Maliniak Method

DarkDays

Reaction score
cyberprimate said:
Gravity doesn't explain why there's hairloss at the back of the head and not on the sides.

Depends on what you call the "back" of the head. If you are referring to the vertex it is actually high enough to suffer age and gravity.

Mind you, I am explaining how the skin is working on these areas, not how hair does. Whether hair and the skin play together regarding this is entirely another subject matter and I am not going to claim hair and skin stretching has anything to do with each other.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
When I'm on minoxidil, my scalp expands to the point that I can't wear the same hats anymore. Not quite "skull" expansion, but would the end result be similarly detrimental for hair, if this theory could be applied?

What exactly are the exercises? Could someone summarize them? I'm very familiar with Tom Haggerty's scalp exercises as I perform them daily.

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is not going to be your skull expand.. im not sure what to say about that.

My advice about the skull expansion exercises is:

buy the ebook
read it
understand it
apply it

Some will argue that me telling someone to buy it means im a rep or something promoting a hair loss product.

But the truth is, people should only be doing the techniques if they understand exactly why they should be doing them. There is no "one size fits all" solution with these techniques. They must be specifically applied in different areas based on each individuals hair loss.

If you don't like the techniques, you can request a refund for the ebook within 30 days.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
I always felt that also.... what I was 13-16 my head was alot bigger and rounder and when I got bigger my head shrunk and forehead went bigger....

And I can see this from pics and even m8s once asked me whats happen to my head lol, it literally shrunk and along it came hair loss.

Maybe in 20 years time they may figure out hair loss anyhow/

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
elliotramsey said:
minoxidil is not going to be your skull expand.. im not sure what to say about that.

Scalp, not skull. Anyone who's had massive facial bloating on minoxidil has probably noticed the forehead swell up as well. In my case, like I said, I can no longer wear the same hats. So, isn't the net result of this, the head getting bigger, having a similar detrimental impact on hair follicles as skull expansion...

elliotramsey said:
My advice about the skull expansion exercises is:

buy the ebook
read it
understand it
apply it

Some will argue that me telling someone to buy it means im a rep or something promoting a hair loss product.

But the truth is, people should only be doing the techniques if they understand exactly why they should be doing them. There is no "one size fits all" solution with these techniques. They must be specifically applied in different areas based on each individuals hair loss.

If you don't like the techniques, you can request a refund for the ebook within 30 days.

No thanks. I just read this thread. Praise the Internet!

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-topic/23571/page6

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
And the problem with that site is that they are so closed minded about ANYTHING other than the "approved" treatments that they will accuse anything of being a scam.

Theres another thread on that site where the author of the skull expansion theory came on and defended his theory. The posters could not legitimately challenge his argument, merely looking to other means to debunk the theory.

Me.

Yes, if you read that thread the name "elliotramsey" will pop up towards the end. I used to go by the name "danway" (because my name is actually Dan).

And when i began to loose my hair (18 at the time, now 19) i discovered Mr. Taylor's theory, and quite honestly, im glad i did because i was so desperate i would have bought into anything. After i read the ebook (which is not a 6 page scam template), everything made so much sense. After i had tried the techniques for a couple months there was definitely an improvement in the rate of hairloss. I've now been taking pictures since and theres definitely SOME temple regrowth (his method does guarantee total hair regrowth)

Anyways, i was so ecstatic that i went to these forums, completely naive about the fact that people spam for hairloss products on a regular basis), and typed up a post (several actually) that made it appear that i was just spamming for the ebook.

When people told me i was crazy and that i was just spamming for the thing, i decided to run a little experiment (a big mistake). I created a fake username (this one, based off my junk email account) and posted on forums with my pictures saying that i used a mainstream treatment, and, for the most part (although the regrowth forum will say otherwise), users responded saying that i maintained or regrew some hair (maintain is really what im going for). Obviously it was found out that i was the same person as danway, and things blew up for there. Instantly i was the "sales rep" and "the scammer", but it really wasn't like that at all.

Luckily this forum isn't as close-minded as the regrowth forum, and let me keep this username without threatening to set the police on me (yes, they threatened to contact the police). I'm obviously not a rep, or i wouldn't be considering different methods nor openly participating in discussion.

If you have any doubts about the SE theory, read what he posted in that forum, or contact him directly, he has always answered any question to the best of his ability. He also admits that his theory may not be 100% correct, there could be other factors going into it, but he's trying to get a study done on it.

Of course, the reason why i started this thread was because of the Maliniak Method and its effects on the galea. It got me thinking that SE could be related. Both methods may work, but because of different techniques and ways of approaching male pattern baldness.

Just wanted to get the sorted. I don't have anything against exploring new theories, but i myself believe the cause is SE, with the resulting tight galea an indirect cause.

Read further back if you need my theory again.

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to trick people. I'm only trying to share my point of view. When people ask "what are these techniques" i do tell them to get the ebook because i personally feel i can't explain it sufficiently. I would post the ebook, but theres a read protect on it. It only works on one computer and you can't take screenshots.

As far as being a liar, i admitted that i made a mistake and i've been honest about that. Clearly the way i approached the whole thing at the start was foolish, and as i said before, i was naively unaware of the skepticism and fragility of the hair loss community. For that im sorry. The participants of those forums do have every right to be skeptical.

I'm sorry if it seems like im shoving the idea of SE down people's throats. Like finasteride, minoxidil, and other treatments that people are using. SE exercises are what im using, i guess i can't help but try and put them out there a bit.

As for pictures.. i have some in my hair loss blog.

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't help but think that these guys are confusing correlation with causation.

The theory presents itself as follows: DHT causes skull expansion, which causes tightening of the galea aponeurotica, which then causes baldness.
While it is true that DHT causes bone growth, SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNTS of research proves that DHT has a direct damaging effect on the hair follicle on a cellular level.

Occam's Razor would suggest that SE and hair loss is simplya correlation, both occurring because of a common causative factor: DHT.

DHT causes SE through bone growth, AND, DHT causes hairloss by damaging the follicle.

DHT is the common cause, and SE occurring along with hair loss is simply a correlation.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I have always been intrigued as to why when follicles from the back of your head are transplanted to the front don't fall out and in contrast why follicles transplanted from your balding area transplanted elsewhere do.

This seems to me to debunk the theroy of skull expansion along with a few other obvious studies. I'm open to any other form of threatment that makes sense but this one does not IMO. :dunno:

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, topical anti- androgens that blocks and/or degrades the androgen receptor inhibits hair loss without shrinking the skull...

fight_the_power

Reaction score
His pics are impressive, if he only did that with his method.
He needs to post some other pics of other people who have been successful with this method, to build his credibility.
Hopefully anyone in here who tries it takes some pics.

cuebald

Reaction score
It if smells like a scam, it probably is. Anyone got a leak of this ebook?

DarkDays

Reaction score
I have the E-Book and although an interesting read it isn't anything big.

Basically it is galea muscle massage(he doesn't say how, only that it works, which is in my mind stupid. At least the Scalp Exercise guy tries to tell you how to move your scalp) and to use what basically amounts to an esoteric sex toy.

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
The guy did go from being almost completely bald to growing quite a bit of hair.. So the question is, how did he do it??

fight_the_power

Reaction score
I would like to know what is different about his method of massaging the galea is different then what Tom Haggerty proposed on his website. It seems like a similar approach.

fight_the_power

Reaction score
IT seems like it would be so easy to post a video on youtube of how he massages the galea. I guess he doesnt think he can charge people if he did that but at least include a video to the people who purchase his product.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
fight_the_power said:
IT seems like it would be so easy to post a video on youtube of how he massages the galea. I guess he doesnt think he can charge people if he did that but at least include a video to the people who purchase his product.

Very good point! If you have the book and do the exercises already than you COULD post a quick vid showing everyone how to do them thus helping others.

Great idea!

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
I have always been intrigued as to why when follicles from the back of your head are transplanted to the front don't fall out and in contrast why follicles transplanted from your balding area transplanted elsewhere do.

Maybe because after decades of dht attack galea follicles are structurally damaged and unable to get back to normal growth even transplanted on the occipitalis (as they're still in touch with androgens there). And because they haven't been subject to dht damage as much, occipitalis follicles can grow hair for a long time once on the galea before getting altered and miniaturizing but only after years and years. Just a hypothesis, i'm not claiming it's the definitive explanation.

I've posted it somewhere else on HairLossTalk.com but i'll do it again here, the following study goes in the same direction as the galea/dht hypothesis (defended by Leon Maliniak although not precisely the same way). It describes the process as follows:
tight galea >> reduced blow flow >> hypoxia (lack of oxygen) >> more dht conversion >> follicle damage
This confirms that dht is a central factor and it could explain why balding happens only on the galea. If all this is true, we have the 2 central pieces of the male pattern baldness puzzle.

"There is a relative microvascular insufficiency to regions of the scalp that lose hair in male pattern baldness. We have identified a previously unreported tissue hypoxia (condition in which a region is deprived of adequate oxygen supply) in bald scalp compared with hair-bearing scalp."

"Mechanistically, the scalp behaves like a drum skin with tensioning muscles around the periphery. These muscle groups—the frontalis, occipitalis, and periauricular muscles and to a minor degree the temporalis—can create a “tightâ€￾ scalp when chronically active. Because the blood supply to the scalp enters through the periphery, a reduction in blood flow would be most apparent at the distal ends of the vessels, specifically, the vertex and frontal peaks. Areas of the scalp with sparse hair growth have been shown to be relatively hypoxic, have slow capillary refill, and to have high levels of dihydrotestosterone.
Conceptually, Botox “loosensâ€￾ the scalp, reducing pressure on the perforating vasculature, thereby increasing blood flow and oxygen concentration. The enzymatic conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is oxygen dependent. In low-oxygen environments, the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is favored; whereas in high-oxygen environments, more testosterone is converted to estradiol. Blood flow may therefore be a primary determinant in follicular health. Strategically placed Botox injections appear able to indirectly modify this variable, resulting in reduced hair loss and new hair growth in some men with androgenetic alopecia."

http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/F ... um.79.aspx

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
fight_the_power said:
I would like to know what is different about his method of massaging the galea is different then what Tom Haggerty proposed on his website. It seems like a similar approach.

The Maliniak massages are applied with your fingers, while Tom Hagerty's method is a scalp exercise. For it you don't use your fingers but instead alternately contract muscles in the scalp area.

I personally think Tom Hagerty's scalp exercise is more effective than just massaging. Although it probably would be beneficial to do both.

I don't think theres much question as to weather Tom Hagerty is credible. He offers his information for free and a lot of the time gives you the harsh truth, it doesn't always work. And for it to work, you have to work HARD at it. I'm sure most people who tried it and said it doesn't work haven't done it nearly as often. I think the same can be said for the skull expansion techniques (i know it can for me, i don't normally have time to do them 3 times a day), but thats a different story.

Luckily i was always able to use the muscles for the scalp exercise, so doing it is just habit and second nature. I'm starting to think that it, and other methods are beginning to show results