PLEASE GUYS TELL ME WHY YOU DESTROY YOURSELVES LIKE THIS.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
slimpiggy said:
CHEMICAL
GO BACK TO SCHOOL YOU DIPSHIT.
IF I WANA TYPE LIKE THAT I WILL YOU TWAT.
ANYTIME YOU WANA FUKIN SCRAP BRING IT ON OK.IL MURDER U.
NOW GO BACK TO MUMMY AND ASK HER FOR 40 QUID TO BUY YOUR HAIR PILLS.WHATS THE MATTER CANT SHE CUT YOUR HAIR ANYMORE??WHATS SHE SAYING.SON YOU GOT A BIG ROUND WHITE BALL OF HEAD ON THE BACK OF YOURE HAIR??????
MY SCISSORS WONT CUT THAT FAR!!!
WASTER

ROFL Look at this guy hes an E-Thug threatening to murder me?!

OMFG IM SO SCARED RIGHT NOW!

You need help man. Lots.

Get on some anti-depressants and go see a psychiatrist.

G

Re: Doctor

docj077 said:
[

I hope that you're aware that men with male pattern baldness have a defective androgen receptor and it's actually unhealthy for them to not modulate their hormones through drugs and diet. Not doing so leaves them open to cardiovascular disease and prostate cancer.

Hey Doctor,

When you say "through drugs", are you saying that most people who are balding should be on finasteride or dutasteride to decrease their risk of cardiovascular disease and prostate cancer?

edit: i saw your later posts and realize that is what you are saying. Question: my dad is 50 as i think i've mentioned. he does have liver disease though, so finasteride is out of the question for him, right? even if he were just to take it to reduce risk of prostate cancer/heart disease.

and i have a friend with a 44 year old dad with no health problems who is balding. would he benefit from taking it besides the hair benefits? would he benefit heart wise or prostate wise? thanks.

G

blondeguy said:
I didn't say all older men. I just asked for an example of an older guy who has a reasonably full head of hair that he can attribute to having used hair loss treatments for the last 10 years. Propecia's been available since '97, and Rogaine even longer.
there was a guy on HLH who michael barry linked his pics to once. he's been on finasteride and dutasteride for 13 years(finasteride for 10 or so of those years then dutasteride) and kept his hair and then some. ask him for the link. what do you think of that?

lookinggood has been on finasteride for 7 years and kept everything except the edge of his temples.

G

blondeguy said:
That nobody knows the long-term effects of DHT inhibition, and those who have taken it for several years still lost hair or we'd be hearing from them. One thing I do notice around here is posts from guys who continue to go bald despite their treatments.

Fallacious reasoning.

People who are maintaining their hair with no problems really have no reason to frequent a forum like this. They have free time and are hair worry free so they can enjoy their lives. That's why most people on this forum are continuing to lose hair except people like me. I have regrown a lot of hair and expect to maintain for decades. I'm still here.

lock

Reaction score
ok..i have to ask this: how come the 'Doctor' doesnt take pills because he doesnt have money? cant he get a espcial price / free because of contacts with pharmaceuticals (in my country they can). anyway, a doctor who doesnt make enough to buy some cheap pills sounds somewhat strange to me...

the other guy (the one who started it) is just another freak...no news really, this site congregates hundreds (& some of them even have hairloss).

lock

Reaction score
and what you have done is not really hard at all..people here will argue about anything, you could have said just that you were looking for x number of replies and get them. whoever made that bet with you is not very clever though (or you are, in that sense). anyway, I hope you dont get banned, they always do with the funny ones :p

Pondle

Reaction score
slimpiggy said:
LMAO
THATS JUST IT Doctor ISNT IT
IT ISNT CONFINED TO A MINORITY.
ITS BIGGER.ITS SOMETHING LIKE 50 OR 60 PERCENT OF YOU.
YOUR AN IDIOT.IM SURE U WORK FOR MERK.
THAT MEANS 6 OUT OF 10 GUYS WILL GET SIDE EFECTS NOT 1 AS CLAIMED.
URE A RIGHT IDIOT Doctor.YOU HAVENT A CLUE WHAT URE TALKING ABOUT OTHER THAN TO SELL FINASTERIDE FOR MERK.
WHAT A KNOB.WHEN ALL THESE GUYS GET ILL FROM IT THEY CAN COME TO YOU Doctor OK.TAKE A LOOK ON THE FORUMS AND YOUL C PROBLEMS WITH THE DRUG EVERYWHERE U LOOK.IF I WAS SELLING YOU A DRUG FOR HAIRLOSS WOULD I TELL YOU MOST PEOPLE WILL GET SIDE EFFECTS?
NO I WOULDNT.I WANT MY MONEY.
COME ON Doctor GROW UP.
YOUR BETTER THAN THIS.
GOODNIGHT

Please ban trolls. They add nothing intelligent to the conversation :roll: This potentially libellous nonsense should be deleted.

docj077

Reaction score
lock said:
ok..i have to ask this: how come the 'Doctor' doesnt take pills because he doesnt have money? cant he get a espcial price / free because of contacts with pharmaceuticals (in my country they can). anyway, a doctor who doesnt make enough to buy some cheap pills sounds somewhat strange to me...

the other guy (the one who started it) is just another freak...no news really, this site congregates hundreds (& some of them even have hairloss).

I'm a medical student and already $90,000 in debt due to med. school loans. Plus, I have a girlfriend that wants to get married.

Trust me, I have no money.

I can not get pharmaceuticals for reduced prices although I do have doctors offer me samples if I need them, but I don't take them. Someone else might need them, instead.

G

JayMan said:
docj077 said:
[

I hope that you're aware that men with male pattern baldness have a defective androgen receptor and it's actually unhealthy for them to not modulate their hormones through drugs and diet. Not doing so leaves them open to cardiovascular disease and prostate cancer.

Hey Doctor,

When you say "through drugs", are you saying that most people who are balding should be on finasteride or dutasteride to decrease their risk of cardiovascular disease and prostate cancer?

edit: i saw your later posts and realize that is what you are saying. Question: my dad is 50 as i think i've mentioned. he does have liver disease though, so finasteride is out of the question for him, right? even if he were just to take it to reduce risk of prostate cancer/heart disease.

and i have a friend with a 44 year old dad with no health problems who is balding. would he benefit from taking it besides the hair benefits? would he benefit heart wise or prostate wise? thanks.

interested to hear your thoughts on this Doctor

RaginDemon

Reaction score
slimpiggy said:
jesus christ Doctor
wat are u going on about?
and whos the fool on here who thinks dht dosent have a purpose?
dht makes you a man.all of you.jesus how dumb can you all be?
without it ud be overweight,depressed,sick,ill,and youd be a woman.
i cant beleive some of you are really that dumb honestly i cant.

hey, quit talking with your c***...It's funny how much you know about male pattern baldness when you claim you dont have it. Maybe some day it will just suddenly hit you, then you can start growing youself some virgina. You are below pathetic.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't believe you haven't tired of this nonsence. I am even more suprised that you haven't been banned. Can someone please put a stop to this, because the bloke is clearly a troll. Poking people with sticks to get a reaction is much sadder than anything you attribute to others. It is farcical that you haven't been banned.

Cassin

Reaction score
slimpiggy said:
THE PROBLEM WITH ALL YOU BALD GUYS IS YOUR SO FUKIN JEALOUS OF GUYS LIKE ME NOT BEING BALD.THATS WAT URE REALY MAD WITH.BECAUSE YOUR HAIR ISNT COMING BACK AND YOU LOOK STUPID YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GO AT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAIR.
MAYBE IF U ALL STOPPED MMESSING ABOUT WITH SO CALLED HAIRLOSS CRAP YOU WOULDVE KEPT IT LONGER THAN YOU HAVE.HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SOMEONE ON MINOXIDILL AFTER 4 YEARS?THEY HAVE LOST MORE THAN THEY STARTED WITH.IT LOOKS LIMP AND SHITE.
YOU LOT REALLY NEED TO GET ALIFE.DONT WORRY THE GIRLS STILL LOVE YOU,(FAT ONES ANYWAY)

You have said your piece and your argument is now nothing but a trolling counterproductive waste of space. I have received too many complaints.

1banned6wcrf4.gif

Cassin

Reaction score
Wash n' Gone said:
I can't believe you haven't tired of this nonsence. I am even more suprised that you haven't been banned. Can someone please put a stop to this, because the bloke is clearly a troll. Poking people with sticks to get a reaction is much sadder than anything you attribute to others. It is farcical that you haven't been banned.

Guys I don't know unless you tell me, and once you told me how fast did I act?

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Wash n' Gone said:

Guys I don't know unless you tell me, and once you told me how fast did I act?
Good work. Apologies for my slightly aggresive phrasing. I didn't intend it to sound quite like it did :oops:

Loving the Banned

IBM

Reaction score
blondieguy: You can calm down people that suffer psychologically from hairloss but please tell us over and over again that hairloss is normal. You can thing of it as normal, many people think like you but saying repeately is annoying and sometimes fustrating for most of us.

I dont like me when i look in the mirror with less hair. It makes me much less atractive as most users on 'Impact of hairloss' section.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
slimpiggy said:
blondeguy
ignore the twat.
if you wana listen to someone sensible on here blondeguy at least has the sense to agree with me.the rest of you will learn i suppose.
idiots

It seems to me that blondeguy just wants EVERYONE to shave their heads like he does.

I've never said that. Do what you want.

docj077 said:
No, the variation is not healthy, nor is it normal. In the animal kingdom, hair loss is viewed as a different phenomenon and has differing social implications. In mankind, the opposite is true. The defect in the androgen receptor and defects in the androgen co-receptor are associated with other disease processes. Mutations in this receptor and its co-receptor have been identified in prostate cancer and that is scientific fact.

The balding pattern is the same in adolescent animals closely related to humans, like chimpanzees. Older primates with receding hairlines use their foreheads to convey maturity and status in the group. You are correct that prostate cancer risk is a 1.5 times increase in guys who have vertex balding in their 20s. That is a susceptibility, not a genetic defect. Splitting hairs, perhaps, but my lactose intolerance isn't a defect either. The point either way is that male pattern baldness is normal and natural and not a hideous genetic defect carried by mutants who must get on libido-killing drugs immediately 'lest they are befallen next week with cancer. That was the alarmism I initially responded to.

You'd be surprised how easily the human body can make genetic leaps. With your reasoning, there would be no reason why any genetic disease that shortens life expectency should ever occur.

A sudden widespread increase in a particular genetic mutation is extremely unlikely. With your reasoning, anything and everything in the body will become cancerous at any moment, and we should take every drug on the market to avoid everything. Any negative side effects are part of being physiologically normal. And there are hypochondriacs on these forums who will happy believe you because there's a "Doctor" in your name. Whether you like it or not, you are conveying a medical opinion to many folks here who will automatically trust you as an authority because you use medical terminology. JayMan is already asking you medical questions.

I don't tell people to do anything on this forum. I don't even give advice to people. I'm not supposed to. You have no right to deny my opinion or deny people the right to read and interpret what they choose.

Huh? I have every right to disagree with your opinion, and I never denied anyone the right to read your post. I just disagreed with your implication that hair loss drugs are more like health treatments restoring your body to a natural balance. After that, you called me an idiot, said my opinion was worth less than dirt, and so on. I still don't know what set you off. All you had to do was write a polite, informed response, and that would have been that.

[quote:26d25]I never said mankind shouldn't cure chronic disease and organ injury. Why would I, since that wasn't the topic of conversation? Making the grand leap to that from perifollicular fibrosis is the sort of alarmist hysteria I will always take a stand against.

That is the topic of conversation.[/quote:26d25]

No, it's not.

Androgen receptor mutation allows dermal fibroblast action and collagen deposition with a corresponding fibrosis. Are merely a naturally defensive being or do you not understand the underlying biochemistry of hair loss enough to create an educated opinion?

I'll let your condescension slide as yet another unwarranted insult toward me for everyone to see.

You have no say in the choices of others when it comes to what they do to themselves. You should like one of those stereotypical anti-abortion zealots with regards to attitude and education.

You have no say either, "Doctor." I have every right to opine that hair loss treatments don't work as well as some claim they do. Abortion has absolutely nothing to do with this--yet another strawman thrown into the debate.

You know what else is naturally produced by the body...insulin. But, wait, how much sugar do you eat everyday? You alter the normal physiology of insulin production and strain your beta-cells while producing cortisol during the time when insulin secretion outweighs glucose intake with the resulting immune suppression. Why do you do that? Why do you eat potatoes, chips, drink pop or juice, and why do you alter hormone levels in your body?

So, you're likely no different from everyone else. You merely do it with your diet and the people that take 5AR inhibitor do the exact opposite with a pill.

Yeah, but my diet won't give me breasts or kill my erection. :p The body is designed to biologically respond to differences in diet intake, and that's different from artificially inhibiting hormones you don't normally mess with to such an extreme degree. Drinking a soda is very different from taking finasteride.

blondeguy said:
[quote:26d25]For many, there is simply nothing that they can do. The androgen response is too strong for even 70-94% percent 5AR inhibition.

Since this is what I've been saying all along, I'm curious why you're arguing with me.

Because, I find you to be insulting and disrespectful.
[/quote:26d25]

Where have you demonstrated that you are deserving of my respect? What's going on here is that you don't like that I questioned something you said. You're no demigod, sir. I disagreed with the wording of one of your posts, and you flipped out. Perhaps you believe being a poor medical student gives you carte blanche, I don't know.

You are aware that pretty much every drug that medicine uses to correct disease processes makes a person feel like crap, I hope?

Your implication was that feeling like crap from a drug like Propecia is physiologically normal because a balding person has never felt normal before. It was silly then, and it's silly now. Mental fog, aching nipples, decreased libido, and so on aren't physiologically normal. A balding man can be totally healthy--healthier than a guy with a full head of hair. Do you get it yet? When you post this stuff, you need to take into consideration the mindset of the more vulnerable guys who post here. Maybe you don't visit the "Impact" forum often enough to understand the effect of your words. That's the only reason I posted in the first place.

So, when you say that these drugs have side effects, I really don't think you understand what a side effect is and how minimal these effects are with drugs compared to others.

See above for a list of side effects that aren't so minimal.

That's funny, because I've done the same thing. We don't see eye-to-eye, because you think that you need to win this debate. You're very stubborn and I have some free time for the next month, so it's up to you to decide. If you want to keep this going, then we can, but I can guarantee that you won't come out on top.

When you're done projecting all over me, you should go back and read from where this started. I expressed my respectful disagreement with a portion of a post you made that I felt implied that hair loss drugs were necessary, balancing supplements, and that balding men were unhealthy. I made the point that hair loss drugs are serious treatments that aren't always effective and can have negative side effects. I still don't understand what it is I said that made you so angry. If you had just posted a short, informed reply instead of being condescending and insulting, things wouldn't have gone down this route. You catch more flies with honey.

I'm not a medical professional. I'm a medical student. Apparently, you weren't aware of that.

You said I should step out of the way when the medical professionals speak. I knew you weren't one. I wonder how many others did.

The names you've deserved, because your sarcasm and ignorance were not appreciated. I didn't have respect for you to begin with, so that didn't change anything for me.

I showed no sarcasm until you called me an "idiot." From there, I realized you were one of those internet intellectuals who likes to quote every paragraph you're replying to and read your own posts back to yourself. Yawn.

Persuading others requires that I both desire to respect them and that I desire to have a conversation with them. Unfortunately, when it comes to this debate with you and the thread creator, neither of the above are true.

I have no association with the thread creator, and I said disagreed with his methods. You wanted to swing your internet penis around for a while but found someone who wasn't impressed enough to back down simply because you like to quote your nearby medical dictionary. So you got mad, huffed and puffed, and threatened to put a boot in my face. There was no need for that.

I'm a reasonable guy and respond to reasonable arguments. Like anyone else, I don't respond to being insulted for not being blessed upon birth to always be in line with your position.

IBM said:
blondieguy: You can calm down people that suffer psychologically from hairloss but please tell us over and over again that hairloss is normal. You can thing of it as normal, many people think like you but saying repeately is annoying and sometimes fustrating for most of us.

I mean that it's normal in that 50% of men by age 50 have thinning hair. It's part of being a human male. In 2007, balding isn't a big deal to most of society.

I dont like me when i look in the mirror with less hair. It makes me much less atractive as most users on 'Impact of hairloss' section.

I don't believe you're right about that, even though you think you are. I don't believe any of the guys posting here are as bad-looking as they think. Take treatments to preserve hair if you'd like, but do it on the side as a minor cosmetic thing. It shouldn't overwhelm your life as it does for some folks.

Pondle

Reaction score
What's all this about "feeling like crap" on Propecia? I feel great! As for side effects, man they are WAAAAYY overblown. Guys claiming "mental fog", jay-sus... I give you:

Dutsideeffects.jpg

Cassin

Reaction score
Wash n' Gone said:
Good work. Apologies for my slightly aggresive phrasing. I didn't intend it to sound quite like it did :oops:

Loving the Banned btw :lol:[/quote]

Its ok, text doesn't convey tone of voice so I understand.:pint:

And thank you! :lol:

G

why did you discuss with this guy? i mean the topic is up to discuss, but if you do then please be objective and dont take it personally.

i mean, its an internet forum, so why is it so tough if a guy posts his thoughts. there is no need to get angry. only if you got some problems yourself.....

docj077

Reaction score

JayMan said:
JayMan said:
docj077 said:
[

Hey Doctor,

interested to hear your thoughts on this Doctor

Sorry, Jayman. I'm at the clinic during the day, so I rarely get to reply until after work.

A 44 year old Dad with no health problems would benefit from a yearly lipid panel, CMP, physical, and blood pressure screen far more than he would benefit from taking 5AR inhibitors.

Prostate wise, he'd likely never develop BPH if on a 5AR inhibitor, but if he has hypertension, then he'd benefit just as much from an alpha1-blocker like terazosin.

I don't recommend taking these drugs prophylactically. To be honest, once a man reaches the age of 80 he has about an 80% chance of developing some form of prostate cancer and even finasteride will likely do nothing about it if one's family history is strong enough as they will likely develop cancer anyway.

The better way to do things is to lower one's intake of carbohydrates and fats to prevent insulin fluctations and the corresponding cortisol increases. Plus, reducing cholesterol intake will not allow for excessive production of sex hormones. So, right there, you've actually eliminated many of the causes of prostate problems and heart disease. It's really very simple for a man to stay healthy, but the trick is to stay away from the fast food and high carbohydrate/fatty foods.

Men who are balding should be more aware of their health and their lifestyle. That's all their is to it. The genetic link and the diet link are both there when it comes to male pattern baldness and a vast assortment of diseases. So, take care of yourself.