New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
How are you including MICONAZOLE into the regime, I have just started following this trial (1 week in) and want to use every product I can to make it as successful as possible!

Mix a bit of it with minoxidil..then apply to pumpkin. Twice a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people have lost their hair over the course of several years, I don't know why you feel you should only do 5 minutes and you should be cured. It just doesn't make sense, it's like those overweight people that want to lose everything in 2 months, it's not going to happen. Anything worthwhile doing in field of medicine takes time. Even hair transplants take more than an hour, as does any other good treatment. The only reason I take so long is because I go very slow and I have to do the entire scalp. Maybe you only have to do the hairline, in that case a good 10 minutes should be enough, I don't know.

Same rules apply for everything in life. 20 minutes butt, abs..bull****.. go to the gym and earn it! just like easy millionaires program lol..

First thing is to start and stay consistent on it. Roll it! minoxidil it! let the times do his thing.. Once you start to see a difference, motivation kicks in and you will never stop doing it!

marku

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
marku... I've been losin hair since I am 24 years old.. I am a experimented user, I tried everything on the market since then.Been a minoxidil user on and off.. I had really good results back then when I first started thinning out.. but nothing comes close to the results that I having right now with the derma roller +mino/mico. I am not a new guy on the block. So Marku,, your theory is gay as 2 guys kissing. The results of my fast success is heavy derma ROLLING + minoxidil/MICONAZOLE.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]My theory? [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Im aware rolling is working for you. I simply asked if you considered that the method of action could had been due to aiding in deeper minoxidil absorption, rolling is known to improve the absorption of topically applied formulas.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Secondly I asked your opinion on the category of this treatment, growth stimulant or stem cell repair and/or prevention of the follicles being damaged?[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]We know hair can grow back from Androgenetic Alopecia attacked follicles via many different mechanisms, minoxidil works as a growth stimulant, but the hairs are still dying beneath their thicker shiny coat. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Lastly, I'm gay and that last comment was, while not offensive, totally unnecessary[/FONT]

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

My theory?

Im aware rolling is working for you. I simply asked if you considered that the method of action could had been due to aiding in deeper minoxidil absorption, rolling is known to improve the absorption of topically applied formulas.

Secondly I asked your opinion on the category of this treatment, growth stimulant or stem cell repair and/or prevention of the follicles being damaged?

We know hair can grow back from Androgenetic Alopecia attacked follicles via many different mechanisms, minoxidil works as a growth stimulant, but the hairs are still dying beneath their thicker shiny coat.

Lastly, I'm gay and that last comment was, while not offensive, totally unnecessary

I've been on the male pattern baldness bandwagon since I was 24 years old. I tried a lot of **** since then. I am 35 right now. I can makes a difference between a minoxidil success alone or Derma rolling.. I butcher my head everytime I roll it.. no a mild rollin.. I have hair sprouting on complete bald areas.. which never happened using minoxidil for years.. About the gay comment, you feel victimized?? What world are you living in? you probably hear gay comments everyday.. Get over it. I really don't give a **** about your sexual preference.

marku

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]There's no need to get defensive, from the beginning it was a curious question. Were here to help eachother, no?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]As for the gay stuff, I personally don't, but I'm sure many do. It would t hurt to actually imagine that world they're living in, it's the ignorance of others that put them there.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

- - - Updated - - -

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Also my last note on this. Minoxidil can grow hair in "bald" areas, there are baby hairs all over our bodies. We use very small concentrations on ourselves because of side effects. In the minoxidil studies, higher concentrations increased dramatically in bald areas. So imagine penetrating this substance deeper using needles, and what effect that could have in bald areas. This is why I asked for your thoughts originally.[/FONT]

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
There's no need to get defensive, from the beginning it was a curious question. Were here to help eachother, no?

As for the gay stuff, I personally don't, but I'm sure many do. It would t hurt to actually imagine that world they're living in, it's the ignorance of others that put them there.

- - - Updated - - -

Also my last note on this. Minoxidil can grow hair in "bald" areas, there are baby hairs all over our bodies. We use very small concentrations on ourselves because of side effects. In the minoxidil studies, higher concentrations increased dramatically in bald areas. So imagine penetrating this substance deeper using needles, and what effect that could have in bald areas. This is why I asked for your thoughts originally.

Marku, I understand your point of view and why you would think that. First, let me say, yes... derma rolling will increase absorption and generally should do be better for you on any treatment. The reality is however, minoxidil on its own is simply not enough to grow new hair on slick scalp and have it that thick, no matter the concentration or absorption, you may see some results, but no where near what we see. The only thing that can account for that is neogenesis, we are using the growth factors created during wounding and using minoxidil tricks the wound to produce the necessary gfg-9 to tell the wound to become hair instead of skin. Now, I know this works, but recently we got tremendous insight on how the process will be done by Follica. So now, what we're trying to do is find a way to replicate the patent as close as possible. We can only do this with experimentation and really just hope for the best, we don't have labs or those fancy stuff. You're welcome to jump in the wagon, btw I have nothing against gay people, I know some do. I am a straight man and know that gay people get a lot of ****, but we all have stuff to worry about.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
There's no need to get defensive, from the beginning it was a curious question. Were here to help eachother, no?

As for the gay stuff, I personally don't, but I'm sure many do. It would t hurt to actually imagine that world they're living in, it's the ignorance of others that put them there.

What up with the bold ****? Need attention? you got parades you can participate in every year.. Why don't you go do that? If you feel offended by a gay adjective comment.. I highly suggesting you to open your mind and get over it. ok? Like I said before, I don't care about your sexual direction. :gay:

My positive hair grow results is totally due to heavy derma rolling + minoxidil/miconazole nitrate every other days.. People been using the derma roller for better minoxidil absorption in the past.. google it.. or use the search engine.. with mix results.. but they were using smaller sizes.. then applying minoxidil right away.

marku

Reaction score
DesperateOne - thanks :)

Squeegee - I'm on my ipad and formatting is a nightmare ... Pasting makes it bold. As I said, I am not offended. It's rather annoying seeing crap like that though, it's unneccessary. That is all. Your furthering comments were ignorant however, but I've made my point, moving on, back to the topic.

With that said, I might try this somewhere else on my body. I'm not ready to use minoxidil on my head yet, and I gather that it's required for the stem cells to grow hair. Exciting :)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
DesperateOne - thanks :)

Squeegee - I'm on my ipad and formatting is a nightmare ... Pasting makes it bold. As I said, I am not offended. It's rather annoying seeing crap like that though, it's unneccessary. That is all. Your furthering comments were ignorant however, but I've made my point, moving on, back to the topic.

sorry man.. but Ipad are so gay! :gay:

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Forget about it Marku. Squeegee knows more about hairloss than about being gay and hearing these supposedly harmless jokes everyday. I stopped making them after speaking with gay guys and hearing their actual experience. You can't solve someone's ignorance on the internet.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Forget about it Marku. Squeegee knows more about hairloss than about being gay and hearing these supposedly harmless jokes everyday. I stopped making them after speaking with gay guys and hearing their actual experience. You can't solve someone's ignorance on the internet.

Marku buddy! Please! don't go to bed crying tonight because I told you that your Ipad is gay. I would rather being ignorant than an hypocrite. Why all the people on this Earth that belong to some group feels the need to be offended by everything around them or what people saying? Just skip it and life goes on. LOL Just like a Muslim guy offended by a Christmas tree. We live in such pussified hypocrite society.

mrcurns

Reaction score
Only just seen this thread. For the past 4/5 months I have been rolling for 15 seconds on the left and 15 seconds on the right of my receding hairline, at a high speed with relatively hard pressure (blood has been drawn numerous occasions) every day. I would then immediately apply Lipogaine.

Wasn't really aware of the dangers of getting minoxidil in your blood stream before i read this thread (In fact I thought it was the whole point originally, as it's supposed to help Minoxidil absorption?).

The results haven't been too great, at first there was an improvement but lately i feel i have entered a second shedding stage. I've only been applying Lipogaine once a day and i will change it to twice shortly.

Due to you guys saying how dangerous it is for Minoxidil to enter the bloodstream, how about using the roller, and then immediately using a ketoconazole shampoo such as Regaine Pure?

- - - Updated - - -

I bought mine after seeing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gecBiXSogxc

Irishjim

Reaction score
Have read through this thread, really exciting stuff so bought my 1.5mm dermaroller on ebay and will follow the study (I am taking 1.25 of finasteride daily) Anybody got any progress pics?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Have read through this thread, really exciting stuff so bought my 1.5mm dermaroller on ebay and will follow the study (I am taking 1.25 of finasteride daily) Anybody got any progress pics?

Welcome to the friggin club Jim!

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Why all the people on this Earth that belong to some group feels the need to be offended by everything around them or what people saying? Just skip it and life goes on.

You've just felt offended by my sermon, that's why you keep on justifying yourself. Just dermaroll it man.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
I just lightly dermarolled with a 0.5mm today in an attempt to channel more minoxidil to the healing microwounds I caused 3 days ago ( using 1.5mm roller)

How can you really hit the exact location of each microwound created 3 days ago? You're more likely to miss it most of the time, unless you're doing millions of new wounds. I understand the logic of doing it, but only with a very precise machine or computer driven technology. Is there something I missed here?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
You've just felt offended by my sermon, that's why you keep on justifying yourself. Just dermaroll it man.

What is a sermon? ah.. ****.. sleeping is cancelled tonight, I feel too irritated by your lecture. Seriously Odal, there is no way I can sleep over this tonight. You should stick to the derma rolling as well...:gay:

- - - Updated - - -

How can you really hit the exact location of each microwound created 3 days ago? You're more likely to miss it most of the time, unless you're doing millions of new wounds. I understand the logic of doing it, but only with a very precise machine or computer driven technology. Is there something I missed here?

I am going to go with 3 times a week deep rolling.. 2.5mm and every other days before topical 0.50mm That should keep my cranium in a healing state! LOL minoxidil/Mico for topical.. thinking about adding copper peptides as well.

marku

Reaction score
Has the increase in collagen by dermarolling been discussed thus far? (Excess collagen plays an important role in the miniaturization of a follicle)....have you guys hypothesized whether rolling is good or bad for Androgenetic Alopecia affected hairs, or if its success comes solely in creating new hairs?

form

Reaction score
marku,

I flagged squeegee's homophobic comments right after he made them, but perhaps the moderators aren't around on the weekends.

Either way, don't pay any attention to him. He has limited short term memory and the reading comprehension of a five year old. Which, funny enough, quite fits the behavior he exhibits on this forum. He employs a grade school tactic where he'll make derogatory statements towards someone and then when he or she responds, will try and make that person seem crazy. If you want to see another example, just browse back to the conversation I had starting on page 33. Oh, and you can even see him use bold text in one of his responses.

If he wasn't so into this thread and Hairlosstalk in general, I'd swear he was just a troll. My best guess is that his behavior stems from something in his upbringing, which by no means should be an excuse at his age. I think the best policy when he starts this SHlT is to just ignore him.

-form

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I am very sceptical of this still, but I've already ordered a dermaroller. There, said it.

Anyone else in the UK doing this? I'm not sure where to source the betadine suggested by the study, if indeed it is available legally over here.

marku

Reaction score
marku,[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I flagged squeegee's homophobic comments right after he made them, but perhaps the moderators aren't around on the weekends.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Either way, don't pay any attention to him. He has limited short term memory and the reading comprehension of a five year old. Which, funny enough, quite fits the behavior he exhibits on this forum. He employs a grade school tactic where he'll make derogatory statements towards someone and then when he or she responds, will try and make that person seem crazy. If you want to see another example, just browse back to the conversation I had starting on page 33. Oh, and you can even see him use bold text in one of his responses.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]If he wasn't so into this thread and Hairlosstalk in general, I'd swear he was just a troll. My best guess is that his behavior stems from something in his upbringing, which by no means should be an excuse at his age. I think the best policy when he starts this SHlT is to just ignore him.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]-form
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Thanks, ha...yeah, I think I've learned pretty quickly how Squeegee works. Even so, I have no problem being cordial, and putting it behind me. Not everyone reacts the same way so I thought I'd speak up in the event I'd turn on a light bulb up there, eh it was worth a shot.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]As cheesy as it sounds, it feels really good to have you guys speak up, I know some people think gays, or any minority for that matter, are rather touchy, but its really hard to judge unless you're in their shoes, and even then not everyone is affected by the same things. So its quite nice when someone not in your shoes, can back you up, that speaks volumes. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Anyways, didn't mean to throw this topic off track. Oop ><[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.