New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
What about derma rolling but more often instead of slowing down the healing? The guy with the barbecue makes a lot of senses because a 2nd or 3rd degree burn takes forever to heal up.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed squeegee I am thinking about that, using a very small roller in latter days might essentially allow us to get as close as possible to the follica patent. You are right on about the barbecue guy because it was very tragic wound that took forever to heal. using a very small roller lightly might slightly slow the healing process (really not sure here) I just got a 0.5mm roller (gotta love amazon prime ;)). I am thinking deep rolling once with a 1.5mm+ roller and then day 3, 5, 7, 9 (or more frequent) have a very very light and brief rolling session, not to wound again, but to channel minoxidil deeper into the healing wounds during the critical post wounding window. Because even though the wound caused by the first vigorous longer roller might close immediately it's still healing under the skin. We would also have to allow the wound to completely heal too, so that might require stopping light needling for couple of days. Just a thought ;), we just need to make sure minoxidil saturates them wounds in the latter days. 0.5 might even be too long for this purpose, but I don't have a shaved head :D

This makes a lot of sense because when I use the 1.5mm the day I roll, I really recover quite fast, like in two days. That is why I had used the procedure every 6 days because I can feel that I have already healed. I also have a .5mm that I ordered the same day from amazon, lol also with prime :D . I would say that it would be best to do 1.5mm the day of the rolling and then put minoxidil in about 6 hours, so it won't be so harsh. Then about 2 days or so before you stop feeling sore, you should use the .5mm to create a little bit of trauma and keep the wound open while at the same time applying more minoxidil every day. It also does make sense to stop using the .5mm during the week, I would say that stopping 1 1/2 days before the new 1.5mm session would be best. Anyways, that is what I am going to do, I know my own body and I know that I don't take 7 days to heal, like the study says.

Here is what I am going to do from now on.

Sun: 11:00PM 1.5mm no minoxidil the entire day (I also apply nizoral this day before the roller)
Mon: 08:00AM apply minoxidil %5 twice a day, once in the morning and once at night 8:00PM.
Tues: " + .5mm about 2-3 hours before the 8:00PM minoxidil dose.
Wed: 08:00AM apply minoxidil %5 twice a day, once in the morning and once at night 8:00PM.
Thurs: " + .5mm about 2-3 hours before the 8:00PM minoxidil dose.
Fri: "
Sat: 08:00AM apply minoxidil %5 twice a day, once in the morning and once at night 8:00PM.
LOOP

One concern would be that if we use the minoxidil too soon, would that cause heart problems? I know when I first started in the past, I think I had some chest pain.
Anyways, I think it's worth a shot, we will probably not get it right the first, second but sooner or later we will crack this. I think we made some progress today, keep up the good work.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I think this makes sense because, for me, minoxidil without the needles is pretty much useless on slick bald scalp

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, even if Aderans was in the picture doing a Phase III trial right now, the news released from Follica is equally, if not MORE exciting than anything else.

We're damn close.... lets cure this disease!!! :)

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, even if Aderans was in the picture doing a Phase III trial right now, the news released from Follica is equally, if not MORE exciting than anything else.

We're damn close.... lets cure this disease!!! :)

OK..lets not start that again..male pattern baldness is not a disease, it is a condition...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Guys! I am so happy right now! going to the liquor store! Need some drinks! :salut: I had an haircut today and could not believe the results after 5 weeks. My hair are going thicker and thicker! Such a positive outlook on the future results!! I totally dig you guys input and efforts!! Like a pack of wolves on hairloss!! Teamwork always pays off!! I am Derma rolling it tonight! **** it!

Hope all the Sci-Fi punks on here will go see Riddick this week-end! Best Furyan ever!
[video=youtube;tDxDEjDMreA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxDEjDMreA[/video]

marku

Reaction score
Squeegee, forgive me as I'm only a few pages into this thread but have u considered your results are simply from better minoxidil absorption?

Are u considering this treatment a growth stimulant or actual prevention / repair?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Squeegee, forgive me as I'm only a few pages into this thread but have u considered your results are simply from better minoxidil absorption?

Are u considering this treatment a growth stimulant or actual prevention / repair?

marku... I've been losin hair since I am 24 years old.. I am a experimented user, I tried everything on the market since then.Been a minoxidil user on and off.. I had really good results back then when I first started thinning out.. but nothing comes close to the results that I having right now with the derma roller +mino/mico. I am not a new guy on the block. The results of my fast success is heavy derma ROLLING + minoxidil/MICONAZOLE.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Had my second dermarolling session yesterday; no numbing cream, 1.5mm needles, deep and slow. Hated it.

After the initial "Is dermarolling a solution?" now the discussion is focusing on how to speed up the process, right? Considering that hair neogenesis may happen only at the exact location of a needle wound and that once it's started there we should end up with one adult hair eventually, wouldn't it be a better idea instead of having a few wounds once a week during a 15min session, to multiply considerably the number of needle wounds with several hours of dermarolling at once? (with numbing cream of course…) Wouldn't that accelerate the process more than all the clever strategies being discussed now?

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
@PrincessRambo
I know, I know. My wounding session yesterday lasted like 30 minutes (I go slowly) and as you say it does thousands of holes. But most of the scalp remains free of wounds and I still I could cover more of the scalp with holes if I spent hours at it. A higher number of deep holes means a higher number of follicle genesis per square meter. I'd rather spend 16 hours wounding my scalp once a year (and hide my scalp for a few days) than doing a normal Indian damage every week for months.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
@odabalk: still dreading the 1.5mm roller? you little pussy you :D. More seriously, it's not just a few wounds per week, can't speak for anyone else, I certainly get thousands of micro wounds.

@DesperateOne: It boils down to the same principle, induce tiny wounds, keep'em open for days, and administer drug that induces new hair growth:

They first start saying: ideally this is what we want to do (note: this is essentially what happened to the barbecue guy:

And then they go on to state that since no sane willing soul is gonna agree to let that happen to his scalp, we devised some clever ways to essentially achieve the same thing sans the gory scene:

@marku: squeeguee has been deep wounding his scalp consistently, minoxidil is not notorious for producing new hair out of thin air. According to all that have been discussed here, including the various follica patents, wounding is key. But no matter what is said and referenced in hair loss forums, people will always ignore anything else besides minoxidil and finasteride with the same old one liners: "i don't care...oh it's finasteride doing that", or "i don't care... it's min doing that". Kinda reminds me of the old HTC EVO vs Iphone commercial:

[video=youtube;FL7yD-0pqZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg[/video]

yeah I was trying to read the other patent when I found it, but it was like 2am and was reading it on the phone lol, it was a pain, I will read it later. Okay, so the theory sounds more solid now, do an aggressive wounding session in a day and then the key will be to keep the wound open as long as we can. Obviously our first step will be using the .5mm after the 1.5mm session. The key will be from days 1-4 in my opinion, reading from the patents and seeing how they want to release the drug over a period of time, to me it makes sense to apply minoxidil 3 times a day. I know before that people have done that in the past regardless of the derma roller and they got better and faster results. So if we don't know when the drug should be applied, I guess to me it makes sense that we should apply it 3 times a day, at least during days 1-4 so we have a better probability of hitting the time window we have.

Now that I think back, the very first time I did the rolling, I did it super hard and I actually felt a burning sensation. I personally believe that most of my result came from that one session, I now really don't go so hard, so that may be why I don't see newer ones now. By the way, I haven't seen that BBQ videos, can you guys link me to it? Thanks.

So how long is enough? I now do it for about an hour, but I do it slowly and do one press at a time until it goes all the way in. I don't really feel the burning sensation that I had before, that may be it, I need the inflammation. To tell you the truth, I don't even think I cover more than a few hundred holes, I just can't take the pain. One of my problems is that I have to do it on the freaking sides of my scalp as I also have hair loss there, can you believe that ****!!! If this procedure requires a torture session like Sparx said, I think we will have no choice but to buy a numbing cream. So which one do you guys recommend? What concerns me is that I read a few weeks back, I can't remember where, that using numbing creams or gels can cause nerve damage. I don't know if that's true, but I sure hope it doesn't, maybe just apply a bit of numbing gel to try and balance it.

At any rate, I will try to do the torture session today and the .5mm the following days. Good luck all with your procedure.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
People on the main study had success with one derma rolling session a week with the 1.5mm .. I know that my pumpkin stays inflamed for 3-4 days... maybe more if I go crazy.. so I think every 3-4 days would be good enough with the deep derma rolling.. maybe use a smaller 0.25 0.50 everyday before minoxidil application? More derma rolling sessions, more punctured holes, More progenitors stem cell recruitment.. more hair.:freaked2: the keyword is to be consistent with the rolling sessions.. the problem is I work for a living and no hat at work lol.. so just need to find a way to wound my cranium without having people thinking wtf is wrong with his head? lol

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
An hour?? More than an hour?? WTF?? C'mon...that blowze

Most people have lost their hair over the course of several years, I don't know why you feel you should only do 5 minutes and you should be cured. It just doesn't make sense, it's like those overweight people that want to lose everything in 2 months, it's not going to happen. Anything worthwhile doing in field of medicine takes time. Even hair transplants take more than an hour, as does any other good treatment. The only reason I take so long is because I go very slow and I have to do the entire scalp. Maybe you only have to do the hairline, in that case a good 10 minutes should be enough, I don't know.

thinningTooSoon

Reaction score
marku... I've been losin hair since I am 24 years old.. I am a experimented user, I tried everything on the market since then.Been a minoxidil user on and off.. I had really good results back then when I first started thinning out.. but nothing comes close to the results that I having right now with the derma roller +mino/mico. I am not a new guy on the block. So Marku,, your theory is gay as 2 guys kissing. The results of my fast success is heavy derma ROLLING + minoxidil/MICONAZOLE.

How are you including MICONAZOLE into the regime, I have just started following this trial (1 week in) and want to use every product I can to make it as successful as possible!

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
I may order some numbing cream. The reason I go slow is that each time I press fully on the 1.5mm I have to stop, breathe, accept the pain, and move 1cm forward. With the numbing cream I may do the same work much faster and suffer less and then If I want extend the wounding session to several hours. Yes! What's the toxicity of DrNumb ?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Most people have lost their hair over the course of several years, I don't know why you feel you should only do 5 minutes and you should be cured. It just doesn't make sense, it's like those overweight people that want to lose everything in 2 months, it's not going to happen. Anything worthwhile doing in field of medicine takes time. Even hair transplants take more than an hour, as does any other good treatment. The only reason I take so long is because I go very slow and I have to do the entire scalp. Maybe you only have to do the hairline, in that case a good 10 minutes should be enough, I don't know.

gotcha

Status
Not open for further replies.