New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
marku,

I flagged squeegee's homophobic comments right after he made them, but perhaps the moderators aren't around on the weekends.

Either way, don't pay any attention to him. He has limited short term memory and the reading comprehension of a five year old. Which, funny enough, quite fits the behavior he exhibits on this forum. He employs a grade school tactic where he'll make derogatory statements towards someone and then when he or she responds, will try and make that person seem crazy. If you want to see another example, just browse back to the conversation I had starting on page 33. Oh, and you can even see him use bold text in one of his responses.

If he wasn't so into this thread and Hairlosstalk in general, I'd swear he was just a troll. My best guess is that his behavior stems from something in his upbringing, which by no means should be an excuse at his age. I think the best policy when he starts this SHlT is to just ignore him.

-form

LOL we should ban the gay smiley then deform!:gay: the "ignore" thing should go both ways. None of my comments were toward anybody on here. Feel free to be offended because I don't give a ****. :salut:

Sparky4444

Reaction score
3x/week is out..the study went 1x/week, and they didn't say anything about downright butchering yourself...I think the results will come if you back it off a bit..still 1x/week but take it easy on the bleeding

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
3x/week is out..the study went 1x/week, and they didn't say anything about downright butchering yourself...I think the results will come if you back it off a bit..still 1x/week but take it easy on the bleeding

3 times a week but mild rolling.slow and mild? maybe?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
guys..we're on the verge of something here...Dermarolling extreme is showing it works...nothing as shown hair to regrow after 5 weeks like this!! Follica is working along the same lines, but with more resources and behind it and most likely something less primitive than butchering your scalp!

The way I seeing this shaking down, nobody will have to be pure bald anymore...Between Dr. Wesley's scarless FUE coming soon, Follica and/or in-house butchering cue-ball bald is a thing of the past...if you have the money and pain threshold..

so let's stop the personal b.s. ... squeegee, that includes you..play nice

- - - Updated - - -

:jump:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks, ha...yeah, I think I've learned pretty quickly how Squeegee works. Even so, I have no problem being cordial, and putting it behind me. Not everyone reacts the same way so I thought I'd speak up in the event I'd turn on a light bulb up there, eh it was worth a shot.

As cheesy as it sounds, it feels really good to have you guys speak up, I know some people think gays, or any minority for that matter, are rather touchy, but its really hard to judge unless you're in their shoes, and even then not everyone is affected by the same things. So its quite nice when someone not in your shoes, can back you up, that speaks volumes.

Anyways, didn't mean to throw this topic off track. Oop ><

hahahahaha skip the gay **** and start rolling. Get your arse online order some Kirkland minoxidil and derma roller from Amazon, ebay.. join the yahoos hairloss club and get your hair back! :) Just do it! stop being curious.. do it! we need guinea pigs

- - - Updated - - -

guys..we're on the verge of something here...Dermarolling extreme is showing it works...nothing as shown hair to regrow after 5 weeks like this!! Follica is working along the same lines, but with more resources and behind it and most likely something less primitive than butchering your scalp!

The way I seeing this shaking down, nobody will have to be pure bald anymore...Between Dr. Wesley's scarless FUE coming soon, Follica and/or in-house butchering cue-ball bald is a thing of the past...if you have the money and pain threshold..

so let's stop the personal b.s. ... squeegee, that includes you..play nice

- - - Updated - - -

:jump:

Sparxxxxx got you roller yet?:band:

Sparky4444

Reaction score
..it's on it's way...not looking forward to this, but ****, came this far...gotta see it through ;)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
..it's on it's way...not looking forward to this, but ****, came this far...gotta see it through ;)

You cannot go back!:hairy:

- - - Updated - - -

I am very sceptical of this still, but I've already ordered a dermaroller. There, said it.

Anyone else in the UK doing this? I'm not sure where to source the betadine suggested by the study, if indeed it is available legally over here.

Kirby.. join the dark side ASAP .. stop being in doubt.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
So i see this thread got more active recently :tongue: . I think I might need to order a 2mm roller, I was looking at my 1.5mm roller today after the session and noticed some of the spikes were bent.
I might have pushed a little too hard or was hitting my skull lol. What I want to know is when does the damn wounds of the 1.5mm close, in hours, days? I agree that the extra .5mm after the resting days should give us a brute force approach in which we can hit a couple of dozen every week, eventually we should be able to notice the difference. The study says that after the first wound, there should be another wound done 4mm apart, I think that's good because 4mm is actually kinda of a big gap considering the roller. So in the long run, we should be able to hit adjacent to the first wounds within a few mm. I rolled about 5 hours ago and I still feel sore, but I don't know if the wounds have closed, I am going to wait 2 more hours and apply minoxidil. Then tomorrow I will apply in the morning, gently roll again with .5mm and minoxidil again for the next 4 days. Then I will let it heal and apply Cet and Mico during those days.

marku

Reaction score
you risk getting tumor formation from chronic wounding (pubmed it, you will find research backing it up). You never give yourself time to recover. Your temples are literally in a state of constant inflammation, no hair can grow in that environment. Inflammation from wounding is to kick off the process of growth, you have to let the proliferation stage to occur in order for potential new hair follicles to grow (and existing hair to potentially repair), you will likely lose more hair by doing what you have been doing. This is like going to the gym working heavy weights every day the same muscle group without any recovery times. The shredded muscle tissues from working out will never repair (and in the process proliferate new ones), you will never get any gains, you will instead lose muscle mass overall. Instead of looking like Jay Cutler, you will end up looking like Amy Winehouse, very counterproductive. It is critical to let the wound heal, I just lightly dermarolled with a 0.5mm today in an attempt to channel more minoxidil to the healing microwounds I caused 3 days ago ( using 1.5mm roller), and I actually regret it because I find that I actually caused more inflammation, I should have used something less than 0.25mm (gonna see if they have a 0.10mm on amazon or something. The point is you need to heal. Read this carefully.

i think this is extremely valuable information and not to be overlooked along with the continuation of your post back on page 43. This doctor says that 6 weeks is the minimum one should wait due to the maturation phase not being finished yet, he's talking about skin though, but wouldn't it apply to this? Read the post and the first response
http://dermaroller.wordpress.com/2008/04/25/question-about-treatment-intervals/

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

i think this is extremely valuable information and not to be overlooked along with the continuation of your post back on page 43. This doctor says that 6 weeks is the minimum one should wait due to the maturation phase not being finished yet, he's talking about skin though, but wouldn't it apply to this? Read the post and the first response
http://dermaroller.wordpress.com/2008/04/25/question-about-treatment-intervals/

It is a tough call.. I read somewhere that some people derma roll their face x3 a week with success. But we all know according to the study that once a week is already awesome. So I don't know. Being in denial LOL.. Maybe once a week deep and every other days small increment size like 0.50mm before topical. and yeah Princess is a very valuable member on here.

- - - Updated - - -

So i see this thread got more active recently :tongue: . I think I might need to order a 2mm roller, I was looking at my 1.5mm roller today after the session and noticed some of the spikes were bent.
I might have pushed a little too hard or was hitting my skull lol. What I want to know is when does the damn wounds of the 1.5mm close, in hours, days? I agree that the extra .5mm after the resting days should give us a brute force approach in which we can hit a couple of dozen every week, eventually we should be able to notice the difference. The study says that after the first wound, there should be another wound done 4mm apart, I think that's good because 4mm is actually kinda of a big gap considering the roller. So in the long run, we should be able to hit adjacent to the first wounds within a few mm. I rolled about 5 hours ago and I still feel sore, but I don't know if the wounds have closed, I am going to wait 2 more hours and apply minoxidil. Then tomorrow I will apply in the morning, gently roll again with .5mm and minoxidil again for the next 4 days. Then I will let it heal and apply Cet and Mico during those days.

I am using a 2.5mm right now and it is less painful than the 1.5mm. I just rolled it. I was too advanced in my casual drinking last night! LOL totally right about the roller with the 4mm spacing from the study.. this is why I think it is important to roll it more than once a week..

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand your thinking guys. The barbecue guy didn't even minoxidil his scalp at all. Why not make a much higher number of wounds for a start instead of worrying about timing and minoxidil absorbtion? Put some DrNumb and just dermaroll for 4 hours at once!

zombiehair

Reaction score
Sounds like you guys are having fun. I've looked my roller out of the cupboard and brought my own bottle of minoxidil ,ready to join the party.

I tried rolling a while back and I did see Improvement I was trying other stuff out at the time and didn't give credit to the rolling.
Stopped rolling and other stuff as I got a nasty rash on my head,think it was from trying out kirkland foam as I tried each thing solo And got the rash straight away after foam.
We should maybe take care not roll over any moles etc we might have on our heads.
Any way Good luck Rock n Roll :)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I still don't understand your thinking guys. The barbecue guy didn't even minoxidil his scalp at all. Why not make a much higher number of wounds for a start instead of worrying about timing and minoxidil absorbtion? Put some DrNumb and just dermaroll for 4 hours at once!

Odal,this sounds like a plan.. Been thinking about that but I have to go to work on Monday morning LOL. unless I can go on vacation for a month.

zombiehair

Reaction score
Hi
Just started looking into this in more detail.
I guess from reading the research we know we want to increase Fibroblast growth factor 9 and I Guess this is where minoxidil comes into play.
I have read on another helpful hair loss sight some guys are talking about applying their jizz on their heads as this is seamingly jam packed with pge2.
thought this might come in handy :)

Abstract

Fibroblast growth factor 9 (FGF-9) is a potent mitogen that controls the proper development of many tissues and organs. In contrast, aberrant expression of FGF-9 also results in the evolution of many human diseases, such as cancers and endometriosis. Despite its vital function being reported, the cellular and molecular mechanisms responsible for the regulation of FGF-9 expression are mostly unknown. We report here that prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) induces expression of FGF-9, which promotes endometriotic stromal cell proliferation, through the EP3 receptor-activated protein kinase Cdelta (PKCdelta) signaling pathway. Activation of PKCdelta leads to phosphorylation of ERK1/2, and the transcription factor Elk-1 thereby promotes transcription of FGF-9. Two Elk-1 cis-binding sites located at nucleotides -1324 to -1329 and -1046 to -1051 of the human FGF-9 promoter are identified as crucial for mediating PGE2 actions. Collectively, we demonstrate, for the first time, that PGE2 can directly induce FGF-9 expression via a novel signaling pathway involving EP3, PKCdelta, and a member of the ETS domain-containing transcription factor superfamily in primary human endometriotic stromal cells. Our findings may also provide a molecular framework for considering roles for PGE2 in FGF-9-related embryonic development and/or human diseases.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)-associated virus is thought to be transmitted effectively through semen during sexual activities from male to male or from male to female. Prostaglandin (PG) E2 is one of the immunosuppressive compounds present in high concentrations in human semen. We, therefore, investigated direct effects of PGE2 and other PGs on AIDS-associated virus infection and replication in vitro. First, type III human T-lymphotropic virus (HTLV-III) was used to infect a T-cell line (MT-4) in culture. PGE2 (10 nM to 10 microM) added to the culture medium enhanced the production of infectious virus in a dose-dependent fashion. In the presence of 5 microM PGE2, 2.5-fold more virus were released from the infected MT-4 cells as compared to untreated control cells on day 3 after infection. Second, when we used an HTLV-III continuous-producer cell line (Molt-4/HTLV-III), PGE2 and PGD2 added to the culture medium increased the number of viruses released from Molt-4/HTLV-III cells. Other PGs such as PGF2 alpha and 13,14-dihydro-15-keto PGE2 did not affect the replication of HTLV-III in this system. These results indicate that some PGs including seminal PGs enhance the AIDS-associated virus replication in vitro. We propose that PGE2 in human semen might directly facilitate the infection of AIDS-associated virus and cause the efficient transmission of the virus during sexual activities.

Hey squeegee your avatar looks like you missed your head there :)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
marku,

I flagged squeegee's homophobic comments right after he made them, but perhaps the moderators aren't around on the weekends.

Either way, don't pay any attention to him. He has limited short term memory and the reading comprehension of a five year old. Which, funny enough, quite fits the behavior he exhibits on this forum. He employs a grade school tactic where he'll make derogatory statements towards someone and then when he or she responds, will try and make that person seem crazy. If you want to see another example, just browse back to the conversation I had starting on page 33. Oh, and you can even see him use bold text in one of his responses.

If he wasn't so into this thread and Hairlosstalk in general, I'd swear he was just a troll. My best guess is that his behavior stems from something in his upbringing, which by no means should be an excuse at his age. I think the best policy when he starts this SHlT is to just ignore him.

-form

Form.. I just re-read this and burst out laughing out loud.. Why don't you do your homeworks first dip**** .. Search Hailosstalk and my postings.. first English is not my primary language.. I speak it better than write. Secondo.. reading comprehension of a 5 years old.. LOL I know more about the science of hairloss that you could even comprehend in your lifetime.. Yes I am 35 years old but I am young at heart.. I don't have a personality of a piece of cardboard like you or some of the members on here.. 90% of the members on here are just miserable human being that feel victimized about their Androgenetic Alopecia or others **** that goes on their mind. Why don't you try to turn the negative into a learning curve or challenge? Sorry If I don't please everybody on here, this is not my goal anyways. Send me a P.M. if you have personal issues with me, please stop polluting this thread with your weaknesses. Now let's get back to rolling..

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
Just started looking into this in more detail.
I guess from reading the research we know we want to increase Fibroblast growth factor 9 and I Guess this is where minoxidil comes into play.
I have read on another helpful hair loss sight some guys are talking about applying their jizz on their heads as this is seamingly jam packed with pge2.
thought this might come in handy :)

Abstract

Fibroblast growth factor 9 (FGF-9) is a potent mitogen that controls the proper development of many tissues and organs. In contrast, aberrant expression of FGF-9 also results in the evolution of many human diseases, such as cancers and endometriosis. Despite its vital function being reported, the cellular and molecular mechanisms responsible for the regulation of FGF-9 expression are mostly unknown. We report here that prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) induces expression of FGF-9, which promotes endometriotic stromal cell proliferation, through the EP3 receptor-activated protein kinase Cdelta (PKCdelta) signaling pathway. Activation of PKCdelta leads to phosphorylation of ERK1/2, and the transcription factor Elk-1 thereby promotes transcription of FGF-9. Two Elk-1 cis-binding sites located at nucleotides -1324 to -1329 and -1046 to -1051 of the human FGF-9 promoter are identified as crucial for mediating PGE2 actions. Collectively, we demonstrate, for the first time, that PGE2 can directly induce FGF-9 expression via a novel signaling pathway involving EP3, PKCdelta, and a member of the ETS domain-containing transcription factor superfamily in primary human endometriotic stromal cells. Our findings may also provide a molecular framework for considering roles for PGE2 in FGF-9-related embryonic development and/or human diseases.

Abstract

Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)-associated virus is thought to be transmitted effectively through semen during sexual activities from male to male or from male to female. Prostaglandin (PG) E2 is one of the immunosuppressive compounds present in high concentrations in human semen. We, therefore, investigated direct effects of PGE2 and other PGs on AIDS-associated virus infection and replication in vitro. First, type III human T-lymphotropic virus (HTLV-III) was used to infect a T-cell line (MT-4) in culture. PGE2 (10 nM to 10 microM) added to the culture medium enhanced the production of infectious virus in a dose-dependent fashion. In the presence of 5 microM PGE2, 2.5-fold more virus were released from the infected MT-4 cells as compared to untreated control cells on day 3 after infection. Second, when we used an HTLV-III continuous-producer cell line (Molt-4/HTLV-III), PGE2 and PGD2 added to the culture medium increased the number of viruses released from Molt-4/HTLV-III cells. Other PGs such as PGF2 alpha and 13,14-dihydro-15-keto PGE2 did not affect the replication of HTLV-III in this system. These results indicate that some PGs including seminal PGs enhance the AIDS-associated virus replication in vitro. We propose that PGE2 in human semen might directly facilitate the infection of AIDS-associated virus and cause the efficient transmission of the virus during sexual activities.

Hey squeegee your avatar looks like you missed your head there :)

Zombie keep that stuff coming. I gob this stuff like Pac-Man! I know about the avatar.. I should get it customized with hair!

[video=youtube;cVH1mCc5EvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVH1mCc5EvU[/video]

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay I decided to derma roll harder after reading this interesting thread. I've always used a derma roller in the past prior to my copper peptide application a few days a week. But never pressed hard enough to bleed everywhere.

Today, I decided to roll my 1mm roller with extra pressure until my scalp was full of little blood spots (concentrating at the frontal area) and man did it feel good especially when applying copper peptides after.

By derma rolling like a mad man. It almost feels like I'm punishing my scalp for not growing hair. Take that! :)

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Mutilating my head and putting sperm on it… Can't even believe i'm considering the idea right now… Squeegee, since you're young at heart and know more about the science of hairloss than we pussified hair losers could even comprehend in our lifetime, will you consider a bukkake on your scalp with the help of some ipad users? PGE2 galore!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.