Oh the joys of going "slowly" bald

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
I don' feel superior to bald people. I feel superior to people who are depressed, insecure and a bit strange. Bald or not.

Maybe this is one of the reasons people treat you like they do UM?

e.g. I'd feel very superior if I met Ted from Scrubs. And not because he's bald.

I actually feel inferior to people who are bald and happy, enjoy life and are just normal as it shows they cope with what's thrown at them better than I do.

"I feel superior to (X)" is not a place you want to go. Thinking you're better than people shows, and it's not an attractive quality.
Say someone's "a bit strange", or "insecure" due to something like autism, bipolar disorder, etc. Really cool to say you're "superior" to them because you weren't born with a certain condition. I bet you feel superior to people with Down's as well.
Whatever it takes to feel good about yourself...

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
Yah I agree with some. I wouldnt have commented on your "so called" friends balding heads. Just let it rest. In the end...you won..however ..just keep it to yourself.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
kerzyguy said:
spinner2 said:
Haha, sure you are kerzyguy :whistle:

why does everyone think im not, i have temple recession

The thought of you wasting your life thinking you're ugly and have hairloss makes up for the fact that you're here throwing your hair in everyone's face. So feel free to stick around and waste away it truly is a welcomed sight.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Person Guy, now, in this particular case about kerzyguy, I totally agree with you.

ali777

Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
kerzyguy said:
spinner2 said:
Haha, sure you are kerzyguy :whistle:

why does everyone think im not, i have temple recession

The thought of you wasting your life thinking you're ugly and have hairloss makes up for the fact that you're here throwing your hair in everyone's face. So feel free to stick around and waste away it truly is a welcomed sight.

Can I join "bash the Krazy Guy" gang :jackit: ???

I actually think he's thinning and he needs to jump on 1mg of finasteride, 15% xandrox, and 50mg of spironolactone ASAP, otherwise he's going to be bald before he's 30. That would be a real shame, such a nice guy losing his hair before 30. He should take preventive action while he can.

I didn't have noticeable thinning until I was 29, but I had temple recession way before that. If I took preventive action, I would have managed to slow down my hairloss.... I caught it too late :sobbing: . He doesn't have to make the same mistakes as me :dunno: .

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Well said, Personguy.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Kerzguy you seem to contradict yourself alot. You try so hard to convince everyone your losing your hair yet whenever someone actually says you are losing you either ignore the comment or deflect it as them being wrong.

That being said I agree with most people in that you have nothing to worry about and shouldn't be wasting your time obessing over thousands of pictures of your hair, thats just my opinion though. :woot:

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
heyitsthatguy said:
Kerzguy you seem to contradict yourself alot. You try so hard to convince everyone your losing your hair yet whenever someone actually says you are losing you either ignore the comment or deflect it as them being wrong.

That being said I agree with most people in that you have nothing to worry about and shouldn't be wasting your time obessing over thousands of pictures of your hair, thats just my opinion though. :woot:

well i ignore the ones that are like "nw7 in 3 months" or "get a piece" i know my hairs is still pretty good and im just worried about the front recession, i dont need a transplant or a piece, and nw7 i highly doubt, ive never seen 1 nw7 in my entire family through the past 3-4 generations, worst ive seen was nw3, a thick nw3 as well, i just read so much about the maternal grandfather and it bothers me that i dont have any pictures of him past 30 cause he bailed on my grandma and mom and died in his early 50s, i wish i had a picture of him at like 40 or so.. but its not like i dont have any recession, i do, and right now i know its on the nw2, i compare pics from last year and my hairs still the same, and has been the same for a while, so i doubt its receeding currently, receeded yes it is, but i wonder what my hair will be like later, i hope my brother is a good indication and dad

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
220 posts just because you haven't seen your maternal grandfather? You're obviously not balding, so why are you so obsessed about the slight possibility that you could have a balding gene in your family? I wish I was here because of that... well wait a minute, I don't, 'cause that would mean that I would be obsessing about nothing. Which I am, according to Quantum Cat.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Your obsession with Quantam Cat is truly endearing GHG. Happy Valentines day. :gay:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Your obsession with Quantam Cat is truly endearing GHG. Happy Valentines day. :gay:

Yes I'm totally OBSESSED with that guy. I'd like him to be beside me when I wake up in the morning.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
die_hard said:
There is the obvious advantage of slowly losing your hair in the sence that it takes longer to lose all your hair and gived more time to start treatment, but then again there is a different advantage as well..

I started losing my hair at a really young age. I was 16 when my friends pointed it out to me that I ahd a receiting hairline and I'm not sure how long before that it actually started. Bottom line is, I was the first of my group of friends to start to go bald by a long shot. While my hairlne didn't look bad at all and I still did fine with the ladies I did get teased about it pretty bad. It didn't bother me at all , but it was enough to start worrying about going bald a lot sooner that I should have.

Fast farward 8 years and I'm now a NW2.5 (receiting hair loss, diffuse). I absolutely LOVE coming accross some of my old highschool friends..the same ones who tried to give me a hard time when I started to lose the hair and they were then a perfect NW1...are now anytwhere from 4 to 8 years later a norwood 3.5 or worse. HA! Here they are with the heads shaved, razor burn on the scalp, tryin to pull off the "I"m not really bald, I just don't like hair" look. And then I come strollin up with my nice short NW2.5, gelled and spiked up in the front and on top, nice and distinguished still..and saying something like..

:whistle: man it sure is bright out today :whistle: ...

:innocent: that sun really is Shinning down..reflecting right off the face of the big round earth eh?

my god would it ever suck to have to shave your head these days, do you wear sun screan up there unstead of hairgel these days there, Chrome Dome? :youbet:

And all they can do is sit there and be like :badmood: "SHUTUP"

hahaha, I'm not one to make fun or bring people down all the time, but it's nice to see how karma can come back around and bite back :mrgreen:

-DH
In other words while those guys have probably matured and wouldn't bag you about hairloss anymore, you didn't learn a lesson and thought it would be funny rub your old friends misfortune in his face???
And then you post it on a hairloss forum...like anyones going to find that funny man..

ali777

Reaction score
I've got one.........

Today, I bumped into a guy I knew 5-6 years ago. The last time I saw him must have been 3-4 years ago. He must be in his late 20s now. I hate the bastard, he used to be an arrogant prick.

Anyway, he's really changed in 3-4 years. He's gone from no visible hairloss to NW4, his body looked slumped as well. I'm in much better overall shape than him.

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but deep down inside I was happy I looked much better than him.

I don't mean I was happy that his male pattern baldness was more aggressive than mine, I was just happy to see him looking crap.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
ghg said:
uncomfortable man said:

Yes I'm totally OBSESSED with that guy. I'd like him to be beside me when I wake up in the morning.
Hey GH, I have a new found hatred for Quantum Cat. It turns out he has another profile under the name Zcat and he has perfect hair. He has a thread in men's general right now by the name of 7month update. Why don't you go pay him a visit and torch that f****r.

:punk:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Oh, and Die Hard...if you would have said those things to me you would have experienced the joys of a bloody nose.