My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone in another thread posted a link to this https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X1542127X and said that zinc inhibits 5ar1 while copper block 5ar2 so copper should be a better option. Though I'm unsure if anyone's already tested something similar to zix but with copper instead.

You can just add copper to the mix
It's probably going to cost you 5 bucks extra

Copper peptides (Tricomin, Folligen) have been around forever. Results have been underwhelming. Stick with Zix.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I just started as some of you May know. The alcohol I think makes me get a weird headache kinda feeling. Or at least I think it’s the alcohol. The water also isn’t a great solution. It drips and doesn’t absorb well in the scalp forcing me to apply way more than I have to

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this data is like meaninglesss and I probably shouldn’t post it. But it got me excited none the less. So far this what’s happening.

Morning 1. 12 hairs fell out Ran my hand through ten times

Morning 2. 8 hairs fell out. Ran my hands through like 15 times and more aggressively then the first time too

I really hope this is the holy grail I can finally cut my finasteride dosage of so. I am at .25 and for 10 months shedding like crazy. Ideally I would like to keep dosage at .1. It’s excellent for my oily acne skin

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone in another thread posted a link to this https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X1542127X and said that zinc inhibits 5ar1 while copper block 5ar2 so copper should be a better option. Though I'm unsure if anyone's already tested something similar to zix but with copper instead.
i would say he is right. but this isnt a substitute of zix. its action is more related to collagen and it helps zinc /zix on androgen regulation. its another angle, an addition, not a stand alone

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So this data is like meaninglesss and I probably shouldn’t post it. But it got me excited none the less. So far this what’s happening.

Morning 1. 12 hairs fell out Ran my hand through ten times

Morning 2. 8 hairs fell out. Ran my hands through like 15 times and more aggressively then the first time too

I really hope this is the holy grail I can finally cut my finasteride dosage of so. I am at .25 and for 10 months shedding like crazy. Ideally I would like to keep dosage at .1. It’s excellent for my oily acne skin

Holy grail it is not. Solid treatment for the prevent or massively slow further hairloss, yes.

Dont get me wrong, I had better results on finasteride, but the cerebral and emasculating effects were not worth it (granted it took me 7 years to realize). The overall effectiveness and lack of sides therefore have made zix the best option for me. For a man in his 40's to have the hair I have, after battling hair loss for 20+ years, is pretty damn good.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy grail it is not. Solid treatment for the prevent or massively slow further hairloss, yes.

Dont get me wrong, I had better results on finasteride, but the cerebral and emasculating effects were not worth it (granted it took me 7 years to realize). The overall effectiveness and lack of sides therefore have made zix the best option for me. For a man in his 40's to have the hair I have, after battling hair loss for 20+ years, is pretty damn good.

its too early to tell but in terms of shedding it seems like I am having better results on zix with low dose finasteride than finasteride alone. finasteride alone wasn’t working period

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, atm I am using the topical 'grow gorgeous' and I add my Saw Palmetto extract to it. I also bought Zix supplies to make it. Can i apply my topical with Saw Palmetto in the morning and Zix in the evening?

Purvis

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, which form of zinc sulphate you use? I can't find zinc heptahydrate in my country. Monohydrate can work?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, which form of zinc sulphate you use? I can't find zinc heptahydrate in my country. Monohydrate can work?

Someone here enlightened me that heptahydrate is the only that works. That's why I would needed to try many zines before I found the one that worked again.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Copper peptides (Tricomin, Folligen) have been around forever. Results have been underwhelming. Stick with Zix.

The study that I posted does not study copper peptides, but basic, easily dissociable copper salts like copper chloride. Not really the same thing. Free copper ions likely have a 5AR inhibiting effect - complex peptides would not.

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just read most of this really interesting thread. Thanks a lot @worm for starting this thread and sharing your experience.
I now consider starting zix myself and have already ordered the ingredients.

My current regimen consists of weekly 1.5 mm dermarolling and daily scalp massage 10-20 min. I haven't really been that consistent with it during summer but have now been doing it consistently again for over a month. Overall, particularly the massages have helped me maintain for the last 2 years or so.

Regarding zix, there are two questions on my mind which I couldn't really find good answers to in the thread, so I'd appreciate your help:
  1. Does zix result in receptor upregulation just like finasteride? So if I decided to quit using it after a few months, is there a risk of my hair loss getting substantially worse?
  2. What's your take on microneedling + zix? If I decided to continue microneedling, I'd wait 24h before applying zix.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just read most of this really interesting thread. Thanks a lot @worm for starting this thread and sharing your experience.
I now consider starting zix myself and have already ordered the ingredients.

My current regimen consists of weekly 1.5 mm dermarolling and daily scalp massage 10-20 min. I haven't really been that consistent with it during summer but have now been doing it consistently again for over a month. Overall, particularly the massages have helped me maintain for the last 2 years or so.

Regarding zix, there are two questions on my mind which I couldn't really find good answers to in the thread, so I'd appreciate your help:
  1. Does zix result in receptor upregulation just like finasteride? So if I decided to quit using it after a few months, is there a risk of my hair loss getting substantially worse?
  2. What's your take on microneedling + zix? If I decided to continue microneedling, I'd wait 24h before applying zix.

I do not feel anywhere close to the same sides as i did on finasteride. I cant really tell if i have sides at all though. I have libido, i can think and talk clearly, but my memory is not fantastic. That said I have had several severe concussions, so I tend to chalk it up that.

@Ezekiel2019 has had great results microneedling alongside zix. I personally an a little hesitant to embark on that bandwagon.

My hair only got better after starting zix. no shed, nothing like that to worry about.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not feel anywhere close to the same sides as i did on finasteride. I cant really tell if i have sides at all though. I have libido, i can think and talk clearly, but my memory is not fantastic. That said I have had several severe concussions, so I tend to chalk it up that.

@Ezekiel2019 has had great results microneedling alongside zix. I personally an a little hesitant to embark on that bandwagon.

My hair only got better after starting zix. no shed, nothing like that to worry about.

well i put my experiment on hold. I had monohydrate. Apparently I need heptahydrate

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys so my ethyl alcohol has a bunch of sh*t in it thats not good like acetone. Can i use vodka as a solution? And if so which proof?

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I seriously doubt it matters as long as its zinc
According to worm it does matter eitherway i got everything i need. I am dropping the alcohol. B6 and zinc are water soluble snd honesty i think. Just these two substabces jn distilled water should be ebough

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone here enlightened me that heptahydrate is the only that works. That's why I would needed to try many zines before I found the one that worked again.

how do you grind the tablets to powder?

Sebcar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any safe ways that you guys can think of so that the solution stains my head black instead of green/yellow.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6369642/

"Therefore, hair care products, specifically shampoos, with active Malassezia inhibitory agents, such as zinc pyrithione, tend to reduce premature hair loss, besides the known benefits in treating specific dermatologic scalp pathologies, and therefore should represent an integral part of every treatment regimen for hair loss, even in individuals not showing symptoms of scalp pathologies."

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to worm it does matter eitherway i got everything i need. I am dropping the alcohol. B6 and zinc are water soluble snd honesty i think. Just these two substabces jn distilled water should be enough
The study never specified if it was the zink itself with the anti-androgenic effects. This implies its rather the sulfate (zinc salt) thats doing the magic. Because theres definetely less zinc in zinc sulfate than...actual zinc. I can buy zinc solutions with very low molecular weights, which would make skin penetration much easier.
Either way, i can buy like 500g of it for like 25€. Seeing how both the studies and worm use very low amounts, this is going to last me for the next 5 years lol.
Worm uses 10-20mg of zinc sulfate and 3-6mg of b6 per day. I wonder if higher doses would yield better results

@Haironnu just buy the powder

Last edited: