Rant of a disillusioned balding man

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
tchehov said:
I am not normal. My hair is going-going-gone therefore I am subnormal, a defective being. I would not want to pass these defective genetics on to children. I would not pain a woman to suffer them. If I loved her, she’d deserve better.

oh my man.... oh my....

you need help brother, professional help.

how can I tell you this :roll: .... hair is only cosmetics man, you are not sick in any way.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bet24 said:
tchehov said:
I am not normal. My hair is going-going-gone therefore I am subnormal, a defective being. I would not want to pass these defective genetics on to children. I would not pain a woman to suffer them. If I loved her, she’d deserve better.

oh my man.... oh my....

you need help brother, professional help.

how can I tell you this :roll: .... hair is only cosmetics man, you are not sick in any way.

Probably my remarks were too strong - I certainly did not mean to imply that anyone here was defective in any way. I was really only referring to myself and those awful moments when I feel like giving up, when I feel I can't risk going to that party or that nightclub and I think that life is passing me by.

To compensate I just made my first application of minoxidil. So that's that.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Listen you guys that say hairloss does not matter. Let me tell you of the women I am currently seeing.

She is cute, in shape, has a great job and no mental problems. When we first went out, she didnt seem to interested. She told me later that she was going to tell me she didnt find me attractive and we should be friends. But she hung out with me a couple more times and I won her over with my dry sense of humor and being honest when we talked about serious things.

Now she says she is incredibly attracted to me. She has found things she likes about me physically, my eyes, my face, and my body.

THATS THE WAY IT WILL BE FOR ALL YOU GUYS WITH male pattern baldness! You will never again walk into a room and have girls turn heads, you will have to win women over, and dont expect hot superficial girls to ever again give you the time of day.

You will have to make up for your male pattern baldness with being in awsome shape, having a good job, and having a great personality if you want a decent woman. If you want to date fat girls with no job, then fine do nothing, that will always be available to you or anyone else.

G

PedroPierrePeter said:
You have a relatively ‘normal’ regimen but you still have a dependency on both Propecia and minoxidil. If hair loss didn’t bother you to the same extent that it bothers me then you wouldn’t feel the need to resort to such lengths in an attempt to beat male pattern baldness. I haven’t even taken the drastic step of introducing a cocktail of drugs into my daily routine so I can only imagine that your self-loathing must be worse than mine. Like I said, your regimen is simplistic compared to some on this forum, which frankly are bordering on being preposterous. Nevertheless, I can’t criticise anyone who resides in this forum as it takes courage to face fight this ‘illness’ in the way that many of you are doing. I think I will try minoxidil but I remain very wary of the effect it will have on my life. I would prefer to use Propecia but fear any drug that interferes with the action of male hormones and I also think that the cost of maintaining the treatment is pretty extortionate.

Yes, hair loss does bother but I don't see it as the end of the world if/when I will end up loosing my hair. It's just my only hair and I'm giving it a whirl to see if it wants to stay in my head for a little longer, that's all. When things go too bad, off it goes. But I don't consider myself defected because of male pattern baldness, no way.

P.S. I'm currently not getting any remarkable side-effects from either finasteride nor minoxidil, so I have no reason to stop. If I'd get serious sides, I'd drop them.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
[quote="Fight4Hairs"

My Schedule:
Next weekend new date (older girl 32)
next week after that a young chinise gir ( 20 y and i have high hopes for this one)
Next month i go to spain for meet a verrry sexy latin-african girl.

My previous girls the last year with hairloss:
A persian girl (23 y)
A cambodian girl (20 y)
A white girl (25 y)
And some 3-4 girls on 1-night-stands

Aren't you afraid of getting a desease?[/quote]

Watch how easy it is:

One Earth girl
One Martian girl
One Andromedan
One from the constellation Sirius and one from the constellation Orion.
One Irish girl (to flavour).

Compensation.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Pedro,
I'm very impressed with your post. You've made some great observations...

Hairloss has psychological ramifications on almost all individuals. It's no wonder that most change their careers because of their hairloss.

Although you might be a slave to Propecia and/or Minoxidil, why not try to see where the treatment takes you.

Have you considered transplant surgery?

Best of luck, my friend.

Damn Wind

Reaction score
I love you all. :) My anti-social, ranting and raving balding brothers. It is stupid to think that you can't meet a good woman that you are attracted too just because you don't have hair lol. Yes it would be great to have a head of hair like Mr. Pitt (you bastard) but a good smile, a nice set of teeth and an athletic build topped off by a positive outlook and good sense of humor seem to do pretty well :). Count your blessings gentlemen, there are millions of people who are really suffering out there. We have thinning hair...get a grip.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinning said:
Listen you guys that say hairloss does not matter. Let me tell you of the women I am currently seeing.

She is cute, in shape, has a great job and no mental problems. When we first went out, she didnt seem to interested. She told me later that she was going to tell me she didnt find me attractive and we should be friends. But she hung out with me a couple more times and I won her over with my dry sense of humor and being honest when we talked about serious things.

Now she says she is incredibly attracted to me. She has found things she likes about me physically, my eyes, my face, and my body.

THATS THE WAY IT WILL BE FOR ALL YOU GUYS WITH male pattern baldness! You will never again walk into a room and have girls turn heads, you will have to win women over, and dont expect hot superficial girls to ever again give you the time of day.

You will have to make up for your male pattern baldness with being in awsome shape, having a good job, and having a great personality if you want a decent woman. If you want to date fat girls with no job, then fine do nothing, that will always be available to you or anyone else.

Uff that was some fresh hair in this thread.

Cheer up dudes!

G

FabioM said:
[You will never again walk into a room and have girls turn heads

Well that doesn't happen to me now even with hair. I don't think a lot of guys on here are striving for that.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score

too true.

i think of rod stewart, mick jagger and donald trump, to name just a few.
not on a regular basis, mind you!

and what do they have in common?

yep...gorgeous dolly birds on their arm.....why?....are these guys, great looking....i don't think so.

would these girls have been attracted to that terrific trio, had they been road sweepers or insurance clerks?

use your noodle, guys......these girls are worthless trollops...spending their whole lives based around superficialities and being told how beautiful they are... from day one they have been spoilt by daddy and then by every other guy desperate to get a date with this trophy....great lookers but incandescently boring and shallow.

they're pathetic...so don't waste your time or your life, fretting about these girls not looking at you, because you've lost a little hair.

celebrate....celebrate the fact that these superficial girls will be automatically filtered out from your life....real women need only apply!![/quote]

CCS

Reaction score
afdsafs

CCS

Reaction score
and why do you even care if someone is superficial? Why do you want to date women instead of men? Because you want to have kids some day? I don't think so. If you are happy dating women with acne and funny faces, do so, and stop giving these "superficial" women such a hard time. But if you want to date a pretty woman (which I assume is why you are so upset), then recognise that you are just as superficial as the the women you scorn, and the reason you will date average looking women is not because you are not shallow, but because they are the best you can get.

CCS

Reaction score
I hear to many people say they are not shallow and someone else is, but I have yet to see someone date someone who is less attractive overall (money, sex appeal, intertaining) than themself. Occationally there will be someone who is unaware they can do better. Dating is like job interviewing: your salary can vary with negotiation skills, knowledge of better offers, and confidence to go ask for them.

CCS

Reaction score
Most people don't even love sexy people. Even though sexiness or money will get you sex, the difference is if someone finds you sexy, they often will think they love you, whereas if you give them money, they usually can understand the relationship better and know that they don't.

I don't feel any hot woman should have to give up her happiness by dating me exclusively. But I think if she cared about other people besides herself, she'd at least show me a little compasion every once in a while since there is nothing I can do about this big flaw that is holding me back.

well...for some people there is nothing they can do. I plan to fight this as hard as I can, and buy RU soon.

CCS

Reaction score
Pretty women usually do NOT like several desperate, physically unattractive guys throwing themselves at them. They only like good looking guys doing that, but the good looking guys have other options and tend not to do that.

The person who said women like this is just upset he was turned down or thinks he would be. If any woman was flattered by his interest in her, that means he good at flattery or he is close to her standards, but not quite close enough, and she is upset she can't get the guys she wants.

Average looking women tend to be flattered by getting hit on my average looking men, but many people may find it insulting to be reminded they are average.

CCS

Reaction score
many are boring, but many are not. but all of them don't feel the need to intertain us, so that skews are impression of them. They are a lot more fun to be around when they are trying to have a good time with us, even if it is not sexual. I know this from experience. Usually if a woman acts very boring, it is because she wants you to lose interest so she does not have to reject you outright. I think most people can be interesting, but we all have different tools at a given time.

Everyone wants what they can't have. The difference is whether you will hurt someone to get it, be overly unhappy without it, do something about it, or have the means to do something about it. Some people also have different interests, but we are not so different from those lucky people as you may think. They are not villains. They just have what we want and probably can't have. If you can shape up enough to date one, there is no reason not to, unless that person has any real flaws. I know plenty of ugly people who will say hurtful lies out of jelousy. One even tried to talk me into not talking to my sister again, just because she is pretty and he is angry at all pretty women. I have not talked to that guy much since then, except when he calls me. I talk for a minute and then say I have to go.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
ok. you've rumbled me.
of course i want an attractive woman but i just dont feel i can get the ones i really want because they'll see i'm bald and not give me a chance.

leaves me 3 choices.

1. find a woman who likes baldies (there are some, i'm told).

2. get rich....women seem to look at you like you had the most luxuriant mop of hair ever.

3. get a toupee

ps got some great little rugs at wigs r us.