Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you just added dutasteride for an extra boost not because you were losing ground?

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Well before the break up I was maintaining well with finasteride... but after my hair went to sh*t!I guess stress and dropping treatments really impacted my hair.

So I decided to start again this time adding 0.5 dutasteride with minoxidil liquid at night. Morning I take biotin and that's it

So you just added dutasteride for an extra boost not because you were losing ground?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well before the break up I was maintaining well with finasteride... but after my hair went to sh*t!I guess stress and dropping treatments really impacted my hair.

So I decided to start again this time adding 0.5 dutasteride with minoxidil liquid at night. Morning I take biotin and that's it
What treatments did you drop? Why did you drop them?

Also curious how you stay that lean with that much muscle. Do you keep your bf % that low all year? Whenever I cut my body feels like absolute sh*t, can't stay below 10% bodyfat for more than a couple months or my testosterone tanks. Are you just naturally lower bodyfat so your body feels fine that way? What's your diet like? No steroids or prohormones?

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Update thickest hair I've ever had literally!! I'm gobsmacked

Attachments

• IMG_5905.JPG
    IMG_5905.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_5906.JPG
    IMG_5906.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_5907.JPG
    IMG_5907.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 694

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
After the break up I dropped finasteride and minoxidil...

Yep I keep like this all year round. I was always genetically lean so it's just a matter of staying committed to training 4x week and eating reasonably well (I cheat occasionally )

What treatments did you drop? Why did you drop them?

Also curious how you stay that lean with that much muscle. Do you keep your bf % that low all year? Whenever I cut my body feels like absolute sh*t, can't stay below 10% bodyfat for more than a couple months or my testosterone tanks. Are you just naturally lower bodyfat so your body feels fine that way? What's your diet like? No steroids or prohormones?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard work mate
That's insane man. How old are you now? It's fuckn tough to really push it in the gym when the hair keeps getting worse and worse, even after 3 years on finasteride. Tried dutasteride with no success as well. Really lucky you responded so well.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 33 but can pass 25 easy

Sorry to hear that mate. What about topical RU?

My buddy responded well to 2.5mg of dutasteride the 0.5 did nothing for him . Be warned though side effects may be more severe

That's insane man. How old are you now? It's fuckn tough to really push it in the gym when the hair keeps getting worse and worse, even after 3 years on finasteride. Tried dutasteride with no success as well. Really lucky you responded so well.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 33 but can pass 25 easy

Sorry to hear that mate. What about topical RU?

My buddy responded well to 2.5mg of dutasteride the 0.5 did nothing for him . Be warned though side effects may be more severe
Haven't tried topical RU, may get some. Little sketched that it is made in some Chinese factory without any regulations. Also doesn't seem to be very effective for most. Feel much safer taking finasteride and dutasteride than that because of the extensive testing done to attain FDA approval. Reason I quit dutasteride was side effects though. Sex drive and libido sky rocketed the first 1-1.5 months on it, but started declining and seemed to tank. Long half-life scared me as well. So I quit it and went back to finasteride. Only 23, not willing to sacrifice my sex life for the possibility of getting some results, which I wasn't even getting. Guess everyone's body responds differently. You seemed to hit the jackpot, super strong responder to ar inhibitors and no side effects. Also minoxidil was useless for me. Yo I'm about to leave you a private message about your lifting and diet n sh*t if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Sure man anytime

What level of hairloss are you at ?

Haven't tried topical RU, may get some. Little sketched that it is made in some Chinese factory without any regulations. Also doesn't seem to be very effective for most. Feel much safer taking finasteride and dutasteride than that because of the extensive testing done to attain FDA approval. Reason I quit dutasteride was side effects though. Sex drive and libido sky rocketed the first 1-1.5 months on it, but started declining and seemed to tank. Long half-life scared me as well. So I quit it and went back to finasteride. Only 23, not willing to sacrifice my sex life for the possibility of getting some results, which I wasn't even getting. Guess everyone's body responds differently. You seemed to hit the jackpot, super strong responder to ar inhibitors and no side effects. Also minoxidil was useless for me. Yo I'm about to leave you a private message about your lifting and diet n sh*t if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure man anytime

What level of hairloss are you at ?
Idk I think I am a NW3, but consensus I got on here was between NW2 and NW3. No crown bald spot, but bad hairline recession and thinning at the forelock area. The diffuse thinning is really starting to kill me tho and losing some hair on the sides and back of head as well. Have more hair than you did at the start of this thread, less in the forelock area though. Was a strong NW2 with no diffuse thinning when started treatments 3 years ago though.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
What side effects were u having? Im really thinking of hitting up dutaresteride but am not sure how diff it is from propecia. No sides on propecia
Didn't notice any sides on finasteride. Maybe slightly lower libido and less morning wood, but nothing really noticeable. Dutasteride initially my sex drive was nuts. Like was horny all the time. Then all of a sudden just reversed and had some trouble getting it up several times. Quit all ar inhibitors for a month, then went back on finasteride. Think things are pretty much back to normal.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did u give dutasteride before u concluded it wasnt working
Was only on it 2.5 months. Idk if it would have worked, but nothing had changed as of then. Wasn't going to continue with it if getting sides.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol bro thats nothing u gotta give it time. How has finasteride been for u? Ive been on finasteride for 5 months but think imma switch to dutasteride asap just need a legit source to buy from
Yeah I know so can't really gauge whether it was working. Some people see regrowth within 2 months tho. And the half life is pretty long so probs still have some in my system, even though I've been off it 1.5 months.

Finasteride has been garbage. Been on it 3 years, continue to lose hair pretty bad. Can use Medical Wellness Center for duta script. I used them. They send the script to a local pharmacy of your choosing, then you pick it up from there. Got mine sent to Costco, sh*t was dirt cheap.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah maybe I didn't give it a chance but wanted more so upped to 1g .

All my buddies made the switch to dutasteride after many years on Finasteride and it's far far superior.

Did u try 0.5 mg before 1g? Why dont u just take 0.5g as is recommended?

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate I'll get back to your DM when I have more time.

My buddy uses Nizoral shampoo 2% every night and leaves it in 10 minutes then uses 5% minoxidil all over his scalp. 0.5 mg dutasteride first thing in the morning and at night before bed . His results are off the charts impressive.Norwood 3 diffused to NW1.5 with thick healthy hair. Before it was dull , dry and lifeless ..I could see the changes happen monthly.I'm amazed the power of treatments we have. male pattern baldness can be beaten without turning ourselves into women

Yeah I know so can't really gauge whether it was working. Some people see regrowth within 2 months tho. And the half life is pretty long so probs still have some in my system, even though I've been off it 1.5 months.

Finasteride has been garbage. Been on it 3 years, continue to lose hair pretty bad. Can use Medical Wellness Center for duta script. I used them. They send the script to a local pharmacy of your choosing, then you pick it up from there. Got mine sent to Costco, sh*t was dirt cheap.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok man, but are your budy taking aromatase inhibitor ?
with such an amount of duta this is hard not to get gyno .

would you recommend dutasteride 0.5 mg as a first line of attack instead of finasteride ?

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
No gyno to report from him. He's making nice muscle gains in the gym too

I would say start with finasteride. I'm glad I did cause at first it was amazing

Ok man, but are your budy taking aromatase inhibitor ?
with such an amount of duta this is hard not to get gyno .

would you recommend dutasteride 0.5 mg as a first line of attack instead of finasteride ?

Status
Not open for further replies.