Is Anyone Using spironolactone + Duta For Awhile Without Sides?

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish i could get rid of this itch man! Had some days of no itching and it felt heavenly... I almost didn't remember the feeling (or lack of feelings) of a normal scalp :rolleyes:

I think @Dench57 experienced excessive itching after taking finasteride. I wonder if he has any tips on how to control it.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't scalp itch caused by excess of scalp dht? My knowledge is limited in the area so I may be wrong. The androgencity that I experienced was a result of androgen receptors becoming extremely sensitive. But what I don't understand is why my hair became oily. Is there some sort of relationship between receptor sensitivity and excess sebum production? Or perhaps the mechanism that makes the receptors sensitive somehow also increases sebum production.

You said it ... yeah ... androgen receptors are sensitive and consequently there is an increase in sebum production, an increase in libido, an increase in male traits ...
I have no sebum, even if I have itchy.

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The itching is caused by inflammation most likely.. But the inflammation is caused by who knows what... :( I already had an itching scalp when i went to the derm the first time before finasteride, the difference is that back then i wasn't shedding .. I do think that androgens do have a role in the itch, to what extend i don't know... Or if it's even only dht ...

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@BaldingGuy : maybe an pgd2 inhibitor is a cure for us ? ... maybe not.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is your hair status? Are you losing diffusely or pattern? I thought I was diffuse at first, but as my hair loss progressed I see that there's somewhat of a pattern lol. My hairline is intact, the top of my head is thinning in a typical christmas tree pattern, the sides are thinning too almost all the way down but the back and nape is thick. Very odd pattern.
I’m still losing hair fast. My hairloss pattern is all kinds of whacked. So when I first began losing my hair, it was diffuse with total hairline circumference recession, like retrograde alopecia. Nape, sides, ears, temples - the whole thing was receding. Also have body hair thinning which includes brows and lashes. I do have Androgenetic Alopecia because I got a biopsy done and I have a lot of miniturisation especially at the hairline. Oral minoxidil does and did help and even regrew my hairline but for whatever reason I go through this pattern where I get bursts of growth for like 2-3 months and my hairline regrows, then for the rest of the year my hair seems to stop growing and my hairline unnaturally recedes all the way around again, and my hair everywhere gets thinner and thinner. I have to use lash and brow serums plus bimatoprost to help my lashes and brows. I also have pronounced thinning at thinning at the top and crown of my head, and my part is always getting wider. Supposedly what I have is some weird *** blend of Androgenetic Alopecia and menopausal estrogenic hairloss. The latter I guess is what should explain the hairline and body, but hrt hasn’t worked so who knows. Thus far Diane and spironolactone have done nothing. I’ve also been on avodart almost 3 months and nothing. I still lose huge volumes of hair and have done throughout the whole experience. I have no other hormonal issues other than low low estrogen and high cortisol. This may interest you. http://www.sitri.it/document/low-local-estrone-alopecia/

Essentially it’s an article which discusses how female alopecia is more about deficiencies in follicular estrogen than anything else. There’s a photo there that states “low local estrogen, elevate 17OP progesterone”. This intrigues me, because. Never had low progesterone, just estrogen. Makes me wonder if being on a combined contraceptive is useful when it’s really estrogen that needs to be elevated more than anything. I’m considering trying a topical estrogen.. but I’m unsure how to go about it. The only ones that are sold for hairloss are 17-alpha. There’s something telling me that estrogen is more important than anything else for us. I may look into proper HRT with compounded triestrodiol, whilst using a topical. Regardless, I’m not going down without a fight. Since no medical doctor motherfucker wants to help me, I’ll find the answers and help myself.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
You said it ... yeah ... androgen receptors are sensitive and consequently there is an increase in sebum production, an increase in libido, an increase in male traits ...
I have no sebum, even if I have itchy.

Do you think it also impacts face? Some people who hadn't seen me from pre finasteride days commented that my face looks less attractive. One comment specifically said "The youthful innocence of your face is gone". I am hoping the change they noticed was a result of me not being able to sport super dense, NW0, slicked back and long hair style any more.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it also impacts face? Some people who hadn't seen me from pre finasteride days commented that my face looks less attractive. One comment specifically said "The youthful innocence of your face is gone". I am hoping the change they noticed was a result of me not being able to sport super dense, NW0, slicked back and long hair style any more.
I know that minoxidil does that to my face

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pjhair : I still look young (16-23yo) even if I'm 33 now, with a cap of course lol. But I dropped Cyproterone a week ago after 6 months, maybe I will look a lot older because of the testosterone return with vengeance :/
I don't know if it was because or thanks of dutasteride I look so young and my skin is so soft. And the other hand my hair ...
We're all aging, hair loss or not, maybe you look older just because ... I don't know. Sorry I don't know because I experience the opposite and I don't know why.

It may be the normal aging but the change in face was noticeable to others pretty soon after finasteride. It probably had to do with me not being able to keep long hair though. Long dense hair added something to my face.

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@BaldingGuy : maybe an pgd2 inhibitor is a cure for us ? ... maybe not.

Maybe!! It's good thinking ... Have to research ways of inhibiting pgd2.. I've read somewhere about a med that does that... The problem is that it also affects the pge2 which is important for the hair..

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that minoxidil does that to my face

You are brave for taking minoxidil despite it's impact on your face. Skin and face are my greatest assets and I am terrified at the prospect of messing them up with minoxidil. I recently thought about taking it but couldn't go through with it. But I may feel differently if my hair loss ever gets aggressive.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it gave you bloated face?
I think minoxidil gives a more aged look to my face... You did not used minoxidil?

No I just took finasteride. I was thinking about starting minoxidil recently but backed down. My face wasn't bloated by finasteride but something was changed. It's hard to put a finger on what it was.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@BaldingGuy : Inhouse. But I still don't receive it. I have problems with french customs so I made it sent to Sweden, I hope it will work out.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like this :)
High cortisol is also bad for your hair. Have you adapted your diet for that? I also believe I read violent work out promotes high cortisol... reading stuff about PCOS may interest you.
Sadly the high cortisol is part of my condition and was there without exercise. I can’t do much other than “try to relax” *eyeroll*

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pasbrillantebrunette : That's very sad ... Have you considered trying sulfa, seti, tm, oc ... ? The hormonal way is not the best obviously :/

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I haven’t and I have thought about it, but it would be sort of useless I think.
I am chronically depressed with high anxiety levels.

Yeah ... Same here :/ and it's not helping with hair loss. f*** !!!