Irishpride86's Story - (22 / Propecia 7 month update PICS!)

LosingTouch

Reaction score
Re: Irishpride86's Story - (22 / Propecia 4 mounth update PICS!)

I'm no expert, but you look like a Norwood 1. Maybe you just have thin hair, certainly no male pattern baldness..

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey

I don't see any scalp/thinning in the back/sides(non-male pattern baldness areas). It must not be Telogen Effluvium then. Nice baseline photos though. Should be easier to tell now. You should make sure no hair is matted down to your head though for the wet ones so you can see the scalp better though.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

It looks a bit better than it did at your worst on propecia, impossible to tell whether that is because you got off propecia or simply your body acclimatising to the finasteride.

Kaze makes a good point about it not being Telogen Effluvium, and even in the photos were it looked the worse you were losing it in the traditional horse shoe shape. Still doesn't make it less weird that you loss a lot in such a short time.

Whatever you choose to do here you need to stick with it for a while, going on and off doesn't help I'm sure.
Maybe you should think of telling a short version of this to the Doctor on Baldingblog.com and show him the two comparison pictures I used back on pg.16. See what he thinks of your situation and why it has changed so dramatically, you usually seems to respond, though his answers can be pretty cliche/by the book.
Worth a shot.

subb

Reaction score

why don't you use topical spironolactone?
i think that's the most logical if finasteride doesn't work

or am i full of sh*t?

muhu

Established Member
Reaction score

with your hair that short it's impossible to tell if you have mbp. Also don't you usually see scalp when it's buzzed anyway?

with that said you don't even have a hairline. Yu sure you're balding?

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
Ok you guys have been asking for more pics of my hair... this is with a 3 on the sides and a 5 on the top.

I took lots of when its wet,dry and in normal night..

My hair looks worse and i really need to pick a program and stick with it..

Propecia
Jan 12th-may6, then restarted for 4 days june 16-20. Then stoped.

went through some really bad sheds... it was bad and I want to stay on it but I can't bare to lose as much hair as I did... ( look on my first page to see the proepcia results)

Nizoral
I have been using it for 2x a weel leave in 2-3 mins since March.

Current Program since june 19th

Omega-3 take 3 times a day. with dpa & epa
Green tea x2 a day
Biosil 2x a day
Nizoral 2x a week
Nioxin shampoo and cond. on days of nizoral
Vive pro thicking shampoo on non nizoral days...

As you guys can see the pics are bad.... shoudl I wait and hold out still to see what my hair does after propecia..or should I get back on propecia and START Rogaine as well... Propecia may have started my male pattern baldness and made it worse but Im still thinking staying on proepcia and getting on Rogaine would be a good idea...IDK

I need you guys to look at the pics as well as look at my pics throughout the tread and suggest to me what I should do.

Ryan

I'm diffuse thinning like this, it isn't good and I only realised when I shaved my hair short and it looked like I was bald. My hairline has receded though but yours looks intact. I just started finasteride, around 1mg per day, I am hoping this can turn my situation around. I didn't see my diffuse thinning as too serious until I saw you worrying about it.. makes me feel like I am at last chance doors.

muhu

Established Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
muhu said:
with your hair that short it's impossible to tell if you have mbp. Also don't you usually see scalp when it's buzzed anyway?

with that said you don't even have a hairline. Yu sure you're balding?

wtf ??? dude I so WISH that was the case... you need to look throughout my tread... and you can see im losing LOTS of hair...

Anyway people please read the previous page and tell me what I should do..

Thanks again guys !!!

I saw your first pics and it doesn't look like you're balding..on this last set of pics your hairline looks good with the buzzcut

amsch

Reaction score

Irishpride, you said your hair improved after stopping finasteride, and was still improving... why did you get back on it?

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score

Can someone look at the last pic he posted and tell me if that looks like thinning in a non-male pattern baldness area, right behind his ear???

Also, irish just ignore the people who say you are not balding and are too lazy to read your forum. By the way im still thinning on propecia. I just passed 8 months. Recently I can no longer cover my head now where it parts in the vertex. Im getting the handfulls of hair when i shampoo now and i never had that before.

LosingTouch

Reaction score

That's what I'm saying, his hair is thin all over - not male pattern baldness thinning..

amsch

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
losing touch,

How many times do I have ti say this..... male pattern baldness comes in two ways.... the Norwood SCALE OR DIFFUSE THINING....

I have diffuse thinning...
Wrong.

Diffuse thinning (connected to male pattern baldness) mean losing hair all over on the male pattern baldness AREAS (= top of head). Not sides and back.

So after looking at the pics on the previous page, this could indeed be some other issue. Telogen Effluvium, thyroid or something like that.

Ask some expert about this, like Dr. Lee or so. (minoxidil.com) or peter proctor (can't find the site right now)

amsch

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
amsch said:
irishpride86 said:
losing touch,

How many times do I have ti say this..... male pattern baldness comes in two ways.... the Norwood SCALE OR DIFFUSE THINING....

I have diffuse thinning...
Wrong.

Diffuse thinning (connected to male pattern baldness) mean losing hair all over on the male pattern baldness AREAS (= top of head). Not sides and back.

So after looking at the pics on the previous page, this could indeed be some other issue. Telogen Effluvium, thyroid or something like that.

Ask some expert about this, like Dr. Lee or so. (minoxidil.com) or peter proctor (can't find the site right now)

So you really think I may have Telogen Effluvium or THYROID PROBLEM.....i'm getting blood tests done once i get 1.500 bucks saved because im getting like 11 diff. tests for everything that could cause hairloss....

your the odd ball here... based on my pics everyone said i had male pattern baldness and to stay on propecia and even go on rogaine...

Ryan

First of all: What's an odd ball?

However, look. You started propecia and lost LOTS of hair within months. After you quit it, your hair grew back and continued to improve. Than you started propecia again, and things were going downhill.

Btw, 1500 bucks? Please change your Doctor, I can't believe that every Doctor charges that much for thyroid blood tests. Go to another one and tell him about some symptoms and you want to check your blood.

amsch

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
like I said above shes checkinh more than 10 diff. blood tests... thats why its so much..

Ryan
Like I said: There surely must be a Doctor who doesn't rip you off that badly.

lazman

Reaction score

hey man

my hair looks EXACTLY like yours, same uniformely thin all over. im truly hoping what we are both experiencing is just a bout of Telogen Effluvium, (which i know happened to me after being superstressed, my hair just melted off) and not the awful DUPA. i guess only time will tell the difference. but i even read some stories when people just gave up on their Telogen Effluvium regrowing and it suddenly happened years later...

i truly hope for both of us that its just Telogen Effluvium and regrowth will follow eventually. the best would be for us to get a minituarization study on the non-male pattern baldness areas to get the diagnosis of DUPA or the relief that its not.

i had massive amount of blood tests and all endocrine tests possible (thank god its all free here). and they revealed absolutely nothing. everything was perfect. so unless you're lucky and its thyroid or maybe an infected tooth or other possible persisting infection you will probably end up like me: clueless

i find the best hairstyle for me is growing it out long, licked back and using a tiny amount of dermmatch right behind the hairline, behind it the hairs just layer each other as well as on the sides

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

It clearly isn't Telogen Effluvium and you don't need to spend a bunch of money to find an answer that is already right in front of you dude.
file.php

It is the traditional horse shoe pattern, blatantly obvious I believe. IP himself said he knew he was balding at the start, why else would you start Propecia? There is no doubt the result from using it is unusual and weird, but it is still stemming from male pattern baldness. That photo where it looks thin behind the ear is because the hair is shorter on the sides (#3) and is wet. The pic I posted though shows the thickness of the sides compared to the areas of male pattern baldness.

Just saying I don't think it is worth coughing out all this cash only to be in the same position as you started, but that is just my opinion.

How's your hair looking anyways IP after 2 months without finasteride?

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score

its diffuse male pattern baldness plus Telogen Effluvium. the Telogen Effluvium from propecia made it shed all over which is why its thinner on top. that much scalp shouldnt be seen in a non male pattern baldness area like his photo shows. id be willing to bet that area thickens up in a month even when wet. we will see.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

well didnt you get confirmed from a doctor that finasteride gave you RH?

so if that is the case i would stay off finasteride

maybe consider a growth stimulant
and an positive attitude