time. And I couldn't help
but shoot him back my pointy-toothed kitty-cat
smile. 'Oh you are SOOO asking for trouble!! And
you are gonna GET IT!!' And... uhm, let's just
say that he did. And I most enjoyed it, like I
knew I would. ;)

My theory, founded or not, is that if you ain't
much fun OUT of bed, you probably aren't that much
fun IN bed. Or anywhere else in the house, for
that matter. M. was just fun, period. Oh man, was
he fun.

And I get mad when I hear some of your readers
write: "I'm short! I'm bald! I'm old! I'm fat! I'm
(whatever fault they perceive)! I don't stand a
chance, Dave!" Bullsh**. This is just insecurity
making excuses. (One of my fave professors in
college weighed 350lbs, balding, mid 50's, and
often dressed in shorts and threadbare T-shirts
during the summer. Not exactly a feast for the
eyes, but when his utter, almost arrogant,
confidence came thru, he was absolutely master of
his classroom domain. And when his kingly presence
filled the room, it was such a turn-on! Like
you've said, attraction is not logical, it is a
reaction. And something in me just when 'Whoa. Now
THAT's a man!')

M. was really short for a guy, and I didn't bat
an eye. His self-confidence and great attitude
just made me want to know him more. His sunniness
just preceded him, and when he opened his mouth,
he had the real deal to back it up. A man who
might have been using the C+F routine on me, but
he wasn't pretending to be confident: he WAS
confident! And a real sweetheart underneath.
Though I was intrigued from the moment I met him,
he clinched the deal with that little zinger. I
knew I was a gonner from that moment on. A man who
is genuinely comfortable with himself is a man who
I can be comfortable with. And know that he will
rise to the challenge and allow me to free the
depths of my passions, and he can handle it.
Because he can be himself, I can be myself. And
makes me want to reveal to him the inner-most
parts of me.

Let me tell ya, Dave, there are quite a few
advantages to being a "challenging woman". Just
too bad there aren't more players in this game.
Too many who meet my curious gaze and back down
before they even open their mouths. So sad, when I
saw something in them to even want to go out with
them. And they do not see that for themselves, and
do not believe in themselves. And the game is
lost before it ever started.

And when I think of your C+F techniques, I think
of Mitch, and wish more men had the confidence to
like themselves despite whatever their perceived
short comings. That little man was the gentle
master of C+F to me. And as far as I'm concerned,
he is the biggest man in the room, no matter where
he goes.

Thank you, Dave, for giving men the tools to
meet the challenge, and challenge me in return.
How fun life is with a gleam in your eye. ;)

Long live the Sassy and Feisty, Ms. E LA, CA

>>>MY COMMENTS: [David D's]

"...if you ain't much fun OUT of bed, you
probably aren't that much fun IN bed. Or anywhere
else in the house, for that matter."

Amen, sister.

There are hundreds of letters like these, i think alot of men here might benefit just from reading some of the newsletters. Just trying to shed some light on the subject of what women think of bald guys questions. I realize not all women think the same but i think this woman speaks volumes. I'm not trying to offend anyone just trying to encourage more positive thinking.

barcafan

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
barcafan said:

Aren't you a NW2 for christ's sake? How the heck would you even know what it feels like?

And FYI, I bet I have a better physique than 90 percent of the people here. Has nothign to do with that. I have been exercising in the gym and in sports for many years.

No man i was like a year ago. Pretty much a 3 now.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
HatPrisoner91 said:
No man i was like a year ago. Pretty much a 3 now.

Sorry to hear about your loss. At least it's going at normal pace though. You might not see it now but be thankful for that. I can't begin to describe to you how it feels to be a NW2 then a NW6 (i mean with NOTHING not even a slight hint of hair) within a year or two. People might think you had chemo or are sick or something.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Losing all your hair fast is hard, for anyone. A friend from school, and this is a few years ago, was balding at the same rate as me, mainly receding. by the time he hit 21 he had been thinning up to this point, but still had full coverage of the scalp, six months later he was a NW5.

I only see him every then and again. It hit him hard, as we both joked about who was receding the worst etc...in our teens. Most times i saw him after this he had a hat on, and he told me his self esteem had never been so low, he tried rogain to no avail, but to late for propecia, he even told me he got a wig, but only wore it a few times and then decided against it.

Anyway, there is a point here: Saw him last week, first time in three years and he was hatless, buzzed down the horse shoe pattern hair and was looking rather trendy and confident. Had a quick chat with him about 'no hat' etc, and this guy is really open to me about his whole hair thing, as he termed it. Said his older brother, also bald, gave it to him straight and made him grade 1 the remaining hair and forced him to come out with him. He still wishes he had hair but no longer lets it hold him back. Also called me a bastard for still having maintained my nw3 since i last saw him, good to know.

Goes to show, that although initially floored by hair loss, it can be accepted and put behind you. I guess my mate was wearing hats and shutting himself away for a few years, but never to late!

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f. said:

HatPrisoner91 said:
more stuff

alright, lets all agree that all of our situations suck in their own ways. its so pointless to argue about who is worse off and who is balder. because where does that get us? i certainly dont want to come out on top of that exchange. i feel bad for you guys because hair loss hit you so hard and fast. I just get bothered by the gloom and misery you guys sometimes bring to the table. young guys who are losing their hair shouldnt have to hear that sh*t. instead of posting about how miserable we all are and how much the world sucks, how about we start looking at the positive side of our situations. we all have the same problem. you guys have a bigger problem, yes, but you're also over 10 years older than me. in a couple years im gonna be a nw6 or nw7. i already shave my hair down to the skin because its way too thin to grow out and it looks dumb having the friar tuck style baldness where your hairline still exists but nothing behind it. so in reality i'm not that far off from you guys. the only difference is that i still have a bit of stubble on top. big deal. it still sucks ***.

anyway, i just wanna clear up all the bullshit between us. i'm off to a remote camp in the arctic in a couple days for another tour of work up until christmas. i've been off work for a few weeks now and i've had way too much spare time thats why ive been reading this board more often. and its fuckin depressing to read this sh*t. anyway, peace!