New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I do exactly that except that I go slow. I like to spend time making sure I go as deep as possible on every bit of my scalp.

This is why your are not bleeding! Not a bad thing after all. Since I switched to 2.5mm My recovery time is shorter and scalp looks better after rolling. Seems to have way less damages on the surface.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting. So I'm not the only one that doesn't bleed much: just small drops of blood here and there but nothing like hellrouser… But I've done my 3rd DR session recently and it looks like there's possibly more and more blood. Maybe. This needs to be confirmed in the next sessions.
May I ask what your Norwood is, and maybe your age as well?

btw, I'm getting great results. Thicker hair, lots of new vellus hairs on temples, fuller hair overall. So far the study is keeping its promises for me. I expect that in 3 weeks I'll get my first positive remarks. Don't lose hope guys, we're onto powerful stuff here.

Im 27 Norwood around 2.5-3ish but no crown loss. I also rolled very slowly making sure I was always deep with the needles. Hurt quite a bit but little blood.

hope I get some similar results. Thanks for the updates.

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
This may have been covered in this thread, but will this save hair? Or is there anything I can do to save my hair without propecia? I cannot take it it destroys me. Will any of this save hair or just regrow hair?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
This may have been covered in this thread, but will this save hair? Or is there anything I can do to save my hair without propecia? I cannot take it it destroys me. Will any of this save hair or just regrow hair?

**** finasteride flush that poison in the ****ters.. the goal of derma-rolling is reconstruction. Instead of losing hair everyday, your are gaining some. I am at 8 weeks mark, my hair looks and feels way thicker and healthier. I have hair sprouting everywhere even on the bald parts which is incredible.

Sparky4444

Reaction score

No one knows...I wouldn't risk it -- at least not to the point of bleeding...maybe with the 2.5mm to the point of it getting sore -- but thats as far as I would go

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Princess I am still debating if we should wait longer for recovery time.. 7 days is not a long time if you are aggressive with the derma-roller. Thinking 2 weeks with heavy rolling. Thinking about adding Copper peptides to the cocktail to help rebuilding the subcutaneous fat.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Princess I am still debating if we should wait longer for recovery time.. 7 days is not a long time if you are aggressive with the derma-roller. Thinking 2 weeks with heavy rolling. Thinking about adding Copper peptides to the cocktail to help rebuilding the subcutaneous fat.

I'm still really curious how injections of FGF-9 could benefit our wounding trials. I remember hearing that small doses of FGF-9 are needed so even in the micrograms we could see results. 5mcg costs $50:

http://www.prospecbio.com/FGF9_Human_2/?gclid=CM3u6paR1LkCFahcMgodXEUA1A

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
All I know is 7 days is a short time to give your scalp to recover from the roller madness.

Sure, but we're not wounding to the point of Follica's method. My scalp looks more or less the same before wounding after a few days.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
All I know is 7 days is a short time to give your scalp to recover from the roller madness.

That's true, I don't feel pain or burning after four days, but when I press hard on my scalp, I feel pain. So this tells me I am not waiting enough. Next session I will do 2.5mm for about 30mins and then wait two weeks recovery.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg, $3,500 for just one milligram!!!
How would we even see it, or drop it on the floor. Go ahead hellouser, you can save is all, set the bar high with fgf9 injections

You don't need the entire milligram though. That would actually be enough to cover a HUGE area of scalp. A small test dosage would be needed to check for efficacy. But whoever tries it is going to have to take a HUGE risk.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Sure, but we're not wounding to the point of Follica's method. My scalp looks more or less the same before wounding after a few days.

Then should we go all out with a numb cream once then wait longer for recovery like few weeks ?? instead of doing it every ****ING weeks?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then should we go all out with numb cream once then wait longer for recovery like few weeks instead of doing it every ****ING weeks?

Only one way to tell. We've got a lot of us trialing this so it remains to be seen.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Even the barbecue wasn't completely cristal ball at the temples, so the 4 month full regrowth seems reasonable, i wonder if he would regrow this quickly if he had a shiny scalp that was miniaturized for years.

image.png

image.png

Notice how they temple are still not grown yet?

image.png

Bam!! temples are now showing as well.

BBQ guy need a Saturday night bump!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
BBQ guy need a Saturday night bump!

Notice the LARGE SCAB though. That wound must have been pretty deep relative to our needle pricks with the dermaroller.

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't this go against what Follica believes ? The reason why mice grow hair when wounded and why humans don't is because of the lack of FGF-9.

If this guy is growing hair from being wounded then..

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't this go against what Follica believes ? The reason why mice grow hair when wounded and why humans don't is because of the lack of FGF-9.

If this guy is growing hair from being wounded then..

Perhaps it depends from person to person with how much FGF-9 is expressed?

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
I gota get my hands on FGF, just hope I don't get aids from experimenting with it.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you RisingFist for the study
I`ll try to contact with the dr. in my idea problems with sebum flow are important to start the alopecia process

http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php

Hey guys check out this study, I find it interesting. It talks about bald people having thicker scalps and grease trapped in which prevents nutrients to get to follicles. The method they used in the study to remedy the problem is massage with your fingers 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at night. At 150 days, the dome like shape of the scalp compressed half way making the skin thinner and at another 150 days, the scalp became even thinner making it close to regular scalps and causing regrowth to 100% of patients. It also helped remove grease from the follicles (I wonder if dermarolling is doing the same thing). It's quite intriguing. Please take a look and discuss cause if it's viable, it's completely free and we can all incorporate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.