READ READ READ.. Very Interesting POV

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Only thing i ever read about accutane on hair forums was people claiming it caused hair loss. strange.

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
Only thing i ever read about accutane on hair forums was people claiming it caused hair loss. strange.

It does. In high doses.

bobonyc

Reaction score
A couple of things that seem shady to me.

First of all you just register a few days ago and start making incredible claims about a hairloss cure. Are u serious...?
Than what doesnt add up to me are the daily visits your doctor grants you just to discuss whats being said on this forum. Very strange.

I think the most likely scenario here is you are someone who was banned from this forum for whatever reason and who doesnt have anything better to do but troll here with these outrageous claims.

Obv i wish im wrong, but i really doubt it.
One way to be more credible is to take before pics which should be posted asap and later on after pics of this supposed cure.

If you really suffer from hairloss and your quest is genuine i think you would understand everyones concern here, since we'r all in the same boat.

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
bobonyc said:
A couple of things that seem shady to me.

First of all you just register a few days ago and start making incredible claims about a hairloss cure. Are u serious...?
Than what doesnt add up to me are the daily visits your doctor grants you just to discuss whats being said on this forum. Very strange.

I think the most likely scenario here is you are someone who was banned from this forum for whatever reason and who doesnt have anything better to do but troll here with these outrageous claims.

Obv i wish im wrong, but i really doubt it.
One way to be more credible is to take before pics which should be posted asap and later on after pics of this supposed cure.

If you really suffer from hairloss and your quest is genuine i think you would understand everyones concern here, since we'r all in the same boat.

Umm.. have you actually read whats going on? I've seen my GP twice for NON-hairloss related illness. I suffer from chronic fatigue. This is merely a discussion we had.

Please keep your accusations to yourself. Don't draw me into a kids game.

el_duterino

Reaction score
if the sebum is the cause of hairloss ...how can we explain that:
1)women never go bald..they have sebum !
2)castrated men never go blad
3)hair at the side/back of the head stays
4)transplanted hair stay on..
5)we don't loose facial hair even at very oily spots and during the most acne prone years etc..

etc..

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
if the sebum is the cause of hairloss ...how can we explain that:
1)women never go bald..they have sebum !
2)castrated men never go blad
3)hair at the side/back of the head stays
4)transplanted hair stay on..
5)we don't loose facial hair even at very oily spots and during the most acne prone years etc..

etc..

I'm taking a stab at this but..

1) women do go bald.. its called Female Pattern hairloss
2) castrated mean dont produce enough DHT to produce the sebum, so this actually works FOR the theory
3) one would assume receptors on the hairs ontop and front are more sensitive. Ive personally thinned out on the sides n back. Ive read of many other ppl who have also
4) transplanted hair arent as sensitive to DHT so they dont produce as much sebum.
5) this i have no idea..

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
Empire , make sure you take pictures

Seriously without them no one will believe you if it does work , also are you using anything besides accutane?

Took baseline pic today. Not taking anything else.

Took my first 10mg pill yesterday, will take another tomorrow.

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Empire, best of luck to you on your treatment... I think some one else asked if you are on anything else for hairloss.. are you?

Glad you took a picture as Decro is right about people not believing you if it works. I really do hope it works for you because its definitely starting to give alot of us here hope.

Also do you think this treatment will be more for maintenance, or also regrow lost hairs?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Empire,

I had PMed you earlier but I also want to make a public post here. Please do not let any of these people talking negatively about your idea get you discouraged. To me this theory makes a lot of sense. Why do people with seb derm also have thinning hair? It's because excess sebum! I also think when there is more dht in the scalp, the sebum that is produced contains more cholesterol in which the p.ovale (bacteria that causes dandruff/seb derm) live off of and in turn cause inflammation.

I really think you have stumbled upon something. I cannot believe people are dismissing this idea so readily when there are others on this board doing things like putting downy fabric softener on their heads... :(

Good luck, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for the sake of ppl like me suffering from major seb derm and hair loss....keep us updated.

Best

ADG

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
helpmyhair said:
Empire, best of luck to you on your treatment... I think some one else asked if you are on anything else for hairloss.. are you?

Glad you took a picture as Decro is right about people not believing you if it works. I really do hope it works for you because its definitely starting to give alot of us here hope.

Also do you think this treatment will be more for maintenance, or also regrow lost hairs?

I'm not taking anything else.

I have no idea what it will do (if it even works) but I'm going for it. Lets see how it goes.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
any idea how to explain why people like myself with low sebum and dry hair and scalps lose hair?

I hope you dont regret it. Personally id enjoy your hair while you got it cause without finasteride it could be gone soon.

good luck though.

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
any idea how to explain why people like myself with low sebum and dry hair and scalps lose hair?

I hope you dont regret it. Personally id enjoy your hair while you got it cause without finasteride it could be gone soon.

good luck though.

Microscopic sebum build up. Doesn't need to be visible on the scalp to know its there.

I can't use finasteride.. I can't use ANY internals.. I'm a big big victim of hyperandrogenicity.

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
what happens with that? what are the symtoms?

This is what happened to me:

1. Massive acne breakout
2. Oily oily forehead and scalp
3. Big increase in body hair
4. Horniness like you'd never believe. I could wank 10 times a day with ease.
5. Sped up hair loss

I don't know how to reverse it either! Anyone got any clues?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
try milk thistle tabs. they are suppose to stabalize the body after increases of testosterone.

evening primrose oil also good at balancing hormone levels.

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
accutane has been used for around 25 years. you would think that if it did accidentally cause hair growth, we would know about it.

one of the possible effects is permanent hair thinning

i'm sure there are acne forums where you could post asking if it has helped anyone's hair, rather than test it on yourself.

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
billythekid said:
accutane has been used for around 25 years. you would think that if it did accidentally cause hair growth, we would know about it.

one of the possible effects is permanent hair thinning

i'm sure there are acne forums where you could post asking if it has helped anyone's hair, rather than test it on yourself.

I'll address this issue for the last time.. even though I've mentioned it a million times already.

ACCUTANE at 40mg, 60mg and 80mg a day has POSSIBLE temporary/permanent hair loss side effect. This side effect seems to be from the liver which fails to be able to produce biotin. After the drug is stopped, hair loss is persistent as the liver is too damaged to produce biotin for healthy hair. 5000mg of biotin a day has regrown hair for these sufferers. GOOGLE IT.

No Acne sufferer will even consider 30mg a week because they are convinced it is too low. Scientists (french ones) say low dose and ultra low dose (even as high as 20mg a day) may take longer to kill off acne, but is very safe and almost side affect free.

Matter of a fact, doctors prescribe low dose accutane for roseacae.. google it!

I started with no knowledge and in days I've become a doctor myself.. Google is your friend, so please do some research before giving input because it'll confuse the hell out of people!

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
THIS IS THE THEORY EXPLAINED IN DIAGRAM

Link also here http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv167/EmpireHair/scen1scen2.jpg

scen1scen2.jpg

kc444

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on Biotin. My hair loss started after taking Accutane, maybe Biotin would help? Wouldn't it be amazing if I regrew everything! Ha.. I can dream