How do girls react to NW2's?

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I have NEVER heard a girl make a negative comment about NW2 hair, or a comment about it regarding hairloss at all positive or negative.

I simply don't think it registers with them. And it makes sense, before I started worrying about my hair someone had to be thin at the crown, have a bald spot or a massive forehead before I recognised them as balding.

I remember reading articles about Chris Martin from Coldplay worrying about his hairline, looking at him and seeing nothing wrong, thinking his hairline must have at one point been down at his eyebrows or something for him to be complaining about what it looked like now.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Losing all your hair fast is hard, for anyone. A friend from school, and this is a few years ago, was balding at the same rate as me, mainly receding. by the time he hit 21 he had been thinning up to this point, but still had full coverage of the scalp, six months later he was a NW5.

I only see him every then and again. It hit him hard, as we both joked about who was receding the worst etc...in our teens. Most times i saw him after this he had a hat on, and he told me his self esteem had never been so low, he tried rogain to no avail, but to late for propecia, he even told me he got a wig, but only wore it a few times and then decided against it.

Anyway, there is a point here: Saw him last week, first time in three years and he was hatless, buzzed down the horse shoe pattern hair and was looking rather trendy and confident. Had a quick chat with him about 'no hat' etc, and this guy is really open to me about his whole hair thing, as he termed it. Said his older brother, also bald, gave it to him straight and made him grade 1 the remaining hair and forced him to come out with him. He still wishes he had hair but no longer lets it hold him back. Also called me a bastard for still having maintained my nw3 since i last saw him, good to know.

Goes to show, that although initially floored by hair loss, it can be accepted and put behind you. I guess my mate was wearing hats and shutting himself away for a few years, but never to late!

Good post. It really goes to show that you may never have 199% of confidence back, but a good attitude change can make the difference between being pissed and feeling sorry for yourself, to being yourself with less hair.

-DH

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
I remember reading articles about Chris Martin from Coldplay worrying about his hairline, looking at him and seeing nothing wrong, thinking his hairline must have at one point been down at his eyebrows or something for him to be complaining about what it looked like now.

you know what i think? i think theres is some secret special treatment out there that rich people have that noone else does because they want the average joe to keep buying rogaine transplants and wigs.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
emex4 said:
Hammer87 said:

you know what i think? i think theres is some secret special treatment out there that rich people have that noone else does because they want the average joe to keep buying rogaine transplants and wigs.

It's free wigs and a team of 4 stylists applying them for you

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
Thinking about it, I have NEVER heard a girl make a negative comment about NW2 hair, or a comment about it regarding hairloss at all positive or negative.

I simply don't think it registers with them. And it makes sense, before I started worrying about my hair someone had to be thin at the crown, have a bald spot or a massive forehead before I recognised them as balding.

I've found that it's mainly insecure guys that mention my hairline. Maybe it makes them feel better that they still have a full head of hair, or maybe they are scared it will happen to them too. 99% of people I have met have never said anything about my hair loss. I don't think it's as big of a deal as we sometimes think it is.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed the ones who recieve comments are those who try to hide it, and then people make comments almost as if 'to let them know'.

My friends who throw in the odd quip about their own hair e.g. 'They won't ask me for ID, not with this hairline!'. recieve no comments at all. And my circle of friends are notoriously harsh to each other, but it's like if they're happy with themself (happy enough to make light of their situation), what can I take the piss out of them about? lol.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I used to try and make light of the situation to try and deter other people from making comments .... it did'nt really work. :(

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I think sharpening your wit is kind of a must when you find yourself in this situation. If someone has the audacity to insult me about hair loss, then I will use my wit to defend myself or insult them but never to depreciate myself. Maybe I'm taking myself too seriously. The way I see it, we already kind of have our backs against the wall. Why should I degrade myself for some total bean to make him feel better about trying to make me feel like sh*t. :smack:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its the 'take away the power theory' thats why black men started using the word ******** because it cant be used as an insult against them if they use it themselves.
So a bald guy making fun of his own hairloss is saying "go ahead it does'nt it does'nt hurt me".

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I just think people should be more considerate and sensitive and less superficial and judgmental, idealistic as that is.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Self depreciation is actually a extremely good technique for pulling girls (Backed up by a recent study I read)

For example I do it all the time, usually about my physique (I'm quite skinny), or intelligence (I'm actually bright, but often speak without thinking). i.e. Things that don't matter too bad as it's better to be skinny than fat. e.g. I'll say something deliberately stupid and then say 'Oh I just heard myself, I swear I'm the dumbest person I know'.

On the first level, a lot of girls find it 'cute' or 'enchanting'. On a deeper level, a girl A) Thinks you're not arrogant and down to earth and B) on an even deeper level believes if you can appreciate the flaws in yourself, you won't judge her on her flaws.

This works amazingly for me, just don't tell too many people. :nono: :)

I'm going to do it about my hair soon, I told my bald mate to do it on his birthday, 3 hours later he pulled his hot girlfriend who he still has to this day. I'm not saying it was purely because of what I told him but it may have been.