Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me where the photos in @d3nt3dsh0v3l’s post came from? The photos in my post are the photos from Sitri. Did they touch up
They replaced the shitty male Sitri results with the 'leaked' results, assumedly leaked by the people who had early access to this publication.

Also the study itself said there was no increase in hair count. So how the hell do people think there's regrowth when factually there is no measurable regrowth? In order to get the regrowth you think you're seeing, there'd need to be hundreds upon hundreds of new hairs.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They replaced the shitty male Sitri results with the 'leaked' results, assumedly leaked by the people who had early access to this publication.

Do you not see improvement over the photos from Sitri? Is that just me?

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Somebody posted HD version of that set of photos awhile ago. The illusion of difference is completely due to the direction the hair is combed and the fact that it's freshly shampooed and dry and fluffy instead of wet and greasy. Again, the study itself showed there was no increase in hair count, so there physically can't be more hair. It is a manipulative illusion.

Dinnosaur

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

From both pictures, they are undewhelming and I can see both side of the spectrum. On one hand looks like great cover-up game on the other it looks like slight regrowth.

NYM2018

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s crazy the measures acbrantlin will go to disprove this lotion (though baseless and mostly bogus claims) something I will never understand.

Why are you here ? It’s just clogging this thread. You don’t think it will work, ur opinion is noted, goodbye.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s crazy the measures acbrantlin will go to disprove this lotion (though baseless and mostly bogus claims) something I will never understand.

Why are you here ? It’s just clogging this thread. You don’t think it will work, ur opinion is noted, goodbye.

@acbrantlin, it seems we are both no longer welcomed here. I’m glad I’m not a lone pariah.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How many times does it have to be said, I'm here because I want this to work. I've never even shared my opinion. All I do is point out the clear inconsistencies and lies, never my opinion. Brotzu has contradicted himself on multiple occasions. Borage oil is GLA. GLA converts to DGLA through delta6 elongase enzyme. Equol is just a phytoestrogen that they picked out of a hat that like all the other hair care products who use soy isoflavones. L-Carnitine is just another random amino acid picked out of a hat that 'help' cell metabolism. Six is greater than three. Lions don't live in the jungle. These aren't opinions or even criticisms. These are just factual statements.

Why didn't they include the phototrichograms in the study, like many other hair studies do? Why only show two manipulative pictures that give the illusion of regrowth despite their data showing that there's no increase in hair count, meaning that regrowth is impossible?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
praise Lord Brotzu, for it is He who provideth the path to Norwood 0. I woke up this morning as a believer, but I will most likely sleep at night as a disbeliever.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you tell me what makes you feel that you can justify your fidelity to Fidia and Brotzu given your previous experience? I ask because I’d sincerely like to do know. Not trying to be a smart ***. I’d like to know any reasons if there are any, because so far as I know, there aren’t.

Dude, I am just trying to stay optimistic. Everything about this lotion is 50/50. I'd like to believe it works. Fidia has done a lot of things wrong (the way they communicate for one), but also a lot of things right. They said they would release it by the end of 2018 (they will) and they made a study (not the best results, but there is improvement). On top of that we have seen positive results from the homemade lotion and studies showing how s-equol should work on male pattern baldness. What we don't know is how it will work individually and after the 6 months mark. That is why we have to try it ourselves. I think it's going to work differently for everyone, just like with finasteride. I can say one thing though. This probably won't be as effective as finasteride, because that is a really powerful drug, but I will be happy if it's 50% as effective. I just need something to delay my hairloss and improve my hair a little until something better comes out, which should happen within a few years. I doubt it's going to do much for people with aggressive balding, but probably works best for those with diffuse thinning and slow hairloss (like me).

People need to use what is available at the moment. It all comes down to how much you care about your hair and how much effort and time you want to put into trying different things to improve your situation. Me, personally, I use min 2 times a day, dermaroll (just started recently), use keto shampoo, use 4 types of oils, take biotin supplement, head massage daily. I started balding around the age of 17-18 and now I am over 30 with a full head of hair. Density is sh*t, but if I can get back 2 or 3x the density I'll be super happy. That is why I am looking forward to this so I can add it to my regimen.

Last edited:

NYM2018

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many times does it have to be said, I'm here because I want this to work. I've never even shared my opinion. All I do is point out the clear inconsistencies and lies, never my opinion. Brotzu has contradicted himself on multiple occasions. Borage oil is GLA. GLA converts to DGLA through delta6 elongase enzyme. Equol is just a phytoestrogen that they picked out of a hat that like all the other hair care products who use soy isoflavones. L-Carnitine is just another random amino acid picked out of a hat that 'help' cell metabolism. Six is greater than three. Lions don't live in the jungle. These aren't opinions or even criticisms. These are just factual statements.

Why didn't they include the phototrichograms in the study, like many other hair studies do? Why only show two manipulative pictures that give the illusion of regrowth despite their data showing that there's no increase in hair count, meaning that regrowth is impossible?

Fair points, apologies if I came off aggressive.

Dinnosaur

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, I am just trying to stay optimistic. Everything about this lotion is 50/50. I'd like to believe it works. Fidia has done a lot of things wrong (the way they communicate for one), but also a lot of things right. They said they would release it by the end of 2018 (they will) and they made a study (not the best results, but there is improvement). On top of that we have seen positive results from the homemade lotion and studies showing how s-equol should work on male pattern baldness. What we don't know is how it will work individually and after the 6 months mark. That is why we have to try it ourselves. I think it's going to work differently for everyone, just like with finasteride. I can say one thing though. This definitely won't be as effective as finasteride, because that is a really powerful drug, but I will be happy if it's 50% as effective. I just need something to delay my hairloss and improve my hair a little until something better comes out, which should happen within a few years. I doubt it's going to do much for people with aggressive balding, but probably works best for those with diffuse thinning and slow hairloss (like me).

People need to use what is available at the moment. It all comes down to how much you care about your hair and how much effort and time you want to put into trying different things to improve your situation. Me, personally, I use min 2 times a day, dermaroll (just started recently), use keto shampoo, use 4 types of oils, take biotin supplement, head massage daily. I started balding around the age of 17-18 and now I am over 30 with a full head of hair. Density is sh*t, but if I can get back 2 or 3x the density I'll be super happy. That is why I am looking forward to this so I can add it to my regimen.

I'm in the same boat , could you give me a reason why you think that it might help you regrow your density, assuming you have read the study.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat , could you give me a reason why you think that it might help you regrow your density, assuming you have read the study.

I haven't read the study actually, just getting my info from this thread, but I just want it to come out so I can try it. Money isn't an issue for me.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using it for over 7 years. Probably lost about 30% of my density since then.

And just using that? Of course it’s hard to tell, but I’d figure more of loss over that period of time using just that. I guess the real question is how long did it keep you above baseline so far as you could tell?

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"The number and percentage of anagen and telogen hairs in a given scalp area were measured using
a phototrichogram technique. In short, a 20-fold magnified photograph of a given (0.728-cm2) hairclipped
area of the scalp was taken using an epiluminescence microscope system (FotoFinder
Dermoscope, FotoFinder Systems GmbH, Bad Birnbach, Germany) and analyzed using a dedicated
image-analysis software (TrichoSchan, DermoScan GmbH, Regensburg, Germany) (Hoffmann et
al., 2002) that identifies and counts hairs in their telogen (length ≤ 0.65 mm) or anagen (length >
0.65 mm) phases. The 0.728 cm2 area is the maximum area that the Trichoscan software can
analyze."

This was in the study
That is just a fancy way to discribe pull and wash test i guess

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And just using that? Of course it’s hard to tell, but I’d figure more of loss over that period of time using just that. I guess the real question is how long did it keep you above baseline so far as you could tell?

Hard to say, but it's not like it has kept my hair like it was since then. It's getting thinner, but it's a slow process.

Last edited:

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to say, but it's not like it has kept my hair like it was since then. It's getting thinner, but it's a slow process.

Yeah, over that time period I definitely wouldn’t expect it to. But usually people bottom out after 2 years and come to either drop it or hop on finasteride. If minoxidil would treat me good for 2 years I’d jump on it. People just trash the hell out of it