Re growth 14 years balding . Skin/smooth on top.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I was a troll they got some damn good hair . But honestly what do I have to gain other than losing my time to answer a few questions other guys might have who want their hair back ? You think i was just at work one day and said to myself “ damn today is the day I’m going to join a hair loss forum and f*** with a bunch of bald guys “ and what kind of massaging were you doing that caused back issues . I’m sure I could google scalp massage and back pain issues and some dumb *** theory would pop up and now I feel even dumber because I’m about to do it once I send this and then everyone reading this is about to go do it too all because of this negative comment . I will 100% guarantee you did not do it everyday even though you will swear up and down you did , and if you did you probably did it for a month maybe 2 before you said screw it and gave up because coming from me , someone who got damn good results I too found myself wanting to stop or even just forgetting cause without pictures for before and after and without immediate success you start to lean towards it’s b.s . Hair is so fine man when that follicule is clogged with gunk it’s ain’t coming through ... scalp massage breaks that gunk up and helps blood flow . Put in the time and work and results can’t be denied .... so who is the real troll ? On another note hope your back gets better from them scalp massages you were doing brother

I rather be bald than being as obsessive and following this insane hard working regiment. Ye i did the scalp massages for months and pressing it dont do sh*t many have tried it already on immortalhair site. I ruined my neck by massaging 20 min day for months. I Will never massage my head ever again. This OP guy is a hippie troll.
Hi dyo have any updates at all? Cheers

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe my hair has thickened a bit since giving up coffee. It’s been about 3 or 4 weeks. As the study enumerated coffee has lots of chemicals in it. My teeth are also whiter.
Reading the forums some are recommending garlic oil, adding Vitamin C to shampoo, injecting or topically using choline. So I am rigidly avoiding coffee. Most adolescents don’t drink coffee.. So it makes sense.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe my hair has thickened a bit since giving up coffee. It’s been about 3 or 4 weeks. As the study enumerated coffee has lots of chemicals in it. My teeth are also whiter.
Reading the forums some are recommending garlic oil, adding Vitamin C to shampoo, injecting or topically using choline. So I am rigidly avoiding coffee. Most adolescents don’t drink coffee.. So it makes sense.
Most adolescents also play with toys and have no hair on their balls.

Maybe you should shave your balls and start playing he-man?

Coffee clearly has nothing to do with it. Otherwise every Italian - man and woman - would be bald. Male hormones are what causes baldness, not coffee.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was more wondering if your still using that solution to unclog pores and release sebum? Even if you haven't had progress from that did you manage to get much gunk out? If you did then any potential regrowth would be mamy months ahead but I'm interested if this stuff worked to clear your pores/hair follicle roots.

Regarding coffee, I've been casually on and off it for years (not hair related just how it's gone) and genuinly don't see an issue with it, apart from potential to increase sebum through an increase in cortisol but that can be manged separately and in balance the positive effects off coffee outweigh this imo.

I would advise anyone who is badly stressed/depressed or suffering from insomnia or fatigue to avoid coffee as cortisol can shoot up in these circumstances. Other than that I see it as a positive.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I have a steamer & desincrustation liquid & Dermapore device. I haven’t seen any gunk coming out of pores.. because it’s hard to see top of head & there are hairs around. Perhaps I’m not applying enough pressure. Years ago, a lady steamed my face & used a pore remover tool. She was able to extract 1/2 inch long pieces of goopy fat from facial pores. It left a gaping hole & she said you can fry eggs with this goop. It’s really a skill I need to learn. But to your point Yes, I believe my scalp is full of this goop either hardened or goopy. It’s just hard to do it by yourself. Next time I steam, I’ll try harder.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I have a steamer & desincrustation liquid & Dermapore device. I haven’t seen any gunk coming out of pores.. because it’s hard to see top of head & there are hairs around. Perhaps I’m not applying enough pressure. Years ago, a lady steamed my face & used a pore remover tool. She was able to extract 1/2 inch long pieces of goopy fat from facial pores. It left a gaping hole & she said you can fry eggs with this goop. It’s really a skill I need to learn. But to your point Yes, I believe my scalp is full of this goop either hardened or goopy. It’s just hard to do it by yourself. Next time I steam, I’ll try harder.
This is along the lines of what I'm looking into. It's not easy to do yourself. I've had a go with extraction tools along the small area where my hairline was 5-10 years ago (I'm diffuse and only slightly receeded) can still see the individual pores where the hairs were and I can tell you this for a fact - if there was any chance at all of regrowthing that hair (through meds or whatever) there is no way the follicles would push through without removing that gunk.

As for top of scalp, it's impossible to do on your own especially if you have hair grown out.

There's so many variables to hairloss, but in my opinion one thing for sure is once hairs have minuturised and sebum continues to produce in that area at the same rate it always has, it severly blocks any chance of revival. Its why DHT blockers mainly preserve hair rather than regrow, although the odd hair is going to push through. And also why good transplants generally work, as its implanted and not affected by the gunk as much.

Go and see that lady again, shave your head and pay her to remove every black head from your scalp and let us know how it goes in 3-6 months lol.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I last posted. I did another steaming of scalp. Put the liquid to loosen pores. I Dermapored & did some squeezing. I put some apple cider vinegar/baking soda on scalp. Then some glycolic acid. & after shampooing.. put some joboba, peppermint & tea tree oil..
So I upped my game.
So… It would be like a scalp facial… pore extraction…

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I last posted. I did another steaming of scalp. Put the liquid to loosen pores. I Dermapored & did some squeezing. I put some apple cider vinegar/baking soda on scalp. Then some glycolic acid. & after shampooing.. put some joboba, peppermint & tea tree oil..
So I upped my game.
So… It would be like a scalp facial… pore extraction…
Does the dermapore device work well and can you see how much crap you get out of your pores?

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It works a bit… not as deeply as an extraction tool. I got one for 1/3 of price on EBay.. on the face there’s a little give, on scalp no give… There are YouTube videos of professionals using it.
it seems sebaceous gland are right in the follicle.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It works a bit… not as deeply as an extraction tool. I got one for 1/3 of price on EBay.. on the face there’s a little give, on scalp no give… There are YouTube videos of professionals using it.
it seems sebaceous gland are right in the follicle.
Might have to get one.

The sebaceous gland is closer to the scalp surface than the root itself which is much deeper, and sebum production doesn't drop after hairloss, it's so obvious that hairs can easily be trapped by all the gunk. Imo the topic should have far more traction on these forums but for some reason the line 'sebum causes hairloss' is instantly shot down. It 100 percent plays a huge part.

Can only imagine the progress those using heavy DHT blockers would see if they also targeted blocked pores/follicles.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree.. The hairs want to grow, but they are physically being strangled. Blood flow helps, massage helps to increase blood flow. You would think some scientist would get a microscope or something on a hair pore in a balding area & examine it. We can see the pores on the face. We can see they are enlarged full of gunk. But what about the scalp. NOTHING. What is the result of genetics, stress, cortisol, oily skin, sebum, DHT, androgens— clogged up hair pores.
It’s a great hypothesis. Like the Unified Theory of the Universe. It explains it all.
We have to approach this in a new way.
Perhaps topicals can’t get to follicles because the pore is clogged. Ah ha!
You heard it here first. Maybe we need to inject topicals by syringe?
Anyways it makes the most sense to me.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree.. The hairs want to grow, but they are physically being strangled. Blood flow helps, massage helps to increase blood flow. You would think some scientist would get a microscope or something on a hair pore in a balding area & examine it. We can see the pores on the face. We can see they are enlarged full of gunk. But what about the scalp. NOTHING. What is the result of genetics, stress, cortisol, oily skin, sebum, DHT, androgens— clogged up hair pores.
It’s a great hypothesis. Like the Unified Theory of the Universe. It explains it all.
I just purchased some witch hazel, apparently very good at unblocking pores and removing black heads, and also good for cleansing the scalp as an added bonus. Going to try on the small bit of receeded hairline then if any progress I will try and target whole scalp.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m going to study more on the subject of cleaning scalp pores. There is a lot of anecdotal remedies. I’ve seen a few esthetician remarks.. Wonder what dermatologists say or trichologists say.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am very skeptical of this theory.

Even if the hair did get trapped under sebum (or whatever), the hair does not "know" that. I would just keep growing and form an ingrown hair and eventually become infected. And this actually happens sometimes.

I'm not dermatologist, but maybe clearing out pores and gunk from your scalp creates a better environment for healthier, stronger hair to grow in, because the follicle is not full of gunk or something, I don't know. But I'm pretty sure there's no hairs being "trapped" under sebum and then just "giving up" because they can't get to the light of day.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am very skeptical of this theory.

Even if the hair did get trapped under sebum (or whatever), the hair does not "know" that. I would just keep growing and form an ingrown hair and eventually become infected. And this actually happens sometimes.

I'm not dermatologist, but maybe clearing out pores and gunk from your scalp creates a better environment for healthier, stronger hair to grow in, because the follicle is not full of gunk or something, I don't know. But I'm pretty sure there's no hairs being "trapped" under sebum and then just "giving up" because they can't get to the light of day.
The hair root is a lot deeper than the sebum producing gland, when a follicle miniaturizes through male pattern baldness or whatever the sebum gland expands and blocks the pathway that was once used for the hair follicle. Not to mention the hair that was once there used to 'soak up' the sebum which is why sebum is there in the first place - to moisturise the hair. So this sebum now has nowhere to go other than sitting in top of a bald head. It's my understanding that this is why clean bald heads are usually way more shiny than those who shave down to a grade 1. And also IMO why when people are thinning on top but still have decent coverage and eventualy shave thier head down, they end up clean bald very quickly.

The growth of sebum glands is stimulated during puberty.

If someone then jumps on meds, the more sebum then the harder time any reviving follicle will have to push through some people have more sebum than others. Regardless if the hair doesn't know its there, the follicles don't give up, they might even push through but meds work very differently for everyone. Minoxidil, again in my opinion, partially clears the pores (as well as stimulating blood flow) but only works for as long as you use it.

IMO it should 100 percent be part of the conversation regarding preventing hair loss, and I've seen very little mention of it on these forums over the years, or people truly trying to declog there's scalp pores which is not an easy thing to do. In theory if it does help it would take a while to see results like anything else.

I'm all over this for a few months so will report back. Have a really good feeling about Witch Hazel helping greatly.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair root is a lot deeper than the sebum producing gland, when a follicle miniaturizes through male pattern baldness or whatever the sebum gland expands and blocks the pathway that was once used for the hair follicle. Not to mention the hair that was once there used to 'soak up' the sebum which is why sebum is there in the first place - to moisturise the hair. So this sebum now has nowhere to go other than sitting in top of a bald head. It's my understanding that this is why clean bald heads are usually way more shiny than those who shave down to a grade 1. And also IMO why when people are thinning on top but still have decent coverage and eventualy shave thier head down, they end up clean bald very quickly.

The growth of sebum glands is stimulated during puberty.

If someone then jumps on meds, the more sebum then the harder time any reviving follicle will have to push through some people have more sebum than others. Regardless if the hair doesn't know its there, the follicles don't give up, they might even push through but meds work very differently for everyone. Minoxidil, again in my opinion, partially clears the pores (as well as stimulating blood flow) but only works for as long as you use it.

IMO it should 100 percent be part of the conversation regarding preventing hair loss, and I've seen very little mention of it on these forums over the years, or people truly trying to declog there's scalp pores which is not an easy thing to do. In theory if it does help it would take a while to see results like anything else.

I'm all over this for a few months so will report back. Have a really good feeling about Witch Hazel helping greatly.
None of that addressed my point, it only was re-stating what you already believe.

My point is that the hair has no idea whether it's "trapped under sebum" or not. It won't just "stop growing". It's not like the hair is thinking, "sh*t I'm trapped, I better stop growing now".

If you had a heap of hair being "blocked" by sebum, all that would happen is you'd end up with a sh*t-load of in-grown hairs all over your head.

Also, I don't think there's any evidence that shaving your head down accelerates balding. I've had my head shaved for 20 years. Sure, I'm obviously fairly advanced in my balding, but in that time, plenty of my mates that had full heads of hair went completely bald. When I let my hair grow a bit, people often are surprised that I still have hair.

.... anyway ... I thought you might be interested in this little experiment I did. I bought a pore-vaccum type machine last week. I have the link for the exact machine below ... very cheap ... some Chinese piece of crap.

As an experiment, I razor-shaved my head yesterday, like egg-bald and went over it with this machine. I must say, I was quite surprised at the amount of gunk it sucked out of my scalp! It wasn't ridiculous or anything, all in all my 1/3 of a ml I guess. But it was gross and surprising. And it doesn't even work that well. I know because I used it on my nose too ... and got some gunk out. But afterwards I was able to squeeze my nose and get more out. So I know it's not getting everything out, just the top layer.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this might explain why topicals don’t work when they should work.. something in the scalp/pores is blocking their efficacy. After much trial & error I don’t have a better theory. It makes perfect sense, but hasn’t been proven.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
None of that addressed my point, it only was re-stating what you already believe.

My point is that the hair has no idea whether it's "trapped under sebum" or not. It won't just "stop growing". It's not like the hair is thinking, "sh*t I'm trapped, I better stop growing now".

If you had a heap of hair being "blocked" by sebum, all that would happen is you'd end up with a sh*t-load of in-grown hairs all over your head.

Also, I don't think there's any evidence that shaving your head down accelerates balding. I've had my head shaved for 20 years. Sure, I'm obviously fairly advanced in my balding, but in that time, plenty of my mates that had full heads of hair went completely bald. When I let my hair grow a bit, people often are surprised that I still have hair.

.... anyway ... I thought you might be interested in this little experiment I did. I bought a pore-vaccum type machine last week. I have the link for the exact machine below ... very cheap ... some Chinese piece of crap.

As an experiment, I razor-shaved my head yesterday, like egg-bald and went over it with this machine. I must say, I was quite surprised at the amount of gunk it sucked out of my scalp! It wasn't ridiculous or anything, all in all my 1/3 of a ml I guess. But it was gross and surprising. And it doesn't even work that well. I know because I used it on my nose too ... and got some gunk out. But afterwards I was able to squeeze my nose and get more out. So I know it's not getting everything out, just the top layer.

If you youtube search 'blackhead scalp removal' the first few videos are of a woman removing blackheads from the back of a guys head, along with a crazy amount of hair that was trapped underneath. This guys hair is healthy, and its probably not male pattern baldness related but it's insane to watch, and I would never have guessed there were SO many ingrown hairs underneath.

I'm not at all saying healthy hairs are trapped and forget to grow (although the youtube videos shows that this is possible) or that sebum causes hairloss... but what I'm suggesting is after hairloss has occurred and for whatever mechanism someone manages to reverse this (DHT blockers, microneeeling, minoxidil, massage, diet, vitamin deficiency etc) the newly revived hairs might have a hard time pushing through the old pathway which is now full of sebum.

Thanks for info regarding your experiment I'm looking at getting something similar.

Ive just purchased more extraction tools from amazon, the ones dermatologists use. So far I've managed to get a load of crap out the area in front of my hairline where I had hair 10-15 years ago followed by witch Hazel to keep the pores free. Maybe a bit ambitious to expect regrowth here but as my hairs long its very hard to get into main scalp area further back. So only time will tell if I get any results. I'm not on strong DHT blockers ( only saw palmetto and red ginseng) and not on minoxidil.

Do you think your device would work in amongst long hair or would you need to shave down to use it?