Kythera Acquires Rights to PGD2 Inhibitor

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Can y'all tell if your nose used to clog up during the cold season and after you started losing your hair, it suddendly just vanished.

- - - Updated - - -

Just found this patent, interesting, increased levels of pgd2 are also connected to acne and rosacea. I have rosacea, at least I think, derms haven't figured it out yet. I'm so sure if there was a pill I could take that antagonizes the pgd2 receptor, I would be cured of both rosacea and hairloss. http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20110127ptan20110021599.php

I went over it just a bit and it looks interesting to have someone read it more in detail. Benji, care to do it?

Also, who are these people that write these patents, I mean Holly crap, they must have taken months for that massive complex patent.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Can y'all tell if your nose used to clog up during the cold season and after you started losing your hair, it suddendly just vanished.

- - - Updated - - -

I went over it just a bit and it looks interesting to have someone read it more in detail. Benji, care to do it?

Also, who are these people that write these patents, I mean Holly crap, they must have taken months for that massive complex patent.

I went over it a little bit too, but it's soooo long and complicated. Would be nice if somebody who understands it could explain it.
Btw , is pge2 also involved in hairloss?

- - - Updated - - -

Most of people with Androgenetic Alopecia talk about problems with sebum,

One study
K14-Ptgs2 transgenic mouse skin phenocopies Androgenetic Alopecia with alopecia, sebaceous gland hyperplasia, and elevated PGD2 levels in skin
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3319975/figure/F5/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3319975/

I know my scalp and face are superoily now, before my hairloss my scalp and face were dry. But can this just be one of the many symptoms instead of the cause?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went over it a little bit too, but it's soooo long and complicated. Would be nice if somebody who understands it could explain it.
Btw , is pge2 also involved in hairloss?

I know my scalp and face are superoily now, before my hairloss my scalp and face were dry. But can this just be one of the many symptoms instead of the cause?

Lower levels of PGE2 are actually found in a balding scalp than a non-balding scalp. PGE2 helps promote hair growth, and Minoxidil has been shown to increase the levels of PGE2.

My scalp used to get super oily before I started any legitimate treatments for my male pattern baldness. I don't seem to have that problem anymore since taking Dutasteride and using a Ketoconazole shampoo.

KiNGTyreZe

Banned
Reaction score
So what now guys? Seems like we stuck again and we won't make any progress in the next 5 years.
We can't even get the stuff but yet we complain that there's no treatment.

This hair loss community lacks of a leader. When will somebody lead everybody in the right direction?

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I miss Bryan TBH
The guy researched all the info needed and now we have very few here to do the same and they all are either pre occupied or just fighthing each other :sad:

KiNGTyreZe

Banned
Reaction score
Time for a leader who can lead us again. Things are not going good for us and if you guys want a change then we need to be a part of the change.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in buying 25 grams of (legit) Setipiprant for $340 USD, let me know. There's a group buy happening on another forum.

I'm planning on using 100mg orally every day, 50mg topically every day, which amounts to 150mg per day. With 25 grams on hand, this equates to:

25,000mg / 150 = 166 days

166 days = 5.3 months

That's quite a bit of usage.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm planning on using 100mg orally every day, 50mg topically every day, which amounts to 150mg per day. With 25 grams on hand, this equates to:

166 days = 5.3 months

Please tell us how it goes with using Setipiprant to treat your male pattern baldness hellouser, I wish you the best.

Thank you for all the research you've done and keeping us updated on the latest findings for alopecia.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please tell us how it goes with using Setipiprant to treat your male pattern baldness hellouser, I wish you the best.

Thank you for all the research you've done and keeping us updated on the latest findings for alopecia.

You know you can just join the group buy and give a go yourself too, right?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
can you link this group buy (pm if needed)

also what have been the results of guys who have tried this treatment

PM if youre interested and i'll tell you the details. Nobody has tried it yet as were just getting started on putting an order through. If we can get a lot of people on board, the price can be even cheaper (economies of scale).

Helios

Reaction score
Any guys from Europe in the group buy? Probably a bit more expensive if it needs to be shipped?

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
I miss Bryan TBH
The guy researched all the info needed and now we have very few here to do the same and they all are either pre occupied or just fighthing each other :sad:

I missed Bryan also , Especially these days , He was a great guy when it comes to knowledge , he also spent lots of time to help people , God Bless him , Even some people do not appreciate him because he likes DR.PROCTOR products , And I did lots of research about proctor and he did a patent for his products , thats not the scam by the way. He is so
knowledgeable also . Yes I think we all missed him .

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in buying 25 grams of (legit) Setipiprant for $340 USD, let me know. There's a group buy happening on another forum.

166 days = 5.3 months

I know that you know your stuff so I will follow your path and combine oral and topical use.

Maybe I will go a little higher and try 150 mg orally and 100 mg topically... that will give me 100 days and hopefully enough time to tell if its working or not. Since it has been safety tested with 1g per day in the asthma trial i believe 250 mg should be safe. What will you mix your Seti in for the topical use? Do you think its a good idea to mix it with minoxidil?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any guys from Europe in the group buy? Probably a bit more expensive if it needs to be shipped?

I think theres a guy from Sweden taking part, so europeans should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that you know your stuff so I will follow your path and combine oral and topical use.

Maybe I will go a little higher and try 150 mg orally and 100 mg topically... that will give me 100 days and hopefully enough time to tell if its working or not. Since it has been safety tested with 1g per day in the asthma trial i believe 250 mg should be safe. What will you mix your Seti in for the topical use? Do you think its a good idea to mix it with minoxidil?

I think minoxidil in this situation would be ideal. I say that because:

in Androgenetic Alopecia, PGD2 levels are increased and PGE2 levels are decreased. Reversing the two should give some good results. In any case, I'd throw the kitchen sink at it:

RU + SET + minoxidil + NIZORAL + CB + finasteride/dutasteride + DERMAROLLING

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
I think minoxidil in this situation would be ideal. I say that because:

in Androgenetic Alopecia, PGD2 levels are increased and PGE2 levels are decreased. Reversing the two should give some good results. In any case, I'd throw the kitchen sink at it:

RU + SET + minoxidil + NIZORAL + CB + finasteride/dutasteride + DERMAROLLING

I just hope that the Setipiprant will dissolve in minoxidil
Since I know you by now, I know that you already have investigated molecule weight and stuff so that we know it will go through the skin when applied topically ...right? :)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just hope that the Setipiprant will dissolve in minoxidil
Since I know you by now, I know that you already have investigated molecule weight and stuff so that we know it will go through the skin when applied topically ...right? :)

Yes, it's weight is fine. I'd recommend using a separate vehicle for it though; ethanol + PG at 70%/30% ratio respectively just like RU.