Maliniak Method

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
cyberprimate said:
PropeciaJunkie said:
I have always been intrigued as to why when follicles from the back of your head are transplanted to the front don't fall out and in contrast why follicles transplanted from your balding area transplanted elsewhere do.

Maybe because after decades of dht attack galea follicles are structurally damaged and unable to get back to normal growth even transplanted on the occipitalis (as they're still in touch with androgens there). And because they haven't been subject to dht damage as much, occipitalis follicles can grow hair for a long time once on the galea before getting altered and miniaturizing but only after years and years. Just a hypothesis, i'm not claiming it's the definitive explanation.
snipped..

I do not know if you have had in mind that the hair cycle lasts less than a decade. The new hairs are created completely from scratch, so it is impossible decades of DHT attack.

cuebald

Reaction score
How is this just not a rehash of Balayam ?

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
armandein said:
cyberprimate said:
PropeciaJunkie said:
I have always been intrigued as to why when follicles from the back of your head are transplanted to the front don't fall out and in contrast why follicles transplanted from your balding area transplanted elsewhere do.

Maybe because after decades of dht attack galea follicles are structurally damaged and unable to get back to normal growth even transplanted on the occipitalis (as they're still in touch with androgens there). And because they haven't been subject to dht damage as much, occipitalis follicles can grow hair for a long time once on the galea before getting altered and miniaturizing but only after years and years. Just a hypothesis, i'm not claiming it's the definitive explanation.
snipped..

I do not know if you have had in mind that the hair cycle lasts less than a decade. The new hairs are created completely from scratch, so it is impossible decades of DHT attack.

I'm speaking follicles here. Not hair.

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
How is this just not a rehash of Balayam ?

Could you please read the study i posted above?

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
Transcutaneous P o2 of the Scalp in Male Pattern Baldness: A New Piece to the Puzzle.
Is it the reference of this sentence? "In low-oxygen environments, the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is favored; whereas in high-oxygen environments, more testosterone is converted to estradiol"
I would like know more....

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
No it's from the study itself, not its references.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
I would normally be skeptical, to say the least. However...

No lie. My head size has rapidly increased (several hat sizes) since hair loss started kicking in very aggressively less than a year ago. Could this be your theory at work, given the rather short time-frame?

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds irrelevant to me.

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
I already explained myself before and admitted that i made stupid choices.

I would like to point out though that when they said my name "matched the name of a rep for a marketing company promoting the ebook"..

Thats a downright lie. First, to my knowledge the only one i have seen promoting the skull expansion ebook is the author himself. When you send him a question, he answers. I can tell because the way he communicates in his book is exactly the way he communicates when you talk to him personally. Also if you type in the name of that book, you might find websites where you can post articles or press releases, but they are all by the same guy.

That and the fact that my name really isn't associated with with a "rep".

I'm pretty sure they threw that in to add a little discredit on my part. It sure worked. Then again, that site promotes drugs, lasers, and all other kinds of mainstream treatments, so im not surprised. I suggest people read the posts that the author of the ebook made. I didn't see them coming up with much counter argument to what he had to say, other than to discredit me.

Of course, as i admitted before, my actions set that all up to work perfectly. It's unfortunate that theres really a completely different side to this.

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
First, in the post you linked to, when i said treatments i meant what i was doing as far as the skull expansion techniques were concerned. And im not lying when i said i felt short hairs that just seemed to be coming up, but wasn't sure. Thats the main reason why i buzzed my head. It makes things easier to gauge success. When i made that post i was past the time of "sneaky tactics".

When i made that post i had just started doing the tom hagerty exercises, so obviously that wasn't doing anything.

And that post you just quoted, im not sure what you find so wrong with it. The guy seemed genuine, so i dropped 30$ and bought his ebook. (Yes I really did buy the ebook) Because i was interested to see how it could tie in with these other theories. I wasn't convinced that he fully understood why his methods work, but he even admitted he wasn't sure either. I know i know sales tactics bla bla bla. But not everyone is a dirty cheat. I really could care less now what you think of me. I know that now im being honest, if you or anyone else doesn't believe me thats your choice.

I started this thread to get others input on his method and possible how all of these theories could tie into the galea.

TheNazz

Reaction score
elliotramsey said:
Has anyone tried this out? This is a new site that popped up recently (last 6 months or so). The guy says he believes male pattern baldness is related to the galea (as well at DHT) which is kind of what Tom Hagerty says and if the skull expansion methods work (which i believe they are, but im waiting until the 1 year mark to make any judgement), i believe it is also due to an undoing effect in this region (although the theory doesn't say the galea is involved, the author has said that there are probably other factors as to why it works).

At any rate, the guy is at least 60 and he photoed the results. He pretty much went from completely bald to having some hair in a few months. So if it works, then it could potentially help a lot of people whose hair loss is just starting.

He sells an ebook for 30$. Im gonna buy it and see what it says. He offers a money back guarantee, plus the transaction is through paypal, so if its trash it'll be pretty easy to get my money back (i did the same thing before when i bought a book that ripped off the skull expansion theory.. got it all back)

I'll check it out.

Which is the book you mention that "ripped off" the skull expansion theory? and are you talking about Paul Taylor's book?
I've never heard of Tom Hagerty so had a look at his website. Very interesting with a LOT of information. Obviously will take me a long time to go through everything and was wondering if you were using his methods and how they've worked out for you. Any particular one's you'd recommend?
Btw did you end up buying Maliniak's book? is that working for you? Cheers

DarkDays

Reaction score
TheNazz said:
elliotramsey said:
Has anyone tried this out? This is a new site that popped up recently (last 6 months or so). The guy says he believes male pattern baldness is related to the galea (as well at DHT) which is kind of what Tom Hagerty says and if the skull expansion methods work (which i believe they are, but im waiting until the 1 year mark to make any judgement), i believe it is also due to an undoing effect in this region (although the theory doesn't say the galea is involved, the author has said that there are probably other factors as to why it works).

At any rate, the guy is at least 60 and he photoed the results. He pretty much went from completely bald to having some hair in a few months. So if it works, then it could potentially help a lot of people whose hair loss is just starting.

He sells an ebook for 30$. Im gonna buy it and see what it says. He offers a money back guarantee, plus the transaction is through paypal, so if its trash it'll be pretty easy to get my money back (i did the same thing before when i bought a book that ripped off the skull expansion theory.. got it all back)

I'll check it out.

Which is the book you mention that "ripped off" the skull expansion theory? and are you talking about Paul Taylor's book?
I've never heard of Tom Hagerty so had a look at his website. Very interesting with a LOT of information. Obviously will take me a long time to go through everything and was wondering if you were using his methods and how they've worked out for you. Any particular one's you'd recommend?
Btw did you end up buying Maliniak's book? is that working for you? Cheers

The biggest issue I have with the Maliniak book is that he talks basically about the need to massage muscles, but doesn't tell you how to do them.

Archon

Reaction score
DarkDays said:
The biggest issue I have with the Maliniak book is that he talks basically about the need to massage muscles, but doesn't tell you how to do them.

Yes he does. Didn't you see that embedded video in the ebook?

fight_the_power

Reaction score
Archon said:
DarkDays said:

Yes he does. Didn't you see that embedded video in the ebook?

Can you describe what is so special about his method of massaging his muscles? People have been doing that for decades to improve scalp circulation.

Archon

Reaction score
No, I was just correcting that one specific point. I don't know if there's anything "special" about his particular method of scalp massage, but that's only one part of the whole plan anyway. The author himself says that the massages alone won't do anything.

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
TheNazz said:
Which is the book you mention that "ripped off" the skull expansion theory?

It was some obvious scam book that was linked from a youtube video if you type in skull expansion. Its not paul taylors ebook.

I've been doing the tom hagerty SE for about 7ish months. I had a random hair pop out in the middle of nowhere at my temple, but so far I haven't had any regrowth. I haven't lost more hair either. Tom says that results vary, the SE is best for maintenance. It took between 8 and 9 months for him to notice any effect.

I've been doing the skull expansion techniques for about 11 months. I'm confident they have halted my hairloss. For maximum effect, they call for 3 20 minute sessions per day. For this is a really hard goal to reach, because i am quite busy. Tom's SE is easier to do (no hands required), so i spend more time doing that.

Although, someone i have been in contact with has been doing the skull expansion techniques diligently, he had severe diffuse thinning all over the male pattern baldness region. Since starting May 2010, he has sent me before and after pictures. The recent ones show a HUGE improvement in the area he was focusing on (the back of the head). You couldn't even see the scalp anymore. My hairloss is not severe, so results would be minimal, his results however have convinced me that the skull expansion techniques could work for people as long as they aren't completely bald.

*I'd post his pictures, but i'm not going to violate his privacy, so you're gonna have to take what i say with a grain of salt.

As for Maliniak, i don't do anything he mentioned in his book. The Violet Ray machine may be beneficial, but the skull expansion techniques include pretty much all the massages that Maliniak uses (the massages are in addition to the first, and main component of the techniques, which maliniak does not cover, different theory).

Hope i helped

TheNazz

Reaction score
I've been doing the skull expansion techniques for about 11 months. I'm confident they have halted my hairloss.

Thanks for your reply. Is The skull expansion technique you've been using from Paul Taylor's book? It's the only ebook I've seen on this theory.
You said that this technique does not take the Galea as being an important factor or doesn't mention it at all. Is that correct??
It's curious then that both these theories would use similar techniques ie. massage.......to treat hairloss. I guess there must be some relationship between the two.
Btw is the Violet Ray machine used in the Maliniak technique similar to Infrared or hair lasers being used today for hairloss?
Look forward to your reply. Cheers.