PLEASE GUYS TELL ME WHY YOU DESTROY YOURSELVES LIKE THIS.

docj077

Reaction score
blondeguy said:
The balding pattern is the same in adolescent animals closely related to humans, like chimpanzees. Older primates with receding hairlines use their foreheads to convey maturity and status in the group. You are correct that prostate cancer risk is a 1.5 times increase in guys who have vertex balding in their 20s. That is a susceptibility, not a genetic defect. Splitting hairs, perhaps, but my lactose intolerance isn't a defect either. The point either way is that male pattern baldness is normal and natural and not a hideous genetic defect carried by mutants who must get on libido-killing drugs immediately 'lest they are befallen next week with cancer. That was the alarmism I initially responded to.

What you've typed above has made me realize that we have competely different definitions when it comes to the field of genetics. In every textbook I've every read, disaccharidase deficiency is considered a genetic defect as you're either not producing enough enyzme or you're not producing any enzyme preventing you from metabolizing lactose, which causes a corresponding osmotic diarrhea. To me (and from what I've read in numerous books) that is the very essence of your basic enzyme-based genetic disorder...the lack of an enzyme or a defective enzyme.

To me, a cellular receptor that has a triplet repeat mutation and single nucleotide repeat mutations is defective, as well. Again, that is another fundamental cause of a genetic disorders. A deletion or insertion inhibiting receptor structure and function. That is the essence of male pattern baldness. I defective receptor with clear nucleotide mutations behaving in a way that is removed from the physiological norm.

So, if we can't even agree on the basics, then this debate is pointless.

Again, to me, processes that promote a fibrotic response other than wound healing are not normal physiological processes. They never have been and they never will be. With that, I'd simply like to end this by stating that I'm not here to scare people, I'm here to make people aware of their health, the possibilities, and what studies have shown not as significant, but as risk factors. male pattern baldness is a risk factor for heart disease and prostate cancer. Studies show that. However, there is no significant link between the diseases.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
yah but your asking docj what your dad should do to help himself...shouldnt your dad, whos ALREADY a doctor know how to help himself?

haha he knows how, he just doesn't want to. :hairy:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
slimpiggy got no time for us due to a new bf?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Blondeguy: From all I've read, male pattern baldness sufferers do have a greater chance of contracting prostate cancer and heart disease. I tried to fight that fact when I starting reading up on male pattern baldness, but I had to surrender because it's too widely accepted by doctors and the medical community.

Men with male pattern baldness have a greater chance of contracting prostate cancer and heart disease.

In fact, I read an interesting comment in a book about a famous military general. This was many years ago so I can't remember if it was Napoleon but it was some very famous military general.

The General said he noticed balding men suffered heart attacks more often than non-balding men when embarking on long, tortureous marches. (I think this "observation" was made when Napoleon marched his men out of Russia but I'm not sure? Well, that's how I remember it - LOL!)

This, in and of itself, doesn't prove anything but it was surprising that a General would notice this problem with balding men.

Doctor: Is it possible that some men with male pattern baldness just plain have more AR's than normal and this doesn't necessarily mean that all of us will suffer "other" organ fibrosis or blood vessel "stiffening"?

I ask this because I've read some doctors/researchers say that male pattern baldness sufferers sometimes have more AR's than normal.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Slimpiggy is one funny guy even tho he is a complete ***! I've just been reading all his posts - hahaha! Is there anywhere else on this forum where he has posted more insane stuff? I could do with a laugh right now!

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
The General said he noticed balding men suffered heart attacks more often than non-balding men when embarking on long, tortureous marches. (I think this "observation" was made when Napoleon marched his men out of Russia but I'm not sure? Well, that's how I remember it - LOL!)

It was probably Napoleon... see:Baldar