PLEASE GUYS TELL ME WHY YOU DESTROY YOURSELVES LIKE THIS.

plusryan

Established Member
Reaction score
slimretard, why can't you connect complete sentences? Why are you on a hair-loss forum? Why the hell are you picking fights with people? Why are you here if you have a full head of hair?

People keep posting evidence but it seems as if your retardedness skims right over it and you go right to posting stupid sh*t.

What-the-f%# dude?

G

i dont care if you won money, you freak.

but though its a serious topic which you started. is it really worth taking hairloss treatments?

i say, im not sure. because well, i need to take one pill, put on minoxidil foam twice a day and use nizoral shampoo every third day. well thats effort you need to spend into it. and despite you loose money. that are serious problems with battling hairloss.

then there are possible long term side effects from propecia. im not sure about them and i want to quit finasterid as soon as possible. i really hope there will be topicals which are as effective or hair multiplication.

taking a pill with possible side effects is a serious problem.

on the other hand it works. i have stopped my hairloss and its getting better. im gona add fluridil and i hope i can my hair really nice again.

so well, on that toppic, its up to debate if its worth taking all these treatments.

im not sure about it whats right , though i actually use treatments. because i care about my hair.

AND, treatments do work, thats a fact. its even proven.

so please, dont listen to that guy. he started a good topic which we seriously should discuss.

but insulting people for their problems and what they are doing is another thing. its easy to insult someone who cares about hair and uses treatments to stop his hairloss.

you know i dont care one bit about you, whoever you are, and i dont if you won 100 bucks.

but you started an important topic and we should seriously discuss about it.

the reason why i didnt get a hair transplant yet, is near some others, that i m not sure if i want to take the treatments forever.

so really, please guys , dont care about him, but discuss about the toppic![/u][/list]

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
glad it's over, see ya

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: thanks

slimpiggy said:
THANKS GUYS.
IN JUST ONE DAY IVE MANAGED TO GET THE LOT OF YOU ANGRY.
I WAS BET THAT I COULDNT BEAT THE TOP SCORE ON HERE OF REPLIES WHICH IS 90.WELL GUESS WAT I HAVE.
AND IVE WON 100 POUNDS AT YOUR EXPENSE!!!!!!!!!!
NICE ONE GUYS
THANKS VERY MUCH.
IL BE SEEING YOU.

He knows that is not true. The post count includes his replies. Nobody is going to bet if you can include that. It makes him happy the idea that somebody thinks that he is clever....usual inferiority complex, always trying to show something. I know that he is reading this, as well, but he won't reply...to make us think that he doesn't bother. Too many people laughing at him in real life, for sure.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
slimpiggy,

I am a long time lurker of the forum and I actually registered today just to post this to you, you my friend is for sure one of the biggest loser I happened to encounter online. Why are you here when you don't suffer from male pattern baldness at all? You came here just to attack people who are suffering from male pattern baldness to make yourself feel better? If that was the case, I am pretty sure you did an awesome job entertaining yourself. It's lucky for you to have gorgeous hair, but it's very unfortunate that you have such low self esteem. I don't know if you believe in karma, but being an a**h** like yourself, something bad is meant to happen to you. Good luck living your pathetic life, Loser. :)

trapsource

Reaction score
slim piggy, i cant listen too you, your mon was too busy running her fingers through my hair you fat f***

trapsource

Reaction score
I meant mom. Sorry shes a freak. And what kind of losers make bets for a hairloss forum? Holy sh*t dude get a life. Keep jerking off in you sisters panty droor

Pondle

Reaction score
slimpiggy said:
hey
im here ok
i dont run
ill say it again.stop taking pills,lotions,creams and keep your money.you wont keep your hair anyway.just go bald like the rest of the population ok.
im glad someone on here is taking this seriously.and if you look a few people are now questioning why you do it.
stop spending day in day out putting stupid bloody creams on your head and get real.you look stupid using that greasy $#iT on your heads.it dosent work.
look at any website and theyll tell you that you will lose ure hair in 2 years anyway.the body needs dht!!!!am i getting through to u?it needs it and will have it.u can try and blok it all u like but it will still emerge victorious.
finasteride causes cancer,minoxidill
leaves u with no hair at all after it and ure wasting money.
ill be back shortly with some tips for you guys ok.
hopefully youl listen to me.

Slimpiggy, if you don't like hair loss treatments then fine. But frankly I'm not interested in your opinion, and neither are most folks on here. Being a troll does not make you big or clever, OK?

FDA-approved treatments have real science behind them. Your assertion that finasteride causes cancer is bunkum - cite a reputable scientific source.

You were that guy who got banned from stophairlossnow.co.uk weren't you? Seriously dude, you NEED a girlfriend. And a life.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Pondle said:
slimpiggy said:
hey
im here ok
i dont run
ill say it again.stop taking pills,lotions,creams and keep your money.you wont keep your hair anyway.just go bald like the rest of the population ok.
im glad someone on here is taking this seriously.and if you look a few people are now questioning why you do it.
stop spending day in day out putting stupid bloody creams on your head and get real.you look stupid using that greasy $#iT on your heads.it dosent work.
look at any website and theyll tell you that you will lose ure hair in 2 years anyway.the body needs dht!!!!am i getting through to u?it needs it and will have it.u can try and blok it all u like but it will still emerge victorious.
finasteride causes cancer,minoxidill
leaves u with no hair at all after it and ure wasting money.
ill be back shortly with some tips for you guys ok.
hopefully youl listen to me.

Slimpiggy, if you don't like hair loss treatments then fine. But frankly I'm not interested in your opinion, and neither are most folks on here. Being a troll does not make you big or clever, OK?

FDA-approved treatments have real science behind them. Your assertion that finasteride causes cancer is bunkum - cite a reputable scientific source.

You were that guy who got banned from stophairlossnow.co.uk weren't you? Seriously dude, you NEED a girlfriend. And a life.

slimpiggy having a gf? C'mom bro, that's definitely an insult to all the females. The only reason he was here on a Sat night is because he is a loser and possibly a virgin? lol

Many people here will take male pattern baldness over being this pathetic loser any day of the week. slimpiggy got hair, but no manhood.

Loser/a**h** is actually an understatement for him. lol

docj077

Reaction score
Re: Doctor

docj077 said:
Actually, the androgen receptor is indeed defective. It has a single nucleotide repeat mutation in most men and some men have a triplet repeat mutation, as well. The possible mutations that can be found within the androgen receptor are what create androgen insensitivity, normalcy, or androgen hypersensitivity (which is likely what we see with male pattern baldness). The receptor is defective from birth, so it is an inherited defect.
blondeguy said:
Human males evolved to lose their hair to some degree. Androgen sensitivity is a genetic variation, not a health defect. This pattern of baldness is also found in the animal kingdom.
So, you think that a pro-fibrotic phenonemon in the integument of mankind is a healthy genetic variation? Wow, you have one scary opinion. If the receptor can do that in the scalp, then what is to stop it from eventually evolving to doing it in the muscle, the testicles, or the lymphatic endothelial cells? All that is required are fibroblasts with the defective androgen receptor in a target tissue and you'll have the same response. To me, it would seem that doing scientific research on hair loss and developing drugs to cure it will help scientists cure pulmonary fibrosis, hepatic cirrhosis, fibrosis associated with chronic pancreatitis, and kidney fibrosis. So, who are you to say that mankind shouldn't worry about it? Preventing perifollicular fibrosis could very well be the key to curing chronic disease and organ injury.

Also, finasteride and dutasteride act to bring balance to the environment surrounding the androgen receptor by decreasing the amount of DHT available for binding and signaling.
blondeguy said:
The "natural" balance is to have DHT, or it wouldn't be there in the first place.
This statement is incorrect. DHT is not a requirement of any body process past puberty, but a reduction can affect fertility to a small degree. Testosterone and a few other androgens can bind to the androgen receptor, as well, and cause a similar response. DHT just binds with a greater affinity and causes a larger conformational change in the receptor.

The reason that the 5 alpha reductase enzyme exists is that without the type I isoform of the enzyme, the fetus will not survive due to estrogen excess.

Men with male pattern baldness do have higher rates of prostate cancer and heart disease.
blondeguy said:
The American Cancer Institute does not believe Propecia should be taken to prevent cancer. It is not considered an anti-prostate cancer treatment. In fact, their study found that finasteride increased chances of a more aggressive form of tumor, and the decreased PSA can hinder the ability to detect prostate cancer by your doctor. I'm sure you already know all this.
No, the American Cancer society does not believe that Propecia should be taken for prostate cancer prevention. However, it will prevent the development of hormone sensitive cancers, which is quite evident in recent studies that demonstrate this fact. A recommendation is very different from an off-label indication.

Also, propecia does not increase the risk of high grade cancer. I can not stress this fact enough. The risk is already there from a genetic standpoint. Propecia merely prevents the development of hormone sensitive cancers, so the only logical remaining type of cancer will be hormone insensitive, which are automatically high grade.

These drugs make you feel like crap, because they return you to a physiological norm and that's something that men with this defect have never experienced, because they were born with it.
blondeguy said:
I mean, really, this is so ridiculous. Feeling like crap is a physiological norm? How much is Merck paying you?

Merck doesn't pay me anything. In case you haven't noticed (which I doubt you have, because you seem to have tunnel vision on this forum), I've actually posted in numerous threads regarding the health effects of taking 5AR inhibitors including their possible future link to neurogenerative disease, increasing the chance of seizures, and their possible link to thyroid anomalies.

Also, if you would simply read, you'd notice that I had to quit the drugs due to health problems myself. Do you honestly think I'd even mention that if I was working for a company that sells 5AR inhibitors? Don't be such an idiot!

First of all, it's quite silly to think that all older men with male pattern baldness have been on 5AR inhibitors since their creation or have even had access.
blondeguy said:
I didn't say all older men. I just asked for an example of an older guy who has a reasonably full head of hair that he can attribute to having used hair loss treatments for the last 10 years. Propecia's been available since '97, and Rogaine even longer.
You haven't spent enough time around here to hear from the veterans that have been on these drugs for five to ten years and hear their success stories. Most have maintained and some have seen regrowth after even three or four years. For many, there is simply nothing that they can do. The androgen response is too strong for even 70-94% percent 5AR inhibition.

Once they were created, they were incredibly expensive, no physician would prescribe them, and we didn't have the online/overseas pharmacies that everyone adores. So, noone was on these drugs religiously until well into the '90s. There are very few men around here that have been on these drugs longer than five years. What does that tell you?
blondeguy said:
That nobody knows the long-term effects of DHT inhibition, and those who have taken it for several years still lost hair or we'd be hearing from them. One thing I do notice around here is posts from guys who continue to go bald despite their treatments.

The simple fact that we don't hear from people on this forum is typical. Once people have success, they don't come back and those that do come back have maintained what they regrew.

Those that continue to go bald despite treatment usually have seborrheic dermatitis and other underlying pathologies that prevent adequate treatment of male pattern baldness. You'd probably notice that, as well, if you'd simply read instead of judge.
Personally, I find your opinion to be about as worthless as the opinion as the thread creator. There have been a lot of people on these forums that have increased their hair density and distribution with propecia, avodart, and minoxidil. So, to call their results lackluster (which is what you seem to be doing), is more of an insult to them and their hard work. You really should consider the feelings of others before you make yourself into a jackass.
blondeguy said:
I tried to be polite with you in my disagreement, but honestly, you're a jerk.
What's the matter? Do I keep it too real for you? You might as well just stop now and get used to medical professionals that don't allow you to step all over them just because you think you deserve an opinion. You're the one that comes on here and mocks the progress of my fellow forumites. In my eyes, your opinion and your posts are worth less than the dirt that I walk upon. Keep it up, because I think you're making a lot of friends around here.

IBM said:
Some guys come to this board and say that we have to accept baldness as something gorgeous that shows our virility and strength. Even some of this guys say that find hot women with bald heads.
blondeguy said:
I just think guys who have let it take over their psyche should get over it. It's not a big deal no matter how much some folks try to scare you.
You're right! It isn't a big deal. But, for those that do care you'd demonstrate kindness and compassion to actually care about their suffering and show some freakin' empathy. Instead, you bash them, you insult their progress, and you insult their intelligence by telling them to remove drugs from their regimen that they've made the conscious decision to take months or even years ago.

I recommend you either leave or say something that doesn't make you look like a total tool. It'll not only help your internet image, but it'll probably make it less likely that one of us will simply put a boot across your face if we see you walking down the street.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score

docj077 said:
So, you think that a pro-fibrotic phenonemon in the integument of mankind is a healthy genetic variation? Wow, you have one scary opinion.

And you have an amusing tendency to exaggerate your vocabulary to sound authoritative. :)

Yes, it's a totally healthy genetic variation, or it wouldn't have evolved to occur in so many men. It's even found in the animal kingdom. There's nothing unhealthy about masculine hair thinning, no matter how much you try to scare these guys into buying drugs.

If the receptor can do that in the scalp, then what is to stop it from eventually evolving to doing it in the muscle, the testicles, or the lymphatic endothelial cells?

This is ludicrous. It wouldn't just magically make the genetic leap toward affecting your muscles and testicles one morning. I'm simply astonished at the scare tactics you use in front of emotionally vulnerable people who are more willing to believe it.

All that is required are fibroblasts with the defective androgen receptor in a target tissue and you'll have the same response. To me, it would seem that doing scientific research on hair loss and developing drugs to cure it will help scientists cure pulmonary fibrosis, hepatic cirrhosis, fibrosis associated with chronic pancreatitis, and kidney fibrosis. So, who are you to say that mankind shouldn't worry about it? Preventing perifollicular fibrosis could very well be the key to curing chronic disease and organ injury.

I never said mankind shouldn't cure chronic disease and organ injury. Why would I, since that wasn't the topic of conversation? Making the grand leap to that from perifollicular fibrosis is the sort of alarmist hysteria I will always take a stand against.

This statement is incorrect. DHT is not a requirement of any body process past puberty, but a reduction can affect fertility to a small degree.

DHT is a naturally produced hormone in the body; thus, it is part of the natural balance. It's interesting that you contradict yourself in one sentence, claiming it's not a requirement while acknowledging that it has a sexual effect.

No, the American Cancer society does not believe that Propecia should be taken for prostate cancer prevention. However, it will prevent the development of hormone sensitive cancers, which is quite evident in recent studies that demonstrate this fact. A recommendation is very different from an off-label indication.

There's not even a recommendation, and there is no official guarantee it will prevent all development of hormone-sensitive cancers.

Merck doesn't pay me anything. In case you haven't noticed (which I doubt you have, because you seem to have tunnel vision on this forum), I've actually posted in numerous threads regarding the health effects of taking 5AR inhibitors including their possible future link to neurogenerative disease, increasing the chance of seizures, and their possible link to thyroid anomalies.

You must forgive me, but I haven't gone through the entire forum, researching every post you've ever written. Sounds to me, though, that you're contradicting your earlier claim about a return to a physiological norm. Neurogenerative disease and seizure doesn't sound physiologically normal to me.

Also, if you would simply read, you'd notice that I had to quit the drugs due to health problems myself. Do you honestly think I'd even mention that if I was working for a company that sells 5AR inhibitors? Don't be such an idiot!

All part of that physiological norm of feeling like crap, I suppose.

For many, there is simply nothing that they can do. The androgen response is too strong for even 70-94% percent 5AR inhibition.

Since this is what I've been saying all along, I'm curious why you're arguing with me.

The simple fact that we don't hear from people on this forum is typical. Once people have success, they don't come back and those that do come back have maintained what they regrew.

That's a possible assumption, but hardly anything concrete to rely on when claiming that long-term treatments are successful, especially since there's a forum specifically for success stories.

Those that continue to go bald despite treatment usually have seborrheic dermatitis and other underlying pathologies that prevent adequate treatment of male pattern baldness. You'd probably notice that, as well, if you'd simply read instead of judge.

I wasn't aware you had personally diagnosed every balding individual who wasn't responding to treatments, so forgive me if I don't accept your assumption at face value without some more specific examples.

What's the matter? Do I keep it too real for you? You might as well just stop now and get used to medical professionals that don't allow you to step all over them just because you think you deserve an opinion. You're the one that comes on here and mocks the progress of my fellow forumites. In my eyes, your opinion and your posts are worth less than the dirt that I walk upon. Keep it up, because I think you're making a lot of friends around here.

On the contrary, I believe I keep it too real for you regarding the long-term effectiveness of hair loss treatments. Apparently, you believe you are more deserving of an opinion than I am. I'm intrigued that a self-proclaimed medical professional believes feeling like crap is a physiological norm. I have never mocked anyone, and you can't cite an example where I have. I won't expect an apology for your accusations--I'll simply acknowledge that you understand you were out of line and leave it at that.

You're right! It isn't a big deal. But, for those that do care you'd demonstrate kindness and compassion to actually care about their suffering and show some freakin' empathy. Instead, you bash them, you insult their progress, and you insult their intelligence by telling them to remove drugs from their regimen that they've made the conscious decision to take months or even years ago.

Give an example of where I've:

1.) Bashed anyone.
2.) Insulted anyone's progress.
3.) Insulted their intelligence.
4.) Told them to remove drugs from their regimen.

I've stated repeatedly on these forums that if they want to do treatments, do them, but don't let them take over their lives. I've been compassionate and empathetic in everything I've written. Looks like you've got the same tunnel vision when it comes to knowing someone's position.

I recommend you either leave or say something that doesn't make you look like a total tool. It'll not only help your internet image, but it'll probably make it less likely that one of us will simply put a boot across your face if we see you walking down the street.

As concerned as I am about my "internet image" on a hair loss forum, I'm more surprised that a self-proclaimed medical professional is apparently threatening me because I disagreed with him over the long-term effectiveness of hair loss treatments. Of the two of us, you are the one who has insulted me repeatedly and called me names. What began as a simple disagreement I politely expressed has resulted in my losing total respect for you. I don't know if you're bitter over balding, or if this is how you always communicate with people who aren't already in line with your position, but I recommend changing your approach if you expect to persuade people who have a disagreement with you.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
slimpiggy said:
blondeguy
ignore the twat.
if you wana listen to someone sensible on here blondeguy at least has the sense to agree with me.the rest of you will learn i suppose.
idiots

It seems to me that blondeguy just wants EVERYONE to shave their heads like he does.

pig, you spent hours on a hairloss forum when you dont have male pattern baldness, who is the idiot here? I see your ignorant, pathetic and not that smart either. What a wicked combo! lol

docj077

Reaction score

blondeguy said:
docj077 said:
So, you think that a pro-fibrotic phenonemon in the integument of mankind is a healthy genetic variation? Wow, you have one scary opinion.

And you have an amusing tendency to exaggerate your vocabulary to sound authoritative. :)

Yes, it's a totally healthy genetic variation, or it wouldn't have evolved to occur in so many men. It's even found in the animal kingdom. There's nothing unhealthy about masculine hair thinning, no matter how much you try to scare these guys into buying drugs.

No, the variation is not healthy, nor is it normal. In the animal kingdom, hair loss is viewed as a different phenomenon and has differing social implications. In mankind, the opposite is true. The defect in the androgen receptor and defects in the androgen co-receptor are associated with other disease processes. Mutations in this receptor and its co-receptor have been identified in prostate cancer and that is scientific fact.

blondeguy said:
If the receptor can do that in the scalp, then what is to stop it from eventually evolving to doing it in the muscle, the testicles, or the lymphatic endothelial cells?

This is ludicrous. It wouldn't just magically make the genetic leap toward affecting your muscles and testicles one morning. I'm simply astonished at the scare tactics you use in front of emotionally vulnerable people who are more willing to believe it.
You'd be surprised how easily the human body can make genetic leaps. With your reasoning, there would be no reason why any genetic disease that shortens life expectency should ever occur. Unfortunately, they do, so creating drugs that deal with the future implications of genetically inherited androgen receptor mutations is a wise idea. Not only for those with a high risk of prostate cancer, but also for those with a risk of developing fibrosis secondary to organ damage or even those with some of the more aesthetically unpleasant diseases like acne, psoriasis, or scarring alopecias.

I don't tell people to do anything on this forum. I don't even give advice to people. I'm not supposed to. You have no right to deny my opinion or deny people the right to read and interpret what they choose.

blondeguy said:
All that is required are fibroblasts with the defective androgen receptor in a target tissue and you'll have the same response. To me, it would seem that doing scientific research on hair loss and developing drugs to cure it will help scientists cure pulmonary fibrosis, hepatic cirrhosis, fibrosis associated with chronic pancreatitis, and kidney fibrosis. So, who are you to say that mankind shouldn't worry about it? Preventing perifollicular fibrosis could very well be the key to curing chronic disease and organ injury.

I never said mankind shouldn't cure chronic disease and organ injury. Why would I, since that wasn't the topic of conversation? Making the grand leap to that from perifollicular fibrosis is the sort of alarmist hysteria I will always take a stand against.

That is the topic of conversation. Androgen receptor mutation allows dermal fibroblast action and collagen deposition with a corresponding fibrosis. Are merely a naturally defensive being or do you not understand the underlying biochemistry of hair loss enough to create an educated opinion?

By creating drug that work at the level of the skin to prevent the action of TGF-beta and dermal fibroblasts, you essentially remove the possibility of collagen deposition while also preventing keratinocyte apoptosis. By preventing those two processes, you prevent hair loss. By stopping the production of DHT, you stop those two processes. That is the goal of those that choose to put these drugs in their bodies. You have no say in the choices of others when it comes to what they do to themselves. You should like one of those stereotypical anti-abortion zealots with regards to attitude and education.

blondeguy said:
This statement is incorrect. DHT is not a requirement of any body process past puberty, but a reduction can affect fertility to a small degree.

DHT is a naturally produced hormone in the body; thus, it is part of the natural balance. It's interesting that you contradict yourself in one sentence, claiming it's not a requirement while acknowledging that it has a sexual effect.

You know what else is naturally produced by the body...insulin. But, wait, how much sugar do you eat everyday? You alter the normal physiology of insulin production and strain your beta-cells while producing cortisol during the time when insulin secretion outweighs glucose intake with the resulting immune suppression. Why do you do that? Why do you eat potatoes, chips, drink pop or juice, and why do you alter hormone levels in your body?

My goodness, why do you eat cholesterol and increase steroid synthesis in your body and DHT to only have those increased levels feed back and inhibit the production of GnRH at the level of the hypothalamus with a corresponding decrease in LH and FSH production. Why do you do that? You keep changing the physiologic norm?

So, you're likely no different from everyone else. You merely do it with your diet and the people that take 5AR inhibitor do the exact opposite with a pill.

blondeguy said:

There's not even a recommendation, and there is no official guarantee it will prevent all development of hormone-sensitive cancers.

Actually, studies show that it reduces the incidence of hormone sensitive cancers. Also, when a man is on propecia, doubling of the PSA value is required and a PSA of over 2.0 should be evaluated.

blondeguy said:

You must forgive me, but I haven't gone through the entire forum, researching every post you've ever written. Sounds to me, though, that you're contradicting your earlier claim about a return to a physiological norm. Neurogenerative disease and seizure doesn't sound physiologically normal to me.

You're forgiven.

Neurodegenerative disease has never been proven, but we discuss it anyway and the seizure problem is only a concern in those men with seizure disorders although that it still not a contraindication for propecia.

blondeguy said:

All part of that physiological norm of feeling like crap, I suppose.

Yes, exactly.

blondeguy said:
For many, there is simply nothing that they can do. The androgen response is too strong for even 70-94% percent 5AR inhibition.

Since this is what I've been saying all along, I'm curious why you're arguing with me.

Because, I find you to be insulting and disrespectful.

blondeguy said:

That's a possible assumption, but hardly anything concrete to rely on when claiming that long-term treatments are successful, especially since there's a forum specifically for success stories.

Not an assumption. People do check back and they do have success.

blondeguy said:

I wasn't aware you had personally diagnosed every balding individual who wasn't responding to treatments, so forgive me if I don't accept your assumption at face value without some more specific examples.

Again, you're forgiven. Go to the stories forum or simply read around here. If you question what I'm saying, then visit with a dermatologist or simply look it up. It would do you some good to read up on the subject.

blondeguy said:

On the contrary, I believe I keep it too real for you regarding the long-term effectiveness of hair loss treatments. Apparently, you believe you are more deserving of an opinion than I am. I'm intrigued that a self-proclaimed medical professional believes feeling like crap is a physiological norm. I have never mocked anyone, and you can't cite an example where I have. I won't expect an apology for your accusations--I'll simply acknowledge that you understand you were out of line and leave it at that.

You are aware that pretty much every drug that medicine uses to correct disease processes makes a person feel like crap, I hope? Diabetes medications like lantus will make you gain weight. Lyrica for peripheral neuropathy can make you lightheaded. Beta-blockers can cause shortness of breath with activity and some can even provoke asthma. Diuretics can cause uncomfortable urinary frequency and potentially hyper- or hypo-kalemia. Calcium channel blockers can cause unsightly peripheral edema. ACE inhibitors can cause a cough associated with the prevention of the breakdown of bradykinin or even angioedema. The list goes on and on and reason that we have to do this is because these people do not exist in a physiologically normal state. We often overcorrect to merely balance and it's still not a cure.

So, when you say that these drugs have side effects, I really don't think you understand what a side effect is and how minimal these effects are with drugs compared to others. I won't even discuss the drugs used for Alzhiemers and Parkinson's Disease. Those drugs are scary, but we still use them, because that's all we have right now.

blondeguy said:

Give an example of where I've:

1.) Bashed anyone.
2.) Insulted anyone's progress.
3.) Insulted their intelligence.
4.) Told them to remove drugs from their regimen.

I've stated repeatedly on these forums that if they want to do treatments, do them, but don't let them take over their lives. I've been compassionate and empathetic in everything I've written. Looks like you've got the same tunnel vision when it comes to knowing someone's position.

That's funny, because I've done the same thing. We don't see eye-to-eye, because you think that you need to win this debate. You're very stubborn and I have some free time for the next month, so it's up to you to decide. If you want to keep this going, then we can, but I can guarantee that you won't come out on top.

blondeguy said:

As concerned as I am about my "internet image" on a hair loss forum, I'm more surprised that a self-proclaimed medical professional is apparently threatening me because I disagreed with him over the long-term effectiveness of hair loss treatments. Of the two of us, you are the one who has insulted me repeatedly and called me names. What began as a simple disagreement I politely expressed has resulted in my losing total respect for you. I don't know if you're bitter over balding, or if this is how you always communicate with people who aren't already in line with your position, but I recommend changing your approach if you expect to persuade people who have a disagreement with you.

I'm not a medical professional. I'm a medical student. Apparently, you weren't aware of that. The names you've deserved, because your sarcasm and ignorance were not appreciated. I didn't have respect for you to begin with, so that didn't change anything for me.

Persuading others requires that I both desire to respect them and that I desire to have a conversation with them. Unfortunately, when it comes to this debate with you and the thread creator, neither of the above are true.

docj077

Reaction score
slimpiggy said:
jesus christ Doctor
wat are u going on about?
and whos the fool on here who thinks dht dosent have a purpose?
dht makes you a man.all of you.jesus how dumb can you all be?
without it ud be overweight,depressed,sick,ill,and youd be a woman.
i cant beleive some of you are really that dumb honestly i cant.

No, no, no, no, and no to the underlined.

DHT is not a requirement for normal male functioning. Just ask the old men that take 5 mg of proscar each day for their BPH. I'm pretty sure that they didn't suddenly grow vaginas.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
Slimp go do your research you fucktard. :hairy: And f*****g type right please its pissing me off in your little enter for ending sentences.

Hi
guys
hows
it
going
im doing
fine..

YAY!

docj077

Reaction score
slimpiggy said:
yes Doctor
ask the men who take 5mg a day for prostate!!!
and wait for it.......whats the side effects?
weight gain
bitchh tits
depression
moodiness
infertility
Doctor LOOK ON THE DAM PACKET OK.
LOOK AT THE SIDE EFFECTS.
IT AINT ME SAYING IT.
ITS MERK.

No, wrong again.

Taken from the April 2007 PDR courtesy of the Monthly Prescribing Guide. Pg. 278.

Proscar:

Adverse Reactions: Impotence, decreased libido, decreased ejaculate volume, hypersensitivity reactions (pruritis, urticaria, swelling of the lips and face), testicular pain.

Avodart:

Adverse Reactions: Impotence, decreased libido.

Pg. 131

Propecia:

Adverse Reactions: Decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, decreased volume of ejaculation, breast tenderness, hypersensitivity reactions.

Oops, nothing that you mentioned is mentioned in the most widely accepted prescribing reference in the United States. I guess you really don't know what you're talking about.

All of the adverse reactions are expected and confined to a limited population of individuals.

All other effects are uncommon and typically related to other underlying medical conditions.

docj077

Reaction score
slimpiggy said:
LMAO
THATS JUST IT Doctor ISNT IT
IT ISNT CONFINED TO A MINORITY.
ITS BIGGER.ITS SOMETHING LIKE 50 OR 60 PERCENT OF YOU.
YOUR AN IDIOT.IM SURE U WORK FOR MERK.
THAT MEANS 6 OUT OF 10 GUYS WILL GET SIDE EFECTS NOT 1 AS CLAIMED.
URE A RIGHT IDIOT Doctor.YOU HAVENT A CLUE WHAT URE TALKING ABOUT OTHER THAN TO SELL FINASTERIDE FOR MERK.
WHAT A KNOB.WHEN ALL THESE GUYS GET ILL FROM IT THEY CAN COME TO YOU Doctor OK.TAKE A LOOK ON THE FORUMS AND YOUL C PROBLEMS WITH THE DRUG EVERYWHERE U LOOK.IF I WAS SELLING YOU A DRUG FOR HAIRLOSS WOULD I TELL YOU MOST PEOPLE WILL GET SIDE EFFECTS?
NO I WOULDNT.I WANT MY MONEY.
COME ON Doctor GROW UP.
YOUR BETTER THAN THIS.
GOODNIGHT

Just so you know...

...your caps lock button is broken.

Plus, the incidence of side effects is 1.5 -2.0% with propecia. Significantly lower than pretty much any given drug on the market.

michael barry

Reaction score
slimpiggy,

just so that you will know. Merk studied men WHO GENETICALLY DONT HAVE THE ALPHA FIVE REDUCTASE ENZYME in the 1970's in Guatemala in their development of proscar.

These Guatemalan men never develop prostate hyperplasia or baldness and have very little incidence of acne. They were found to be missing the alpha five reductase type two enzyme that is located in your hair follicles' outer root sheaths and prostate tissues.

These same men live long healthy happy lives, but they do NOT develop obvious male genitalia until after puberty when testosterone surges in them.

Type 2 alpha five then DOES NOT seem necessary to be a healthy man. We have a long-term biological precedent in THESE men showing healthy men who live without this type of enzyme, creating DHT.

Most of your DHT gets bound by globulin (only less than one percent isn't bound by globulin) when it enters the bloodstream. It probably isnt very bioactive in other tissues at all.

WE KNOW FOR A FACT that 3 alpha steroid reductase quicky deactivates DHT when it makes its way into muscle tissue, so it does not effect your muscles much if any at all.

If you are worried about it however, may I suggest revivogen or topical spironolactone, which probably both work about as well