New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I just finished my first session. I dermaroller as much and as deep as I could. I bleed. A LOT. I ended up with blood all over my face, my neck, my shoulders.

And now, I just can't believe that there are guys out there who can consider this kind of pain a real deterrence. I mean, seriusly?. What are you, eleven years old?. For your comments I was expecting some kind of torture session.

Man, this is easier than going to the freaking dentist. I mean, yeah, doing this kind of thing 2 times a day would be a pain in the ***. But just once a week?... this is ridiculous...

Did it ever occur to you that we're all different? Some have higher pain thresholds, more sensative skin, thinner skin, or tougher. I am amazed that people older than 20 haven't learned that lesson, but rather still live in their own little world and everyone is going around them. If you can tolerate it, then be happy, but just calling out people that feel different is just stupid. Because I was unaware that you are able to feel others sensations.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Did it ever occur to you that we're all different? Some have higher pain thresholds, more sensative skin, thinner skin, or tougher. I am amazed that people older than 20 haven't learned that lesson, but rather still live in their own little world and everyone is going around them. If you can tolerate it, then be happy, but just calling out people that feel different is just stupid. Because I was unaware that you are able to feel others sensations.

I know it hurts. Everytime I do it, I am like **** this but then I think about the positive and rewards so I shut up and do it. You mine is stronger than a bunch of microscopic needles puncturing your pumpkin. Just brainwash your mine to it. 5 minutes a week to get your hair back and feel good about yourself.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I know it hurts. Everytime I do it, I am like **** this but then I think about the positive and rewards so I shut up and do it. You mine is stronger than a bunch of microscopic needles puncturing your pumpkin. Just brainwash your mine to it. 5 minutes a week to get your hair back and feel good about yourself.

Dude, I did it for 35 minutes about 2 days ago, 1.5mm, pressed all the way in.

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
Super, thanks for sharing your results and pics! There's some definite improvement there, keep us updated.

Princess, I just bought a bristle brush :D I don't know how you have time to dig up all these studies, but I love it, thanks man.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Super, thanks for sharing your results and pics! There's some definite improvement there, keep us updated.

Where are Super's pics? Link??

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score

Princess, I just bought a bristle brush :D I don't know how you have time to dig up all these studies, but I love it, thanks man.
He sad he works from home.
What do you do for work, Rambo?

hitmeback28

Reaction score
Any chance a laser comb would work in conjunction with this or as a replacement to minoxidil? Also thinking Aloe Vera or Adenosine might work bc all three are useful for wound healing. Or I could be totally off. Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance a laser comb would work in conjunction with this or as a replacement to minoxidil? Also thinking Aloe Vera or Adenosine might work bc all three are useful for wound healing. Or I could be totally off. Thoughts?

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
Good for you, hope you get awesome results, but I don't get the point of badmouthing people who say it hurts, they are simply stating a fact, as informing others how it feels when they roll it. I do my own tattoos (yes I even tattooed some part of my scalp), I often clean my own teeth, I put my shoulder back together when it goes out of it's socket sparring muay thai with my buddy, weekly when I dermaroll my whole head bleeds like a pool of blood in that kill-bill scene where black mamba confronts the whole f*cking yakuza clan with Hattori Hanzo's sword, does it hurt? F*ck yeah, does that make me a pussy saying that? well if you think so then

Alright guys. Sorry for my remarks about pain. They were unnecesary. Let's still be friends.

Now, just out of curiosity, can everyone reading this please post how much time does your dermaroller sessions last?

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
So, 1.5 mm or 2.5 mm? Don't care about pain so whatever works best.

Well that would depend on your objective, if you want to follow the study, then use the 1.5mm. Or you can buy the 2.5mm and try to only go in half way in, your choice. I personally started with 1.5mm for about 30-45mins a session and now I moved to 2.5mm after 2 months now. My goal is to try and replicate follica's method as close as I can, and I personally think that the best way to go is now 2.5mm. I would advice that anything you choose you stay consistent with it and take photos along the way.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Alright guys. Sorry for my remarks about pain. They were unnecesary. Let's still be friends.

Now, just out of curiosity, can everyone reading this please post how much time does your dermaroller sessions last?

I like it fast and furious.. Why Should I go 35 minutes? Get as much holes as you can in your skin ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that would depend on your objective, if you want to follow the study, then use the 1.5mm. Or you can buy the 2.5mm and try to only go in half way in, your choice. I personally started with 1.5mm for about 30-45mins a session and now I moved to 2.5mm after 2 months now. My goal is to try and replicate follica's method as close as I can, and I personally think that the best way to go is now 2.5mm. I would advice that anything you choose you stay consistent with it and take photos along the way.

That is some good stuff Desperate!:salut: Promoted to Corporal!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Lasercomb LOL.. get some D-ribose or creatine if you want some topical ATP for wound healing.

- - - Updated - - -

Ganonford! good stuff on the rolling! Keep it this way!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
laser comb is useless....I built a complete 80 diode helmet, and it did help with my early stages -- and I believe it does help some -- but a laser comb is an absolute abomination and scam for the price/diode

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score

10-15 minutes to do the entire top of my head

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

We believe a lot of things here. So, where are the first results for the dermarolling?

Personally, I'm seeing thicker hair shafts, rapid growth, lots of vellus and a hand full of terminals.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Had my first session today, it stung like a mofo but could be worse. Question - Are you guys sterilising it before you use it? If that is the case are you making sure to rinse it thoroughly before rolling? I'm just concerned that the surgical spirit that I am using may stay on the needle -even though I rinse it- and therefore will enter my blood stream? Which may not be good. Are you all just using rubbing alcohol?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Had my first session today, it stung like a mofo but could be worse. Question - Are you guys sterilising it before you use it? If that is the case are you making sure to rinse it thoroughly before rolling? I'm just concerned that the surgical spirit that I am using may stay on the needle -even though I rinse it- and therefore will enter my blood stream? Which may not be good. Are you all just using rubbing alcohol?

I'm using a saline solution to sterilize...If saline is good enough to put in your eyeball after a victrectomy, than its good enough for this...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I'm using a saline solution to sterilize...If saline is good enough to put in your eyeball after a victrectomy, than its good enough for this...

link??

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
No link -- my opthamologist might be doing one on me...it's saline that replaces your vitreous fluid...I can't remember what the stuff is called, but it's kinda expensive and rubbing alcohol is just as good

Roger that!

- - - Updated - - -

I just rolled it! my scalp looks like I ended up in a windshield from a car accident!

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score

Ah ok, so do you make your own or buy it? Does it sting when applied?

- - - Updated - - -

Squeegee - Are you still doing it 3 times per week I'm sure I read somewhere or are you doing it once a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.