Is It True That Replicel Will Be Released This Year?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but they would profit mightily if the treatment is released.

I feel like they should be explaining why the science is sound and why it’s safe. Instead they make vague, buzzword-laden PR statements about a bunch of nonsense. When pressed for specifics - about the allegedly groundbreaking treatment they created - they say “talk to Shiseido.” Is that how you would act about the treatment you created that will be a game changer for hair loss?

Bro are we gonna make it?

br1

Reaction score
I believe the science behind it is well explained. Don't get your point.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score

I don’t know, I’m no scientist.

The talk in this video about people not responding because they didn’t follow “the protocol” and because of shipment delays - did not inspire confidence in me:

I’m not scientifically minded but the general vibe doesn’t smell right.

Also take a look at the guy giving the talk - there’s your answer. The “rich/scientific/older/higher-minded dudes don’t care” argument only goes so far.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s bcs they have nothing to say lmao. You guys are reaching and already assuming everything is according to plan...to make you sleep better at night without crying.

Lol, calm your tits son, i'm just reaching your mother here

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How people read into the most meaningless of details is hysterical.
source.gif

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you seen her pics? She has alot of hair (at least compared to most of us baldies here). She's probably just exaggerating about not having any donor hair.
No idiot, I mean I’m diffusing and don’t have anywhere that isn’t affected by miniturisation.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
How people read into the most meaningless of details is hysterical.

If this is I reference to moi, it’s hardly meaningless when the chief science officer of the company acknowledges that responses to the proposed therapy were wildly inconsistent, trying to explain it away with things getting stuck in the mail...lol...a classic bullshit excuse from any grifter: “Didn’t get the check? Well, I sent it!”

I also don’t buy the “it was just for safety” excuse for the piss poor results of Phase 1.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is I reference to moi, it’s hardly meaningless when the chief science officer of the company acknowledges that responses to the proposed therapy were wildly inconsistent, trying to explain it away with things getting stuck in the mail...lol...a classic bullshit excuse from any grifter: “Didn’t get the check? Well, I sent it!”

I also don’t buy the “it was just for safety” excuse for the piss poor results of Phase 1.

It is funny. And yeah, I see your point to an extent.
But as far as the poor Phase 1 results are concerned, someone here had explained that it was only one injection whereas in Phase 2 they are doing multiple injections.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
It is funny. And yeah, I see your point to an extent.
But as far as the poor Phase 1 results are concerned, someone here had explained that it was only one injection whereas in Phase 2 they are doing multiple injections.

We’ll see. But in the video I posted, the science officer says they used too many cells in the injections - the skin can only absorb so much apparently. So in the future they plan on injecting less. But maybe multiple injections of less cellular material is some kind of sweet spot? Sounds implausible to me but I don’t know. Hope they are right.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
We’ll see. But in the video I posted, the science officer says they used too many cells in the injections - the skin can only absorb so much apparently. So in the future they plan on injecting less. But maybe multiple injections of less cellular material is some kind of sweet spot? Sounds implausible to me but I don’t know. Hope they are right.
He said they used too much??
Are these some trials Replicel is doing on its own, independently of Shiseido?

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
He said they used too much??
Are these some trials Replicel is doing on its own, independently of Shiseido?

He was talking about Phase 1 - done by Replicel. He said they discovered there’s an “upper limit” to how many cells can be accepted by the skin at the injection site.

He tries to spin it by saying since it was a safety trial it’s good that patients safely received lots and lots of cells! Only pesky downside being that several patients had no regrowth whatsoever and several others had an increase of hair loss...

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

If the shoe fits...

Anyway, the person that continued to lose hair was due to improper handling of the cells as he explained.

Everyone else maintained or saw an increase, with the highest responder seeing a 20% increase.

Now, we could go with your conspiracy theories that everyone is just lying or some sh*t, or we could use Occam's razor here and go with the simplest explanation: It works, but there was an overdose and a SNAFU in the handling.

There is literally nothing on the market that can maintain your hair that ISN'T a drug with potentially bad side effects yet; this thing is slated to be the first and still you b**ch and cry about "piss poor" results on something that probably isn't going to regrow a fullhead of hair right from the get go.

You're like a f*****g whiny child about all this stuff. Every thread, every fuckin' one in this subforum, you show up, read into even the most minute of things, and spin all this sky-is-falling bullshit from it. I don't understand why you don't just accept baldness since you're not going to be satisfied with anything. Grow up.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
If the shoe fits...

Anyway, the person that continued to lose hair was due to improper handling of the cells as he explained.

Everyone else maintained or saw an increase, with the highest responder seeing a 20% increase.

Now, we could go with your conspiracy theories that everyone is just lying or some sh*t, or we could use Occam's razor here and go with the simplest explanation: It works, but there was an overdose and a SNAFU in the handling.

There is literally nothing on the market that can maintain your hair that ISN'T a drug with potentially bad side effects yet; this thing is slated to be the first and still you b**ch and cry about "piss poor" results on something that probably isn't going to regrow a fullhead of hair right from the get go.

You're like a f*****g whiny child about all this stuff. Every thread, every fuckin' one in this subforum, you show up, read into even the most minute of things, and spin all this sky-is-falling bullshit from it. I don't understand why you don't just accept baldness since you're not going to be satisfied with anything. Grow up.

Okay dude but eventually the bill is coming due for all the checks your mouth has been writing. He didn’t even definitively say that being held up in customs was the reason for the non responders, only that “they think” that might be the reason. And the customs excuse only explains SOME of the non-responders, that’s clear when you watch the video. He didn’t bother to offer further explanation for the others.

This is now May of 2018, aka the groundbreaking, game-changing, paradigm-shifting year for androgenetic alopecia. There is nothing concrete, nothing tangible, nothing definitive. Pointing that out is not focusing on minute details. It’s the elephant in the room.

I like to have hope as much as anyone but it’s got to be rooted in something. How long has this generation of users been on this website? And how much progress have we seen? Real world progress - not studies and promises and possibilities. You don’t have to be chicken little to notice the answer to that.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay dude but eventually the bill is coming due for all the checks your mouth has been writing. He didn’t even definitively say that being held up in customs was the reason for the non responders, only that “they think” that might be the reason. And the customs excuse only explains SOME of the non-responders, that’s clear when you watch the video. He didn’t bother to offer further explanation for the others.

This is now May of 2018, aka the groundbreaking, game-changing, paradigm-shifting year for androgenetic alopecia. There is nothing concrete, nothing tangible, nothing definitive. Pointing that out is not focusing on minute details. It’s the elephant in the room.

I like to have hope as much as anyone but it’s got to be rooted in something. How long has this generation of users been on this website? And how much progress have we seen? Real world progress - not studies and promises and possibilities. You don’t have to be chicken little to notice the answer to that.

Friend, I like you and I know you have been waiting patiently.

Phase 1 results were pretty good. 1 time injection. Safe for up to five years even though an "overdose" was given. Majority of patients remained above baseline - miniaturization ceased. A few patients continued balding. Of the few, at least two are suspected of receiving treatment outside protocol - their medication was held up at customs and expired. In a sense this is not speculation. Either the protocol was violated or it wasn't. It isn't unbelievable that these cell cultures have an expiration date.

Phase 1 was *not* powered for efficacy. You will never get your answers about this method's efficacy through the phase one results alone. One can speculate, however, that if the technology were working as intended, the results that we DO see from phase 1 are as we expect.

You've waited this long. You can wait until June-end of the year for the data readout from Shiseido's phase II trial which IS geared toward efficacy to a greater extent.

It is not yet time to celebrate.
But neither is it time to denigrate.
The verdict is not out yet because that data are unavailable.
Such is life, and such is research.
But the odds are favorable. Much more favorable than an Italian lotion with no official studies or pictures but with spectacular claims.

Last edited:

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The science in anything on here makes sense to desperate baldies. Every snake oil scam that ever came out had at least one goober say “science in this makes sense”.

And what do you do for a living again? How are you qualified to judge what is or what is not well explained? Are you a scientist?

Lmao even legit scientists who’s been working on hairloss for 5-30 years are still f*****g with mice.

br1

Reaction score
The science in anything on here makes sense to desperate baldies. Every snake oil scam that ever came out had at least one goober say “science in this makes sense”.

And what do you do for a living again? How are you qualified to judge what is or what is not well explained? Are you a scientist?

Lmao even legit scientists who’s been working on hairloss for 5-30 years are still f*****g with mice.
Read the results of the 1st phase. Unless you think it's all lies and a big conspiracy to continue selling propecia. Whatever floats your boat. We'll see phase2 results later this year.

c'ya.