Popstar Mocked Over His Combover Hair Style

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't care how people perceive it, I need my combover to keep some sanity even if I'm wearing a hat 99% of the time. Looking at a receding buzzed hairline took me to depths of insanity. Combover >>> balding buzz 5'7 baby face . Gotta make the best outta a bad hand till transplant or cure

shookwun

Reaction score
I actually disagree - in the early stages - nw3 or under - balding is hidden by having more hair not less.

When I shaved mine I looked very receeding and thinned but when I grew it out I look so much better.

Here are good examples of concealing hair styles:

Norwood 2.5 short and concealed:

View attachment 50138

NW3:

View attachment 50139

Jude Law nw4:

View attachment 50140

Justin Theroux nw3:
View attachment 50141

So there are some good examples of men who look good now and would look worse bald. I think people say shave your hair too early in the hair loss battle. My advice is to keep your hair until atleast nw4 stage. Anything earlier than that is too soon and will make you look worse.

Plus, not many people are norwood spotters. I remember saying to my ex that jude law is going bald and she would believe me and insisted that was just his hair line (this is around 2008 when he was balding but maybe not significantly bald).
Of course it looks better.

I am more curious of your nw4. Seeing as once you reach this stage you lose the Forelock nd develop an island. This is the point in which the hair does not ever look good unless cropped tight.

Show us the artististry of your comb over.

NW2 and 3 does tend to look worse when buzzed. Not needed at this point

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course it looks better.

I am more curious of your nw4. Seeing as once you reach this stage you lose the Forelock nd develop an island. This is the point in which the hair does not ever look good unless cropped tight.

Show us the artististry of your comb over.

NW2 and 3 does tend to look worse when buzzed. Not needed at this point
Glad we agree!

Hopefully some of the other posters can get some style ideas from these images and with any luck they really help.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually disagree - in the early stages - nw3 or under - balding is hidden by having more hair not less.

When I shaved mine I looked very receeding and thinned but when I grew it out I look so much better.

View attachment 50138

NW3:

View attachment 50139

Jude Law nw4:

View attachment 50140

Justin Theroux nw3:
View attachment 50141

So there are some good examples of men who look good now and would look worse bald. I think people say shave your hair too early in the hair loss battle. My advice is to keep your hair until atleast nw4 stage. Anything earlier than that is too soon and will make you look worse.

Plus, not many people are norwood spotters. I remember saying to my ex that jude law is going bald and she would believe me and insisted that was just his hair line (this is around 2008 when he was balding but maybe not significantly bald).

I'm NW2 and style my hair similarly to the first guy, except with sides faded. Works great currently.

JollyJed

Reaction score
Is Toby Stephens a similar norwood to Jude? i always thought his hair looked great when long and his temples have receded a fair bit.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Toby Stephens a similar norwood to Jude? i always thought his hair looked great when long and his temples have receded a fair bit.
I just googled him - same hair line as me. Would you guys say this is a nw3 or nw4?

upload_2017-3-10_17-30-35.png

Even his comb over is the same as my style:
upload_2017-3-10_17-31-22.png

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

At one point when I was rocking a grown out NW2.5 combover and decided to cut it super short to try it out, the first thing one person said when they saw it..."why'd you cut your hair? You had such luscious locks...now you just have a receding hairline."

illusion of "luscious locks" hiding subhumanity

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just came back from the hairdresser, after having my Norwood 4 hair buzzed down to 2mm as usual. The look on his face said it all. And now I can't even wear a hat anymore.

If you're always buzzing why don't you just buy your own clippers? Would save money and humiliation

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
At one point when I was rocking a grown out NW2.5 combover and decided to cut it super short to try it out, the first thing one person said when they saw it..."why'd you cut your hair? You had such luscious locks...now you just have a receding hairline."

illusion of "luscious locks" hiding subhumanity
People are blind to hair loss unless its obvious.

Its only us men on here are the norwood spotters who can sense a combover or early recession from a mile away

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you even notice a Norwood 2 versus a 1 lol

What do you mean? I have massive head and an even bigger forehead (regardless of balding). I was NW2.5 with very thin hair all over, 8 months ago before treatment. It had even stopped growing, when I went to barbers it was always because the sides were getting long. I couldn't style it any way to make it look good. Minoxidil has been a life saver for me. Not only have I gone from NW2.5 to 2 but all of my hair on the top grows much faster/thicker now. Could be attributes to nizoral or saw palmetto as well but I think it's mostly the minoxidil.

If I hadn't read so many horror stories of people having great success with minoxidil for a year and then it f*****g up I wouldn't be worrying about hairloss at all.

shookwun

Reaction score
Glad we agree!

Hopefully some of the other posters can get some style ideas from these images and with any luck they really help.
show us your comb over.

Self-proclaimed NW4 who looks great :D

be an inspiration

shookwun

Reaction score

View attachment 50138

NW3:

View attachment 50139

Jude Law nw4:

View attachment 50140

Justin Theroux nw3:
View attachment 50141

at the end of the day, it's still a desperate comb over / improvised helmet head hair spray.

I had all these styles, even the popular lego man helmet head (hair spray)

People you routinely see are not stupid, after all it's not a hairline. Are eyes are drawn to where the hairline is positioned on the face, and when we cannot see a hairline we become suspicious.

Start wondering why your hair is so flat, takes on no natural characteristics and is always anchored in a certain way.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
This. He says he's got my same hair (Norwood 4) and looks great with a combover, while I'm forced to buzz it every 2 weeks.

Seems legit.
I've seen your hairline and I think your hairline is worse than mine.

A few posts back I said I have a similar hair line to Toby Stephens - its full density apart from the temples where they have completely fallen back.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
at the end of the day, it's still a desperate comb over / improvised helmet head hair spray.

I had all these styles, even the popular lego man helmet head (hair spray)

People you routinely see are not stupid, after all it's not a hairline. Are eyes are drawn to where the hairline is positioned on the face, and when we cannot see a hairline we become suspicious.

Start wondering why your hair is so flat, takes on no natural characteristics and is always anchored in a certain way.
Perhaps, but as we all agree they look way better than the skin heads.

shookwun

Reaction score
Is Stephens a nw3?

do you even know what a NW4 looks like?

Norwood 4 diffuse

http://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/picture.php?albumid=896&pictureid=7119

Norwood 4

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35707&d=1414788871

resu

Reaction score
Actually that's NW5 diffuse. The "a" is when the hairline starts going higher and higher, "v" is vertex thinning.

norwood-scale.jpg